Secondary Copy

Hi,

My customer using Great Plains modified report(Primary Copy).
Now he wants new report something similar to the modified GP report with
very few changes.

I tried to copy the modified report and planned to use us a secondary copy.
But the report has temp tables, so I am unable to make secondary copy.

Can some one help me in how to make a new report something similar to the
modified report, where to launch it.

Whether it is possible throught VBA & Modifier?

Regards
Selvakumar.S

A report with a temporary table can only be a primary copy.

This is because only a primary copy can be used instead of the original
report and a report with a temporary table needs the code which launches the
report and populates the temporary table to work.

Even if you could copy it to a secondary copy, the temporary table will be
empty and the report probably will not work.

You would have to make an entire new report as a custom report if you can.
This custom report can be launched via Reports >> Custom Reports.  Or there
is an unsupported VBA technique which can be used to launch a Custom Report.

Please get your partner to contact me if you would like an example of this
VBA technique, use the address below (remove the online. first).

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"SelvaKumar" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My customer using Great Plains modified report(Primary Copy).
> Now he wants new report something similar to the modified GP report with
> very few changes.
>
> I tried to copy the modified report and planned to use us a secondary copy.
> But the report has temp tables, so I am unable to make secondary copy.
>
> Can some one help me in how to make a new report something similar to the
> modified report, where to launch it.
>
> Whether it is possible throught VBA & Modifier?
>

> Regards
> Selvakumar.S

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Forward a copy of outbond mail.
I have a 2003 server with Exchange 2003 setup. I am trying to watch what users send out via e-mail. I would like to set something up that would forward a copy of out going mail to a mail box that I can only read. I do not want to set the rule up on the local machine just on the server. Is there a way to do this?? Thanks in advance Hi, Hopefully this Knowledge Base article will help. 261173 XADM: How to Enable the "Message Journaling" Function for an Exchange http://support.microsoft.com/?id=261173 -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

Running total and copy
Hello, I have three field on my form I would like to total into a fourth field. Example: I would like to Sum: Exceptions, Before3 and After3 and place the sum in a field called Next Day Carry Over or NDCO. Then, I would like for the total in the NDCO field to prefill in the CarryOver field on the next record with a click of a copy button. Is this even do-able? At the very least, I would settle for the running sum and the user can place the sum in the CarryOver on the next record manually. Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks!! ...

Copy PO button is gone after SP3 install
On GP 9 after installing the year end update along with Service Pack 3 the copy button for copying PO's is no longer there - anyone run into this? Also the copy button on Inventory Item Maint. screen is now greyed out? ...

paste values without copy-paste values
Can I replace the copy-paste values code with something like <range>.cells(i,j).value = <range>.cells(k,l).formula ? (or .text or .? or ....) I have a standard list with standard columns, and operational lists with subsets of columns. I also have an equivalence table between columns, to accomodate for titleswitching, missing columns and changes in the order. Now when I try a nested loop for rows and columns, applying a "<standardlistrange>.cells(i,j).formula = <operationalrange>.cells(i,k).value" formula to every cell, I get good results, ...

Copy of Database for Reports Only
I am using Access 2K. Currently, we have a back-end .mdb that is almost constantly in use, and some very complex reports that are pulled via stand-alone form. Currently the reports are taking at least 20 minutes to run, which is too long for a manager to wait. the reports take 30 seconds if the .mdb is copied to the desktop and under two minutes when no one else is in the system (no manager will stay that late in the night for reports.) What I want to do is have a copy of the database created every hour and to have the manager reports pull data from the copy where there will be significant...

Copy Functionality Lost
Up until a day or two ago, I could select a cell to copy, paste it into another cell and the original copied cell would remain available to be copied again (it would be highlighted with the dotted border). Now, after one paste the copy cell reverts to normal, and I have to re-select it to copy into another location. I know I can use CTRL or SHIFT, but I find the retention of the copy ability useful. This is a networked office PC and imagine I might have to ask our IT Dept (as Administrator) to do something. Any ideas appreciated, thanks If you paste by pressing Enter you'll exit ...

Copying slides from ppt to pptx
how do i go about copying slides from a ppt to a pptx? I have the compatibility pack and it didn't help at all... any suggestions? What version of PP do you have on your system? Can you open the pptx file or is that where you are having trouble? -- Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "dahl.matt" <dahlmatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23547F40-1B8F-403C-BCA8-4B4D8CECCCF3@microsoft.com... > how do i go about ...

Copy NDRs to public folder
All, I have moved my postmaster mailbox into a mail-enabled folder, which is working fine. However, I cannot get Exchange to send copies of NDRs to the postmaster mailbox. If I select any other "true" mailbox, it's fine. Isn't this supported or am I missing something? Any help appreciated! -- Kind regards, Erik Cheizoo eXcellence & Difference - we keep your business running ============================================ Always test in a non-production environment before implementing Guidelines for posting: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375 ======================...

Fast Way of copying and paste to the same account
Is there a faster way of copying and pasting within the same account rather than using the Copy To Account... context menu option? It would have been nice if one could use Ctrl C and Ctrl V... Oh well... ...

How do I copy the print settings from one worksheet to another?
Are they in the same workbook? If yes, then select the one you like. Then click on the second tab (to group both). Then File|page setup And Ok your way out. Then ungroup the worksheets (just rightclick on one tab and select ungroup sheets) Then check to see if all the settings you wanted were applied. == If they're in different workbooks, you could move one to the first workbook. Do the work and move it back. mackkaren wrote: -- Dave Peterson Select first sheet then hold CTRL and select next sheet. SHIFT and click to group more than two sheets. Right-click on sheet tab an...

Copy/export: distribution Lists
Hi, I have multiple Distribution Lists, in my outlook contacts, that I want to export it into excel file, each distribution list alone. How to do that?? Thank you. You can export DL's. Read the reply to your other post. -- Russ Valentine "sue840" <sue840@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:543F8231-F16B-4D53-ACA2-6916F05C1908@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have multiple Distribution Lists, in my outlook contacts, that I want to > export it into excel file, each distribution list alone. How to do that?? > Thank you. ...

copy rows with values
Hi First step is no problem: in Sheet1 col AI this formula is inserted with VB to add age groups =OM(OCH(Age>=0;Age<7);"a. 0-6";OM(OCH(Age>6;Age<16);"b. 7-15";OM(OCH(Age>15;Age<26);"c. 16-25";OM(OCH(Age>25);"d. 26-";"")))) Col is autofilled to last used row. In next step I loop thru these rows to find certain rows and copy them to Sheet2. Problem is that formula on each row is then copied. Instead I need it to be values only! Needs to work in Excel 2003 and 2007. Sheet1 can have >20 000 rows Any s...

Distorted Excel chart fonts when copy/paste to Word or Powerpoint
Since a few weeks I'm having a problem with Excel charts. First of all, the y-axis title is cut-off after 6-7 characters on the display screen, although it prints correctly. Second, when I copy and paste the chart into e.g. Word or Powerpoint the chart fonts appear 'distorted'. The workaround for this problem is to first print the chart to a PDF file and then copy and paste the PDF file, but this is cumbersome. Does anyone know what might be causing this erroneous behavior? One theory (suspicion) is that the problems started after I used MS Chart (which I normally never use) ...

copying formulas #9
I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data from every 4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6, f6, j6, n6). When I try to copy the pattern to the next 4 cells in the row, anticipating r6, v6, etc. instead it repeats as f6, j6, n6, r6. How do I correct this? One way =OFFSET(Sheet2!$B$6,,COLUMN(A:A)*4-4) copy across Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Tracey" wrote: > I am trying to copy formulas in a spreadsheet that pulls the data from every > 4th column in another spreadsheet in a consistent pattern (eg. b6, f6, j6, > n6). Wh...

copy and paste from workbook to workbook
hi again, I have 2 workbooks open. I need a macro to select and copy all non-blank cells from Sheet1 FROM one workbook, then paste these cells into the 2nd workbook, sheet2 at Cell A1. thanks much! Sub dk() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Workbooks(1).Sheets(1).UsedRange rng.Copy Workbooks(2).Sheets(2).Range("A1") Application.CutCopyMode = False Set wb2rng = Workbooks(2).Sheets(2).UsedRange With wb2rng .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Delete Shift:=xlUp End With End Sub "johncaleb" <johncaleb@d...

keep links when copied to different computer
I have a large excel database of medical patients - naems conditions etc. I also have scanned each test they have had I would like to hyperlink from the patients name to a separate pdf file with their reports The problem is that i would like to have the database and the file on three separate computers. How do i set it up so that the links work on my computer and alsot the other computers when i put a copy of the database and the report pdfs on Sorry if this is very simple but i'm a novice trying hard and going gre LD One way Use this with in A1 the path C:\Data\ =HYPERLINK(A1&...

Copy Paste Conditional Formatting
I have used conditional formatting to identify certian parameters. I must now copy that column to another spreadsheet but do not want to lose that highlighted data. I have tried Copy Paste Special but I can only copy the Values. Is there any way to copy those cells and the colors? If you do a copy/paste special/formats, you'll get the conditional formats (and other formats) into the destination cells, without changing the values already in those cells. -- Jim "Bud Hughes" <BudHughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAA3085A-642D-4645-ADC5-24FF967...

Ensuring files are copied correctly
Folks I've had a request to double check that files which my utility as copied from the network server to the client PC has been copied correctly. Presumably by using a CRC although it looks like I could also use SHA or MD5.. Any comments on Calculating CRC32 With VB http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/vb/code/libraries/CRC32/article.asp Any better algorithms out there? I'm not at all sure this is required because I would've though Windows networking would double check that the files coming across the network were intact. But then this would be the standard...

Can one download an evaluation/trial copy of Office2008?
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'd like to try it before purchase but it didn't come on the new iMac recently purchased and I wanted to know if there is an url where one can download the trial version. thanks ncm@officeformac.com wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I'd like to try it before purchase but it didn't come on the new iMac recently purchased and I wanted to know if there is an url where one can download the trial version. > > thanks not at this time. There was a test drive for O...

Read Only Spreadsheet / Save Copy As Option
I have setup up several templates for some users that are used to import data from a third party software application. As the users only have read only access to the directory where the templates are saved, they can only save a copy of the file. This in itself is what I want as I do not want them corrupting the templates, however when they "save copy as" the file that they then have open remains as the Bookxx spreadsheet rather than the new file they have just saved/created. Does anyone know a way around this as I am concernd that the users will not realise and may loose changes th...

Copying inbox from one account to another on exchange 2003
Hi I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is there a way to do that? I tried copying to the public folder then copying from public to new account - but the dates changed to todays date for all emails! Any thoughts? Use PSTs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67F087A-39D7-4DBA-947D-F20F63574952@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is > t...

Hard drive recovery
I had a power failure in the neighborhood and thus my one drive now close to death - ticking and having issues reading. I have a full view of the files and I have been trying desparately to COPY (using windows file explorer) to another drive the files that are still accessible - but I started to think that maybe I should use ACRONIS backup instead - the copying of files is taking hours even for the smallest ones, and I don't want the drive to die before I get all I can, so do you think ACRONIS would be a better way of trying then the method I am already using? "daviddsc...

Running a second copy of the same OS, just for emergencies
Running a second copy of the same OS, just for emergencies? My ex-gf has this virus problem (which I asked about in another post) and I realize I have always had dual boot, so I could remove viruses in winxP from my Win98SE. But some of the new av's won't run on win98, and my new computer mobo might not be able to run win98 anyhow, and the question occurs to me, why not have dual boot with another copy of the XP, installed from the same CD with the same product key. Since all the hardware is the same, MS won't even notice, right?? If it did notice, would it objec...

How to copy a graph from a website to my newsletter?
I need to copy off a graph from my company website to put into my newsletter, but I'm not sure on how to properly cut the image, paste it, and then be able to adjust the size and shape of it. newbie wrote: > I need to copy off a graph from my company website to put > into my newsletter, but I'm not sure on how to properly > cut the image, paste it, and then be able to adjust the > size and shape of it. ======================================= Do a screenshot of the webpage by pressing your Print Screen key. Paste the screen shot in your image editing software and crop...

how to copy on double-click the cell value to Clipboard
Hello everybody, My question is in the title... I just want to be able to automatically copy the text content of one selected cell (selected by double-click) into the Clipboard. Can you help me? I tried something like the following, but it doesn't work. Thanks in advance Cyril Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) On Error Resume Next If ActiveCell.Value <> "" Then ActiveCell.Value.Copy End If Cancel = True End Sub Hi Cyrille, Just double click, then click ctrl and c. To paste the data, click ctrl and ...