Sale of Manufactured Lot Controlled Item did not relieve inventory

GP v9 on SQL 2000 with Manufacturing and Nolan Advanced SOP modules:

We created a new lot controlled item then received it into a new lot
through an MRC. The inventory when from zero to the 25KG created by
the receipt.

All on hand was immediately sold through a Sales Order and subsequent
invoice.

The inventory still shows the 25KG, not zero.

The Sales Document, Inventory Transactions and Serial/Lot Trace
inquiry screens all show normally (i.e., there is a receipt for 25KG,
and a Sale for 25KG, for the lot in question). Transactions flowing to
the G/L are normal (i.e. all the sales, revenue, inventory, etc
accounts transactions are OK).

However the Available to Promise inquiry still shows 25KG in
inventory.

I've run check links on all Inventory/Sales tables as well as an
Inventory Reconcile , to no effect.

Can anyone shed light on what might have happened ? And, more
importantly, how do I fix the problem? Inventory Adjustment?
0
KenD

Normally reconciling the Inventory resolves such issues, I would void the
transactions and have it entered again to make sure it did the right effect
on your balances.
--
Regards,
--

"KenD" <kdenman@targray.com> wrote in message
> GP v9 on SQL 2000 with Manufacturing and Nolan Advanced SOP modules:
>
> We created a new lot controlled item then received it into a new lot
> through an MRC. The inventory when from zero to the 25KG created by
> the receipt.
>
> All on hand was immediately sold through a Sales Order and subsequent
> invoice.
>
> The inventory still shows the 25KG, not zero.
>
> The Sales Document, Inventory Transactions and Serial/Lot Trace
> inquiry screens all show normally (i.e., there is a receipt for 25KG,
> and a Sale for 25KG, for the lot in question). Transactions flowing to
> the G/L are normal (i.e. all the sales, revenue, inventory, etc
> accounts transactions are OK).
>
> However the Available to Promise inquiry still shows 25KG in
> inventory.
>
> I've run check links on all Inventory/Sales tables as well as an
> Inventory Reconcile , to no effect.
>
> Can anyone shed light on what might have happened ? And, more
> importantly, how do I fix the problem? Inventory Adjustment?

0
Mohammad

Printing labels for an Assembly item
RMS 2.0 - We've created and Assembly item that includes two separate pieces to be sold together. We want to be able to sell these items as one piece, but need to order them as separate pieces. When we sell the one piece, we need the inventory to detract from each item quantity separately. We've set up an Assembly item to do this. But, now we cannot figure out how to print a barcode label for the Assembly item set up. Is there a way to do this? Nope. RMS cannot print a label for an assembly item. I wish I had better news, but that's the facts. Pathetic, but true. You...

Film strip control
Is there a film strip control for MFC? If so, which one would you recommend? What do you mean by Film strip, what does a film strip control do? AliR. "Charles Tam" <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:323F5284-11E5-4E2D-99A7-D6869B6D6739@microsoft.com... > Is there a film strip control for MFC? If so, which one would you > recommend? If you're looking for something like: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/web-image/CatalogViewPhotoGallery.aspx?df=100&forumid=226590&exp=0&select=1487087 I've never seen one, but there is...

Document Control
Anyone know of a good Document Control software that either works best with MSCRM? I don't expect full integration,....... thanks, Gary Hello! I don'tknow exactly what you mean, but have you looked at www.mscrm-addons.com We have a Add-On which allows you to add documents(files) to CRM Objects(Leads,Contacts,Accounts,..). If this is what you are seeking for go to www.mscrm-addons.com and download the "RelatedDocuments for MSCRM" Add On best regards -- Ternek support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCalendar for ...

sales process
In the interest of saving a little time and getting it right does anybody have a sales process template already built that executes the stages of the solution selling process? If so you can you email it to me at: crm at (go away spammers) ibizinitiatives.com Or is it posted someplace on the partner site or int tech support someplace that I haven't found yet? much appreciated. Jerry ibizinitiatives. (spammers go away) com Jerry You can download a tool from Microsoft that allows you to export and import workflow processes between crm serve...

GP 8
We have several old items that currently need to be deleted. We created a script to delete all but about 200 of the 1600 inventory items that need to be deleted. Most of them deleted fine (some required adjustment of quantities), but I'm stuck with the last 200 items. When I try to delete the problem items, I get the following error message: "The item exists on a document and cannot be deleted." The items haven't been used for quite a long time (several years). I've deleted all of the old orders and quotes from 12-31-04 and before, but this hasn't fixed the pr...

Exchange Server 2003 SP1
I am getting them in the MDB Data directory, in the old ver of exchange server I used to delete these when I ran eseutil. Now I don't need to run eseutil for maintenance so can I still delete these text files? Names are : E00047A0 all 5,120kb, look like old outputs but are all modified today. Any advice would be welcome as they are taking up 17Gb at this stage? Run a full, online Exch aware backup to clear your trans logs. Never delete them manually. On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:23:02 -0800, Ciaran Magee - CPL <Ciaran Magee - CPL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am getting t...

Unknown Items Just Disappears when UPC Scanned on the Transaction Screen
Unknown Items Just Disappears when UPC Scanned on the Transaction Screen Our New scanners are not reading extended Barcodes like the old scanner (new scanners are all symbols - 9200 or Cyclones) Question 1. Is there a way to make the FIND window appear when an unknown item is scanned or entered? Or is there an option in RMS to turn this off? Question 2 Does anyone know what CODE to enable on the Symbols so that UPC's with "2495" (for a $24.95 Item) embedded at the end scan? Thanks for any help I believe under options you can have the find window pop up "ParkRanger&...

sales Configurator and sales forecast
I am trying to use the sales Configurator in Great Plains in conjunction with the sales forecast. The problem I am running in to is the items in the forecast are the items that make up the configured item, therefore, the item doesn=92t show as a line item on the Sales Order, therefore, not deducted from the sales forecast. I know it's a lot said in one sentence. Forecast item A for 5, B for 3 and C for 2 all in the month of June. Then a sales order for a configured item (Config) has a due date in June calling out A qty 1 and C qty 1. The forecast QTYs for June should be A for 4, B for ...

Non Inventory Item in Invoicing
for non-inventory item entered in Trx>Sales>Invoicing, the edit list show error: One or more line items containing error. what is the minimum posting a/c that need to be set for non-inventory items? thks In Posting Accounts setup, Sales series, you need to set the account for Non-Inventoried Items. However, some companies choose to leave this account blank in Posting Accounts Setup to force account selection at transaction processing time because different accounts may need to be used based on different non-inventory items. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoas...

Shortcuts - Folders
Our firm just upgraded to 2010. I had to re-create the shortcuts. In the main shortcut folder (the first one), I am unable to save the "Sent Items" folder. When I exit and reopen Outlook, that particular folder is gone and I have to add it again. Suggestions? ...

Short Sale of Options
I'm trying out Money Plus Deluxe (trial version). I can't update my investment account because it's hungup on option transactions. I download info from my investment account and I have an option short sale (sell to open). So I now have this list of transactions to enter into Money, and it hits the short option which is listed something like "CHK Sep 45 Call". It tells me that this item already exists, asks if I want to choose another from the pull-down list above, but the pull-down is grayed out. Then I notice an extra space after "CHK", so I delete one ...

how to embed a control in XML Document

Help im lost voice control
Due circumstances beyond my control i have found myself trapped with an odd combination of Office 2k7 - which dropped voice control/dictation support and WinXP which does not have the corresponding features of voice control. Anyone have any suggestions to regain voice control in office without third party products? Is this working? "jmansurf" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:%23dNLYJNlKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Due circumstances beyond my control i have found myself trapped with an > odd combination of Office 2k7 - which dropped voice control/dic...

Exchanging items (return and sale in one transaction)
Is is possible to return and sell an item in the same transaction? For example, a customer wants to return clothing in one size and get the same item in another size. There is no price difference. Is there any problem with recalling the original transaction for return and then scanning the right size item in that same transaction? Also, is it possible to return one or more item and simultaneously buy one or more items with different prices/total costs? RMS Help file doesn't have information on this. ______________________________________________________ Larry Leveen OlyBikes Bikes...

entering a sales order
I am a struggling first time GP 7.5 user, and have set up my company to a point where I thought I could try to enter a test sales order and follow it through invoicing, etc... GP's help (in Contents section, Sales Order Processing, Transaction Entry, Orders, Entering and Order) says this: To enter an order: Open the Sales Transaction Entry window. (Transactions >> Sales >> Sales Trx Entry) Select Order, and enter or select the ID of the type of order to enter. Enter a document number or accept the default entry. .... and so on.... But when I go to Transaction >>...

Inventory Transfer In
Hi We are having a problem with requesting "Transfers IN" between our stores. Ex) -Store A requests stock from store B by filling out a "transfer inventory IN" order.(we select Inter-Store, Set transfer from = Store B, and Ship To = Store A) -We then select the product and hit ok. -RMS automatically generates an order number. We hit ok and its done. When client connects to store A it says uploaded Purchase Order, but not Inter Store inventory Transfer. When I look in HQ the Transfer is in there, it says open, there is a transfer to number but not a transfer from ...

Returning a reference to a control in a form to a query
This is my situation: I have a form that I might use in more than one place, so I don't want to use a fully qualified reference to a control on it within queries on the form. Also, it is fairly deep in the structure and I've never found referencing a control on a deeply nested subform intuitive. So what I want to do is have a function that simply returns something like Me.Control1.Value. The problem is, if I put that function on the form's module where it will know about "Me", it isn't recognized by the query. What's the best way to handle this? Thanks...

Z Report missing sales transactions
Hi We have 42 stores connecting to RMS HQ and stores blind close and then perform a Z Report every morning. When looking at our year end procedures, we have found hundreds of sales transactions over the past year which appear on the detailed sales report but for some reason are not included in the Z Report sales figures. It is usually just 1 or 2 missing items per Z Report. Any ideas what causes this and how to fix? first step of diagnosing would be.. are these sales missing at the store level? or are they only missing at the HQ level? sometimes not all sales are posted...

A97 to A2002 common controls
I converted an A97 app to A2002 and it runs fine except --- One of the forms had an animation control. It ran fine under Win98. All the new machines are WinXP. On some of them the animation runs fine and seems to be using Common Controls 6.0 (SP3) I did not install that. I guess it was just there. On other XP machines I get an error saying the (animation) control is empty. No matter what version of the common controls I attempt to install on these machines, the only version of the animation control available when I click "Insert|ActiveX" is version 5. I've tried unregisteri...

Inventory cONTROL
I am looking for a simple inventory program. I am rebuilding an airplane and need a system for tracking parts and hardware. Anyone have any ideas? CW ...

Repeating Sales order document!!
On GP 7.0, in SO setup screen there is a box call ALLOW REPEATING DOCUMENTS. What is this function do and how it work. I tried to search for the topic but no luck. Thanks!!! Allow Repeating Documents in Sales Quote Setup: Mark this option if you want to allow documents with this quote ID to repeat. If you mark this option, the Frequency and Times to Repeat fields in the Sales Document Detail Entry window will be enabled and you can enter repeating information as you enter repeating quotes. If you choose to use repeating quotes, you'll have to enter them in a batch so they can ...

SQL query to break down parent item to child item
I wants to create a SQL query to break all parent item into child item when run. please advice.. I have something here but seems not working, could someone help to create this? Thanks. create view vparent as select i.id, i.itemlookupcode as ParentILC, i.quantity as ParentInstock, from item i where i.id in (select parentitem from item where parentitem = 0) create view vchild as select i.itemlookupcode, i.description, vparent.ParentInstock * i.parentquantity as ParentQty, cast(vparent.ParentInstock * i.parentquantity as ParentQty) as CalculatedQTY from item i INNER J...

Error when forwarding email in Sales outlook Client
Hi, I'm getting an error: "an error has occured please contact your system admin" when I tried to forward an email that has been promoted to CRM in the Sales Outlook client. And, the email is not forwarded because of that error. This error happens once we put a patch in our windows 2003 server that's compatible with Windows xp2 for workstation that runs CRM. After we pt the patch, we re-installed CRM on that server. Before this patch is put, there was no error. Has anybody experienced the same problem? Thank you for your help. Lia Budiman ...

Best Super property sale site for you......sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...sale...
The best site for your information all about property sale http://www.superpropertysale.info thanks. ...

Display a bmp when you mouse over a control
Is it possible to have a .bmp display when you mouse over a control? I have saved the help screens from another application to seperate files and would like to display them when you mouse over a control. This would be exactly like every control on this page. For example, when you mouse over the GO button this message appears "Click to search". Ther are probably other ways to do this, but here's one: Place the bmp on the form and set the Visible property to NO. On the MouseOver event of the GO Button: Me![MyBmp].Visible = True Place rectangle around the Go Button. On the Mo...