Searching in knowlegdeBase by GP Version

I saw you're working on searchig in customersource to make searches more
efficient, so I thought that there is a way to perform a search more exactly
to spend less time.

A great Idea for Searching in knowlegdeBase is doing by GP Version, I mean
(Spanish ES-LA), (United States EN), that's an easy way to find:
1.-Products Update
1.-Articles
For example:
Sometimes I find some articles or downloads, but the says "Current Release:
English: Release 8.0" if I want to search this item for "Spanish Version", in
this way I can do it better.

Thanks.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e44ae75c-c06b-45cc-9166-0f3bfa433199&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Basilis (1)

Hi Arturo,

I am researching the Spanish Great Plains for one of our divisions.  It
sounds as if you might be using the Translated version.  Is this correct?  If
so, can I contact you to ask a few questions?

Thanks,

Zach Morgan

"Arturo Basilis" wrote:

> I saw you're working on searchig in customersource to make searches more
> efficient, so I thought that there is a way to perform a search more exactly
> to spend less time.
>
> A great Idea for Searching in knowlegdeBase is doing by GP Version, I mean
> (Spanish ES-LA), (United States EN), that's an easy way to find:
> 1.-Products Update
> 1.-Articles
> For example:
> Sometimes I find some articles or downloads, but the says "Current Release:
> English: Release 8.0" if I want to search this item for "Spanish Version", in
> this way I can do it better.
>
> Thanks.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e44ae75c-c06b-45cc-9166-0f3bfa433199&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
ZachMorgan (47)

Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities install/upgrade failed
During the process of upgrading to 9.0 from 8.0 I ran into this error message when running utilities immediately after install - "Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities install/upgrade failed" No other help or messages offered in the pop up. Dynamics shuts down immediately after. Install background: Previous version was 8.0 runnning on a SQL 7 server. We upgraded SQL to 2005 and attached the previous db's. Dynamics was a fresh install on this server. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Dynamics, but ending up eith the same error. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. ...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

Mfg and SOP allocation in GP 10.0
Hello: End users of Manufacturing and Sales Order Processing in GP 10.0 have noted that they are not sure what windows and reports to "believe", in terms of know the quantities of items allocated in the system. As a whole, what are the best windows and reports to review in order to gather the accurate amount of allocated quantities? And, if a Manufacturing and SOP report or window are not "matching" in terms of allocated quantities, is reconciling quantities the best and only option? Thanks! childofthe1980s How is the Manufacturing Preferences window set up on ...

Search engine optimization

Any new version coming out?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3205250761_1028060 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi, Is there any news about a total update to Office 2004 for Mac?? Thanks. Frank --B_3205250761_1028060 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Any new version coming out?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans...

GP10 SP2 Installation
Greetings everyone, I am currently attempting to install GP10 SP2 in my test environment, however I'm not having much luck. The GP client is updated correctly as far as I can tell, however when I attempt to login to GP Utilities for the first time I am unable to update DYNAMICS and the other company databases I have. So far here's what I've got: 1) Install SP1 (tried both on a client with and without SP1 already installed) - the installation completes normally with nothing to indicate any issues. 2) I log in to GP utilities (no problem). 3) A dialogue is displayed that says...

Mny 2005 Deluxe download paid for but comes up as trial version
help, what to do? I'm trapped in an endless help support cycle. Has this happened to you? Advice? -- Karl Karl, on the 26th a user, Casey, posted the same problem. I've seen no hints of a resolution yet. Geeks living at home in parent's basement 99.9999% "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9176AA92-9319-4AAA-A600-9C1D1D9C643F@microsoft.com... > help, what to do? I'm trapped in an endless help support cycle. Has this > happened to you? Advice? > -- > Karl After spending a ton of time getting redirected to t...

selecting gp company within crystal at run-time
I'm using GPv8 and Crystal 10(?). I have a report in Crystal that I want to be able to run against any of our multiple company databases in GP. For example, I want one of the parameters the user would enter to be "Select Company". How can I do this? Right now I have multiple versions of the report saved, with each pointing to a different SQL Server Database. Thanks, Rob Post your email address and I will send you a sample code which will let you process data from a selected company. I had to do it for myself to create a Consolidated Historical Trial Balance Report...

excel VBA

Display notes on tab (NotesCount)
Hello CRM-community, a new version of the client side customization NotesCount for CRM 4.0 is available. Some new features like type dependend counters within the notes tab and a tooltip function for more details are now implemented. I created a codeplex project for centralized maintenance and collaborative bug tracking... so as it was for CRM 3.0 in 2007 it's completely free and open-source at http://notescount.codeplex.com/. I hope you'll like it. Comments are gratefully appreciated. Thomas Hi Thomas Brilliant Thank you Pete Thomas Roschinsky wrote: > Hello CRM-commun...

GP 10 Upgrade
I was wondering if it would be posible to run a GP 10 upgrade as follows - - Relocate a GP8 DB to a new SQL Server (DYNAMICS and Data) - Create a new DSN pointing ot the new SQL Server - Install GP10 using the new DSN - Run GP 10 Utilities to convert the db Respectfully - ingram You should really go out on the customersource site and find the techknowledge regarding moving databases from one server to another. (Transfer of Great Plains from one server to another.) If you are doing what you are describing below, you will lost all your logins, (which is a pain to recreate) and have other...

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

upgrading to new version #2
I recently downloaded the newest version of ms money (Deluxe Plus) to replace my 2001 version. Because of some mistakes I made over the years in learning how to use the product, I would prefer to keep the old version separate from the new version. In other words, I would like to start the new version without carrying over any data from the old version. When I start to open the new version, it automatically recognizes the old version and wants to convert all the data to the new version. Can I truly "start from scratch" with the new version, while maintaining the old version wit...

Search, Search, Thanks
In the last couple of weeks I have been fighting with different ways o synching my laptop and my home pc. I have ended up with numerou duplicate entries, duplicate address books and duplicate contact lists ALL of my questions/problems I was able to resolve simply by searchin through the forums. Chances are if you have a problem you're not th first. There are some really good people on these forums that know alo more about Outlook than I do. Just my .02 Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Including imap folders in outlook 2003 search folders
Dear all, Is it possible to include imap accounts/folders as providers for "virtual" search folders in outlook 2003? At the moment, I only see the option to check folders in my personal folders but not to include imap folders. The reason that I ask is that I would like to be able to get a complete view of follow up tasks across all my accounts (1 pop3, 2 imap and 1 hotmail). Only the pop3 account gets delivered into the personal folders and is included in the follow up a nd unread search folders. Thanks for your help in advanced. Raj ...

Display search results
Using OneNote 2010 Beta: file tabs are on the left; how can I make search result tabs appear on the right? Now they don't appear at all: the first search result is displayed in the middle of the screen (that's fine) but no way to move to the next search result, nor any way to scrool them all the search results. I'd like to see all the search result tabs listed on the right so I can choose the one I want (as was the case with the version of OneNote that got replaced by 2010 beta). Many thanks for any help. -- CH I can't really visualize what you want, but h...

Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? For example, a cell may have a formula such as =3+5 You can search and find the 3 or the 5. The cell with show 8, is it possible to search for an 8 and have it find this cell? TIA Yes. In the Search dialog, choose Options and select Look in Values. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:WbednSOFT7Cbp57fRVn-1Q@adelphia.com... > Is it possible to search on the results on a cell? > > For example, a cell may have a formula such as > > =3+5 >...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

How can I search for a phrase within thousands of documents 2003 search I searched for "Trust" in document name and "special needs" within document -- Irritated 2007 Word User You could do that by modifying the code in the article "Find & ReplaceAll on a batch of documents in the same folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/BatchFR.htm probably in combination with the code in the article "Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InsertFileNames.htm ...

GP 9.0 automatic journal entries in inventory
Has anyone found out how to turn the automatic journal entries off in GP 9.0 for manual cost adjustments? ...