Scrap Sales/Debit Notes

I whant sell the scrap item in GP.   It like normal sale. or do it in
differnt way.
any one know tell me.

Just do an inventory decrease adjustment and make sure to book to the Scrap
GL account (or which ever account you are expensing it to.)
--
--JIM--

"ssivakumars2" wrote:

> I whant sell the scrap item in GP.   It like normal sale. or do it in
> differnt way.
> any one know tell me.

0
JimL3670 (35)
3/10/2008 9:11:02 PM
A sale of the scrap item....I assume you have an item setup for this and
anything scrapped is transferred to this item or you are generating
quantities by using a negative amount in the BOM for production.....then,
yes, it is a normal sale transaction.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"ssivakumars2" wrote:

> I whant sell the scrap item in GP.   It like normal sale. or do it in
> differnt way.
> any one know tell me.

0
info4071 (3004)
3/12/2008 2:10:00 AM
Sorry, I mis-read the question.

I agree with Rich.

--
--JIM--

"Richard Whaley -- MVP" wrote:

> A sale of the scrap item....I assume you have an item setup for this and
> anything scrapped is transferred to this item or you are generating
> quantities by using a negative amount in the BOM for production.....then,
> yes, it is a normal sale transaction.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "ssivakumars2" wrote:
>
> > I whant sell the scrap item in GP.   It like normal sale. or do it in
> > differnt way.
> > any one know tell me.

0
JimL3670 (35)

Scrap Sales/Debit Notes
I whant sell the scrap item in GP. It like normal sale. or do it in differnt way. any one know tell me. Just do an inventory decrease adjustment and make sure to book to the Scrap GL account (or which ever account you are expensing it to.) -- --JIM-- "ssivakumars2" wrote: > I whant sell the scrap item in GP. It like normal sale. or do it in > differnt way. > any one know tell me. > A sale of the scrap item....I assume you have an item setup for this and anything scrapped is transferred to this item or you are generating quantities by using a negative amount ...

BUG REPORT: Detailed Sales Report Calculations
On my Detailed Sales reports, when showing the columns: Qty Sold, Sold Price, Total Sales, Cost and Profit; the Cost & Profit columns do not calculate properly. It appears that the Cost and Profit columns are not Extended by Qty Sold, resulting in inaccuracies wherever Qty Sold <>1. This applies to both returns (negative Qty Sold) and sales where Qty Sold is 2 or more. Total Sales does calculate properly (Qty Sold * Sold Price). The end result is a report that has practically no value other than showing Total Sales. Yes, the Department Cost/Sales report does provide an accu...

Time & Sales
I receive real-time data (stocks) through DDE link to Excel. I would like to collect this data in an updating table; putting the most recent data in the first row, moving all previous data down by one row. Can anyone suggest the VB code necessary to make this work. Thanks ...

Manufacturing Scrap Transactions
Version 10, seems to be an issue with the Scrap Transaction Type of the component transaction entry window. 1. Picklist calls for 6 of component XYZ 2. Component Transaction entry is used to kit the 6 components 3. Later the 6 issued are scrapped using the Scrap transaction type 4. Picklist is increased by 6 and 6 more are issued to the MO 5. Now I want to Scrap the 2nd 6, and when I go to the Scrap transaction type, there is none available in WIP to Scrap. 6 The information button for that component shows 12 issued, 6 scrapped but there is none to scrap now... Is this...

Help with a sales process hold query
I'm trying to construct a query to show all sales orders that do not have a process hold assigned. I'm using info from SOP10100 and SOP10104. The problem I'm having is that each order could have several different types of holds assigned over time. Each of those appears as a different row in SOP10104 and each hold has a 0 in the DELETE1 field if it is still active, or a 1 in that field if it has been removed. How can I filter out orders that have any active hold assigned to them? Thanks in advance. -- Jim@TurboChef You can do this more efficiently but this is one way to...

Sales/Invoice in Receivables Transaction Entry vs Sales Transaction Entry
Seems confusing to me that there are two places to enter Sales Invoices. What=92s the difference? Thanks JDM Jimmy, The difference is simple. SOP is integrated with Inventory while Receivables Transaction Entry is not. In SOP TRX entry, you have advanced options in terms of booking sales by items, Sales Fulfillment and so on. Receivables TRX entry is mostly used for services or miscellaneous invoices. Here is also the place where you can adjust the debtor balances through raising a credit/debit memo, finance charge and so on. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Micros...

How to issue a credit note in RMS
Hi, A customer walked into my store today to buy a gift card. I had none on hand. How do I take his money and issue a credit note to him until the cards come in? Regards Dan Levin Hi Dan - if you don't have any, go to officemax or office depot and buy some paper gift certificates. Set up a voucher item and "gift certificate" tender (type = voucher) to handle this until your gift cards come in. Search the help guide for "voucher" for step by step instructions on setting this up. Hope this helps..... "dan" wrote: > Hi, > A customer walked ...

Sales Targets
Hi All, In CRM 4.0 do we have to create our sales team again or can we associate quotas with them. I have seen that you will have to create the user again. Is this so? ...

subtract sales costs from sales totals
I have a 12 month sales forecast and need to subtract costs per unit/per month ...

Looking Buy used scrap rails
Looking Buy used scrap rails http://buy-sell-old-ship-iron-scrap-minerals.blogspot.com ...

Anyone know of any Outlook to Lotus Notes Migration tools??
We are considering switching from Notes R5 and R6 to MS Outlook. Does anyone know of any tools that would be helpful in migrating to Outlook? Thanks, John ...

Sales Batch stuck, can't remove...
I've got a client on GP 6.5(ish) and the've got a Sales batch that won't go away. They had one person posting it and one person editing at the same time (way before I cam on board) and now it won't go away. They've tried posting it several times, and it posts, but then shows up again as if it hasn't been posted. I've tried digging into the SQL backend to just delete the thing, but trying to find the Flag that says wether somethings been posted or \not is the perverbial needle in a haystack. I'd appreciate any help anyone can shed on finding data in the...

How to create a customer note
I have receive a bad check from a customer and they have not responded to my statements or certified letters. Is there a way I can notify the cashier that a customer has an outstanding balance or just display some kind of note upon selection of this specific customer? I tried to make an adjustment to the customer's Account Information to reflect the balance due, but it didn't make a difference. Basically, I want to be notified of this outstanding balance if he tries to make another purchase. Any suggestions? I am not certain of how you accept check from customers, weather you...

Sales process 07-31-07
I get an error message when I apply a rule to an opportunity under sales process just a big red X stating error not much to go on. Any help would be appreciated. Is the sales process activated within Workflow Manager? Check the event lapplication log to see if there is any errors there! -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Mattpan" wrote: > I get an error message when I apply a rule to an opportunity under sales > process > just a big red X stating error not much to go on. > Any help would be appreciated. > Yes it is from workflow manager. I wil...

Merging sales data .bck file with current sales data??
In a post below ("Sales Data .bck file.....") Jeff @ Checkpoint Software responded that there WAS a way to merge the older sales history in a saved ..bck file with the recent sales data currently in RMS. I am working with an RMS tech (not the one who was invovled in the lost data problem) and he does not believe there's a way to merge the data. If there IS, I would really appreciate some guidance. Briefly..... We currently only have a few weeks of sales data in our RMS data base on our server, have definitely lost the 3 months prior to that BUT think we have a saved .bc...

Audit Report
I appreciate if you could check any audit report that could shows who had deleted the activities and note on the CRM cases. ...

Quick Campaign Notes do not list in the contact directly
Hi, I have no glue if I do make something wrong or this is by design: When I make notes to a contact within a quickcampaign this note is not in the history and it is also not in the main notes of the contact. IMHO notes to a contact of anything should be found in the main notes, no matter where the come from. (Is there a filter or something I could change - if it is that way) best regards Antonio ...

Workflow
To start with, I didn't have access to the Workflow manager and was doing all my customizations using client side scripting. I set up the sales stages using a picklist with the salesstagecode schema. I now want to do these using the Workflow manager, and have the user manually advance the sales stage (as they would if they were selecting the option from the picklist). I'm so hopelessly lost with working out the workflow manager. Ideally, I'd love the user to be able to change the sales stage in the picklist, and have that change the sales stage in the sales process. Do I have ...

Track Sales Weekly, Monthly and Annually with this Powerful Tool 25302
--boundarynDqNAw== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable N?%?>?/Mvdhq@YWcrRf@k(/h+ --boundarynDqNAw== Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD></HEAD> <BODY contentEditable=3Dtrue> <P>&nbsp; (RST) Retail Sales Tracker Spreadsheet is a reliable and feature-= packed excel spreadsheet designed to help your business easily manage custo= mer sales. Streamline your business processes with this flexible and powerf= ul sprea...

Sales Order Processing Comments
Hi, i am newbie here in Great Plains, i want to ask about sales order processing comments, what it's means about and where i can fill about sales order processing comments. I need it because it's must be filled for integration order with CRM. Thx before ^_^ ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

Document Scraps
I am new to Office for Mac. In using MS Word, I was able to create document scraps by selecting text/images and dragging them off of the document. Is this still possible with Word for MAC? In article <84188f13-f325-43ed-853e-e525a4b0728e@d50g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, trenchdog <res0@tlglss.com> wrote: > I am new to Office for Mac. In using MS Word, I was able to create > document scraps by selecting text/images and dragging them off of the > document. Is this still possible with Word for MAC? Yes, when you drag a selection from a document to the desktop, a clipp...

Locationwise Sales and Stock in a Single Report at HQ
Hi to all the groupmates Is it possible to have a report from HQ wherein for the sales , the date range validation is given (From date and to date) and only the total sales of an item per location is displayed seperately. Along with this the current stock of the item of the location also to be displayed. hi RK, it is already availble, you can go to HQ> Reports> then click on the Sales and click the Sales Detail Report put the the date range. then from the column selector select the On Hand column which will show you the onhand current qty of particular item. I hope this satisfy y...

stock sale #2
I own stock in the company I work for. I plan to retire this year and sell my stock to the company. I am using MS money " Liferime Planner" to analyze my future worth. I want to list the value of my stock in "investments". The value of this stock will not increase after I sell it therefore expected returns does not apply. I need to put the value in an investment that will not have a return. I want to keep track of payments I receive from the company for the stock in "other income". I will not receive interest on the unpaid balance owed to me on the stock sale...

Sales Reports
My departments quota period runs from the 16th to the 15th. How can I manipulate the date ranges in Excel to produce accurate reports? Without knowing how you want to present the information, it's difficult to suggest how to manipulate it, or even understand the need to manipulate anything. If you're trying to get the period from the 16th of this month through the 15th of the next to be treated as the same month, an easy out would be to simply subtract 15 from the date. (Dates in Excel are just formatted numbers, with the integer portion representing the date and the fractio...