Secondary Copy

Hi,

My customer using Great Plains modified report(Primary Copy).
Now he wants new report something similar to the modified GP report with
very few changes.

I tried to copy the modified report and planned to use us a secondary copy.
But the report has temp tables, so I am unable to make secondary copy.

Can some one help me in how to make a new report something similar to the
modified report, where to launch it.

Whether it is possible throught VBA & Modifier?

Regards
Selvakumar.S

A report with a temporary table can only be a primary copy.

This is because only a primary copy can be used instead of the original
report and a report with a temporary table needs the code which launches the
report and populates the temporary table to work.

Even if you could copy it to a secondary copy, the temporary table will be
empty and the report probably will not work.

You would have to make an entire new report as a custom report if you can.
This custom report can be launched via Reports >> Custom Reports.  Or there
is an unsupported VBA technique which can be used to launch a Custom Report.

Please get your partner to contact me if you would like an example of this
VBA technique, use the address below (remove the online. first).

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"SelvaKumar" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My customer using Great Plains modified report(Primary Copy).
> Now he wants new report something similar to the modified GP report with
> very few changes.
>
> I tried to copy the modified report and planned to use us a secondary copy.
> But the report has temp tables, so I am unable to make secondary copy.
>
> Can some one help me in how to make a new report something similar to the
> modified report, where to launch it.
>
> Whether it is possible throught VBA & Modifier?
>

> Regards
> Selvakumar.S

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Does anyone have a copy of a Payroll Chart when paid every 2 week
nI am in dire need of a payroll sheet suggestion for employees under a 2 week pay period. It must have a lunch hour also. Any suggestions will be so much appreciated. Hi Dolores Have a look at this site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Do a search for Payroll, many sample HTH John "Dolores Pray praydplp@sympatico.ca" <DoloresPraypraydplpsympaticoca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7AA2524-355F-4AD7-A6E1-BDC5419CF2DA@microsoft.com... > nI am in dire need of a payroll sheet suggestion for employees under a 2 week &g...

Copying Attribute
I need to create a bunch of attributes which will all have the same picklist. Is there a way to save the list so I can replicate it? Also, is there a way to save any attribute so I can duplicate it multiple times and save it as a different name rather than having to start from scratch each time? If so, how? I want to know the same thing. In addition, is it possible to group attributes? I would like to group a section of fields, copy this section and preserve the picklist values. "Kenbo" wrote: > I need to create a bunch of attributes which will all have the same pickl...

copy music
How can I copy a music file from an existing power point presentation? On Jan 22, 12:51=A0pm, cn2qlo <cn2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I copy a music file from an existing power point presentation? Audacity can be used to record (and edit) just about any audio that flows through your computer, from just about any source. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=3Drecording&i=3Dstreaming I'm currently using Audacity 1.3.11 (Beta) to convert my vinyl records to mp3's. Audacity 1.2.6 is the stable version. http://audacity.sourceforge.ne...

Copy and Paste resources?
Hi, I try to import resources from one MFC project to another. But I cannot just simply Copy and Paste resources like controls in a dialog box. How about toolbars and menus? Thx. xg You CAN copy and paste resources from 1 project to another, having said that you do need to take a close look at what you get afterwards. If you load your project up, then use File -> Open and navigate your way to the .rc that you want to copy from, and open it up. You can then do your copy paste actions. Having completed that, you now need to go to resource.h of your project and renumber ID's...

Secondary protection of Hyper-V VMs possible?
We have built a secondary DPM server to be able to backup our protection groups off site. This is working fine for all but the protected Hyper-V machines on the primary server. When I select the primary server, I don't get an option to protect those machines. Is this a bug, or a known feature limitation of DPM? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Probably you're missing some required hyper-v hotfixes, I can back them up fine from my secondary. "Caillin" wrote: > We have built a secondary DPM server to be able to backup our protection > g...

copying worksheet problem
I get the warning--No more new fonts maybe added to this workbook--when I make a copy of a worksheet that contains graphs. It is not a large file. And when the new worksheet appears--some the fonts are much larger. Any ideas? Check out this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573 XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "mel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d8e401c394c2$b23cef50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I get the warning--No more n...

Copy #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C64A82.E6493880 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi,Hope any one can help.I have 2 wokbooks with 15 sheets in each of=20 them, 12 sheets have the same name in each workbook. I want the macro to verify the sheet name that it is run from in the first work book (HCP_2005) and copy=20 the filtered rows to the second workbook WV_2005 to the same sheetname, i.e. if the macro is run from the sheet "January 2005" in workbook "HCP_2005" then...

Copying charts to other worksheets
Is there a way to copy a chart to another worksheet within a workbook, and have it change the worksheet referenced in the source data? I am asking this because I have 7 sheets setup exactly the same way, and need graphs for each, but would like to avoid having to reassign the ranges for each sheet. Dave - This is the easiest way: make copies of your sheet with the chart (the chart on the copied sheet will refer to the data on the copied sheet), then copy the new data, and use Paste Special from the Edit menu, and use the Values option. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP htt...

Excel Copy and Paste (Greyed)
1. Open an existing Excel workbook with mulltiple sheets. 2. Activate Sheet1 ; Right-click the mouse short-cut menu (which shows Copy okay, but Paste and Paste Special are greyed). 3. That means that Paste operation is hampered on Sheet1. 4. However, the right-click mouse's short-cut menu is apparently working okay on the other worksheets (meaning that Paste and Paste Special are not greyed thereof). 5. Please share your comment ; What could be done to restore the Copy-and-Paste operations on the right-click mouse's short-cut menu for Sheet1 ? 6. Regards. I don't see a direc...

how to "Copy to Folder" in Outlook 2007
We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista. Can you please tell me how to "Copy to Folder"? Make a copy of this message to another folder? Thank you. "Aaron B" <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote in message news:O1QBjupNIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We are using Outlook 2007 in Vista. > > Can you please tell me how to "Copy to Folder"? > Make a copy of this message to another folder? > > Thank you. Presumably the same as in Outlook 2007 on XP - highlight the message, click on Edit-Copy to..... Aaron B <no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote: >...

Secondary subtotals
I have a database I want to subtotal by both State and City. So for example, I want to see subtotals for individual towns such Dallas, Houston, Cleveland and Toledo, but then I want to see totals for Texas and Ohio. I sorted first by State, then City and created subtotals for the sales amounts based on the State. All is OK. I created the secondary subtotal just like the first one except at each change in City, and I told it not to replace subtotals. It doesn't look right. Does any of this make sense? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? TIA Dino Do it the other way around, Dino. ...

Formula copying from one workbook to another...
Hello Excel community friends. Here's my problem: I trying to copy a formula from a worksheet in one workbook to a worksheet (of the same name and same cell location) in another workbook. Say the formula from workbook1/worksheet1 is =sum(1+1) and the name of workbook1 is "Me" and the name of the worksheet1 is "Sheet1" and located in cell A1. Of course, when you copy the formula from "Me" to another workbook (named, say, "You") and to the same location (A1) and on the same named worksheet, "Sheet1", the preface of the formula is s...

copy, paste
I do Ctrl C, minimize one workbook, maximize another workbook, attempt to do Ctrl V, the buffer contents have been dopped. This also happens when I try to copy the contents of one cell to another cell or many cells within the same workbook. Does the same thing happen if you use other methods, such as right-clicking the cell and choosing copy from the context menu, or using Edit | Copy? -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com "BB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8865615B-41EB-4C6F-A94B-A632424BFD70@microsoft.com... >...

how to close Read Only file without prompt to save copy
Hi I'm working on an Excel file that will always be opened as Read Only by users. To save confusion I would rather the user is not prompted to save the file on exit. I've tried application.displayAlerts = False in the Workbook BeroreClose event code but no joy so far. Is it posible to achieve this? Thanks Try Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Me.Close False End Sub -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "David" wrote: > Hi > I'm working on an Excel file that will always be opened as Read Only by users. > To save confusion I wou...

Lose formatting when copying/pasting from Web page into Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3340955062_591920 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Folks: When I try to copy a Web page that has formatting such as bold, different font colors, underlining, etc., and then copy it into an Entourage new message, I just get black and white text � no formatting. My mail format setting in Entourage is set to HTML. Any ideas? I know this has worked before, because I did it about...

Saving A Copy
I want to save a copy of a spreadsheet but not have the code run in the copy. The code updates the invoice number on open and clears the spreadsheet. Then makes a copy on close. The bad part is that it still runs on the saved copy when you open it. I have tried a few examples from Google but do not seem to work or do not work right. here is the code. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Dim SavePath As String Dim InvoiceNumber As Long InvoiceNumber = Range("g12").Value SavePath = "C:\Documents and Settings\" ...

Copying between Visio Diagrams
I am trying to take packages from a Reverse Engineered UML diagram and put them into another UML diagram that I am working on. I found that it is possible, from a given diagram, to copy the individual classes (select all, copy, paste into other document diagram). However, this does not necessarily keep some of the packaging in place. Any ideas? Eric ...

Primary and secondary Y-axis with same 0 line
The minimums and maximums of the data shown are likely to be very different; however I would like them to have the same 0 line. There are positives and negatives (sometimes only on the primary axis) so my 0 is often not lining up (i.e. 0 on the primary axis is lower than 0 on the secondary usually). Is there a way to make sure that the two Y axis share the same 0 line but with different scales? Peter Hi, Jon Peltier's page on the subject may help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html Cheers Andy Peter Hemmingsen wrote: > The minimums and maximums of the dat...

Data in secondary axis dizappears when using names
Hi there, I'm using Excel 2007 and the problem I'm facing is this: I've created a graph which reads data frrom a simple table. Then I named the rows in that table using the OFFSET formula as I want to plot only the last 10 entries of the table and not the whole table. The names that I've given are, for example, row 1 is 'Date', row 2 is 'Asset' and row 3 is 'Liability'. When I select the name, I can see that it highlights the area that I want to be plotted (the last 10 entries only). 'Asset' is plotted in the graph using Primary Ax...

Copying the Pixels of a CBitmap to memory?
Copying the Pixels of a CBitmap to memory? What is the minimal syntax for doing this? I have some code that uses GetDIBits(), but am unsure of exactly what is required, I want to get rid of everything that is not required. Why not show the code you have so we can see if there is any extra stuff there? joe On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 14:27:48 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Copying the Pixels of a CBitmap to memory? >What is the minimal syntax for doing this? > >I have some code that uses GetDIBits(), but am unsure of >exactly what is r...

Display of secondary axis trendline for a secondary axis plot
I'm having trouble getting an Excel XP chart to display the trend line for a plot related to the secondary axis. When I do so, it shows up on the legend list, but not (observedly) on the graph itself. If I change all to the primary axis, then I can get the problem line trended - that is, I can see the trend line (but of little use at that scaling). ...

Paste/Copy Issue
I am trying to copy data from a worksheet that has its information all side by side to another workwheet that has a column between each respective destination cell. eg Sheet1 G10 to Sheet2 D6; Sheet1 H10 to Sheet2 F6; Sheet1 I10 to Sheet2 H6; Sheet1 J10 to Sheet2 J6 etc. Is there a means of hiding every 2nd column on Sheet2 so destination cells will be side by side and copy/paste as a range? OR is there a formula/function to achieve this data transfer? Appreciate your help... Kev. Hi in sheet2!D6 enter the following formula: =IF(MOD(COLUMN(),2)=1,"",OFFSET('sheet1'!...

Copying last cell's datal in one column to first cell in next column?
I have several columns of data. For instance: Col B Col C Col D Col E Col F Col G Row 1 250 125 89 Row 2 125 217 144 Row 3 166 144 105 Row 4 122 110 Row 5 155 Row 6 What I need is to be able to copy the last item in Col B (166 in Row 3) into C1 and the last item from Column D (155 in Row 5) into E1 etc. I have three colums I need to ...

Adding a Secondary Owner Field in Contact form
Hello Everyone!! I would like to know if someone can help me with this... Is there any way to create a copy of the ownerid field to have more than one possible owner to each contact??? I have added a new field called: owner_02 to Contacts entity but it is a nvarchar so the user can add any text and it should be better if it is the same type than ownerid field. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks and regards, Pablo Hi Pablo, There is no easy way to achieve this. You could add a separate entity which gets filled automatically based on callouts on Systemuser. Then create a lookup t...

Secondary Domain
Hi, I have a problem with a secondary domain name that I am trying to setup in my exchange organisation, I have two Exchange 2003 servers and on 2000 server. The problem that I have is that one of the 2003 servers will not accept mail to the secondary domain when I telnet to the server and try to send an email to an address using the secondary domain I get the following message 550 5.7.1 unable to relay for user@xyzdomain.com If I telnet into the other servers it accepts the message and delivers it. Any ideas? Thanks Rob. How did you set up the secondary domain? Did you add it...