Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager

Hi,

Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
for this in Dynamics GP.

They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
Bryan
--
Bryan Hipolito
0

There used to be a free utility offered by Microsoft called AutoDim.
Not sure if that is still available.

On Aug 25, 3:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
> integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
> so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
> for this in Dynamics GP.
>
> They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
> However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
> create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
> of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
> updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.
>
> Any suggestions would be great.
>
> Thanks!
> Bryan
> --
> Bryan Hipolito

0
rutvijrshah (142)
8/25/2007 7:12:53 PM
AutoDim retails for $500.  It comes with some basic documentation.  There are
more details on its use in our Confessions of a Dynamics GP Consultant.

It is an excellent utility and allows users to schedule regular and
recurring integrations.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"VJ" wrote:

> There used to be a free utility offered by Microsoft called AutoDim.
> Not sure if that is still available.
>
> On Aug 25, 3:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
> > integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
> > so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
> > for this in Dynamics GP.
> >
> > They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
> > However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
> > create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
> > of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
> > updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be great.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Bryan
> > --
> > Bryan Hipolito

0
info4071 (3004)
8/26/2007 1:10:04 AM
Bryan,

For the do it yourselfer, there are pretty detailed instructions in
the IM manual. Look for command line integration. The basic process is
a command line execution of IM. In the command line you tell it which
integration or group to run. I've always built the command line info
into a batch file and  used windows scheduler to fire off the batch
file. The problem is that GP doesn't close automatically when it's
done. Your options for closing GP afterwards are pretty limited but
include the previously mention AutoDim, a script file or some other
macro language option. A GP macro WILL NOT close GP.

This comes up enough that I'm thinking of adding step by step
instructions to DynamicAccounting.net but it may be a week or two
before I get to it. I do have a VBScript file for closing GP but it
only works in XP, not in Vista. If  you or your IT dept are familiar
with AutoIT it can create an executable that will close GP. If you
want the VB Script let me know and I'll post it here. It's pretty
short.

Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)

On Aug 25, 4:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
> integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
> so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
> for this in Dynamics GP.
>
> They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
> However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
> create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
> of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
> updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.
>
> Any suggestions would be great.
>
> Thanks!
> Bryan
> --
> Bryan Hipolito

0
mpolino (496)
8/26/2007 1:28:56 PM
Mark,

Are you going to put the VB script on your web site?

Leslie

"Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:

> Bryan,
>
> For the do it yourselfer, there are pretty detailed instructions in
> the IM manual. Look for command line integration. The basic process is
> a command line execution of IM. In the command line you tell it which
> integration or group to run. I've always built the command line info
> into a batch file and  used windows scheduler to fire off the batch
> file. The problem is that GP doesn't close automatically when it's
> done. Your options for closing GP afterwards are pretty limited but
> include the previously mention AutoDim, a script file or some other
> macro language option. A GP macro WILL NOT close GP.
>
> This comes up enough that I'm thinking of adding step by step
> instructions to DynamicAccounting.net but it may be a week or two
> before I get to it. I do have a VBScript file for closing GP but it
> only works in XP, not in Vista. If  you or your IT dept are familiar
> with AutoIT it can create an executable that will close GP. If you
> want the VB Script let me know and I'll post it here. It's pretty
> short.
>
> Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
>

> On Aug 25, 4:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
> > integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
> > so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
> > for this in Dynamics GP.
> >
> > They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
> > However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
> > create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
> > of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
> > updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be great.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Bryan
> > --
> > Bryan Hipolito

0
LeslieVail (702)
8/27/2007 3:04:01 PM
I'll put it up on the website once I get a minute but here's the
code.

Dim wshshell
set wshshell=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
WshShell.AppActivate "Microsoft Dynamics GP"
wscript.sleep(3000)
wshshell.sendkeys("%{F4}")

The first two lines initiate the VBScript shell
Line 3 makes sure GP is the active window
Line 4 waits for 3 seconds to make sure GP is up
and line 5 sends ALT+F4 which is the close window command.

A couple of caveates:
1) This may not work in Vista. In fact, probably will not. Vista
doesn't recognize the AppActivate command the way XP did.
2) If you have a slow PC, increase line 4 from 3 seconds (3000
milliseconds) to something longer
3) If you use this as a standalone file make sure to use a .vbs
extension.

There are two possible ways to use this.
1) Embed it in IM. I think it goes in the After Integration section
but I also remember some oddity in using it there. Someone will have
to try it, I'm tied up.
2) Schedule this to run separately after you know your integration is
done. So if your integration never runs longer than 10 minutes,
schedule this with windows scheduler to run 20 minutes after your
integration starts.

Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)

On Aug 27, 11:04 am, Leslie Vail
<LeslieV...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Are you going to put the VB script on your web site?
>
> Leslie
>
> "Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:
> > Bryan,
>
> > For the do it yourselfer, there are pretty detailed instructions in
> > the IM manual. Look for command line integration. The basic process is
> > a command line execution of IM. In the command line you tell it which
> > integration or group to run. I've always built the command line info
> > into a batch file and  used windows scheduler to fire off the batch
> > file. The problem is that GP doesn't close automatically when it's
> > done. Your options for closing GP afterwards are pretty limited but
> > include the previously mention AutoDim, a script file or some other
> > macro language option. A GP macro WILL NOT close GP.
>
> > This comes up enough that I'm thinking of adding step by step
> > instructions to DynamicAccounting.net but it may be a week or two
> > before I get to it. I do have a VBScript file for closing GP but it
> > only works in XP, not in Vista. If  you or your IT dept are familiar
> > with AutoIT it can create an executable that will close GP. If you
> > want the VB Script let me know and I'll post it here. It's pretty
> > short.
>
> > Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
>
> > On Aug 25, 4:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
> > > integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
> > > so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
> > > for this in Dynamics GP.
>
> > > They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
> > > However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
> > > create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
> > > of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
> > > updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.
>
> > > Any suggestions would be great.
>
> > > Thanks!
> > > Bryan
> > > --
> > > Bryan Hipolito

0
mpolino (496)
8/27/2007 5:22:03 PM
OK, the code WON'T work inside of integration manager. It won't run
inside the after integration location but I've run into issues here
before. It should run in the after query section (I can get parts of
the code to run) but it won't close GP. So the code will work in a
standalone VBS file but you have to schedule to run after the
integration finishes. Not ideal, I know. I'm working on another
alternative but after spending an hour with it tonight I have some
work I need to do. Work as in they pay me.

Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)

On Aug 27, 1:22 pm, "Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)"
<mpol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll put it up on the website once I get a minute but here's the
> code.
>
> Dim wshshell
> set wshshell=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
> WshShell.AppActivate "Microsoft Dynamics GP"
> wscript.sleep(3000)
> wshshell.sendkeys("%{F4}")
>
> The first two lines initiate the VBScript shell
> Line 3 makes sure GP is the active window
> Line 4 waits for 3 seconds to make sure GP is up
> and line 5 sends ALT+F4 which is the close window command.
>
> A couple of caveates:
> 1) This may not work in Vista. In fact, probably will not. Vista
> doesn't recognize the AppActivate command the way XP did.
> 2) If you have a slow PC, increase line 4 from 3 seconds (3000
> milliseconds) to something longer
> 3) If you use this as a standalone file make sure to use a .vbs
> extension.
>
> There are two possible ways to use this.
> 1) Embed it in IM. I think it goes in the After Integration section
> but I also remember some oddity in using it there. Someone will have
> to try it, I'm tied up.
> 2) Schedule this to run separately after you know your integration is
> done. So if your integration never runs longer than 10 minutes,
> schedule this with windows scheduler to run 20 minutes after your
> integration starts.
>
> Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
>
> On Aug 27, 11:04 am, Leslie Vail
>

> <LeslieV...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Mark,
>
> > Are you going to put the VB script on your web site?
>
> > Leslie
>
> > "Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:
> > > Bryan,
>
> > > For the do it yourselfer, there are pretty detailed instructions in
> > > the IM manual. Look for command line integration. The basic process is
> > > a command line execution of IM. In the command line you tell it which
> > > integration or group to run. I've always built the command line info
> > > into a batch file and  used windows scheduler to fire off the batch
> > > file. The problem is that GP doesn't close automatically when it's
> > > done. Your options for closing GP afterwards are pretty limited but
> > > include the previously mention AutoDim, a script file or some other
> > > macro language option. A GP macro WILL NOT close GP.
>
> > > This comes up enough that I'm thinking of adding step by step
> > > instructions to DynamicAccounting.net but it may be a week or two
> > > before I get to it. I do have a VBScript file for closing GP but it
> > > only works in XP, not in Vista. If  you or your IT dept are familiar
> > > with AutoIT it can create an executable that will close GP. If you
> > > want the VB Script let me know and I'll post it here. It's pretty
> > > short.
>
> > > Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)

mpolino (496)
8/28/2007 12:24:38 AM
Thanks for the update Mark!

"Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:

> OK, the code WON'T work inside of integration manager. It won't run
> inside the after integration location but I've run into issues here
> before. It should run in the after query section (I can get parts of
> the code to run) but it won't close GP. So the code will work in a
> standalone VBS file but you have to schedule to run after the
> integration finishes. Not ideal, I know. I'm working on another
> alternative but after spending an hour with it tonight I have some
> work I need to do. Work as in they pay me.
>
> Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
>

> On Aug 27, 1:22 pm, "Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)"
> <mpol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll put it up on the website once I get a minute but here's the
> > code.
> >
> > Dim wshshell
> > set wshshell=wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
> > WshShell.AppActivate "Microsoft Dynamics GP"
> > wscript.sleep(3000)
> > wshshell.sendkeys("%{F4}")
> >
> > The first two lines initiate the VBScript shell
> > Line 3 makes sure GP is the active window
> > Line 4 waits for 3 seconds to make sure GP is up
> > and line 5 sends ALT+F4 which is the close window command.
> >
> > A couple of caveates:
> > 1) This may not work in Vista. In fact, probably will not. Vista
> > doesn't recognize the AppActivate command the way XP did.
> > 2) If you have a slow PC, increase line 4 from 3 seconds (3000
> > milliseconds) to something longer
> > 3) If you use this as a standalone file make sure to use a .vbs
> > extension.
> >
> > There are two possible ways to use this.
> > 1) Embed it in IM. I think it goes in the After Integration section
> > but I also remember some oddity in using it there. Someone will have
> > to try it, I'm tied up.
> > 2) Schedule this to run separately after you know your integration is
> > done. So if your integration never runs longer than 10 minutes,
> > schedule this with windows scheduler to run 20 minutes after your
> > integration starts.
> >
> > Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
> >
> > On Aug 27, 11:04 am, Leslie Vail
> >

> > <LeslieV...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Mark,
> >
> > > Are you going to put the VB script on your web site?

LeslieVail (702)
8/28/2007 4:04:04 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. It all works now. Details here.

http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/08/weekly-dynamic-automating-integrations.html

Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)

On Aug 25, 4:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
> integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
> so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
> for this in Dynamics GP.
>
> They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
> However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
> create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
> of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
> updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.
>
> Any suggestions would be great.
>
> Thanks!
> Bryan
> --
> Bryan Hipolito

0
mpolino (496)
8/30/2007 6:26:30 PM

"VJ" wrote:

> There used to be a free utility offered by Microsoft called AutoDim.
> Not sure if that is still available.
>
> On Aug 25, 3:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
> > integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
> > so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
> > for this in Dynamics GP.
> >
> > They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
> > However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
> > create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
> > of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
> > updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be great.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Bryan
> > --
> > Bryan Hipolito

0
Jim8980 (510)
2/11/2008 6:59:01 PM
Where can I get information on AutoDim

"VJ" wrote:

> There used to be a free utility offered by Microsoft called AutoDim.
> Not sure if that is still available.
>
> On Aug 25, 3:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
> > integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
> > so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
> > for this in Dynamics GP.
> >
> > They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
> > However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
> > create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
> > of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
> > updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be great.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Bryan
> > --
> > Bryan Hipolito

0
Jim8980 (510)
2/11/2008 7:00:03 PM
Here you. Tested step by step.

http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/08/weekly-dynamic-automating-integrati=
ons.html

Mark

On Feb 11, 2:00=A0pm, Jim <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Where can I get information on AutoDim"VJ" wrote:
> > There used to be a free utility offered by Microsoft called AutoDim.
> > Not sure if that is still available.
>
> > On Aug 25, 3:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > > Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for sched=
uling
> > > integrations for Integration Manager? =A0I hope there is a workable wa=
y for not
> > > so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a function=
ality
> > > for this in Dynamics GP. =A0
>
> > > They want to update their price list if possible using integration man=
ager. =A0
> > > However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager wi=
ll
> > > create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), =
the end
> > > of next week without human intervention. =A0Reason being is that
> > > updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midni=
ght.

> > > Any suggestions would be great.
>
> > > Thanks!
> > > Bryan
> > > --
> > > Bryan Hipolito

0
mpolino (496)
2/11/2008 9:22:56 PM
This seems to a wonderful solution.  We are following your step by step but
are having a problem with the two lines in the .bat file.  The second line
doesn't execute until the first one completes which means GP closes and then
the Integraion fails because it doesn't know which company to look at.  Now i
should mentioned the we are running this not is silent mode.  When exeucting
one line at a time everything works perfectly.  Thoughts?

"Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:

> Ask and ye shall receive. It all works now. Details here.
>
> http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/08/weekly-dynamic-automating-integrations.html
>
> Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
>
> On Aug 25, 4:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
> > integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
> > so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
> > for this in Dynamics GP.
> >
> > They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
> > However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
> > create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
> > of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
> > updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be great.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Bryan
> > --
> > Bryan Hipolito

0
Amanda (82)
4/11/2008 3:52:00 PM
We are having the same problem Great Plains opens but the Integrations do not
start. I have run the integrations in a separate batch file as described and
it works fine. The weird thing is if I copy and paste the text into a command
window it works perfectly. Any thoughts...

"Amanda" wrote:

> This seems to a wonderful solution.  We are following your step by step but
> are having a problem with the two lines in the .bat file.  The second line
> doesn't execute until the first one completes which means GP closes and then
> the Integraion fails because it doesn't know which company to look at.  Now i
> should mentioned the we are running this not is silent mode.  When exeucting
> one line at a time everything works perfectly.  Thoughts?
>
> "Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:
>
> > Ask and ye shall receive. It all works now. Details here.
> >
> > http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/08/weekly-dynamic-automating-integrations.html
> >
> > Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
> >
> > On Aug 25, 4:30 am, Bryan Hipolito <br...@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling
> > > integrations for Integration Manager?  I hope there is a workable way for not
> > > so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality
> > > for this in Dynamics GP.
> > >
> > > They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager.
> > > However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will
> > > create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end
> > > of next week without human intervention.  Reason being is that
> > > updates/integration can run during the weekend and could also be midnight.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions would be great.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Bryan
> > > --
> > > Bryan Hipolito

Task Manager on Windows XP
Hi, My PC which is running Windows XP Pro with SP2 suddenly has the Microsoft Windows XP "Task Manager" not working as before. It seems to be damaged, and does not show the top level menu that allowed me to choose whether to look at the 'performance graph' or at 'processes' or ' applications' !!!!!! All I see now seems to be a list of processes running (might be just the 'processes' screen/window portion of Task Manger). I don't have access to looking at the running 'applications' or looking at the CPU and Memory graphs, nor am I a...

RM Error: General failure in scheduling engine
Good day! It seems my installation of CRM 3.0 was ok. I did not come across any errors, but I have landed with this annoying error; CRM Error: General failure in scheduling engine. Is crops up when viewing the Service Calendar and any acvtivity involving a calendar function. Is there anyone who could shine some light on this problem, or have a cure? Any help would be welcome. Ralph Lehmann Hi Ralph, I ain´t got this failure yet, but I got also a problem with some kind of calendar (creating a new item from within outlook won´t work) and so I searched around a bit. maybe this...

scheduling meeting
Hello, We are finally switching over and using Outlook to schedule meetings. Our secretaries will be able to schedule meetings for us. If a secretary schedules a meeting on my behalf, the meeting entry automatically gets put into my calendar. I was wondering if there was a way to receive a notification that the meeting was scheduled. Otherwise, they could schedule meetings on my behalf and I might not ever know it. Thanks. Dan ...

Integrating Microsoft CRM 4.0 with our website
CRM 3.0 has the "Easy Microsoft CRM 3.0 data access using RSS" add-on available but there isn't anything similar for CRM 4.0, or at least nothing I have found. Does the 3.0 version work with 4.0? I am wanting to build a login area for our website where clients can check the progress of cases, view their details etc. I know RSS would only allow me to display existing data but this seemed quite an easy task if I put together some code that made use of the RSS feed. If anyone has any suggestions on easier ways of doing this or maybe something exists that would give me much...

scheduling
I have a client who is looking for scheduling software that integrates with RMS. they need to be able to schedule classes and trainers, sort of like in a fitness center. Has anyone seen anything like this integrated with RMS thanks, -- Ronald Warsaski World Wide Network Solutions, Inc. Hi Ron, We are finishing an advanced scheduling module in mid - late Novembre. I can send you a 36 page detailed document ifyou wish. Email me if interested. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Ron Warsaski" wrote: > I h...

How to set schedule task?
When I set task based on schedule, it requests to input the passwords, but I don't set any password on my XP with SP3, and the task cannot be performed. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set task without passwords? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6396742-7F6D-424A-A203-6677F0F97A4F@microsoft.com... > When I set task based on schedule, it requests to input the passwords, but > I > don't set any password on my XP with SP3, and the task cannot be > performed. ...

Integrating Outlook Calendar & Access
I've searched thru this forum and thru the Access forum and can't find exactly the issue I need to resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I have developed a process to export the calendar entry from access to the outlook calendar which works great. My user is now requesting the ability to view (or thru VBA) the entries in the Outlook calendar from within access? Unfortunately my database has no way to know if an entry in the access database already exists in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine that? I tried creating a linked table with Outlook s...

Office 2003 integration
Hello All, Hopefully I've got the right newsgroup here. I've set up MS Office integration with Great Plains and am attempting to import Great Plains data into an Excel spreadsheet (MS Office 2003) using the Data Connection Wizard. Keep on getting the following error: The server for the data source returned a non-specific error when trying to execute your query... Already gone through the initial set up of Office integration on my web server etc. Any direction/resource locations would be appreciated, thanks R Hey Rob, I never have had an easy time attempting to import my...

Investment Management
I have another client who wants to implement Great Plains but he needs an Investment and Treasury management application that will work with Great Plains. Does anyone no a 3rd party application that seamlessly integrate with great plains in these areas. Thank you I saw a product at Convergence called eInvestment Assets by ICAN Software Solutions...looks like a pretty good product if you want to maintain transaction level detail...can import from your custodian. Their website is www.icansoftware.com. Hope this helps. Jackie >-----Original Message----- >I have another client wh...

increase POP3 connector schedule
Is there a registry setting that can be changed to increase the frequency of the pop3 connector schedule. The snapin only allows 15 minutes as a minimum. Thanks. On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:52:02 -0700, "Walt" <Walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a registry setting that can be changed to increase the frequency of >the pop3 connector schedule. The snapin only allows 15 minutes as a minimum. > >Thanks. That's the most frequent you can have with the POP3 Connector in SBS. My advice is to ditch that connector and use POPCON (google for the purchase si...

Integration with Peachtree?
I know this is a long shot, but was wondering if anyone knows of any third party product that allows data sharing between MS Project and Peachtree Accounting? Trying to avoid having to enter data twice. Thanks for any suggestions. Pat Oops! I some how posted this is in the wrong newsgroup! Please disregard. ...

Schedule to exclude weekends and holidays
I am creating a schedule in Excel and would like to exclude weekends and holidays. The formula that I have tried, and does not work is: =workday(D3,-32) I want to pick up the date in D3 and add 32 days, but exclude weekends and holidays. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks! Try... =WORKDAY(D3,32,A1:A10) ....where A1:A10 contains your list of holidays. Hope this helps! In article <BD5BCCE6-9C2F-4FDD-B1C6-859871318043@microsoft.com>, "Erin D." <Erin D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am creating a schedule in Excel and would like to exclude ...

Group Schedules
I am having difficulty getting a Group Schedule set up. Given several users on a LAN, how do I configure each Outlook so that schedules of all assigned to the group will show on the Group Schedule? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Roy Hooks ...

Scheduling Resources
I'm a new user of SharePoint, and consider myself an expert in Outlook. My problem is that current employer's IT Dept. thinks that in order to set up Conference Room Calendars as a resource that will automatically book meetings, a separate license is required for the calendar. That's issue #1.... IT dept's answer to this issue is to install SharePoint, where the calendar can be viewed by all employees; everyone has the ability to book the room, but I'm unable to find a way to send the meeting request AND book the room concurrently. Is that possible? If it ...

Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 - view group schedules Doesn't also show all day events for many of the calendars. Is there a bug that prevents showing all day events Group schedules show free/busy and most all day events are marked free. If you want them in free/busy, you need to set them as either tentative or busy. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and E...

Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector
Hi Folks, I have mail enabled some public folders to use in calendar scheduling for meetings (they are rooms). Is there a way to apply free/busy information to them because it is not visible when including them in a meeting request if there are already meeting reservations on its calendar. Thanks! The right way to do this would be to create resource mailboxes rather than public folders. Then you can either use the AutoAccept agent or manually configure a mailbox (from Outlook) as a resource mailbox to accept meeting requests and decline conflicting meetings. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ...

Task Manager window only CPU
Vista Ultimate SP2 When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options. How do I restore task manager? Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should do it. -- whs THX - it worked Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net "whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:89eee91dbeee8173c55e0008be25b622@nntp-gateway....

Integration Manager vs eConnect
We have two data integration requirements the first is to import data from another accounting solution the data residing in MS SQL2000, the second requirement will be recurring and that is to import AP invoices from a vendor's provided SQL table. Is eConnect or the Integration Manager a better choice? For simple data integrations, I prefer to use Integration Manager since it does not require complex coding and it is a pretty straight forward process. For complaex data integrations, like invoices, orders etc, eConnect is the right tool but it requires tedious coding (I use VB.Net). &...

SSMS doesn't see SSAS or Integration Services in server type drop
Product/environment - SQL SERVER 2008 dev. edition, windows vista Analy. Services & SSIS were installed from the dev edition, and services show SSIS and Analysis services running. But I cannot see these references in SSMS. I only see database engine and Compact Edition. I looked at every tweak I could find such as setting up a port for SSAS, etc. nothing worked. If it shows as installed and if the services show as running, how do i get SSMS to see SSAS and SSIS in "Server Type" drop down? I've run out of ideas. Thanks for any help. ...

Need info on scheduled meetings: time scheduled/who scheduled it
We have a situation where many people have access to the managers calendar and can scheule meetings. It would be very helpful to be able to identify not only who scheduled the original meeting (and the date/time) but also who modified meeting parameters after it was orignally scheuled. The current 'properties' tab only tells you the last time the file was modified, which is typically not very helpful. thanks "Joe Bruin" <Joe Bruin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:126EFECB-58AF-4253-A53F-C629E4A354F7@microsoft.com... > We have a s...

Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Guide 08-24-06
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Guide Customer Relationship Management (CRM) today is the complete business strategy steered in favor of customer needs. And for any business to succeed CRM is no longer another software but an absolute necessity .Do You Ready For This? http://flying-rugs.com/crm/CRM.html ...

How to manage Identities in Outlook like in Outlook Express
I have always used OUtlook Express and am considering using Outlook because of the increased security and features. I have Outlook 2003. When using Outlook Express I had 3 different email accounts and could use each independently and switch from one to another by just changing identities. I tried to set up Outlook and I entered the various email accounts and it downloads emails from all 3 accounts to the same inbox. Is there a way in Outlook to setup separate email identities and keep my emails separate like I did in OE? Is it really advantageous to change to Outlook over OE? You...

Address list rights and Management
I have Exchange 2003 Sp1 running on Windows 2003 Standard Sp1 in a Windows 2003 AD -Native Mode, domain. I have been creating additional address lists and allowing restricted access to them for specific offices or users. I recently created 2 that contain users from the 2 different sides of our business. the lists were created identically -with the exeception of some rights application to them -tryting to restrict access to view their contents by specific people. at this point I, and exchange administrator, can only see only 1 (Address1) of them in System Manager, and therefore can ...

Integration with Office (2003)?
Does anyone know if it is possible to link Word document (from *within* Microsoft Word) to a CRM Contact? I know it is possible to manually add documents to a contact history, but is it possible to Open Word, make a document, press a button and pick the right contact and save the document to the contact history? not without writing code. This is not a standard feature "MB" <isp (haaltzijnpostopbij) xs4all.nl.invalid> wrote in message news:%237A8A6kJEHA.3216@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to link Word document (from *within* > Microsoft ...

Meeting Scheduling
We are in the process of rolling out Office 2007, with about 3000 people done and 4000 to go. My department Admin Asst asked a question, and I need assistance in answering her. One of her tasks is to schedule meetings. She does so from her Outlook account, collects the Accept/Reject notices in a folder. She would then like to delete the meeting from her calendar (she will not attend), but wants to leave it on all the other calendars and also does not want a notification sent when she deletes from her calendar. We can not figure out how to do this. Please help Paul As the meeting orga...