Sales Posting to G/L

We have an issue with some history where the G/L drill in on the transactions
do not match what is in the sales drill in for the transaction.  We have the
Invetnory and cost side getting changed and sometimes it puts things into the
inservice account.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
shea (2)

Adam,

Is it possible that prior to posting, someone is changing the account
distribution on the GL batch that is created from the Sales
transaction?

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
7/28/2008 8:55:21 PM
Yes, that's what I would suspect as well.  I know I do this sometimes (with
good reason) but I always put a note on the GL transaction to indicate this
so that if I come across it later on I can see my note and know why the
change was made.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" <fhamelly@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote in
message
> Adam,
>
> Is it possible that prior to posting, someone is changing the account
> distribution on the GL batch that is created from the Sales
> transaction?
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
victoria (3340)

another post on autodiscover.domain.co.uk certificate warnings
Hi, New install of SBS 2008 standard. I have had problems with users getting prompted to accept the autodiscover certificate each time they start outlook. Susan B had advised applying the update 9 for Exchange 2007, this didn't fix it, then to try SP2 for Exchange 2007. This has still not fixed the issue. I think this may be related to users also being unable to set OOO in Outlook and only ia OWA, although even when set there OOO doesn't work. Any ideas please Thanks Simon Sounds like you have a mismatched certificate name and domain name. Did you create any certif...

sales process
In the interest of saving a little time and getting it right does anybody have a sales process template already built that executes the stages of the solution selling process? If so you can you email it to me at: crm at (go away spammers) ibizinitiatives.com Or is it posted someplace on the partner site or int tech support someplace that I haven't found yet? much appreciated. Jerry ibizinitiatives. (spammers go away) com Jerry You can download a tool from Microsoft that allows you to export and import workflow processes between crm serve...

Resource Availability Post Link
Good Morning! We would like the Resource Availability Report to be available to more people via our SharePoint site. When I try to post a link to the report, instead of it showing everyone I had checked, it just shows my availability. Is there a way to post a link to the report as it shows on the screen? I had 5 resources checked and would like that to be what is shown.j Thank you so much for your help! Stacey Your best bet may be to do this with Excel Services - if you have MOSS. Perhaps just an Excel worksheet if you have WSS. Data Analysis views might also get the ...

Test Post from MWeb Technical Support
on behalf of our client. please do not respond. regards MWeb Technical Support Test response from MWeb Technical Support via news.iafrica.com. Original post made via news.mweb.co.za. regards MWeb Technical Support "TechCo Demo MWeb" <techcodemo@mweb.co.za> wrote in message news:78CdnZxj1tePiXvenZ2dnUVZ_sGdnZ2d@is.co.za... > on behalf of our client. > please do not respond. > > regards > > MWeb Technical Support > > Test response from MWeb Technical Support via news.mweb.co.za regards MWeb Technical Support "TechCo Demo MWeb"...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Wednesday, January 12, 2005. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 162 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you ar...

sales Configurator and sales forecast
I am trying to use the sales Configurator in Great Plains in conjunction with the sales forecast. The problem I am running in to is the items in the forecast are the items that make up the configured item, therefore, the item doesn=92t show as a line item on the Sales Order, therefore, not deducted from the sales forecast. I know it's a lot said in one sentence. Forecast item A for 5, B for 3 and C for 2 all in the month of June. Then a sales order for a configured item (Config) has a due date in June calling out A qty 1 and C qty 1. The forecast QTYs for June should be A for 4, B for ...

Short Sale of Options
I'm trying out Money Plus Deluxe (trial version). I can't update my investment account because it's hungup on option transactions. I download info from my investment account and I have an option short sale (sell to open). So I now have this list of transactions to enter into Money, and it hits the short option which is listed something like "CHK Sep 45 Call". It tells me that this item already exists, asks if I want to choose another from the pull-down list above, but the pull-down is grayed out. Then I notice an extra space after "CHK", so I delete one ...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

entering a sales order
I am a struggling first time GP 7.5 user, and have set up my company to a point where I thought I could try to enter a test sales order and follow it through invoicing, etc... GP's help (in Contents section, Sales Order Processing, Transaction Entry, Orders, Entering and Order) says this: To enter an order: Open the Sales Transaction Entry window. (Transactions >> Sales >> Sales Trx Entry) Select Order, and enter or select the ID of the type of order to enter. Enter a document number or accept the default entry. .... and so on.... But when I go to Transaction >>...

Posting Quick Journals
We are experiencing problems posting Quick Journal entries. Our most recent attempt in posting a Quick Journal entry (six line items) took over 40 mins. What I am looking for are some suggestion as to where to look or rather start my search in resolving the problem. We are curently running Gp 8 SP4 and our db Server is SQL 2005 SP2 and our company db is 45GBs. Ingram, The problem may not rely on what you are running, but where you are running it. Have you compared your hardware specs with the Systems Requirements guideline for an environment and company of your size to those of GP? ...

Z Report missing sales transactions
Hi We have 42 stores connecting to RMS HQ and stores blind close and then perform a Z Report every morning. When looking at our year end procedures, we have found hundreds of sales transactions over the past year which appear on the detailed sales report but for some reason are not included in the Z Report sales figures. It is usually just 1 or 2 missing items per Z Report. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix? first step of diagnosing would be.. are these sales missing at the store level? or are they only missing at the HQ level? sometimes not all sales are posted...

Repeating Sales order document!!
On GP 7.0, in SO setup screen there is a box call ALLOW REPEATING DOCUMENTS. What is this function do and how it work. I tried to search for the topic but no luck. Thanks!!! Allow Repeating Documents in Sales Quote Setup: Mark this option if you want to allow documents with this quote ID to repeat. If you mark this option, the Frequency and Times to Repeat fields in the Sales Document Detail Entry window will be enabled and you can enter repeating information as you enter repeating quotes. If you choose to use repeating quotes, you'll have to enter them in a batch so they can ...

Error when forwarding email in Sales outlook Client
Hi, I'm getting an error: "an error has occured please contact your system admin" when I tried to forward an email that has been promoted to CRM in the Sales Outlook client. And, the email is not forwarded because of that error. This error happens once we put a patch in our windows 2003 server that's compatible with Windows xp2 for workstation that runs CRM. After we pt the patch, we re-installed CRM on that server. Before this patch is put, there was no error. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Thank you for your help. Lia Budiman ...

Best Super property sale site for you......sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...
The best site for your information all about property sale http://www.superpropertysale.info thanks. ...

Sales For Outlook unable to syncronise with CRM server
I have installed the CRM server and loaded up the sample data for evaluation purposes. I then installed the Sales for Outlook on my PC (No errors during any installation so-far). Now when I try to create an appointment task or e-mail, I get the following error: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- An error occurred while trying to synchronize the appointment information to the Microsoft CRM system. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Is there some configuration I have failed to complete, or does anyone have any ideas about this error? ...

Printing post cards
Is it possible to print to a single post card with publisher or do you need to always print to mutlple card sheets? I have been doing this for years with print shop with ease bnut publisher doesn't appear to be able to. Setup the page manually... Custom, input 5.5 x 4.25. If you are using a whole page of cards and only want to print one, set your page for landscape, arrange, two rows, two columns. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dspears" <dspears@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

I need to set sales rep ID for a recall to original sales rep??
At our store, we have run into some problems when people return an item in exchange for another item. When the transaction is recalled for return, the salesrepID from the original transaction appears on the returned items, which is what we want. However, the new items added to the transaction have the sales rep ID of the current POS session. In our particular circumstance we want the sales rep ID for the exchanged items to match the sales rep ID for the original transaction. We do not want to different rep IDs on the transaction. I tried to solve this with a customization, here is ...

layaway and sales transaction
Situation: Customer wants to layaway expensive item, but also has small items she wants right away. I seem to be having a hard time figuring the right way to do this. When I tender I thought it would ask me if it's a partial pickup or not , but it doesn't. Instead it wants a deposit on the entire order some of which needs picked up right away. Now I know I can do it in 2 transactions, but is there a way to do it all in one transaction. I require a 50% deposit on layaways. I've been doing this in 2 transactions and adding the totals together for far too long. Please tell me I...

Workflow and Sales Processes
Hello! I am struggling with some CRM workflow issues. For instance, when a proposal is created from an opportunity, I'd like to automatically change the opportunity's sales stage. For some reason, I can't figure out how to determine if a proposal is related to an opportunity and therefore change it's stage! Other issues I'd like to address but can't figure out include closing activities when it's promoted to a response. Any idea? Am I trying to do things that the workflow manager can't handle? Thank you! In the sales process you would have an activity i...

Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , #2
Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , http://shopforless.itgo.com/ Camera Sale -Nikon , Canon, Minolta , Sony ,Xcam2 , Fujifilm , from $50 -up for the top brands http://shopforless.itgo.com/ ...

Looking for Receipt Help
I have modified some of our receipts and reports but need some help with this one please. I want to remove the Black Bar which appears behind the words "Sales Receipt" and "You Saved $ amount". I found the words for "You Saved" but not the other, believe it's the Transaction.ReceiptReferenceName though. I see nothing that has Black Bar anywhere. I know there is a report in the reports section but I have made other changes that I don't want to lose. I tried to find the difference between that report and mine where is says "You Saved" but ...

Baffled
I'm trying to understand something in my reports. If I subtract the "Total Change" from "Total Tendered" in a given batch, I would expect it to equal the total sales for that batch, but it isn't working out that way!?! Total Tendered - Total Change <> Total Sales (Why?) Could anyone out there explain to me what could be going on? Thanks, James B. If you have sales "On Account" those are not included in total tendered ( I think ) If you have payments on account or payments on layaways they are not included in total sales I don't beli...

Payroll Posting Setup
The payroll posting account setup function in Great Plains is extremely cumbersome, so we would like to maintain the data on an Excel spreadsheet and when changes are made import the file into Great Plains. This raises a few questions. One, is this a single table within Great Plains? Two, what is the name of the table? Three, is anyone else doing this or are there some strong reasons not to attempt this? Thanks, Bruce UPR40500 is the table. You will need to use GL00105 for the account index, which is stored in the table instead of the account string. I think this is a great ide...

Sales Tax #3
I have an issue where SOP Orders keyed in 2004 are not updating to 2005 tax schedules! Does anyone know how to force these to update the tax schedule without having to rekey them? Thanks in Advance! ------=_NextPart_0001_4D24CD5C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Glen, Unfortunately once the documents are posted in the system the only way to correct this would be to create a return to back out the original documents (2004), and then reenter new documents with the correct dates (2005). Thank you, Angela This posting is provided "AS IS" with no...

Sales Rep Sales Report
We are trying to review transactions by sales reps to look for annomolies so we can take action to correct potential traning issues. We have one store where the store manager is questioning an employee over the number of returns that orginate from her sales. She may be pressuring customers to purchase without attempting to qualify their needs. Ultimately a list of items sold and items returned that were credited to a specific sales rep is what we need. Other than using Crystal Reports any ideas? -- Many thanks Jack Master This should be a relatively easy report to create - either as a...