Sales/Invoice in Receivables Transaction Entry vs Sales Transaction Entry

Seems confusing to me that there are two places to enter Sales
Invoices. What=92s the difference?

Thanks
JDM

Jimmy,

The difference is simple. SOP is integrated with Inventory while Receivables
Transaction Entry is not. In SOP TRX entry, you have advanced options in
terms of booking sales by items, Sales Fulfillment and so on. Receivables TRX
entry is mostly used for services or miscellaneous invoices. Here is also the
place where you can adjust the debtor balances through raising a credit/debit
memo, finance charge and so on.
--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"JimmyDarkMoon" wrote:

> Seems confusing to me that there are two places to enter Sales
> Invoices. What’s the difference?
>
> Thanks
> JDM

0
janakirammp (688)
7/6/2009 5:24:01 PM
>On Jul 6, 1:24=A0pm, Janakiram M.P. <janakira...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for responding.  I'm trying to understand GP.

> Receivables TRX  entry is mostly used for services...
But you can setup an item type as a service and still go thru Sales
Transaction Entry right?  So the Sale/Invoice choice in Receivables
Transaction Entry is still confusing.  What would be a Misc. Invoice?

Actually, there are 3 places: SOP, Invoicing, and Receivables Management. You
can add 1 more place if using Project Accounting.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"JimmyDarkMoon" wrote:

> Seems confusing to me that there are two places to enter Sales
> Invoices. What’s the difference?
>
> Thanks
> JDM

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/6/2009 6:24:01 PM
Generally speaking, if you have to deal with items and warehouses you are
looking at SOP and you are right, there will be no need to enter invoices in
Receivables Management.

You will enter other documents in receivables to adjust a customer's balance
for non-product returns, for example, issuing a credit memo to the customer.

Best regards,
--

"JimmyDarkMoon" wrote:

> >On Jul 6, 1:24 pm, Janakiram M.P. <janakira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for responding.  I'm trying to understand GP.
>
> > Receivables TRX  entry is mostly used for services...
> But you can setup an item type as a service and still go thru Sales
> Transaction Entry right?  So the Sale/Invoice choice in Receivables
> Transaction Entry is still confusing.  What would be a Misc. Invoice?

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/6/2009 6:46:01 PM
But you CANNOT process inventory and track quantities in RM Invoicing.  So if
you need to track inventory, use SOP and the Misc Items, Fixed Fee, Service
Items for non-inventory entries on the SOP transaction.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"JimmyDarkMoon" wrote:

> >On Jul 6, 1:24 pm, Janakiram M.P. <janakira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for responding.  I'm trying to understand GP.
>
> > Receivables TRX  entry is mostly used for services...
> But you can setup an item type as a service and still go thru Sales
> Transaction Entry right?  So the Sale/Invoice choice in Receivables
> Transaction Entry is still confusing.  What would be a Misc. Invoice?

0
info4071 (3004)
7/7/2009 12:01:01 AM
Is it true that "Sales -> Invoice Entry " option soon will be replaced by
"Sales Transaction Entry"  only-?  I got this info from our GP consultant.
We just started using GP and we are using the Invoice Entry window and they
told us it's better to use the "Sales-Transaction Entry" instead.  We are an
insurance Brokerage company, so we don't deal with any inventory, we are a
strictly service company...

Please advise.

Thank you

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Jimmy,
>
> The difference is simple. SOP is integrated with Inventory while Receivables
> Transaction Entry is not. In SOP TRX entry, you have advanced options in
> terms of booking sales by items, Sales Fulfillment and so on. Receivables TRX
> entry is mostly used for services or miscellaneous invoices. Here is also the
> place where you can adjust the debtor balances through raising a credit/debit
> memo, finance charge and so on.
> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP
> partner forums at
> http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
>

> "JimmyDarkMoon" wrote:
>
> > Seems confusing to me that there are two places to enter Sales
> > Invoices. What’s the difference?
> >
> > Thanks
> > JDM

0
Harry (77)
7/16/2009 3:13:03 PM
I have not heard that.  In the past, to use SOP a firm would need to purchase
SOP and Inventory which added cost if they were only a service company (like
you).  Today under Business Ready Licensing you get those modules
automatically so you may as well use them.  There is considerable additioinal
flexibility and options but the SOP is also easy to use if you don't need the
options.  You have simple recurring billing as well.
--

"Harry" wrote:

> Is it true that "Sales -> Invoice Entry " option soon will be replaced by
> "Sales Transaction Entry"  only-?  I got this info from our GP consultant.
> We just started using GP and we are using the Invoice Entry window and they
> told us it's better to use the "Sales-Transaction Entry" instead.  We are an
> insurance Brokerage company, so we don't deal with any inventory, we are a
> strictly service company...
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Janakiram M.P." wrote:
>
> > Jimmy,
> >
> > The difference is simple. SOP is integrated with Inventory while Receivables
> > Transaction Entry is not. In SOP TRX entry, you have advanced options in
> > terms of booking sales by items, Sales Fulfillment and so on. Receivables TRX
> > entry is mostly used for services or miscellaneous invoices. Here is also the
> > place where you can adjust the debtor balances through raising a credit/debit
> > memo, finance charge and so on.
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Janakiram M.P.
> > MCP-GP
> > Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP
> > partner forums at
> > http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
> >

> > "JimmyDarkMoon" wrote:
> >
> > > Seems confusing to me that there are two places to enter Sales
> > > Invoices. What’s the difference?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > JDM

0
info4071 (3004)

Help with sending and receiving mail
I'm working on a Exchange rollout and had a question. We are using Exchange 2003 and will be pulling mail from the ISP's POP3 server using a 3rd party program that downloads the mail from the pop server and puts it into the users Exchange mailbox. Unfortunately, this migration from users POP3 local mail client will take several days to hit everyone in the company. The domain name is lets say domainA.com. If I migrate a user, and they try to send an email to another internal user that hasn't been migrated to exchange yet, I'm assuming exchange will kick back a could not de...

cannot receive incoming messages in one of my 2 mail boxes
Hello out there I've used my 2 e mail bowes with OE for years without any problem. For the past week it's been total silence from one of my two OE mail boxes. No incoming mails whatsoever,but I can send mails from it. I'm awaiting important mails which have apparently been sent correctly. I've even tested sending mails to it from my other (functionning) mailbox. But nothing arrives. Can anyone suggest anything? Moira moira hamon wrote: > Hello out there > > I've used my 2 e mail bowes with OE This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2...

Image backup/rstore vs. clean install/all-file-backup/restore
A general question: Chris Quirke writes: "It's a good idea to make a partition image backup of your XP installation before you start, using something like BING. Simply copying off every file is not enough, because unlike Windows 9x, XP will not work when copied in this way." If there is no partitin image, would it be sufficient to do a clean install of XP Gold, and then copy over the file-by-file backup of, for example, XP with SP3 installed. Wouldn't that leave everything bootable, etc. and give the same results as an image restore? mm wrote: > A gener...

How to Delete and change The Transaction(invoice)
I want to know that how I can change and delete the particular individual recorded transaction.Please advise. Regards Saleem Suri You can VOID the transaction by using F11 - Recall. There's really no way to delete a transaction once it is tendered - Voids and returns just create reversing transactions to zero out inventory and tender changes. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the infor...

sales Configurator and sales forecast
I am trying to use the sales Configurator in Great Plains in conjunction with the sales forecast. The problem I am running in to is the items in the forecast are the items that make up the configured item, therefore, the item doesn=92t show as a line item on the Sales Order, therefore, not deducted from the sales forecast. I know it's a lot said in one sentence. Forecast item A for 5, B for 3 and C for 2 all in the month of June. Then a sales order for a configured item (Config) has a due date in June calling out A qty 1 and C qty 1. The forecast QTYs for June should be A for 4, B for ...

Unknown Items Just Disappears when UPC Scanned on the Transaction Screen
Unknown Items Just Disappears when UPC Scanned on the Transaction Screen Our New scanners are not reading extended Barcodes like the old scanner (new scanners are all symbols - 9200 or Cyclones) Question 1. Is there a way to make the FIND window appear when an unknown item is scanned or entered? Or is there an option in RMS to turn this off? Question 2 Does anyone know what CODE to enable on the Symbols so that UPC's with "2495" (for a $24.95 Item) embedded at the end scan? Thanks for any help I believe under options you can have the find window pop up "ParkRanger&...

sales process
In the interest of saving a little time and getting it right does anybody have a sales process template already built that executes the stages of the solution selling process? If so you can you email it to me at: crm at (go away spammers) ibizinitiatives.com Or is it posted someplace on the partner site or int tech support someplace that I haven't found yet? much appreciated. Jerry ibizinitiatives. (spammers go away) com Jerry You can download a tool from Microsoft that allows you to export and import workflow processes between crm serve...

Non Inventory Item in Invoicing
for non-inventory item entered in Trx>Sales>Invoicing, the edit list show error: One or more line items containing error. what is the minimum posting a/c that need to be set for non-inventory items? thks In Posting Accounts setup, Sales series, you need to set the account for Non-Inventoried Items. However, some companies choose to leave this account blank in Posting Accounts Setup to force account selection at transaction processing time because different accounts may need to be used based on different non-inventory items. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoas...

Short Sale of Options
I'm trying out Money Plus Deluxe (trial version). I can't update my investment account because it's hungup on option transactions. I download info from my investment account and I have an option short sale (sell to open). So I now have this list of transactions to enter into Money, and it hits the short option which is listed something like "CHK Sep 45 Call". It tells me that this item already exists, asks if I want to choose another from the pull-down list above, but the pull-down is grayed out. Then I notice an extra space after "CHK", so I delete one ...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

Best chart to show quarterly forecast vs budget
Hi guys, Could you please give me your suggestions on what would be the best chart to show quarterly forecast to budget for multiple departments? Thanks, Andrea I would use a multiple bar comparitor to do that. It is the 3D bar graph that has one bar in front of the other bar. "andrrea" wrote: > Hi guys, > > Could you please give me your suggestions on what would be the best chart to > show quarterly forecast to budget for multiple departments? > > Thanks, > Andrea Thanks! Any other advice? "andrrea" wrote: > Hi guys, > > Could yo...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive
Currently using SBS 2003 with win xp pro clients, also using office 2003 pro. The problem is the junk e-mail filter only works in cached mode. When Outlook is running in cached mode, it will send messages immediately but receive immediately and only if you select the send/receive button. Then if you tell it to perform the send/receive function every 1 minute, but also to send messages immmediately it only does the send/receive feature every 1 minute. If you create a new message it sits in the outbox until you wait 1 minute or hit the send/recieve button. I need outlook to run i...

entering a sales order
I am a struggling first time GP 7.5 user, and have set up my company to a point where I thought I could try to enter a test sales order and follow it through invoicing, etc... GP's help (in Contents section, Sales Order Processing, Transaction Entry, Orders, Entering and Order) says this: To enter an order: Open the Sales Transaction Entry window. (Transactions >> Sales >> Sales Trx Entry) Select Order, and enter or select the ID of the type of order to enter. Enter a document number or accept the default entry. .... and so on.... But when I go to Transaction >>...

WHY CAN I RECEIVE BUT NOT SEND IN OUTLOOK 2003 FROM A NEW DELL COMPUTER? pLEASE HELP
i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with lowered settings. DSL is not the problem I don't think. I can send out via an alternate gmail pop account and in Outlook Express. This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours of use of my computer. I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox. I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can send email. I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is resear...

Z Report missing sales transactions
Hi We have 42 stores connecting to RMS HQ and stores blind close and then perform a Z Report every morning. When looking at our year end procedures, we have found hundreds of sales transactions over the past year which appear on the detailed sales report but for some reason are not included in the Z Report sales figures. It is usually just 1 or 2 missing items per Z Report. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix? first step of diagnosing would be.. are these sales missing at the store level? or are they only missing at the HQ level? sometimes not all sales are posted...

Lost emails received on 'new computer' prior to 'Easy Transfer'
How do I recover emails received in 'Microsoft Outlook' on my new computer, which have disappeared using 'Windows Easy Transfer' to transfer contents of 'Outlook Express' from old computer? "tonypleione" <tonypleione@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A770CF64-5841-41E1-9BA0-145F6BE6518D@microsoft.com... > How do I recover emails received in 'Microsoft Outlook' on my new > computer, > which have disappeared using 'Windows Easy Transfer' to transfer contents > of > 'Outlook Express' fr...

Shipment entry in PDA
Hello, Is there any 3rd party add on for shipment entry on PDA? Regards, Manick Manick, We are using Symbol MC50s to do this. We also use InfoPath and eConnect (technically we use exERPts from ePartners). The MC50s have scanning capability. Email me if you would like some contact information. Mike "manick" wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any 3rd party add on for shipment entry on PDA? > > Regards, > Manick Thanks Mike. Please forward the details to my email address- manick.m@hotmail.com "MikeWal" wrote: > Manick, > > We are using Sy...

When I send an E-Mail, I also receive the one I sent in my inbox
It's the weirdest thing I've seen. When I send an e-mail to someone, it will show up in my inbox right away even though I did not send it to myself. if anyone has any idea what is happening I sure would appreciate a fix for this. (it fills up my inbox fast.) Thank you, Steve Hi, It seems like there is some problem with the Server. Contact the ISP and see if they can help you out . Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Confused" <demolay@telus.net> wrote in message news:276501c3fc93$b2565420$a501280a@phx.gbl... > It's the weirdest thing I'...

wrong payee associates with downloaded transactions
When something goes wrong and a wrong payee gets assocaited with a downloaed amount, it seems to stick. Where can you edit the assocation onformation? For instance every time I shop at home depot, the transaction comes through as 17767 XXXX street... Money decided some time back that this was a Comcast cable bill, and every time I download a transaction from Home Depot it appears in the register as Comcast. Any help appreciated.. ...

Repeating Sales order document!!
On GP 7.0, in SO setup screen there is a box call ALLOW REPEATING DOCUMENTS. What is this function do and how it work. I tried to search for the topic but no luck. Thanks!!! Allow Repeating Documents in Sales Quote Setup: Mark this option if you want to allow documents with this quote ID to repeat. If you mark this option, the Frequency and Times to Repeat fields in the Sales Document Detail Entry window will be enabled and you can enter repeating information as you enter repeating quotes. If you choose to use repeating quotes, you'll have to enter them in a batch so they can ...

Error when forwarding email in Sales outlook Client
Hi, I'm getting an error: "an error has occured please contact your system admin" when I tried to forward an email that has been promoted to CRM in the Sales Outlook client. And, the email is not forwarded because of that error. This error happens once we put a patch in our windows 2003 server that's compatible with Windows xp2 for workstation that runs CRM. After we pt the patch, we re-installed CRM on that server. Before this patch is put, there was no error. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Thank you for your help. Lia Budiman ...

Best Super property sale site for you......sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...
The best site for your information all about property sale http://www.superpropertysale.info thanks. ...

Invoice Matching by receipt number
Some of our clients using Great Plains are always invoiced according to shipment received, so they typically are matching against a shipment receipt rather than the PO number. It would be great if in the left pane of the invoice matching window you can choose to match by the receipt number ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-ba...

EDST
What exactly is the difference in how the Exchange tool handles recurring VS single instance appointments? What will a user see? Also, it's looking like it's going to make the most sense to run this tool on the final weekend before the time change, as it appears ultimately Outlook will handle appointments created BEFORE running the tool differently than appointments created AFTER running the tool. Opinions and experience? Thanks! Depending on number of users, it may make more sense to run it the weekend before, to benefit from any changes in tools or new best practices &am...

Sales For Outlook unable to syncronise with CRM server
I have installed the CRM server and loaded up the sample data for evaluation purposes. I then installed the Sales for Outlook on my PC (No errors during any installation so-far). Now when I try to create an appointment task or e-mail, I get the following error: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- An error occurred while trying to synchronize the appointment information to the Microsoft CRM system. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Is there some configuration I have failed to complete, or does anyone have any ideas about this error? ...