runtime error '5' invalid procedure call or argument

hi!

We had successfully generated the frx report in drilldown viewer with no
errors. However, when we export it to excel the error 'Run-time error '5'
Invalid procedure call or argument' appeared. I have checked the formats and
there's nothing wrong with it. It is FRx 6.5 with the latest service pack
installed (sp7).

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks,

Mel

0
Mel1 (144)

Listbox Itemdata editable at runtime?
I have a listbox with data populated from a SQL Server 2000 database table. I have a subform that works like editbox for the record selected on the listbox. I am trying to make the listbox values be updated when data is changed and the record is updated from subform. I am doing this in the subform's afterupdate event: Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() Me.Parent.lstORServiceLevelApprovals.ItemData(6, lIndex) = fieldvalue End Sub Here the lIndex is presaved listindex of the listbox in mainform and the fieldvalue is value of the bonded field value on subform same as column 6 of the l...

How to keep a Variable alive after a Call to Sub Routine
XL 2003 Placed Public TextVar As Variant at beginning of Module Dim TextVar as Variant (in 1st proceedure) Then Dim TextVar as Variant (in 2nd proceedure) Then Dim TextVar as Variant (in both proceedures) "TextVar" is is set with 400+ Text characters and carries that value until the "End Sub" of the 2nd procedure. When I attempt to use TextVar in the 1st Procedure, its value is "Empty" Yes, I know about the 255 limit for Strings is it also true for Variants? Is that limit blowing my variable? If so, is there a workaround? Thanks, Dennis ...

error on save
i am using publisher 2003 and when i try to save the project i am working on, i am getting an error "cannot create a temporary working file" anyone have any idea what or why this is? thanks. NEVER MIND - I FOUND A FIX FOR THIS. THANKS! "AL" wrote: > i am using publisher 2003 and when i try to save the project i am working on, > i am getting an error "cannot create a temporary working file" anyone have > any idea what or why this is? thanks. Have you looked to see *where* you're saving this file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

Creating ToolBar at runtime
hai I am Working in VC++ and I need to create Toolbars at Run Time but I have no Idea how to Start and where to look into could any one help me -praveen When you create a doc/view application using the wizard, it creates the code which creates a toolbar at run time. I am not sure if thats what you are asking. If you mean that you need to provide the bitmaps and button info at run time, you can do that as well. Take a look at CToolBar class. It has bunch of methods including setting all properties at run time, including image lists, button info etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra...

protection error
I have a problem with protection tool in excel. I set protection to worksheet, but it had not applied to whole sheet. Some parts can still be editing. Why protection does not applied to whole worksheet? How can I fix it? Could you help me please? Thanks, The cells on the sheet that can still be edited are probably not "Locked". Select one of those cells and use Format --> Cells and go to the [Protection] tab. If the check box next to "Locked" is empty, it means that the cell may be edited even when the sheet is protected. "Selen" wrot...

"Edit List Items" on runtime?
I have some database forms in Access 2007 set up so that when I use a combo box control, a little button shows up at the bottom that says "Edit List Items." When I click this, it opens up the form behind the combo box and lets me add a new item. When I give this form to my coworker using the Access 2007 Runtime though, these Edit List Items buttons don't show up. Is there a way I can make them visible on the runtime? Or an alternative to let them add a new list item? Thanks, Joel ...

Right margin cannot be changed from .5
I have a diagram that I'm printing on a 4 x 6 card. The right margin is set at 0.5, and I need to set it to .1 or .2 in order to get the entire diagram printed and centered. Every time I change it, it simply goes back to 0.5. The margin is a function of the printer. It appears your printer can not print a margin less than 0.5 in. Try adjusting the paper guides on the printer to compensate for the margin. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.o...

can i load bitmap in runtime in MFC?Thanks
I created a Picture control on a dialog and use CFileDialog to get the BMP filepath, then how to load the selected BMP to the Picture control? Thanks pcserver wrote: > I created a Picture control on a dialog > and use CFileDialog to get the BMP filepath, then how to load the selected > BMP to the Picture control? > > Thanks > > CStatic control is able to show bitmaps. Drop Picture control onto dialog and change its style to bitmap. And with LoadImage function you can load bitmap from file.... look for this article http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/transbitma...

runtime error 1004 #2
I'm having this problem with this code when i try to run this in spanish version but no in english version: Public Function gf_CopyPasteData(s_range As String, s_range2 As String, i_start_sheet_index As Integer, i_end_sheet_index As Integer) As Integer 'copies data from sheet one sheet to another sheet If CInt(Range(s_range).Count) = CInt(Range(s_range2).Count) Then Sheets(i_start_sheet_index).Range(s_range).Copy _ Destination:=Sheets(i_end_sheet_index).Range(s_range2) 'validation passed, both ranges are of the same size gf_CopyPasteData =...

options error
Using XP Home - get ""Cannot access directory d:\My Documents" whenever I click on any tab in the Options dialogue box. So I cant change tanything including the default location of files. Also get an error message when Excel tries to autosave. I have removed and reinstalled Office, have installed SP1, started Excel from "Run"using "/safe" - but same happens. Have searched knowledgebase and found no hits for the Options issue, but found 1 for autosave - solution suggested is SP1. have seen 2 similar postings somewhere in this community which is wher I ...

OWA
When user attempts to log off they end up on a page: http://.../exchange/ggdimov/?Cmd=logoff but a message is displayed saying page cannot be displayed - HTTP 500 - Internal server error. How can that be fixed? We have only one exchange 2000 STD server SP3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP4 Thanks George MCP 318239 XCCC: "HTTP 500" Error Message Occurs When You Log Off or You Use http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318239 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------...

Error while opening spreadsheets
Whenever i open any excel spreadsheet, i get this error saying that "A Document with the name "name of the Spreadsheet" is already open. You can not open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in defferent folders" Pls help me on this as i hv neither any document of the same name nor am i trying to open one. This might be it: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen (From Debra Dalgleish's site) "Bij." wrote: > > Whenever i open any excel spreadsheet, i get this error > saying that > "A Document with ...

DAO error
When I load certain programs (i.e. Roxio Creator 2009, a program to track diabetes data), I get a series of error messages: 1. "Please wait while Windows configures DAO" 2. A dialog box requesting a location to search for the file 3. "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product DAO...." I ahve had MS Access 2005 installed; I also just installed MS Office 2010 (including Access). I got the message during both periods. The Roxio program seems to work OK without the fix, but it's annoying. How can I make it stop? Thanks a heap, -Zz WinXP...

GenerateAuthenticationHeader Error 401 Unauthorized in MSCRM 4.0
var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.primarycontactid.DataValue; var sGUID=lookupItem[0].id; var Url ="http://" + document.domain + ":5555"; var serverUrl = Url + "/MSCrmServices/2007/CrmService.asmx"; var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlnsoap=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\">" + GenerateAu...

2003 runtime and 2007 runtime on same PC
Hi all I currently have about 100 users using a FE/BE (SQL backend) with 2003 runtime. Another department now want a db and I would like to develop in 2007 and have them used 2007 runtime. Each department will only use their db but a couple of people (directors....) will need to be able to get into both. Will there be the "application install" delay with runtime? Can a pc have both runtime versions installed? Thanks for the help. -- Cheers On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 04:02:01 -0700, Cadburys <Cadburys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: An A2003 application r...

Outlook won't open (takes 5 minutes)
I have a user here at work running XP that says sometimes when she tries to open Outlook, nothing comes up. She will try a couple of times and a few minutes later Outlook will open several windows. (1 for everytime she tried to open it) At other times it just opens right up the first time correctly. I looked at the task manager and the times it does not seem to come up, it will have a Outlook.exe file running. I ran the repair and fix and it still does it. Please help. I wanted to add my email address in case anybody had any ideas what to do. Thanks I have this problem on seveal Win ...

Socket Error WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT
Hola a todo el mundo.... Mi problema es al crear un socket sobre w2k3, el valor de retorno es WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT. El entorno en el que trabajo es el siguiente: Tengo un LSP registrado en la lista de catalogos de windows, los eventos que manejo son: lpProcTable->lpWSPConnect =3D WSPConnect; lpProcTable->lpWSPAccept =3D WSPAccept; Adem=E1s tengo un servicio que abre un puerto (0x0B50), pero al momento de crear el socket, este retorna WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT, un fragmento del c=F3digo es. ..=2E ..=2E. wVersionRequested =3D MAKEWORD(2, 0); err =3D WSAStartup(wVersionRequested, &am...

Sales for Outlook error (long)
I have installed crm 1.2 using the iso images from my MSDN subscription. Server is set up and working on 2003 Server running SQL 2000, sp3 and hotfix MS03-31. Can access and use crm fine from any machines on the domain via IE, but can't get Sales for Outlook to work. The Sales for Outlook on a client machine installation goes fine, but when I open Outlook and click on the "Microsoft CRM" folder (or any subfolder) I get the pretty CRM error box (the one with the huge red X) that says, "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I...

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib'
I have a project that was built with VS 2003. After doing the auto conversion with VS 2005, I now get this error message when linking: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib' There is only one .cpp file in this project. There is no reference to MFC71.lib in the project. Any ideas? > I have a project that was built with VS 2003. After doing the auto > conversion with VS 2005, I now get this error message when linking: > > fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib' > > There is only one .cpp file in this project. There is no reference to &g...

Intelligent Message Filtering
I recently installed SP2 on my Exchange 2003 servers. IMF was not installed previously. Now that SP2 is installed I'm trying to configure the SCL ratings. However, when I make any changes and then click Apply I get the following error: The requested operation did not satisfy one or more constraints associated with the class of the object. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80072014 Microsoft Intelligent Message Filter Any ideas? That error comes from Active Directory. That error typically indicates access rights poblem. Was SP2 installed by yourself under the same credentials y...

vlookup error #4
i have this formula =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,'\\Malcolmp\shared\My Documents\[Share Recommendations.xls]Portfolio'!$A$6:$J$67,10,FALSE)),"""", VLOOKUP(A2,'\\Malcolmp\shared\My Documents\[Share Recommendations.xls]'Portfolio'!$A$6:$J$67,10,FALSE)) i cant see what is wrong with it but i get an error based on \\Malcolmp\shared\My in the 2nd line much appreciated if anyone can help for some reason i dont get the error if i have the filepath pointing to a document on my hard drive rather than elsewhere onthe server. "Micayla Bergen" wrote: > i...

Access 2007 Runtime on Machine With Older Version?
A client of mine likes some of the new bells and whistles in Access 2007, and is thinking about converting our A03 format MDB to an A07 format file. However, while some of the users have A07, many do not, and it's not clear when they would get it. His thought was to use the upcoming Access 2007 runtime to allow the users who are still running Office 2003 to be able to run the database. While I use multiple versions of Access on my development machine, I advised him against this, as I recall from years ago with the Access 97 runtime that it caused problems when run on a machine that...

Outlook 2003 Errors sending emails
I am getting error message when sending emails. This happans since I have installed the new outlook 2003. I am getting the following error message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'pdegeus@mns.com' on 22-Dec-03 9:44 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Any idea what this is Maybe check spelling MSN instead of MNS? "pdegeus@msn.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<056901c3c8ff$d83455b0$a101280a@phx.gbl>... > I am getting error message when sending emai...

Search Form runtime error 2448
I am attempting to make a filter by form search for a issues/comment database that I created. I copied a form and VB template, switching out the names for what are being used in my database, but keep receiving a runtime error. It seems common from what I've read looking for answers, but everything that I've found suggested I've tried and does not seem to be the problem. The debug error is found at Me.Browse_All_Issues.Form.Filter = strWhere. Someone please help! Private Sub Search_Click() Const cInvalidDateError As String = "You have entered an invalid date...

upgrade to 2007 gets MAPI32.dll error
I have a user who upgraded her office 2003 to 2007(educational version) but since, whenever she tries to start outlook she gets an error 'cannot start microsoft outlook... mapi32.dll is missing or corrupt' She said she did try reinstalling and she did run the fixmapi program. Anything else?? thanks CR Just delete the mapi32.dll it will regenerate on its own "CRNews" wrote: > I have a user who upgraded her office 2003 to 2007(educational version) > but since, whenever she tries to start > outlook she gets an error 'cannot start microsoft outlook......