Sales Return Quantities Entry in SOP: Returns

We use SOP to process returns. When we initially create the return, we
indicate "Return" in the Sales Return Quantities Entry (via Quantities
Returned field). Then our warehouse checks out the returned merchandise to
determine if it has been damaged, etc. However, when we go back into the
Return document, the Sales Return Quantities Entry does not open again to
allow a change from "Returned" to "Damaged." Any suggestions?

Thanks,
0
Ems (26)

Have you looked at inventory item transfer entries, using the "Quantity Type"
button?  You should be able to transfer from one bucket (returned) to another
(on-hand) there.
--
BrianB

"EMS" wrote:

> We use SOP to process returns. When we initially create the return, we
> indicate "Return" in the Sales Return Quantities Entry (via Quantities
> Returned field). Then our warehouse checks out the returned merchandise to
> determine if it has been damaged, etc. However, when we go back into the
> Return document, the Sales Return Quantities Entry does not open again to
> allow a change from "Returned" to "Damaged." Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
0
BrianB (54)
4/21/2009 8:59:01 PM
Hi,

The actual process is when you have a  sales return that is for
damaged goods, you can enter the quantity as damaged type. But since
you are looking to segregate the process into the following steps

1. Accept the Sales return as Return type quantity
2. Create a seperate site for damaged goods
3. Any goods that are identified as Damaged goods can be transferred
from that site to the new Damaged Goods Site (When doing the transfer
you should go to quantity type for that item and select return type in
site and damaged on the damaged goods site)

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

On Apr 21, 11:03=A0pm, EMS <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> We use SOP to process returns. When we initially create the return, we
> indicate "Return" in the Sales Return Quantities Entry (via Quantities
> Returned field). Then our warehouse checks out the returned merchandise t=
> determine if it has been damaged, etc. However, when we go back into the
> Return document, the Sales Return Quantities Entry does not open again to
> allow a change from "Returned" to "Damaged." Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,

0
janakirammp (688)
4/21/2009 9:16:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! We'll try them out and see how it goes.

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The actual process is when you have a  sales return that is for
> damaged goods, you can enter the quantity as damaged type. But since
> you are looking to segregate the process into the following steps
>
> 1. Accept the Sales return as Return type quantity
> 2. Create a seperate site for damaged goods
> 3. Any goods that are identified as Damaged goods can be transferred
> from that site to the new Damaged Goods Site (When doing the transfer
> you should go to quantity type for that item and select return type in
> site and damaged on the damaged goods site)
>
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
>
> On Apr 21, 11:03 pm, EMS <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > We use SOP to process returns. When we initially create the return, we
> > indicate "Return" in the Sales Return Quantities Entry (via Quantities
> > Returned field). Then our warehouse checks out the returned merchandise to
> > determine if it has been damaged, etc. However, when we go back into the
> > Return document, the Sales Return Quantities Entry does not open again to
> > allow a change from "Returned" to "Damaged." Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,

0
Ems (26)
4/21/2009 9:35:01 PM
There are many ways to use these separate inventory buckets.  A separate site
for Damaged is not needed but not a problem either.  Generally, I  suggest
different things based on the size of the company and the returns/QC process.

Ultimately, damaged items must either be scrapped (transfer to on-hand and
then issue out) or repaired and put into on hand.

Definately, the Item Transfer (Quantities Bucket option) is used to move
quantities between Return, Damaged, In Service, In Use, and On Hand.

Generally, the buckets are used as follows:

Return is used for items received back from customers using a Return
transaction until someone can assess the items.  (If they are not going to be
assessed, put them in OnHand.)

Damaged is used for items that are definately damaged and must be disposed
of.  While the quantity is in Damaged, the firm owns the item and it's value
is held in the GL Inventory Asset account.

In Service is used for items being repaired.  This uses the field service
modules, not manufacturing.  Manufacturing ONLY works with OnHand.  So if you
are using manufacturing to rework damanged items, they must be moved into
OnHand.

In Use is a place to hold the quantity and value of items used by the firm
for such things as displays, trade show demos, et cetera.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"EMS" wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions! We'll try them out and see how it goes.
>

> "Janakiram M.P." wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The actual process is when you have a  sales return that is for
> > damaged goods, you can enter the quantity as damaged type. But since
> > you are looking to segregate the process into the following steps
> >
> > 1. Accept the Sales return as Return type quantity
> > 2. Create a seperate site for damaged goods
> > 3. Any goods that are identified as Damaged goods can be transferred
> > from that site to the new Damaged Goods Site (When doing the transfer
> > you should go to quantity type for that item and select return type in
> > site and damaged on the damaged goods site)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Janakiram M.P.
> > MCP-GP
> >
> > On Apr 21, 11:03 pm, EMS <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > We use SOP to process returns. When we initially create the return, we
> > > indicate "Return" in the Sales Return Quantities Entry (via Quantities
> > > Returned field). Then our warehouse checks out the returned merchandise to
> > > determine if it has been damaged, etc. However, when we go back into the
> > > Return document, the Sales Return Quantities Entry does not open again to
> > > allow a change from "Returned" to "Damaged." Any suggestions?
> > >
> > > Thanks,

0
info4071 (3004)

Returning a value if data is in a large list
I think you use a IF function but I am not sure. I have two large lists of numbers. The lists are in columns A and C with columns B and D blank. In B, I want to insert an "X" if the number in column A next to it is somewhere in column C. I tried =IF(A2=C:C,"X","") and =IF(A2=C2;C1000,"X","") but they do not work. Is there a way I can do this? One way: =IF(COUNTIF(C:C,A1)>0,"x","") Another way: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,C:C,0)),"x","") I like the second way. It'll be faster for larger lists ...

sales Configurator and sales forecast
I am trying to use the sales Configurator in Great Plains in conjunction with the sales forecast. The problem I am running in to is the items in the forecast are the items that make up the configured item, therefore, the item doesn=92t show as a line item on the Sales Order, therefore, not deducted from the sales forecast. I know it's a lot said in one sentence. Forecast item A for 5, B for 3 and C for 2 all in the month of June. Then a sales order for a configured item (Config) has a due date in June calling out A qty 1 and C qty 1. The forecast QTYs for June should be A for 4, B for ...

sales process
In the interest of saving a little time and getting it right does anybody have a sales process template already built that executes the stages of the solution selling process? If so you can you email it to me at: crm at (go away spammers) ibizinitiatives.com Or is it posted someplace on the partner site or int tech support someplace that I haven't found yet? much appreciated. Jerry ibizinitiatives. (spammers go away) com Jerry You can download a tool from Microsoft that allows you to export and import workflow processes between crm serve...

Short Sale of Options
I'm trying out Money Plus Deluxe (trial version). I can't update my investment account because it's hungup on option transactions. I download info from my investment account and I have an option short sale (sell to open). So I now have this list of transactions to enter into Money, and it hits the short option which is listed something like "CHK Sep 45 Call". It tells me that this item already exists, asks if I want to choose another from the pull-down list above, but the pull-down is grayed out. Then I notice an extra space after "CHK", so I delete one ...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

MSNStockQuote returns #Value!
My worksheet has multiple rows with a stock id in the first column. All rows are properly defined with various data elements provided by MSNStockQuote functions. When I run the Update Quotes function (from the toolbar), it updates all rows except a few for which it set all cells invoking MSNStockQuote with a #VALUE! code. Any fix to this erratic behavior? Hi Yves, Does this happen on a single stock quote AND on a multiple stock quote, have you been using the macro consistently or have you set it aside for a number of months. There was a problem a few months ago, where as I recall for...

data entry = yes => blanc form
Hi! Got following problem: I have a form to insert data. (= creates new records) I have another form to search existing records. When a record is found, I select and open it to edit it. On that form there is the option "Data Entry". If it is set to no, I can see the form layout and contents, but I cannot edit it. If it is set to yes, nothing appear. I just get a blanc form. Any idea what could be happening? Thanks! Nic It's set to yes. Thx anyway ;-) "Chris Reveille" <ChrisReveille@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50B8F49F-7AD1-44CD-A2D4...

How to return a row reference
I have a formula which needs a row reference. The row reference needs to be the result of search. The search is on a series of ascending dates in a column. I need to search the column to find an exact match on a supplied date and return the ROW reference not the date value. Look at the MATCH() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "NHRunner" <serniorrunner@aol.com> wrote in message news:u8Gp9uFpGHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... |I have a formula which needs a row reference. The row reference needs to be | the result of search. | | The search is ...

entering a sales order
I am a struggling first time GP 7.5 user, and have set up my company to a point where I thought I could try to enter a test sales order and follow it through invoicing, etc... GP's help (in Contents section, Sales Order Processing, Transaction Entry, Orders, Entering and Order) says this: To enter an order: Open the Sales Transaction Entry window. (Transactions >> Sales >> Sales Trx Entry) Select Order, and enter or select the ID of the type of order to enter. Enter a document number or accept the default entry. .... and so on.... But when I go to Transaction >>...

Combo Box returning results
Hi, I have multiple combo boxes on a form which I open from the swithboard in add mode. The combo boxes and list boxes are all tied to fields on the same table, which I want updated with a new record when I pull up the form. I want the combo box fields static and to choose from the linked fields and the list box values to be inputed. The list boxes work fine, but while the combo boxes let me choose from the values in the linked fields why don't they show up in the new record? Try under the "OnCurrent" event Me.combobox1.requery HTH, Nick. "aponne1" wrote: ...

emails to AOL returned
Hi, When I send an email to an AOL address within my outlook address book it is returned, undelivered with this message : Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554-: (HTM:B1) AOL has received many member complaints regarding the?? sender of this email and/or the email content itself.?? AOL will no longer accept email from this sender. 554 TRANSACTION FAILED I have been assured that my emails have not been barred from the reciprients and I do not distribute spam or anything. I have run my anti virus just to make sure there is nothing lurking on my pc and Iam running norton firewall too and I have a ...

Z Report missing sales transactions
Hi We have 42 stores connecting to RMS HQ and stores blind close and then perform a Z Report every morning. When looking at our year end procedures, we have found hundreds of sales transactions over the past year which appear on the detailed sales report but for some reason are not included in the Z Report sales figures. It is usually just 1 or 2 missing items per Z Report. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix? first step of diagnosing would be.. are these sales missing at the store level? or are they only missing at the HQ level? sometimes not all sales are posted...

Shipment entry in PDA
Hello, Is there any 3rd party add on for shipment entry on PDA? Regards, Manick Manick, We are using Symbol MC50s to do this. We also use InfoPath and eConnect (technically we use exERPts from ePartners). The MC50s have scanning capability. Email me if you would like some contact information. Mike "manick" wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any 3rd party add on for shipment entry on PDA? > > Regards, > Manick Thanks Mike. Please forward the details to my email address- manick.m@hotmail.com "MikeWal" wrote: > Manick, > > We are using Sy...

Returning a reference to a control in a form to a query
This is my situation: I have a form that I might use in more than one place, so I don't want to use a fully qualified reference to a control on it within queries on the form. Also, it is fairly deep in the structure and I've never found referencing a control on a deeply nested subform intuitive. So what I want to do is have a function that simply returns something like Me.Control1.Value. The problem is, if I put that function on the form's module where it will know about "Me", it isn't recognized by the query. What's the best way to handle this? Thanks...

Repeating Sales order document!!
On GP 7.0, in SO setup screen there is a box call ALLOW REPEATING DOCUMENTS. What is this function do and how it work. I tried to search for the topic but no luck. Thanks!!! Allow Repeating Documents in Sales Quote Setup: Mark this option if you want to allow documents with this quote ID to repeat. If you mark this option, the Frequency and Times to Repeat fields in the Sales Document Detail Entry window will be enabled and you can enter repeating information as you enter repeating quotes. If you choose to use repeating quotes, you'll have to enter them in a batch so they can ...

Error when forwarding email in Sales outlook Client
Hi, I'm getting an error: "an error has occured please contact your system admin" when I tried to forward an email that has been promoted to CRM in the Sales Outlook client. And, the email is not forwarded because of that error. This error happens once we put a patch in our windows 2003 server that's compatible with Windows xp2 for workstation that runs CRM. After we pt the patch, we re-installed CRM on that server. Before this patch is put, there was no error. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Thank you for your help. Lia Budiman ...

How to select a description in a combo box but return a ID value
I want to give the user to look up (in a combo box) a product by either product number -or- description. If I display direction, how can I force the combo box to return the product ID for the selected description? I have an option box that where the user selects either the product ID or the description as the displayed information in the combo box. Thanks... "Goldar" <Goldar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE0EF50-E734-4578-B993-5807ED99C6AF@microsoft.com... >I want to give the user to look up (in a combo box) a product by either > produ...

Best Super property sale site for you......sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...
The best site for your information all about property sale http://www.superpropertysale.info thanks. ...

Sales For Outlook unable to syncronise with CRM server
I have installed the CRM server and loaded up the sample data for evaluation purposes. I then installed the Sales for Outlook on my PC (No errors during any installation so-far). Now when I try to create an appointment task or e-mail, I get the following error: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- An error occurred while trying to synchronize the appointment information to the Microsoft CRM system. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Is there some configuration I have failed to complete, or does anyone have any ideas about this error? ...

return receipt feature
I have tried to use the return receipt and read mail features in Outlook. . . but I must be doing something wrong. I check the boxes, but I never get a return receipt. I know the e-mail was received as I have received responses. Any ideas??? When the recipient opens the message, it notifies them that a receipt has been requested and asks if they want to send it. I direct people to NEVER send these notifications, and to also not request them from people they send messages to. I also recommend setting Outlook to automatically deny sending receipts without even asking (Tools->Options...

I need to set sales rep ID for a recall to original sales rep??
At our store, we have run into some problems when people return an item in exchange for another item. When the transaction is recalled for return, the salesrepID from the original transaction appears on the returned items, which is what we want. However, the new items added to the transaction have the sales rep ID of the current POS session. In our particular circumstance we want the sales rep ID for the exchanged items to match the sales rep ID for the original transaction. We do not want to different rep IDs on the transaction. I tried to solve this with a customization, here is ...

Validate/Verify entry in MsgBox
I have a button on a form to open a report based on a parameter query. The button activates the parameter query and the parameter msgbox says enter MIL or CIV. I would like to ensure the user spells MIL or CIV correctly so the parameter query runs correctly everytime. The current button code is below. Can you tell me how to add/edit or redo code to force user to spell MIL or CIV correctly. For example with if statement ..If input box <> "CIV" and inputbox <> "MIL" then msgbox "You Must spell MIL or CIV correctly" Private Sub MILCIV...

layaway and sales transaction
Situation: Customer wants to layaway expensive item, but also has small items she wants right away. I seem to be having a hard time figuring the right way to do this. When I tender I thought it would ask me if it's a partial pickup or not , but it doesn't. Instead it wants a deposit on the entire order some of which needs picked up right away. Now I know I can do it in 2 transactions, but is there a way to do it all in one transaction. I require a 50% deposit on layaways. I've been doing this in 2 transactions and adding the totals together for far too long. Please tell me I...

SOP Invoice Customer Name
Is there anyway to have the Bill to Name, different than the Ship to Name? We have instances where we ship to one company and bill a different one. Like a Drop Ship Purchase Order. I have tried the bill to and ship to addresses but it still uses the customer name from the Invoice header. thanks! -- Doug Doug, If all you need is to ship the merchandise to one place and have somebody else pick up the tab, you could perhaps use National Accounts if registered. If not, then you could perhaps use the contact name on the shipto address to capture the company name and expose that to Rep...

mark active cell and return to paste
after macro is run ....i want to run another macro starting in the exact cell that the previous code ended in. mark active cell Range("R4").Select Selection.Copy return to "active cell" ActiveSheet.Paste No need to use select, it is just slowing down the code: Range("R4").Copy ActiveCell or the more descriptive one: Range("R4").Copy Destination:=ActiveCell Regards, Per "J.W. Aldridge" <jeremy.w.aldridge@gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:ade54b7a-3d1d-48ca-bbb6-8c0d730ad380@e7g2000yqf.googlegrou...