Rounding in Dexterity

Hi,
I am trying to use the round function in Dexterity which has the syntax
round(field,side,expression{,mode}).
I see that GP does the rounding such that
12.119 >> 12.12
12.111 >> 12.11
What option should I use for the "mode" in round function to get these
results?

Regards,
Sup
0
sup (57)

You'll note that "mode" is optional but for the different methods that it'll
round the help file does give complete examples.  For your example regular
"rounding" is what you need.  Just set the "expression" to 2 so it rounds at
2 decimals.  Done.

patrick
mbs dev support

"sup" <sup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am trying to use the round function in Dexterity which has the syntax
> round(field,side,expression{,mode}).
> I see that GP does the rounding such that
> 12.119 >> 12.12
> 12.111 >> 12.11
> What option should I use for the "mode" in round function to get these
> results?
>
> Regards,
> Sup

0
prot1 (1345)

round() ?
Hello How can i round float to 2 digits after '.' ? Thanx Quick and Dirty: Multiply by 100, add 0.5 (to round up correctly). convert to long, then back to float, then divide by 100. This is limited to values that will fit within a long, and is not efficient. It is reliable. also: float val; val = val - fmod(val, .01); Or, the real thing: char *_fcvt( double value, int count, int *dec, int *sign ); Which is a char string, which you can then feed to atof() and get your rounded value back. Alas, beware errors in precision limits! Balboos user@domain.invalid wrote: >...

rounding #9
is there a way to have a column round automatically instead of having to round onto another column? I don't want to add another column to just be able to round. -- denhar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ denhar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24089 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378356 If the column contains formulas, the formulas can incorporate the Round() function within themselves. For example, if the formula is: =A1*B1 it could be revised to: =ROUND(A1*...

Rounding question
I'm using Excel 2007 but 'save as' 97-2003 as colleagues have different versions. All number formats are set to 2 decimal places. I'm finding that percentage calculations are rounding up to 2 decimal places but when the result in currency is subtracted from another figure the sum is rounded down. This gives results such as 6 - 3 = 4. I'm sure there must be a simple answer but I can't find it. Hoping someone here knows, as checking all simple calcuations is getting ridiculous ! Carrie "Carrie" <pantscarolyn.smith2@ntlworld.com> w...

Problem with rounding currency values
Hi, I am using the Sales Global Procedure SOP_Calculate_Trade_Discount_Split. This procedure returns the line trade discount. The line trade discount returned is rounded off. eg: if value is 6.76 then it returns 7.00. Is there some place where i can specify to turn off the rounding off? The output type is Currency. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks & Regards, Sup ...

Round Up and Round Down Time
Good Morning & a Happy New Year to all subscribers in this group. I want to round up Start times and round down Finish times to the next or previous 15 minutes in my spreadsheet. I have found MROUND but this does not work for me in all cases. There does not seem to be MROUNDUP or MROUNDDOWN available. I can get the results I want using a VLOOKUP table but is there another way? Regards to all, Dave Moore =FLOOR(A1,TIME(,15,)) =CEILING(A1,TIME(,15,)) -- David Biddulph DaveMoore wrote: > Good Morning & a Happy New Year to all subscribers in this group. > >...

GP install dexterity sql server 2005
I Just installed sqlserver 2005 then great plains, without any errors. When i start great plains dexterity dialog box pops up i answer yes and then it locks up. I cant even ctr-alt-del, have to manually shut down. Any suggestions? thanks How long did you give it? The first time you log into Great Plains after a new install or upgrade, it can take a bit of time to do what it needs to do. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "Big Momma" wrote: > I Just installed sqlserver 2005 then great plains, without any errors. When > i start great plains dexterity dialog box pops up...

Help needed on Dexterity utilities
Hi all, Plz provide me complete information regarding usage of integrated appilication with GP. I was struck up at scripts part in Auto-chunk process.I am not able to write a procedure as no procedure was displaying when I clicked the look-up button. Thanx in advance. Regs, Kiran. Kiran You can leave the Starting and Ending Installation scripts empty. They can be used to execute a global procedure before or after the un-chunking process during the installation. They were handy on the non SQL platforms to perform setup functions. However, they are not used as much...

Automatic Rounding problems
I am using Money 99 and, only on investments section, when I try enter a price or quantity with a decimal part, it simply round it to an integer number automatically when I exit the edit box. Do you know how can I make it work correctly. My Contorl Panel / Currency is already configured to 2 decimal digits and it works perfectly in the other fields where I have to put a value. Thanks for your help. Fabio Wasn't Money 99 around before they decimalized stocks? May not be possible to fix it... Fabio Pires wrote: > I am using Money 99 and, only on investments section, > when...

Rounding numbers in charts
HHi U'm not very good with computers. And I did a spreadsheet on excel and had percentages I wanted to put in a chart...when I created the chart (piechart) the values came out all inacurate. I wanted one to be 8% and it came out 6%. I heard you couold try and fix it using decimal places but that only makes a minor difference. Is there something I dont know about thats fairly simple to do? Hi Andrea If you'ld like to give us an example of your data (e.g. three categories and the associated percentages) and explain to us where the percentages came from - did you type th...

Dexterity Timer
I'm writing some Dex code that imports XML files. We're calling a .net app using a 'run application' statements with various arguments for login, password, url, etc. Problem is, Dex likes to concentrate on its Timer_Sleep function, and not allow any other Dex windows to operate. Does anybody know any ways around this? Thanks, Herb You could try running you code as a background process with call background. This will free up the foreground queue to continue operating. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Paci...

How to round & sum only the displayed (rounded) numbers
I have rounded some numbers to the thousands digits. I need help finding a formula that rounds the displayed (rounded thousands) digits. Everything I try only calculates it based on the unrounded numbers and as such many sum numbers are off by 1 (or really 1,000). Any help would be awesome! thanks On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 06:57:01 -0800, ALG <ALG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have rounded some numbers to the thousands digits. I need help finding a >formula that rounds the displayed (rounded thousands) digits. Everything I >try only calculates it based on t...

Time, & Round?
My spread sheet is used to track arrival times at a specific location. The location has a scheduled arrival time in column C, in column D I enter the actual arrival time when a vehicle arrives, and column E calculates the difference. I use the 1904 time system so I’ll be able to calculate and show negative time. Column E is set with =IF(D3=””,””,D3-C3) this will have column E appear blank until the actual time is entered. Without =IF(D3=””,””,D3-C3)in column E and with =D3-C3 this will show the negative of the scheduled time i.e. -4:59 or -18:44. The schedule time is always pr...

Formula for rounding numbers.
I would like the formula for the following situation. How do I make all numbers in cell A3 from 1-32 round up to 33, all numbers 34-65 round up to 66 and all numbers 67-99 round up to 100? Thank you for any help. Alexis Hi Alexis See if =INT(CEILING(A3,100/3)) does what you want. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Alexis Anthony" <alexisanthony1@yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:56c40e33.0405021336.1aa773f0@posting.google.com... > I would like the formula for the following situation. > > How do I make all numbers in cell A3 from 1-32 round up to 33, all > numbers 34-65 r...

Rounding to
I have a column of numbers, all multiples of 10, starting at 100 and going up into the thousands. I want to round them to the nearest 50, so 140 would become 150 and so would 160. How do I do that? TIA Steven I plan to live forever.....or die trying! =ROUND(A1/50,0)*50 -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Steven" <none@myisp.com> wrote in message news:#2XwkuAEHHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have a column of numbers, all multiples of 10, starting at 100 and going > up into the thousands. I want...

Adding round bitmap
Hi, everybody: Is it possible to add bitmap picture to my dialog which is not a rectangle? If I do it the simple way - add picture control to my dialog (which is rectangle) and then assign to it some bitmap, which is not rectangle, dark background can be seen in the places where bitmap doesn't fill in picture control. Is it possible to avoid it? Thanks, Alex I would use CDC::SelectClipRgn() to set the region of the DC to the shape you want, rounded rect in your case, and then do the bitblt. AliR. "Alex" <alsim123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1177602846.2566...

Rounding Up
Is it possible to perform a calculation and have the result rounded up to the next whole number? I don't ever want it rounded down. Hi =ROUNDUP(your_formula,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Keith wrote: > Is it possible to perform a calculation and have the result rounded > up to the next whole number? I don't ever want it rounded down. ...

Rounding Currency
Hello MVP's Is there a way that I can round this formula that I have for a control source of a textbox txtSubTotal value = 3.15 Textbox1 ControlSource =Nz([txtSubTotal]*0.0675,0) So instead of this $0.2126 I would get this $0.21 The Textbox that I have the formula in looks like $0.21 but I have a command button that adds this the Textbox value to a subform which turns the 0.21 to 0.2126 There is a ROUND function which allows you to specify to how many decimal places you want to round. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ____________________________________ If my post was...

Rounding seconds
Hello All, I need to calculate times to the second (hh:mm:ss) but display the results to the nearest minute. However using the the hh:mm format simply removes the seconds - how can I get Excel to round to the nearest minute? Thanks in advance, K ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Kenneth, You can't use formatting to round the time value. You will either have to live with the truncation provided by the hh:mm format, or actually round the value in t...

Round
I'm making price list. 150 articles and I want that every price have last number 9. Ex. 1651,00 = 1659,00 1255,00 = 1259,00 etc... Help! =3DINT(A1/10)*10+9 HIH On 26 Mar, 09:49, Vladek <Vla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm making price list. 150 articles and I want that every price have last > number 9. > Ex. 1651,00 =3D 1659,00 > =A0 =A0 =A01255,00 =3D 1259,00 > etc... > > Help! Hi, Try this =CEILING(A1,10)-1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces th...

Dexterity error after upgrade when selecting vendor
We recently upgraded to Version 8.0.0.69. Our main site is working fine, but a branch office employee gets an error message when selecting a vendor. I have a screen shots of the error and version info. All other functions of the program are fine. Since this is my first time supporting this product, I'm having a hard time running this down. Thanks for your help! John Hi What is the error message? Do you have a Var to log a support call with? Regards James "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5558E29D-051A-4937-9961-6281C53F56EA@micro...

How can I turn off rounding for numbers???
Excel 2003: I've got a column of cells. I highlight the entire column, do a format / cells / number then I choose 0 decimal places I have a list of serial numbers that I want to input, and then "fill down"... because they're all in sequence. However, when I input. They are 14 digits long. Every time I input a 14-digit number, Excel forces it to round up to the 5th number from the right. How can I get it to stop doing this? Hi Excel should not round in this case. Maybe it shows the number in the scientific notation. Try the folowing custom format: 00000000000000 >...

round
Here is what I am trying to do I have 2 columns that have been formated and formula added to calculate the difference between 2 times. e.g 22:00-01:00 equals 3 hours. The problem I am having is when the times are 22:00 to midnight or 00:00. It will not show anything. So I have to input either 23:59 or 00:01, the problem with this is that the resulting time shown is either 2.98 or something similar How do I get it to round to the nearest quarter hour Bobby "bobby todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A47EF5F0-ABC7-405B-B3E8-86F24CD5DBBA@microsoft....

Rounding Errors Help
Is there any way to display a rounded number in a cell, but use th original unrounded number when other cells reference that cell in calculation? It would be a pain to use the components of the rounde cell in the calculation in which i would need the unrounded number. I need a function that displays a rounded number, but uses th unrounded number in calculations -- mattflo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mattflow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.ph...

Dexterity runtime error
I am receiving a Dexterity runtime error - you do not have permission to open this file when attempting to launch enterprise. The whole company is having this problem. I do not believe any changes have been made to the system. What would cause this error? The last time I encountered this there was a problem with the reports.dic. It's either a permissions/access issue (the file is not available) or the file got corrupted (this sometimes happens when reports are imported or edited while other users are in Great Plains). You can try pointing to a local reports.dic as a test to troubl...

Issues with Rounding (or lack thereof)
Hello, I've got a question with an Access 2000 Database. I've got a query with a calculated field: Der_Percent_Good. Der_Percent_Good: Nz((100*(1-[Num_Out_Tol]/[Shipment_Sample_Size])),"N/ A") This field is supposed to be a percentage, and I'd like this field to be able to round to 2 decimal places, for right now it does not. Right now it has a large amount of decimal places if the situation arises, like 1/3 (goes out of view on my textbox on the form), and it will have 0 decimal places if it turns out to be a whole number (0/100). I've tried selecting Properties-...