Script in customer report not running on user's machine

Hello,
I am using GP for the first time, and I just got into the report writer 
about 30 minutes ago, so I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question.

We have a custom report.  There is a script in the Window_AfterActivate 
event sets these options:

    Printer.Value = 0
    Screen.Value = 1
    File.Value = 1
    FileName.Value = "c:\temp\test.txt"
    FileFormat.Value = 1
    IfFileExisting.Value = 1

This works on my machine, but it does not work on the user's machine.  Is 
there some sort of runtime I need to install on her machine to make this work?

0
colem (4)
3/19/2007 3:40:20 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 5 followers. Follow

7 Replies
635 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

There could be two things getting in the way of your custom report, the 
reports dictionary and/or system permissions.

Are you sharing a common reports dictionary?  Check the  Dynamics.set file 
to determine which report dictionary the user is actually using.

Don't forget to set user permission in advance security to allow the user to 
use the custom version of the report.

VinceV

"colem" wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using GP for the first time, and I just got into the report writer 
> about 30 minutes ago, so I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question.
> 
> We have a custom report.  There is a script in the Window_AfterActivate 
> event sets these options:
> 
>     Printer.Value = 0
>     Screen.Value = 1
>     File.Value = 1
>     FileName.Value = "c:\temp\test.txt"
>     FileFormat.Value = 1
>     IfFileExisting.Value = 1
> 
> This works on my machine, but it does not work on the user's machine.  Is 
> there some sort of runtime I need to install on her machine to make this work?
> 
0
VinceV (156)
3/19/2007 4:05:17 PM
VinceV,
Thanks a lot for your reply.

So I take it that specific reports aren't their own files.  If I customize a 
report, which files do I need to copy to make it work on the user's 
machine... or how can I find out which files I need to copy?

We have a common reports repository on our network drive that copies the 
some .dic files to the local machines on startup.  I am assuming that I need 
to place a file in that batch, but I'm not sure what file.

"VinceV" wrote:

> There could be two things getting in the way of your custom report, the 
> reports dictionary and/or system permissions.
> 
> Are you sharing a common reports dictionary?  Check the  Dynamics.set file 
> to determine which report dictionary the user is actually using.
> 
> Don't forget to set user permission in advance security to allow the user to 
> use the custom version of the report.
> 
> VinceV
> 
> "colem" wrote:
> 
> > Hello,
> > I am using GP for the first time, and I just got into the report writer 
> > about 30 minutes ago, so I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question.
> > 
> > We have a custom report.  There is a script in the Window_AfterActivate 
> > event sets these options:
> > 
> >     Printer.Value = 0
> >     Screen.Value = 1
> >     File.Value = 1
> >     FileName.Value = "c:\temp\test.txt"
> >     FileFormat.Value = 1
> >     IfFileExisting.Value = 1
> > 
> > This works on my machine, but it does not work on the user's machine.  Is 
> > there some sort of runtime I need to install on her machine to make this work?
> > 
0
colem (4)
3/19/2007 4:59:08 PM
Reports are stored in a file named reports.dic, you'll need to either copy 
that file to each workstation or place a copy of the file on a network share 
and modify the reports line in the dynamics.set file to point at that share.

We use the latter approach for all systems except the system that reports 
are developed on since bad things can happen when you try to change an open 
reports file.  Report updates are copied out the the Share when no one is on 
the system.

VinceV

"colem" wrote:

> VinceV,
> Thanks a lot for your reply.
> 
> So I take it that specific reports aren't their own files.  If I customize a 
> report, which files do I need to copy to make it work on the user's 
> machine... or how can I find out which files I need to copy?
> 
> We have a common reports repository on our network drive that copies the 
> some .dic files to the local machines on startup.  I am assuming that I need 
> to place a file in that batch, but I'm not sure what file.
> 
> "VinceV" wrote:
> 
> > There could be two things getting in the way of your custom report, the 
> > reports dictionary and/or system permissions.
> > 
> > Are you sharing a common reports dictionary?  Check the  Dynamics.set file 
> > to determine which report dictionary the user is actually using.
> > 
> > Don't forget to set user permission in advance security to allow the user to 
> > use the custom version of the report.
> > 
> > VinceV
> > 
> > "colem" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello,
> > > I am using GP for the first time, and I just got into the report writer 
> > > about 30 minutes ago, so I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question.
> > > 
> > > We have a custom report.  There is a script in the Window_AfterActivate 
> > > event sets these options:
> > > 
> > >     Printer.Value = 0
> > >     Screen.Value = 1
> > >     File.Value = 1
> > >     FileName.Value = "c:\temp\test.txt"
> > >     FileFormat.Value = 1
> > >     IfFileExisting.Value = 1
> > > 
> > > This works on my machine, but it does not work on the user's machine.  Is 
> > > there some sort of runtime I need to install on her machine to make this work?
> > > 
0
VinceV (156)
3/19/2007 6:43:10 PM
Great info, thanks a lot!

How do packages fit into this equation?  Somebody here remember that they 
used to roll out reports with packages instead of copying the .dic files.

"VinceV" wrote:

> Reports are stored in a file named reports.dic, you'll need to either copy 
> that file to each workstation or place a copy of the file on a network share 
> and modify the reports line in the dynamics.set file to point at that share.
> 
> We use the latter approach for all systems except the system that reports 
> are developed on since bad things can happen when you try to change an open 
> reports file.  Report updates are copied out the the Share when no one is on 
> the system.
> 
> VinceV
> 
> "colem" wrote:
> 
> > VinceV,
> > Thanks a lot for your reply.
> > 
> > So I take it that specific reports aren't their own files.  If I customize a 
> > report, which files do I need to copy to make it work on the user's 
> > machine... or how can I find out which files I need to copy?
> > 
> > We have a common reports repository on our network drive that copies the 
> > some .dic files to the local machines on startup.  I am assuming that I need 
> > to place a file in that batch, but I'm not sure what file.
> > 
> > "VinceV" wrote:
> > 
> > > There could be two things getting in the way of your custom report, the 
> > > reports dictionary and/or system permissions.
> > > 
> > > Are you sharing a common reports dictionary?  Check the  Dynamics.set file 
> > > to determine which report dictionary the user is actually using.
> > > 
> > > Don't forget to set user permission in advance security to allow the user to 
> > > use the custom version of the report.
> > > 
> > > VinceV
> > > 
> > > "colem" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hello,
> > > > I am using GP for the first time, and I just got into the report writer 
> > > > about 30 minutes ago, so I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question.
> > > > 
> > > > We have a custom report.  There is a script in the Window_AfterActivate 
> > > > event sets these options:
> > > > 
> > > >     Printer.Value = 0
> > > >     Screen.Value = 1
> > > >     File.Value = 1
> > > >     FileName.Value = "c:\temp\test.txt"
> > > >     FileFormat.Value = 1
> > > >     IfFileExisting.Value = 1
> > > > 
> > > > This works on my machine, but it does not work on the user's machine.  Is 
> > > > there some sort of runtime I need to install on her machine to make this work?
> > > > 
0
colem (4)
3/19/2007 6:49:08 PM
Packages are exported custom reports, forms, etc.  Go to the Tools menu in 
GP, select Customize, then select Customization Maintenance.  You will now 
see the list of customized objects installed in your version of GP. 

You can either import or export custom reports, forms, etc from this screen.

Its been my experience that this works best when no one else has the 
dictionary you're importing into open (like the reports.dic).

VinceV

"colem" wrote:

> Great info, thanks a lot!
> 
> How do packages fit into this equation?  Somebody here remember that they 
> used to roll out reports with packages instead of copying the .dic files.
> 
> "VinceV" wrote:
> 
> > Reports are stored in a file named reports.dic, you'll need to either copy 
> > that file to each workstation or place a copy of the file on a network share 
> > and modify the reports line in the dynamics.set file to point at that share.
> > 
> > We use the latter approach for all systems except the system that reports 
> > are developed on since bad things can happen when you try to change an open 
> > reports file.  Report updates are copied out the the Share when no one is on 
> > the system.
> > 
> > VinceV
> > 
> > "colem" wrote:
> > 
> > > VinceV,
> > > Thanks a lot for your reply.
> > > 
> > > So I take it that specific reports aren't their own files.  If I customize a 
> > > report, which files do I need to copy to make it work on the user's 
> > > machine... or how can I find out which files I need to copy?
> > > 
> > > We have a common reports repository on our network drive that copies the 
> > > some .dic files to the local machines on startup.  I am assuming that I need 
> > > to place a file in that batch, but I'm not sure what file.
> > > 
> > > "VinceV" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > There could be two things getting in the way of your custom report, the 
> > > > reports dictionary and/or system permissions.
> > > > 
> > > > Are you sharing a common reports dictionary?  Check the  Dynamics.set file 
> > > > to determine which report dictionary the user is actually using.
> > > > 
> > > > Don't forget to set user permission in advance security to allow the user to 
> > > > use the custom version of the report.
> > > > 
> > > > VinceV
> > > > 
> > > > "colem" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hello,
> > > > > I am using GP for the first time, and I just got into the report writer 
> > > > > about 30 minutes ago, so I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question.
> > > > > 
> > > > > We have a custom report.  There is a script in the Window_AfterActivate 
> > > > > event sets these options:
> > > > > 
> > > > >     Printer.Value = 0
> > > > >     Screen.Value = 1
> > > > >     File.Value = 1
> > > > >     FileName.Value = "c:\temp\test.txt"
> > > > >     FileFormat.Value = 1
> > > > >     IfFileExisting.Value = 1
> > > > > 
> > > > > This works on my machine, but it does not work on the user's machine.  Is 
> > > > > there some sort of runtime I need to install on her machine to make this work?
> > > > > 
0
VinceV (156)
3/19/2007 10:50:18 PM
VinceV,
Thanks a lot for the info!  You are really helping me out here...

I am assuming that the report I am editing is a package, since I replaced my 
reports.dic with our standard file and this report was still different than 
everyone else's.

How can I tell what is required in a package for the report to run?  For 
example, I am including the report and a custom form, and when I try to 
install this package on other machines there is a generic Great Plains error 
message, which leads me to believe that either I am not getting all of the 
required components into the package, or there is some sort of add-on to GP 
that allows VBA scripts to be run.

"VinceV" wrote:

> Packages are exported custom reports, forms, etc.  Go to the Tools menu in 
> GP, select Customize, then select Customization Maintenance.  You will now 
> see the list of customized objects installed in your version of GP. 
> 
> You can either import or export custom reports, forms, etc from this screen.
> 
> Its been my experience that this works best when no one else has the 
> dictionary you're importing into open (like the reports.dic).
> 
> VinceV
> 
> "colem" wrote:
> 
> > Great info, thanks a lot!
> > 
> > How do packages fit into this equation?  Somebody here remember that they 
> > used to roll out reports with packages instead of copying the .dic files.
> > 
> > "VinceV" wrote:
> > 
> > > Reports are stored in a file named reports.dic, you'll need to either copy 
> > > that file to each workstation or place a copy of the file on a network share 
> > > and modify the reports line in the dynamics.set file to point at that share.
> > > 
> > > We use the latter approach for all systems except the system that reports 
> > > are developed on since bad things can happen when you try to change an open 
> > > reports file.  Report updates are copied out the the Share when no one is on 
> > > the system.
> > > 
> > > VinceV
> > > 
> > > "colem" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > VinceV,
> > > > Thanks a lot for your reply.
> > > > 
> > > > So I take it that specific reports aren't their own files.  If I customize a 
> > > > report, which files do I need to copy to make it work on the user's 
> > > > machine... or how can I find out which files I need to copy?
> > > > 
> > > > We have a common reports repository on our network drive that copies the 
> > > > some .dic files to the local machines on startup.  I am assuming that I need 
> > > > to place a file in that batch, but I'm not sure what file.
> > > > 
> > > > "VinceV" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > There could be two things getting in the way of your custom report, the 
> > > > > reports dictionary and/or system permissions.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Are you sharing a common reports dictionary?  Check the  Dynamics.set file 
> > > > > to determine which report dictionary the user is actually using.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Don't forget to set user permission in advance security to allow the user to 
> > > > > use the custom version of the report.
> > > > > 
> > > > > VinceV
> > > > > 
> > > > > "colem" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Hello,
> > > > > > I am using GP for the first time, and I just got into the report writer 
> > > > > > about 30 minutes ago, so I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > We have a custom report.  There is a script in the Window_AfterActivate 
> > > > > > event sets these options:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > >     Printer.Value = 0
> > > > > >     Screen.Value = 1
> > > > > >     File.Value = 1
> > > > > >     FileName.Value = "c:\temp\test.txt"
> > > > > >     FileFormat.Value = 1
> > > > > >     IfFileExisting.Value = 1
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > This works on my machine, but it does not work on the user's machine.  Is 
> > > > > > there some sort of runtime I need to install on her machine to make this work?
> > > > > > 
0
colem (4)
3/20/2007 12:20:00 PM
I wish I could give you a definitive answer.  Its my understanding that the 
reports.dic file holds all of the custom reports.   Like I said previously, 
we share a common reports.dic file with all of our GP users and have ensured 
that they have access to the custom reports with Advanced Security.

I haven't had the opportunity to modify forms yet.  There is a GP developers 
forum where you may be able to get a better answer. 

One other thought, there is a licensing requirement to use modified forms.  
You may have problems if you don't have that license installed.

VinceV

"colem" wrote:

> VinceV,
> Thanks a lot for the info!  You are really helping me out here...
> 
> I am assuming that the report I am editing is a package, since I replaced my 
> reports.dic with our standard file and this report was still different than 
> everyone else's.
> 
> How can I tell what is required in a package for the report to run?  For 
> example, I am including the report and a custom form, and when I try to 
> install this package on other machines there is a generic Great Plains error 
> message, which leads me to believe that either I am not getting all of the 
> required components into the package, or there is some sort of add-on to GP 
> that allows VBA scripts to be run.
> 

0
VinceV (156)
3/20/2007 3:48:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Reject script in pass through san script not working
I have a scenario that i had to check for dependencies of divisions(Human Resources) before their deletion and decide whether to let deletion proceed or not, i had done this for many entities like department(Dynamics) in my development dictionary, i registered a focus trigger before delete button of department form and checked dependencies for it on triggered script and allow or prevent deletion successfully. Now for division that is in the human resources dictionary i registered a cross-dictionary focus trigger to run before delete buttons change event as result = Trigger_RegisterFocus...

Click Excel custom menu item via MFC automation
Hi, I have a question regarding custom Excel 2003 menu item click via MFC automation. The VBA version of the action I want to do is pretty straightforward: Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("NumeriX").Controls("Object Tools").Controls("Delete All Objects").Execute Now I need to translate the above line to C++ code. I already have the automation classes for CCommandBars, CCommandBar0, CCommandBarControls, CCommandBarControl classes generated by VS.NET 2003 class wizard. The interesting thing is that the get_Item() method of CCommandBarControl...

viewing what each button of a custom toolbar does
Greetings -- I'm reverse engineering a database that I've inherited. There's a couple of custom toolbars, and they open various forms, basically acting as a rudimentary menu system. What I'm trying to do is view whatever action is assigned to each button. Have gone round and round with Tools, Customize, Toolbars, the command tab, etc. Am sure I'm overlooking something. Can anyone help me here? Thanks, Mark Hi Mark, click customize on the menu bar select the toolbar and the button right click the button and on the pop up menu select properties on the propertie...

Customizing Ticket
I am trying to add a calendar field into my ticket so that it can be scheduled from the ticket form. I find myself with two problems. 1.) How can I create a non-standard field and insert it into the ticket form, 2.) Is it possible to create a field within the ticket to schedule the ticket into the calendar? Thanks! Is ticket a custom entity or a rename of a default MSCRM entity? The only way to create a non-standard field is via SDK. "Nate" wrote: > I am trying to add a calendar field into my ticket so that it can be > scheduled from the ticket form. I find mysel...

user account control
i know that does not mean there isn't a pwd, just that there might not be. is there a good way to check? thanks Hello nlehrer, I can not really follow you. What are you trying to ask? UAC has nothing to do with passwords. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > i know that does not mean there isn't a pwd, just that there might > not > be. is the...

CRM Customization-Activities
Hi, How can we customize activities form so that we can give some points to each activity. For example for an appointment 2 points, for another appointment 3 points. Any idea? Form customization or other solution? Thanks Selcuk Kumbasar Sounds like your trying to say the more activies the more valuable the opportunity is? Is this something you would just want to view in a report? ie a list of open opportunities and the points or rankings? "Sel�uk Kumbasar" <kumbasar@caretta.net> wrote in message news:ODpgVJoPEHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How can w...

Sort Column Script
I need to have a script in Excel that would allow the sorting of columns from column "D" to the column before the last column with data. I do not want the last column sorted. The criteria for the sort is in row 1 (Name of an employee). Additional columns will be inserted between column "D" and the last column so they need to be sorted. I hope this is clear. Can someone please assist me? Thank you! Bernie Bernie How can someone named Bernie NOT know how to do this? ;-) Sub BernieSort() Range(Range(Range("D1"), Range("D1").End(xlDown)), _ ...

Run workflow using javascript ?
Is it possible to start a workflow rule using onchange script ? I want a rule to fill out zip code, country, city from a new entity when a lookup zipcode field is changed. It is working now as a test if status is changed, but that is status of the account and not the field. Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 14181 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. Hi Jack, If you can ...

Customize Current View reverts back to default
I just upgraded from OL 2003 to 2007. So far, so good, except that I cannot get any of my windows (email, contacts, etc) to keep the custom view I create. I created custom views on several folders, but when I leave and come back, they revert back to the default. I have tried taking the customization off and re-doing it, to no avail. Reset Current View doesn't seem to be an option, as it is grayed out (?). A Any thoughts? have you tried opening outlook with the cleanviews switch? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yours...

Customer event
Hello all, I want to implement MS CRM for our small service oragnization. Before that I have a question. Is it possible for our customers to create a service event or case themself and then watch for a state of this event? Thank Ales Baranek Yes, you can do that in custom appilcation, I have done customer web portal for such things. if you are interested write me an email on mscrmexpert@gmail.com -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ales Baranek" wrote: >...

How to disponibilize only autentication for users in AD without beeing in the domain?
Hello, Somebody knows a way to disponibilize only autentication for users in AD without beeing in the domain? We have a domain (domain.int for example) with several server in windows 2003 arquitecture with hundreads acounts in the AD-LDAP witch we use for exchange and various others services. We have some others servers outside our core with diferents domains (other.one, other.two etc...) for those we want to give acess to their accounts located in our domain.int. What we want is to permit a user (user1@domain.int) in the domain other.one to only authenticate in our domain (d...

Script error found during opening Dynamics
I just upgrade to the latest Canada Payroll tax update, when one of the user who sign on to Dynamics after upgrade, she got the "Internet Explorer Script Error" window pop up and saying "An error has occurred in the script on this page" Line: 335 Char: 6 Error: The data is invalid Code: 0 URL: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/UserA/Local%20Settings/Temp/tmpAD1.tmp I tried to clear all the temp file in this folder but still no luck to get rid of this message during loading Dynamics. I asked the user to click on "Yes" button to continue "D...

User access to Service Calendar
Hi there, I would like to know if it's possible to give access to all users to see the organisation's service calendar. thanx give the user Organization level privelege in Read permission of the Calendar "Lebo" <Lebo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4E90C00-CF3F-43C8-9D05-C095C98F8052@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I would like to know if it's possible to give access to all users to see > the > organisation's service calendar. > > thanx ...

Can you create custom activities? MSCRM 3.0
Hi, Is there a way to create a new custom activity instead of customising an existing one? I have created a custom entity called 'Chat' utilising an IFRAME. All works well but this entity really should be an activity considering it's properties. In fact I've just been introduced to MS-CRM 3.0 and don't really understand what the difference is between an entity and activity. Would anyone shed the light for me? BTW, I think 3.0 looks great. Gotta admit it's improved. Cheers. Ty In my experience, you cannot create custom activities. In fact, I have been dire...

error in report only when run as a subreport
I have two reports that are identical except for the underlying query. the reports show mvoement information but each report shows a different direction. I put each of these directional reports in a third report to display the directions side by side. When run individually the directional reports execute fine. When run as subreports I get divide by zero errors in a section footer of the subreports. The error does not occur when run as a stand-alone report. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

auto run macro
can someone give me the logic for a macro to automatically run when a workbook is open. I just want the workbook to do a calculation every second. Look in vba HELP index for ONTIME. Then place in the auto_open or workbook_open events in the ThisWorkbook module -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Aaron Russell" <arussell@faultlesscaster.com> wrote in message news:uuJOEiDkEHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > can someone give me the logic for a macro to automatically run when a > workbook is open. I just want the workbook to do a calculation every > se...

VBA script help..Please !!!!
I have been given the script below by Ron De Bruin - and I can't thank him enough, however I'm still scratching my head as it doesn't EXACTLY what I want. I want ALL the built in command bars/toolbars etc that are shown in a normal excel sheet to be hidden when I open my 'Log' - EXCEPT my own personal toolbar named 'LOG' and the 'Worksheet Menu Bar'. 2 problems arise from the script below :- 1) The Worksheet Menu Bar is displayed, but my 'LOG' toolbar is not. 2) If I open another seperate excel sheet, all the same commands have been copied to...

Split shares don't show up in report
I recently installed Money 2005 Standard and have entered details about stocks and later recorded that they were split. For eg. intially I had entered purchase of 1 share for $10 and then recorded the split at 1:1. The account register still shows number of shares as 1 and price as $10s. The account summary also shows that I have just 1 share and not 2. Any help? Same answer to same question. "TomDick" <TomDick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2FC2358-A296-4A97-AB78-C02665A0BC37@microsoft.com... >I recently installed Money 2005 Standard and have ent...

Gift Certificate not appearing on reports
Last year we created 300 Gift Certificates. We have slowly been selling them. This week when we went to sell another one, at the end of the day the sale of this GC did not appear on the X or Z report and the quantity went negative. We still have 33 left to sell and I see them as Available in SOM. Any suggestions on how to correct this and to get the sale of a GC to reappear on the X and Z reports? ...

OWA in 2K
I have a very strange problem. A single user cannot log into OWA. Every time he tries he gets "HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized". I have checked all the permissions, he can get to his mail through an outlook client, he get get into the public folder through OWA (my public folder requires user and pass, so this confirms that his user and pass are working). I do not believe this is actually a security issue, I attempted to access the user's mailbox with http//server/exchange/user and put my own user and pass in (after giving myself permissions to access this user's mailbox). I still...

Order Name J Script
Hi I want to automatically populate the order name to customer name + date. This is the script I have but it shows the dayand time etc. I want to format the date such that it is dd-mm-yy format. How do i go about this please? var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.customerid.DataValue; var d = new Date(); if (lookupItem[0] != null) { crmForm.all.name.DataValue = lookupItem[0].name +" : " + d; } You might want to take a look at the snippets below to munipulate datetimes. http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/932 Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.cro...

AR aging by customer address
Have an immediate to need to create an AR aging report outside of GP using SSRS. Need to be able to report aging based on Customer and Address not just by customer. This includes receivables as well. What exactly are you looking for? Did you have a question? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Which version of GP are you using? Which SQL server version are you using ? Jivtesh Dynamics Blog : http://www.jivtesh.com/ On Nov 23, 9:54 pm, TMack <TM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have an immediate to need to create an AR aging report o...

Control Source for text box on a report
I have a table with only 2 fields. One is the name of Department and the other is the total number of positions in that department. On my report I have a label for every department. Next to that label I have a text box that counts every record on my report for each department. Next to that I want to add another text box that contains the corresponding number in the table for that department. How can I easily do this? Thank You, CEV I forgot to mention that I would also like to add yet another text box that adds the total of all the other text boxes that contain the total number of ...

Script running other scripts return values
hello I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on them, Can't I have one script that runs all of them? I would want to check a returned variable to is one script has a failure, the later one won't get executed. Can't I just use the .Run method? How do I return a value from one script, and read it in the other script? Thanks "Bill" <someplace@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:e72gZtg7KHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hello > > I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on...

Error in customer Discount Calculation
In my installations of RMS, my customer accounts are setup with 5% discount on the standard price level. What appears to be happening is that the amount being applied to the bill as the $ discount amount is not 5.00%. Sometimes it is either 4.98%, 4.93%, 4.87% being calculated. Can anyone else confrim this? Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks Don This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C92EF5.8D5430E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Don, Check your price settings in Manag...