Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager

Hi!

I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can
schedule integrations using integration manager.  For example, my client
would want to update the price list via integration manager.  Is there a way
for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time
as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified
date and time?

Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that,
would be very very great.

Thanks!
--
Bryan Hipolito
0

The IM user guide covers that in detail.  If you don't already have a copy
you can get it on CustomerSource in the documentation area.  Chapter 19 is
where you'll find the instructions.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Bryan Hipolito" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can
> schedule integrations using integration manager.  For example, my client
> would want to update the price list via integration manager.  Is there a way
> for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time
> as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified
> date and time?
>
> Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that,
> would be very very great.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Bryan Hipolito
0
jim.harris (398)
8/24/2007 1:20:01 PM
Hi Jim,

Thanks!  I actually read through this user guide for Chapter 9 but I am
unable to see a more detailed step by step procedure on how to schedule
integration.  Is this a scheduled integration via Integration Manager using
IM interface?  Or you have to make use of the windows task scheduler?  I am
wondering if this feature will allow user to enter the date and time for the
integration to take place.

Thanks!
--
Bryan Hipolito

"Jim@TurboChef" wrote:

> The IM user guide covers that in detail.  If you don't already have a copy
> you can get it on CustomerSource in the documentation area.  Chapter 19 is
> where you'll find the instructions.
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
>

> "Bryan Hipolito" wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can
> > schedule integrations using integration manager.  For example, my client
> > would want to update the price list via integration manager.  Is there a way
> > for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time
> > as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified
> > date and time?
> >
> > Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that,
> > would be very very great.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > Bryan Hipolito
0
bryan4578 (26)
8/25/2007 8:26:02 AM
Once you've got your login macro and command line structure created (see
samples on pg. 129) you then use the windows task scheduler to run that
command.  The IM interface does not have a scheduling component.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Bryan Hipolito" wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks!  I actually read through this user guide for Chapter 9 but I am
> unable to see a more detailed step by step procedure on how to schedule
> integration.  Is this a scheduled integration via Integration Manager using
> IM interface?  Or you have to make use of the windows task scheduler?  I am
> wondering if this feature will allow user to enter the date and time for the
> integration to take place.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Bryan Hipolito
>

> "Jim@TurboChef" wrote:
>
> > The IM user guide covers that in detail.  If you don't already have a copy
> > you can get it on CustomerSource in the documentation area.  Chapter 19 is
> > where you'll find the instructions.
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef
> >

> > "Bryan Hipolito" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can
> > > schedule integrations using integration manager.  For example, my client
> > > would want to update the price list via integration manager.  Is there a way
> > > for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time
> > > as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified
> > > date and time?
> > >
> > > Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that,
> > > would be very very great.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > --
> > > Bryan Hipolito
0
jim.harris (398)
8/27/2007 2:18:02 PM
Integration Manager itself does not have scheduling capabilities.  If you are
using the Standard Adapter you can do a login batch file and then run the
integration via command line and use the task scheduler to kick all of this
off.  The problem is you can't exit Great Plains.  There is a product called
AutoDim available from GP that will allow you to run the integration and
exit.  If you are using the SQL Optimized adapter or the Direct-to-Table
there's no problem because GP does not have to be running for the Integration
to work.  At last call I believe the AutoDim tool cost $500

"Bryan Hipolito" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can
> schedule integrations using integration manager.  For example, my client
> would want to update the price list via integration manager.  Is there a way
> for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time
> as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified
> date and time?
>
> Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that,
> would be very very great.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Bryan Hipolito
0
LeslieVail (702)

Report Manager Help file #2
I try to look for report manager help, however ms excel prompt me for the xlmain8.hlp file. I cant locate this file anywhere in my harddisk. Where can I download this file from net? Any advices is much appreciated. thks This might be it: XL97: "Cannot Find the Mainxl.hlp File" When Using Help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q163934 Chan, wrote: > > I try to look for report manager help, however ms excel prompt me for the > xlmain8.hlp file. I cant locate this file anywhere in my harddisk. > Where can I download this file from net? > Any ...

Sending newsletter via email thru Publisher
OK I need help or direction. I have to create newsletters for my local Kiwanis group. I do it in Publisher. It is 2 pages both sides or 4 pages total. I first print out the ones I need to mail and then copy and paste the whole newsletter into an email for that group. It is very time consuming. THe older guys or the guys not really knowing their computers can open their email but that is about it. Is there a way to take the same newsletter I just created and printed and send it our via email without cutting and pasting. If not is there anything out there with the capabilities to do this....

RM Error: General failure in scheduling engine
Good day! It seems my installation of CRM 3.0 was ok. I did not come across any errors, but I have landed with this annoying error; CRM Error: General failure in scheduling engine. Is crops up when viewing the Service Calendar and any acvtivity involving a calendar function. Is there anyone who could shine some light on this problem, or have a cure? Any help would be welcome. Ralph Lehmann Hi Ralph, I ain´t got this failure yet, but I got also a problem with some kind of calendar (creating a new item from within outlook won´t work) and so I searched around a bit. maybe this...

Task Manager on Windows XP
Hi, My PC which is running Windows XP Pro with SP2 suddenly has the Microsoft Windows XP "Task Manager" not working as before. It seems to be damaged, and does not show the top level menu that allowed me to choose whether to look at the 'performance graph' or at 'processes' or ' applications' !!!!!! All I see now seems to be a list of processes running (might be just the 'processes' screen/window portion of Task Manger). I don't have access to looking at the running 'applications' or looking at the CPU and Memory graphs, nor am I a...

scheduling meeting
Hello, We are finally switching over and using Outlook to schedule meetings. Our secretaries will be able to schedule meetings for us. If a secretary schedules a meeting on my behalf, the meeting entry automatically gets put into my calendar. I was wondering if there was a way to receive a notification that the meeting was scheduled. Otherwise, they could schedule meetings on my behalf and I might not ever know it. Thanks. Dan ...

how do i can send a information of cell automaticaly via email?
I have generated a calibration file in excel by using conditional formating,here the help I need is,in a perticular cell where the conditional formating is done needs to be send as email alert to the mail receipents automatically if the condition of thet cell is "false" Rajani, see if this will help, http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 &...

Is it possible to control a running appliaction via web ?
hi, Is it possible to control a running application via web pages through internet ? thanks, behzad ...

Integrating Microsoft CRM 4.0 with our website
CRM 3.0 has the "Easy Microsoft CRM 3.0 data access using RSS" add-on available but there isn't anything similar for CRM 4.0, or at least nothing I have found. Does the 3.0 version work with 4.0? I am wanting to build a login area for our website where clients can check the progress of cases, view their details etc. I know RSS would only allow me to display existing data but this seemed quite an easy task if I put together some code that made use of the RSS feed. If anyone has any suggestions on easier ways of doing this or maybe something exists that would give me much...

scheduling
I have a client who is looking for scheduling software that integrates with RMS. they need to be able to schedule classes and trainers, sort of like in a fitness center. Has anyone seen anything like this integrated with RMS thanks, -- Ronald Warsaski World Wide Network Solutions, Inc. Hi Ron, We are finishing an advanced scheduling module in mid - late Novembre. I can send you a 36 page detailed document ifyou wish. Email me if interested. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Ron Warsaski" wrote: > I h...

Office 2003 integration
Hello All, Hopefully I've got the right newsgroup here. I've set up MS Office integration with Great Plains and am attempting to import Great Plains data into an Excel spreadsheet (MS Office 2003) using the Data Connection Wizard. Keep on getting the following error: The server for the data source returned a non-specific error when trying to execute your query... Already gone through the initial set up of Office integration on my web server etc. Any direction/resource locations would be appreciated, thanks R Hey Rob, I never have had an easy time attempting to import my...

Integrating Outlook Calendar & Access
I've searched thru this forum and thru the Access forum and can't find exactly the issue I need to resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I have developed a process to export the calendar entry from access to the outlook calendar which works great. My user is now requesting the ability to view (or thru VBA) the entries in the Outlook calendar from within access? Unfortunately my database has no way to know if an entry in the access database already exists in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine that? I tried creating a linked table with Outlook s...

How to set schedule task?
When I set task based on schedule, it requests to input the passwords, but I don't set any password on my XP with SP3, and the task cannot be performed. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set task without passwords? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6396742-7F6D-424A-A203-6677F0F97A4F@microsoft.com... > When I set task based on schedule, it requests to input the passwords, but > I > don't set any password on my XP with SP3, and the task cannot be > performed. ...

Investment Management
I have another client who wants to implement Great Plains but he needs an Investment and Treasury management application that will work with Great Plains. Does anyone no a 3rd party application that seamlessly integrate with great plains in these areas. Thank you I saw a product at Convergence called eInvestment Assets by ICAN Software Solutions...looks like a pretty good product if you want to maintain transaction level detail...can import from your custodian. Their website is www.icansoftware.com. Hope this helps. Jackie >-----Original Message----- >I have another client wh...

increase POP3 connector schedule
Is there a registry setting that can be changed to increase the frequency of the pop3 connector schedule. The snapin only allows 15 minutes as a minimum. Thanks. On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:52:02 -0700, "Walt" <Walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a registry setting that can be changed to increase the frequency of >the pop3 connector schedule. The snapin only allows 15 minutes as a minimum. > >Thanks. That's the most frequent you can have with the POP3 Connector in SBS. My advice is to ditch that connector and use POPCON (google for the purchase si...

Integration with Peachtree?
I know this is a long shot, but was wondering if anyone knows of any third party product that allows data sharing between MS Project and Peachtree Accounting? Trying to avoid having to enter data twice. Thanks for any suggestions. Pat Oops! I some how posted this is in the wrong newsgroup! Please disregard. ...

Schedule to exclude weekends and holidays
I am creating a schedule in Excel and would like to exclude weekends and holidays. The formula that I have tried, and does not work is: =workday(D3,-32) I want to pick up the date in D3 and add 32 days, but exclude weekends and holidays. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks! Try... =WORKDAY(D3,32,A1:A10) ....where A1:A10 contains your list of holidays. Hope this helps! In article <BD5BCCE6-9C2F-4FDD-B1C6-859871318043@microsoft.com>, "Erin D." <Erin D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am creating a schedule in Excel and would like to exclude ...

Group Schedules
I am having difficulty getting a Group Schedule set up. Given several users on a LAN, how do I configure each Outlook so that schedules of all assigned to the group will show on the Group Schedule? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Roy Hooks ...

Scheduling Resources
I'm a new user of SharePoint, and consider myself an expert in Outlook. My problem is that current employer's IT Dept. thinks that in order to set up Conference Room Calendars as a resource that will automatically book meetings, a separate license is required for the calendar. That's issue #1.... IT dept's answer to this issue is to install SharePoint, where the calendar can be viewed by all employees; everyone has the ability to book the room, but I'm unable to find a way to send the meeting request AND book the room concurrently. Is that possible? If it ...

cannot access reports remotely via web
Hi, When trying to access reports in CRM, i received the "Crystal Reports Logon Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses." However, if i launch the browser in the server CRM is installed i am able to view all reports without any error. I've checked that NT Authority/Authenticated and NT Authority/Intergrated is added to the builtin user account. Anything I missed here? Regards, JM Try this critical update.... http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-017.mspx Peter "Jordan M." <jordanm@37.com> wrote in message news:eGNo0w9Z...

Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 - view group schedules Doesn't also show all day events for many of the calendars. Is there a bug that prevents showing all day events Group schedules show free/busy and most all day events are marked free. If you want them in free/busy, you need to set them as either tentative or busy. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and E...

Figuring sql server version via code
Hi Is it possible to check in .net; 1. If sql server 2008 express is installed on a machine? 2. The name of sql server 2008 express instance or instances? 3. If a particular sql server 2008 express instance contains a specific database? Many Thanks Regards You can use several methods to enumerate SQL Server instances. Here are a couple: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a6t1z9x2.aspx http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=45 To determine whether a specific instance contains a certain database, you can connect to the instance's master databa...

Read Only Permissions via Exchange 2000 Tools
How do you grant Read Only Permissions on a Mailbox on Exchange 2000 using the ADUC Tools. I have been able to successfully grant Full Mailbox rights, but when I only choose Read access I can't open any of the user's folders to view them only. ...

Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector
Hi Folks, I have mail enabled some public folders to use in calendar scheduling for meetings (they are rooms). Is there a way to apply free/busy information to them because it is not visible when including them in a meeting request if there are already meeting reservations on its calendar. Thanks! The right way to do this would be to create resource mailboxes rather than public folders. Then you can either use the AutoAccept agent or manually configure a mailbox (from Outlook) as a resource mailbox to accept meeting requests and decline conflicting meetings. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ...

SSMS doesn't see SSAS or Integration Services in server type drop
Product/environment - SQL SERVER 2008 dev. edition, windows vista Analy. Services & SSIS were installed from the dev edition, and services show SSIS and Analysis services running. But I cannot see these references in SSMS. I only see database engine and Compact Edition. I looked at every tweak I could find such as setting up a port for SSAS, etc. nothing worked. If it shows as installed and if the services show as running, how do i get SSMS to see SSAS and SSIS in "Server Type" drop down? I've run out of ideas. Thanks for any help. ...

Task Manager window only CPU
Vista Ultimate SP2 When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options. How do I restore task manager? Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should do it. -- whs THX - it worked Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net "whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:89eee91dbeee8173c55e0008be25b622@nntp-gateway....