scanning documents and attaching them to vendor card

we'd like a simple process for attaching images of W-9 forms to vendor cards.
 Currently we have a separate database with the W-9 images, and it requires
too many steps to be practical, plus when it is done it is still not embedded
in GP.  We don't need full workflow, and the volume is fairly light so the AP
people would want it to easily flow in their usual routine of creating a
vendor.

does anyone have experience with an easy to use embedded solution?
0
PP9828 (19)

Unless you don't want to go through the steps, if you have the image file,
just attach it to the vendor card note as an OLE attachment (the paper clip).
I don't have experience with any other 3rd party software that does this.

"pp" wrote:

> we'd like a simple process for attaching images of W-9 forms to vendor cards.
>  Currently we have a separate database with the W-9 images, and it requires
> too many steps to be practical, plus when it is done it is still not embedded
> in GP.  We don't need full workflow, and the volume is fairly light so the AP
> people would want it to easily flow in their usual routine of creating a
> vendor.
>
> does anyone have experience with an easy to use embedded solution?
On Jan 4, 2:58=A0pm, DynamicsDiva
<DynamicsD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Unless you don't want to go through the steps, if you have the image file,=

> just attach it to the vendor card note as an OLE attachment (the paper cli=
p).
> I don't have experience with any other 3rd party software that does this."=
pp" wrote:
> > we'd like a simple process for attaching images of W-9 forms to vendor c=
ards.
> > =A0Currently we have a separate database with the W-9 images, and it req=
uires
> > too many steps to be practical, plus when it is done it is still not emb=
edded
> > in GP. =A0We don't need full workflow, and the volume is fairly light so=
 the AP
> > people would want it to easily flow in their usual routine of creating a=

> > vendor.
>
> > does anyone have experience with an easy to use embedded solution?

You could scan the images to a network folder then use the Internet
Information on the Vendor Card to link the file to the Vendor
0
dexman77 (16)
1/4/2008 10:03:12 PM
that works too!  since I can't find any paperclips that Diva suggested, we
could look at this instead...

"dexman77" wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2:58 pm, DynamicsDiva
> <DynamicsD...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Unless you don't want to go through the steps, if you have the image file,
> > just attach it to the vendor card note as an OLE attachment (the paper clip).
> > I don't have experience with any other 3rd party software that does this."pp" wrote:
> > > we'd like a simple process for attaching images of W-9 forms to vendor cards.
> > >  Currently we have a separate database with the W-9 images, and it requires
> > > too many steps to be practical, plus when it is done it is still not embedded
> > > in GP.  We don't need full workflow, and the volume is fairly light so the AP
> > > people would want it to easily flow in their usual routine of creating a
> > > vendor.
> >
> > > does anyone have experience with an easy to use embedded solution?
>
> You could scan the images to a network folder then use the Internet
> Information on the Vendor Card to link the file to the Vendor

0
PP9828 (19)
1/5/2008 1:49:05 AM
thanks!  I don't see any paperclips on the notes, although I see that
function described in the help text.  Maybe we just have to enable that
feature.

"DynamicsDiva" wrote:

> Unless you don't want to go through the steps, if you have the image file,
> just attach it to the vendor card note as an OLE attachment (the paper clip).
> I don't have experience with any other 3rd party software that does this.
>
> "pp" wrote:
>
> > we'd like a simple process for attaching images of W-9 forms to vendor cards.
> >  Currently we have a separate database with the W-9 images, and it requires
> > too many steps to be practical, plus when it is done it is still not embedded
> > in GP.  We don't need full workflow, and the volume is fairly light so the AP
> > people would want it to easily flow in their usual routine of creating a
> > vendor.
> >
> > does anyone have experience with an easy to use embedded solution?
0
PP9828 (19)
1/5/2008 1:49:06 AM
pp,

The reason you don't see the paperclip is because you don't have an
OLE path set to store the attachments.

The OLEPath is used to store attachments to OLE Notes or OLE
Attachments.
Find a path on a shared drive (such as OLENotes under the GP Path on
the
server).  Then open the DEX.INI file on each workstation and point to
this path.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)

Web access file attachment stops the MS Exch information store ser
Our Microsoft exchange informaiton store service stops abruptly with the following errors logged in the application log 1. Event id 9673 . I used the err.exe to find the explanation of the error code and it says C:> err 0xc00000fd # for hex 0xc00000fd /decimal ā€“1073741571 : Status_Stack_overflow ntstatus.h # A new page for the stack cannot be created. # 1 matches found for ā€œ0xc00000fdā€ 2. then the event ids 1005 and 9175 keeps repeating. We have to restart the server or start the information store service to get connected again Accidentally I have found out that this happens...

Rotating scanned images
My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How can I rotate this small amount? Publisher won't let me rotate this small degree. You didn't state which version so I'll tell you how to do it with Pub 2003. Select the picture, right-click - Format Picture. Click the Size tab. Under Size and Rotation, adjust the rotation. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dena Davis" <Dena Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C134656-88FB-4D91-8372-9B6F2BAF51B2@microsoft.com... > My scanned image is only 2 to 3 degrees lopsided. How ca...

Scan over an item/Highlight when an item does not scan
I have issues with cashiers inadvertently scanning over items or missing an item that sounds like it scans but does not. Are there any fixes out there that would prevent an item from being scanned over and/or a sound or some type of highlight that would flag an unscanned item? Thanks, Carol There are Windows system sounds associated with those events that you can customize, but you have to put a speaker on your PC to take advantage of it. I just did this recently on someone's advice here (Haik, I think). I picked up a set of speakers for about $20. Marc "Lola & Penelop...

unable to view jpd attachments
Recently, when I double click on a jpg attachment I get the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. I can double click on any other type of attachment like .doc .pdf .xls, etc, but not jpg's. I used to be able to but for some reason, not anymore. I submitted this before and was suggested to clear out the temporary internet files in IE, but that did not help. Any other suggestions? thanks Robert Martin Save the file to disk and rightclick it and choose Open With to set a default program. Next time the picture will directly open in that program when you ope...

Attachement to notes in version 10
Can anyone tell me how we attach a file to a note in version 10? I worked in version 8.5 and prior and remember that there was a paperclip where you can attach a document to a note. There is no paperclip in that I can see in my note screen. Thanks for the help. Loan Nguyen Loan, If you have applied Service Pack 1 or 2 and still experience the issue with the paper clip, check for the following: 1) Check the OLEPath key in the dex.ini file to make sure the entry exists. 2) If the OLEPath key exists, does it point to a valid location? 3) If it does, make sure the user has enough pe...

how to send documents from document imaging to word?
I would like to scan a document into Word to use as template. I scan it into Document Imaging, run OCR and then in tools I select "send to word". it goes to Word, but the scale of the document is too big and can't be used. What settings am I missing so that document looks the same as it does in Document Imaging. ...

desktop and my documents (folder redirection)
Hello, I have win2k3 with pgo and i have configured one pc (Win XP) with folder redirection (desktop et my documents). I haven't connected to my network for 1 week and i have a problem in disk with this pc (WinXP) but i can access to disk data. The problem is i can't find my data in my desktop and in my documents. can you help me where can i find my data in my desktop and my documents? Thank you. ...

Full bleed formatting document
How can I shrink the margins on a document already created in Publisher? I would like to create one version of the document formated for a full bleed print and one with a smaller margin than already exists. How can I do this? No full bleed printer connected my computer. Create a bleed for your publication http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP051236331033.aspx?pid=CH010001571033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MarySue" <MarySue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A18253E-A5...

Safety Scan
XP,Home Edition,SP3 Have tried on and off for a couple of mos to download the safety scan.. Tried both safe and normal mode and still get the error code > 0x08600807...Was recommended by MS Support Services..Would call them back > but they refer me elsewhere and I play ring around the the rosy or is it > posey??Thank you..Nick Back-up any personal data [1] (none of which should be considered 100% trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of Windows. Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix this! HOW TO d...

upload a document with photos?
I am trying to attach a word document that has three photos in it. It is only one page but it is taking 3-4 minutes to download. I need to do this a lot faster, is there a way to speed up the download of the document? 1. Zip the document to make the file smaller. 2. Use a graphics program (such as www.irfanview.com) to crop and reduce the resolution of the pictures so they contain fewer bytes, before inserting them into the document. 3. Pay more to get a faster internet connection. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be ...

Insert Attachment to RTF Formatted E-mail
When I insert an attachment to an e-mail formatted in rich text format, Oulook 2002 drops the attachment into the body of the message. But with text and html e-mails, Outlook behaves the way I expect - putting the attachment into a separate field area in the header. I guess this has to be this way? Thanks Yes. That's just the way it is. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Barry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:046601c39ff5$6b53be00$a101280a@phx.gbl... When I insert an attachment to an e-mail formatted in rich text format, Oulook 2002 dr...

Scanning
How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan and prefix but how do i do this. any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter each time i scan something. i know there is a way to setup scan > and prefix but how do i do this. > > any help would be great "solor" wrote: > How do i set my hand held scanner Symbol LS2208 so that i do not have to > press enter...

unBlocked attachments-on sending
I want to Unblock-outlook on sending attachments. I went to registry to receive attachments- But need advice to unblock the send attachments- thank you.. ...

Import from scanned page into excel
I have been asked to take a printed document that contains a list o phone numbers, scan it, and import the list into excel. What is th easiest way to do this? Thanks, ena -- ena ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2865 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55745 I'd use my scanner and scan it to a Text file. Then use File|Open inside excel to import the data. But there are some scanners that come with software that should import directl...

Putting an XML document in a TreeView.
I would like to put an XML document into a Windows TreeView. I have started with XmlTextReader and seem to get stuck with all of the different Read/Move commands available. I was wondering if someone else has already gone through the pain of descending through an XML document either printing or adding the attribute and element values and names to a TreeView? It would just save me some time as I will have to do some trial and error to get it to work. Thank you. Kevin Hello! Maybe you could use XmlDocument, it should be easy to convert from one tree-like structure to another. (You'...

Scan on Document Imager Office 2007, preview shows, scan doesnt
When I attempt to scan a document in the Document Imager, my scanner shows up, I select it. I click on "preview" and the document can be seen, then, I click on scan....nothing shows up. Help ...

Show word and Excel document in IE
Hi, I do have a requirement to show the office documents in IE browser instead of opening the instance of the application. any advice would be appreciated thanks Right click on the document and select Open With>>IE "Akbar Jiwani" <ajiwani@uabmc.edu> wrote in message news:4BA758D6.E1A7.00ED.0@uabmc.edu... > Hi, > I do have a requirement to show the office documents in IE browser instead > of opening the instance of the application. any advice would be > appreciated > > thanks > > > ...

Retentions to vendors invoices in the Construction Industry
I would like to know how to retain a % on vendor invoices. These amounts must be paid at end of contract. This is normal in the construction industry. Any suggestions? ...

Lost word document 04-08-10
I opened a word document from an email, worked on it then clicked save (not save as) now I can't find it anywhere. When I re-open the file in the email it is the original document without any of the changes. Would it have been temporarily saved on my computer somewhere? See http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm for instructions to recover attachment files, hopefuly ;-) Hope this helps DeanH "aef84" wrote: > I opened a word document from an email, worked on it then clicked save (not > save as) now I can't find it anywhere. When I re-open the...

Document Locked Read Only
When I purchased my new laptop it came with a trial verison of Office 2003. That version expired on the 1st, so I insalled my copy of Office 2000. I opened a document I was working on, but then it crashed. Now when I open the document it says that the document is locked for editing and is now read only. Can anyone help me with fixing this problem? Much appreciated, Thanks By the way, I didn't uninstall the Office 2003 version in case I wanted to purchase it later. Maybe I should have. Either way shouldn't it still work? I think that xl2003 is a red herring. Debra Dalgleish ...

How do I save a Publisher document as my desktop picture?
I have created a simple Publisher document that is a reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save this document so it shows as my desktop background picture? Thank you, Randy. Randy95 wrote: > I have created a simple Publisher document that is a > reminder to "Log Out" when finished using computer as > there are multiple users on our computer. How do I save > this document so it shows as my desktop background > picture? Thank you, Randy. =========================================== If you...

importing a scanned image
I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard copies come in various formats. Yes it is possible if you have a good OCR reader that can transfer the scanned image to text Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Julie" wrote: > I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is > it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard > copies come in various formats. ...

Document Map
Hi, Is there a way to remove the Document Map/Thumbnails selector bar at the top of the Document Map in Word 2007 so that it is like previous versions? It takes up two valuable heading spaces and I NEVER use Thumbnails. I hope Word 2010 has the option of removing that annoying bar. Thanks, Martin Gifford. As far as I know, you cannot remove it. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "martin gifford" <martingifford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB25489A-4A12-45AF-8BD4-D66E29DBDC52@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way ...

frame window title without document name
I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window title automatically being updated to reflect the document name. But I forgot. Where, How? Lisa It is the FWS_ADDTOTITLE flag. See http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0198/c0198.aspx -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Lisa Pearlson" <no@spam.plz> wrote in message news:%234wzAh80DHA.4032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window > title automatically being updated to reflect the doc...

How do I copy a PUBLISHER newsletter into a WORD document?
I have to send a small newsletter created on .pub to another department in the same style as the newsletter, however, as an ordinary WORD document (.doc), complete with photos, logos, etc. Can this be done? thank you! Why not send it as an attached pdf file? There are several pdf converting programs available including the free Primopdf and the outstanding modest cost PDF-XChange from Tracker Software. www.primopdf.com http://www.docu-track.com/ If you decide to get PDF-XChange get the version that includes PDF-Tools. -- Don Vancouver, USA "tpasf" <tpasf@discussions.micr...