RTV Questions

I noticed that I can enter many items on an RTV transaction.  When I go to
the RTB Shipping window and check mark the M column on one of the items, it
asks if I want all items for that RTV transaction marked. Do you need to
enter the cost for each item?

If I mark all items on the RTV transaction and hit the Post button, many
payables credit memos are created. Will it create many payables credit memos
or is there a setting to create only one credit memo?

0
AndreaSmiley (210)

>I noticed that I can enter many items on an RTV transaction.  When I go to
the RTB Shipping window and check mark the M column on one of the items, it
asks if I want all items for that RTV transaction marked. Do you need to
enter the cost for each item?<

Not necessarily, if the RTV was originated from an RMA, the cost will carry
over from those documents, based on where they were originated (Service Call,
Sales Invoice). If the RTV is not associated to any RMA document, you may
want to enter at least the cost of shipping the product back to the vendor.

>If I mark all items on the RTV transaction and hit the Post button, many
payables credit memos are created. Will it create many payables credit memos
or is there a setting to create only one credit memo?<

In everyday warehouses, shipping occurs in bulk, thousands of products at a
time, for hundreds of vendors and customers at a time. This is how internal
fleet of vehicles and/or carrier trucks and routes are optimized, therefore
reducing shipping costs. Hence you have the ability to mark all RTVs in one
pass.

However, you can setup filters by vendors, or by items, etc. I relatively
large organizations, I don't see much applicability, but the feature is there.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Andrea Smiley" wrote:

> I noticed that I can enter many items on an RTV transaction.  When I go to
> the RTB Shipping window and check mark the M column on one of the items, it
> asks if I want all items for that RTV transaction marked. Do you need to
> enter the cost for each item?
>
> If I mark all items on the RTV transaction and hit the Post button, many
> payables credit memos are created. Will it create many payables credit memos
> or is there a setting to create only one credit memo?

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/21/2009 5:40:01 PM
>I noticed that I can enter many items on an RTV transaction.  When I go to
the RTB Shipping window and check mark the M column on one of the items, it
asks if I want all items for that RTV transaction marked. Do you need to
enter the cost for each item?<

Not necessarily, if the RTV was originated from an RMA, the cost will carry
over from those documents, based on where they were originated (Service Call,
Sales Invoice). If the RTV is not associated to any RMA document, you may
want to enter at least the cost of shipping the product back to the vendor.

>If I mark all items on the RTV transaction and hit the Post button, many
payables credit memos are created. Will it create many payables credit memos
or is there a setting to create only one credit memo?<

In everyday warehouses, shipping occurs in bulk, thousands of products at a
time, for hundreds of vendors and customers at a time. This is how internal
fleet of vehicles and/or carrier trucks and routes are optimized, therefore
reducing shipping costs. Hence you have the ability to mark all RTVs for
shipping in one pass.

"Andrea Smiley" wrote:

> I noticed that I can enter many items on an RTV transaction.  When I go to
> the RTB Shipping window and check mark the M column on one of the items, it
> asks if I want all items for that RTV transaction marked. Do you need to
> enter the cost for each item?
>
> If I mark all items on the RTV transaction and hit the Post button, many
> payables credit memos are created. Will it create many payables credit memos
> or is there a setting to create only one credit memo?

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

question
got similar question here. In MFC SDI, how to display content of a 10 bit BYTE* iData Buffer (1024*512) on screen?. yimi wrote: > got similar question here. > In MFC SDI, how to display > content of a 10 bit BYTE* iData Buffer > (1024*512) on screen?. > You can make in into a bitmap with CreateDIBSection and paint the bitmap. Example at http://codeguru.earthweb.com/bitmap/DIBSectionLite.shtml -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

retrieving my questions
I am still learning how to use this system to it's fullest. How can I locate the questions I have asked in the past? Is there an easy way? -- Zunibear in Montana It depends upon how you are viewing this forum. If using Outlook Express, make sure your view is set for all messages. You could then sort by "From". If you don't want to loose the threaded response view, don't sort, but you probably have a copy of any post you did in the "Sent Items" folder in Outlook Express. Look there, find the one you are interested in, and scroll to that date in the f...

pivot table question
My data table has a 'costs' and 'date' column. I'm interested in getting data from the last 7 days and having it in the field list so that I can use it as part of a formula. Does anyone know how I can do this? Excel 2007 PivotTable Filter last 7 days. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/12_03_09a.xlsx Great. Thanks so much! ...

two offices and a single exchange server question.
I have two offices, one in Washington and one in Detroit. They are both connected to each other via a T1. Right now the washington site has the exchange server, and everyone in Detroit must connect to the server over the T1. What are my options for setting up a solution that will be faster for the Detroit group? I am running DFS right now for most other appliations, and I KNOW you can't use DFS on exchange, however, what other options do I have? I would also like to keep the e-mail addresses the same for the people in Detroit. I think we all know how much of a pain it is to change th...

out of office question
How can I customize a mailbox where the out of office message doesn't say that we are out of office I just want a mailbox to auto reply to people that send to it Like a customer service mailbox that says we have received your message and we are processing it But not for it to say out of office so customers think we are not in. Look into Mail Essentials from GFI. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93D07C96-A746-47FC-A7BF-07C81F40453F@microsoft.com... > How can I customize a mailbox where the out of office message doesn't say > t...

Select Distinct Question
I have a select distinct query that provides CustomerID Address City State Zip I need to add the Customer Name to the distinct list I created but here is the problem. This individual rows that roll up to make a distinct records may contain variations in the Customer Name thus creating duplicates. I guess Access as to have a distinct RECORD as opposed to a distinct field. Which Customer Name that get added to the list doesn't matter to me. How do I create a query that will just use the first Customer name it encounters when I link on CustomerID use group by instead of distinct a...

CButton question
Does anyone know if there's a way that I can achieve the same visual effect with a CButton object that I can by calling SetReadOnly() for a CEdit object? That is, have it greyed out but not disabled while still allowing me to check and uncheck it via software (users will not be permitted to do this). I've tried over-riding the brush returned by OnCtlColor() for the CTLCOLOR_BTN case but without success. Thanks for any help/comments. -- Fenster People have done some things with buttons by writing their own class and then setting the control to be owner-draw so they can manip...

MDI design question #2
Hello, I am to build a new MDI application using MFC. Its look will be like Outlook2003 (with the shortcut pane on the left: Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc.). There is one huge different between my applicaiton's look to Outlook's: I'll have only 3 mini applications (like Mail, Contacts, Tasks etc.): Projects, Screens and Automation. As you can guess each one of them will be a DocTemplate. The projects will be a ListView - no problem. The automation will be a ListView - no problem. The screens Doc Template applicaiton is my serious problem. As you can understand the Screens M...

E2K7 Storage questions: SAN vs. DAS
I beginning to plan our 2007 migration and have some questions about storage requirements. We are currently using SAN attached storage for Exchange 2003 clusters, but with CCR the shared storage is no longer a requirement. If we stick with SAN attached, we'll need to double what we have to go with CCR. What are most big shops going to do? Stick with SAN or go DAS? What are the details as far as data throughput. Can any DAS offerings compete? It's not quite double I think. On the active node, you need usable space. On the passive node you need usable space + space reserva...

Question about Exchange 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3DAF1.81F50D80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a win2k AD forest with 5 domains and exchange 2000 servers in all = of them. I just brought up the 5th domain and put Exchange 2003 in it - = followed all the steps, ran forestprep on the root, domain prep in all = the domains and the root etc.=20 Heres the problem: In the new domain, with the new exchange 2003 server = - i open ESM and navigate to protocols HTTP, exchange virtual server: = when i...

RTV #2
Anyone have good information on deleting lines from an RTV and closing the line out so it does not continue to show up in RTV Entry/Update ...

Another question
I used Money to go to this page: http://www.microsoft.com/money/special/MoneySpecialPages_Launch2006.mspx Here is what this page states: Important things to know before you download Microsoft Money 2006 Premium: This download offer is available in the US only. You must have a Microsoft Passport to purchase and download the software. What if I don't want to use Passport? I don't have one and don't want to get one, or if I do have one, I have no idea waht it or the password. If I buy it from a store, will I have to use Passport to install and use it? I don't use...

Some stupid questions about edit the aspx file
Hi, I'm quite newbie about asp.net & other web application. I've heared that we can put some code in the CRM aspx file. For example, we can make OnChange event to the textbox in CRM & put some code in it. I know it is unsupported by microsoft, but I need to know how to do it. I've been searching this newsgroup & microsoft.public.crm, but I couldn't found any sample. My question is pretty simple (or stupid, I guess): I've looked in inetpub\wwwroot\SFA\quotes\edit.aspx, but I don't know what to do. My friend telling me that the code behind, is under som...

questions #6
:-D, let me know if you find that toggle in some excel menu... might be helluva useful in writing code! -- icestationzbra ------------------------------------------------------------------------ icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=261246 ...

Question about query
Hi, Im trying to create a querie to search the contacts which is, for example, working in the branch "insurance". The problem is that when you select for your search the contacts, you cant select the attributes of the account, where the branch is specified. Is there a way, without the use of add-on's and the SDK, where you can select the attributes from account for a search in the contacts? I know there's a add-on where it is possible to do it (c360 searchpac), but it costs, of course, money. I hope I made my problem clear and that someone knows how to exterminate ...

Stupid question i know.
We have a nice new AD site here, we transferred all our exchange from NT to the new 200 Exchange, i want to add one user to view a particular calender, i am guessing i have to set permissions through users and computers but its driving me mad. Anybody shed light on it? I know...read the book, go on a course...aint got time. Thanks Alan -- SP1 for Fun, BMW for Comfort. BOTAFOT #148 Assuming that you just want the user to be able to select File | Open | Other user's folder | calendar, then you should create an Outlook profile an logon to the target mailbox. Right click on calendar f...

GP 10 questions
Does GP 10 require some activation like Windows/Office? Or it is just correct cd-key and site name? What is the acquistion cost on this for a SMB with 10 employees? You need to contact a reseller in your area for pricing and support. Cost is about $3000 per user depending on requirements. You can load the cd in demo mode and run the Fabrikam company for a limited date range. But you will need a license key issued to your company name to use it live. Where are you located? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Ne...

RTV
RTV's should allow for kit item types. I understand that it is a, "kit" inventory item type which does not track quantities, but we should be able to have the same functionality as we have on a sales order i.e. when adding a kit item type to a sales order, the system assigns and allocates the components of the kit to the sales order. This functionality, allows you to enter one line item rather then all the components of a kit item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

Outlook Question #9
I am part time employed and want to have access to both my personal Outlook folder (email through POP server) and my business Outlook folder (Exchange server) in one screen. Does anyone know if there is a way to do that? Right now I log on separately, which makes it difficult to manage. Carl Can you add both accounts to the same profile? Also, which version of Outlook are you using? "Carl" <cscarlson@cox.net> wrote in message news:fa4a4cc5-33ed-44ee-a679-8dbbe63f9916@f18g2000vbf.googlegroups.com... > I am part time employed and want to have access to both my personal >...

question about java
Hello, I have a problem with a javascript . I want that, once we fill in one field that the other becomes required. So I have two fields - fixed price: type money - start date: date & time when I encode the field Fixed price, I want that start date field becomes required. so I have created this javascript if (crmForm.FormType != 5) { switch (crmForm.all.con_fixedprice.DataValue) { // if fixed priced is filed in, start date becomes business required case 1: // CDI if (crmForm.all.con_fixedprice.DataValue != null ) { crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("con_datestarted",2) } b...

RTV
We are a repair shop that recently purchased the Returns Management and Depot Management modules that are part of Field Services. Sometimes, we receive items that we cannot repair and have to send to another vendor for repair. In these instances, I would enter an RMA to receive the item from our customer and then process this RMA into an RTV to forward the item to our vendor. The vendor receives the item and after examination, provides us with a quote of how much they will charge us to fix the item. I now want to prepare a quotation to our customerand preferably have this tied/linked t...

GetThemeRect question...
Anyone have any idea why: RECT rect = {0, 0, 0, 0}; if (GetThemeRect(hTheme, WP_MINBUTTON, MINBS_NORMAL, TMT_RECT, &rect) == S_OK) { // success } would return S_OK but not change the value of rect ? Thanks. Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software http://www.railjonrogut.com mailto:rail@railjonrogut.com No one? BTW does anyone know how to submit a bug report about this to Microsoft? Their web site has no bug reporting page. Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software ...

Perplexing Chart Question
I went here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/183446 and followed the instructions exactly to create a chart in a new sheet that automatically updates for 2007--it worked perfectly. When I tried to do the same thing with existing data I could never get it to work, and I tried ten times. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions? Hi Jim, I haven't check Microsoft step by step instructions but if the data range you are working with grows or shrinks in the vertical direction, there is a simpler way to handle this. What the web site is suggesting is using dynamic ran...

RTV Closing -Scrapped at Vendor so RTV not Received
Using Field Services - Returns Management, we created an RMA for an item that was returned to us by a customer for repair. When then processed the RMA into an RTV because we were sending it to a subcontractor for repair. We subsequently learn that from our subcontractor/vendor that the item is beyond economical repair. The customer has decided to scrap the item. We also do not have any use for the item nor do we want to incur the shipping charge of having the broken item returned to us, so the RTV is being scrapped at the subcontractor/vendor. Since the item is not being returned to us,...