Scrap internal damage inventory using RMA?

Currently using MS GP 10 with the RMA add on module.

Using the RMA system I am able to easily access information on write-
off's (i.e. item number, qty, amount, reason code).  However, we also
have internal inventory adjustments for items damaged internally,
received damaged from a vendor, etc.  We have been creating inventory
adjustments to write these to the damage account.  However these
adjustments are outstide of the RMA reporting structure and there is
no easy way to drill down to the item and reason for the write off.

Is there any quick way to scrap items that are not customer related in
the RMA system.  This would allow me to get the items and the reasons
on my reports.

thoughts?

Thanks!
0
mrs_fred (1)

Internal SMTP server mail won't deliver to internal exchange serve
We have an internal IIS SMTP server that sends out large amounts of email as an application. Some of the recipients are internal and their mail stays queued up. Our internal dns zone is company.local, but the external MX record is company.com. Do I need to create a company.com internal zone and then an A record and MX record to make the internal mail route correctly? We don't have internet mail setup only smtp virtual server and no smarthosts either. Creating the internal company.com zone should work. Alternatively, in IIS - Default SMTP Virtual Server | Domains, create a new d...

I'd like to send a spreadsheet via mail using Lotus Notes (using .
Hope someone can help, Seems Microsoft only allows mails to be sent via Outlook... that can't be right?!?!? Anyone had any luck setting Excel up to work with Lotus Notes, so that its possible to send spreadsheets as e-mail body text using to menu command 'send to mail recipient'? Eagerly awaiting your comments. Kind regards, Paul hi, I am not sure if this will address your problem. i have gotten info form this site. it might help you. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm :) >-----Original Message----- >Hope someone can help, > >Seems Microsoft only allows mails ...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

how to force a .net application to use .net 2.0 ?
how to force a .net application to use .net 2.0 ? this windows service is about 4 years old and im pretty sure is using .net 1.x runtime. Is there soem setting in the installer that says to use .net 2.0 instead of .net 1.0? this windows service is developed in visual studio 2002 Hi. As far as I know, the exe-files compiled to .net 1.x will always be tied to that 1.x runtime. Making the service run in 2.0 can be done, but why would you want to? One way to do it would be to make a new service that depends on the former exe-file and just simply uses the methods and such in that file as ...

Non Inventory Item
Hi Does anyone know if theres a way of stopping the receipt of a Non Inventory item? Regards Martin Just curious Martin, if it's on a PO why would you not want to receive it? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Hi Frank We have had a couple of instances where a user thinks he has typed in an inventory item into a PO, when actually it was just free text. The result was that the PInv was correctly matched, but the item isnt showing on stock. Regards Martin "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote: > Just curious Martin, if it's on a P...

SendMessage function used to update combobox list
hello, I want to update the list of ComboBox control depending on the user values in the edit box.I need to use SendMessage() function to add string in the list with the type of message being CB_ADDSTRING(which is 2nd parameter in the function).The first is handle to the control/dialog where i want to insert the string.Can somebody please tell me how do i get handle to the combobox control? help.... "sayu" <sayu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEEC1C1E-3594-42A5-BA99-AEA7459E244E@microsoft.com... > hello, > I want to update the list ...

Does anyone use ArcServe 11.5 for Restoring
We have a problem when restoring a the exchange database with Arcserve 11.5. This works the first time 26 hours after the backup. Any idea? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Restoring exchange database" <Restoringexchangedatabase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD4AC97D-782E-4CCB-9962-95F8B089F2D6@microsoft.com... > We have a problem when restoring a the exchange database with Arcserve > 11.5. > This works the first time 26 hours after the backup. ...

create an internal forum
I have been tasked with creating an internal discussion forum on an Exchange 2003 server. I am new to this and would appreciate any advice or tips that can be shared. I have been searching the internet for days and cannot figure this out. thanks in advance How fancy do you want to make it? You could just use a public folder and train users to sort messages by 'conversation'. Or you could create the public folder and build a web app with .net, or use sharepoint portal. "jason" wrote: > I have been tasked with creating an internal discussion forum on an Exchange &g...

Scrap Sales/Debit Notes
I whant sell the scrap item in GP. It like normal sale. or do it in differnt way. any one know tell me. Just do an inventory decrease adjustment and make sure to book to the Scrap GL account (or which ever account you are expensing it to.) -- --JIM-- "ssivakumars2" wrote: > I whant sell the scrap item in GP. It like normal sale. or do it in > differnt way. > any one know tell me. > A sale of the scrap item....I assume you have an item setup for this and anything scrapped is transferred to this item or you are generating quantities by using a negative amount ...

Outlook.exe doesn't terminate after using Send To-->Mail Recipient
Running XP (SP2) with Outlook 2003 (SP2). After right clicking on a file and using the Send To --> Mail Recipient, Outlook.exe still shows running in the task manager. In the mean time, until I actually kill the Outlook.exe process, I can't use the Send To-->Mail Recipient again. Any ideas on a fix? bcalley@gmail.com <bcalley@gmail.com> wrote: > Running XP (SP2) with Outlook 2003 (SP2). After right clicking on a > file and using the Send To --> Mail Recipient, Outlook.exe still shows > running in the task manager. > > In the mean time, until I actually...

Exception while exporting data from .net to excel 2003 using sqlse
Hai Application : C#.Net, Windows application BackEnd : SqlServer2000 Excel : Ms-Excel 2003 We have a situation where our data is not exporting from C# windows application to Ms-Excel 2003.we have found that our application cannot load data into excel more than 911 characters in a cell,If i add 1 character more to this group of 911 characters,then i receive this "Exception from HRESULT:0x800A03EC" exception message.so please tell me do u can help me out with any solution,or any patches of microsoft will help us. ...

Home Inventory #3
I can't find my home inventory that I created in Money 2002 and upgraded to 2007 Deluxe. Is this feature gone? Is furniture no longer and asset? In microsoft.public.money, Reiner Schmidt wrote: >I can't find my home inventory that I created in Money 2002 and upgraded to >2007 Deluxe. Is this feature gone? Is furniture no longer and asset? Configure the HomeInventory into your home page if it is not currently there with CustomizeContentOrLayout. Then click GoToMyHomeInventory. GoToMyHomeInventoryImages OrganizeImporantRecords etc ...

Using XMLSerializer With internal classes
I have a C# class that is declared as internal. I do not want it to be visible outside of the library of code that I am implementing. However, I do want to be able to serialize it to XML under certain circumstances. The class only contains public properties, however, when I attempt to serialize it with the XMLSerializer, I gat an InvalidOperationException. If I simply change the protection level of the class to public, everything works fine, except the class become accessible to classes outside the namespace. Is there any way to allow XMLSerializer to work with internal classes? L. Bushki...

Using MATCH and INDEX to extract unique values
Some time ago, someone on this list posted a array function using MATCH and INDEX to extract unique values. I used the formula to great effect, but now I can't find the spreadsheet I used it in, and I need to recreate the formula. I also haven't been able to turn it up using google search. Can anyone here point me to the correct formula again? Thanks. You can download an example here, it's the third formula http://nwexcelsolutions.com/Download/Sort_alphabetical_and_then_extract_unique_records.xls Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jg70124" wrote: > Some time ago, so...

MSM05
I've just installed Money 2005 Small Business, and am entering transactions for fiscal 2004. I need to enter inventory at the beginning of 2004, but it seems Money wants to assign today's date to any New Inventory Product, so the inventory shows up in 2005 instead. Am I missing something? I guess you could set the computer date to be 2004, but copy your .mny file first just in case it all goes wrong and don't do anything else on your PC whilst you are in a timewarp! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...

Can Outlook.Application be used to control open message windows?
Hi We have a VFP 8 CRM application which - amongst other things - stores links for any client to any document relating to them on our file server. When you go into a client record you can see instantly if there are any documents on file relating to them and it is straight forward to add a new file to a record if we received something via email for instance. The physical location of the file is not too important to our users as they simply double click any file they want to view and the file is executed in the shell object to open it's associated viewer. The problem I am currently trying...

Importing Excel and Word using automation
The last time I tried this I got very frustrated. I think I'll probably need to buy a book or something. Can someone recommend such a resource, or any other suitable resource for that matter? Before you go out and buy a book, try reading the Automation documentation that Microsoft provides with their Office applications. The documentation file names vary, depending on the version of Office, but for instance, my Office 2003 documentation is in files named the following (obviously, the root path varies depending on where you installed): E:\Office\OFFICE11\1033\VBAXL10.CHM E:\Office\OFF...

receiving email using outlook 2002
I have set up two email accounts using outlook 2002. I can send from either account by using the account drop down that shows with a new message I'm writing. But I can only receive from one. I can't figure it out. swheeler@lbcc.edu <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up two email accounts using outlook 2002. I > can send from either account by using the account drop > down that shows with a new message I'm writing. But I can > only receive from one. I can't figure it out. Check Tools>Send/Receive>Send/Receive Settings>D...

Missing Inventory Transactions
We recently discovered that all of our historical inventory transactions prior to a certain date are gone. I am fairly certain that we did not use the "remove transaction history" utility. 2 questions: 1. Is there any other way this history could be lost besides using the utility? 2. Is it possible, using a backup file, to restore this history? Thanks for any and all help. Loading from a backup file can be tricky. You would have to create a test company and restore your backup to that test company. Then open the history tables and delete all of the information currently in...

set-location

Transfer Inventory Out Report
We are transfering out inventory to another store. We are not using HQ, so we are not doing the transfer through RMS and HQ. We would like to know how to modify the Inventory Issued Report or the Inventory Transfer Order report. We need the header with the name of the company we transferred out inventory to, date of transfer, item code, desciription, qty transferred, unit cost, extended cost (for each item). The problem is, this information is available, but only if you print both reports. Is there a way to get this information on one report? Using RMS ver. 2.0. ...

Keeping track of useful macros
Being new to visual basic; what is the best way to keep track of useful macros one may want to reuse later on? Any way to organize them in VBE? Best way I know of is to get hold of code librarian that comes with Excel 2000 Developers edition. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "malvis" <malvis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BD924B1-7CF2-4D63-8FC3-4DF7CB236510@microsoft.com... > Being new to visual basic; what is the best way to keep track of useful > macros one may want to reuse later on? Any way to organize them...

using BufferReader together wiith StreamReader
Hi! When I want to write something to a file I can use a FileStream as the low level stream that is refering to the file. From the application side I use a StreamWriter that is encapsulating the BufferedStream. The BufferedStream is encapsulating the FileStream that is refering to the file. So to be able to eventually increase the performance I could use a BufferedStream as in this example shows that is buffering the data before it is written to the actual file. So the data is not written to the file until you either Close/Flush/dispose then the data is moved from the Buffer...

Inventory Type from Service to Sales Inventory.
Hi I need to change Number of item bearing item type as Service into Sales Inventory, Kindly let me know if any one have some solution. Regards, ...

OWA 2003 Log Off Button gives HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error message. Everything else seems to be working fine. There's a KB about this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97769784-4AA2-4445-A0AA-86E0581681A1@microsoft.com... > When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error > message. > Everything else seems to be working fine. Ed, I did a search in the Knowledge Base and found nothing!!!! Help! Warren ...