Rollup and Revalue Question

Hi All,

I work for a large manufacturer and our cost roll has not been
performed in over 6 months.  We tried to run it the other night, but
experienced a couple of issues.  We are on GP 9 and SQL 2000;

1. during the rollup I received this error message -
"[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY
KEY
constraint 'PKBomlev1'.Cannot insert duplicate key in object
'dbo.bomlev1'"

I researched this issue and found that this is due to a BOM (or BOM's)
containing duplicate item numbers, therefore causing duplicate
sequence numbers in the BOM table.

I was able to complete the rollup.  However, when we ran the revalue
process, I received an error that there were unposted items.  I ran a
smartlist for unposted invoices and saw several in there.

My question is this.  If I ensure that all divisions close their
invoices, but still have several invoices at zero cost, will this
affect my cost roll (can the revalue process complete with invoices
with zero cost sitting out there)?

Thanks,

Chad
0
Chad

On Jul 13, 9:29=A0am, Chad <council...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I work for a large manufacturer and our cost roll has not been
> performed in over 6 months. =A0We tried to run it the other night, but
> experienced a couple of issues. =A0We are on GP 9 and SQL 2000;
>
> 1. during the rollup I received this error message -
> "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY
> KEY
> constraint 'PKBomlev1'.Cannot insert duplicate key in object
> 'dbo.bomlev1'"
>
> I researched this issue and found that this is due to a BOM (or BOM's)
> containing duplicate item numbers, therefore causing duplicate
> sequence numbers in the BOM table.
>
> I was able to complete the rollup. =A0However, when we ran the revalue
> process, I received an error that there were unposted items. =A0I ran a
> smartlist for unposted invoices and saw several in there.
>
> My question is this. =A0If I ensure that all divisions close their
> invoices, but still have several invoices at zero cost, will this
> affect my cost roll (can the revalue process complete with invoices
> with zero cost sitting out there)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chad

Hi All,

I tried running the rollup and revalue again last night and received
the following error again during the the revalue:

"You can=92t revalue inventory because there are unposted shipment or
shipment/invoice transactions in Purchase Order Processing."

I verified there were no open PO's (Transactions>Purchasing>Purchasing
Batches...no batches showed up), so I am really stuck on this issue.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.  I have to get this roll completed as
we are under extreme pressure to get the costs updated.

Thank you!

Chad
0
Chad
7/14/2010 1:00:11 PM
If you're certain there were no receipt batches when this message came up
then you may want to run checklinks on purchasing transactions.  Just have a
good backup first.

"Chad" wrote:

> On Jul 13, 9:29 am, Chad <council...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I work for a large manufacturer and our cost roll has not been
> > performed in over 6 months.  We tried to run it the other night, but
> > experienced a couple of issues.  We are on GP 9 and SQL 2000;
> >
> > 1. during the rollup I received this error message -
> > "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY
> > KEY
> > constraint 'PKBomlev1'.Cannot insert duplicate key in object
> > 'dbo.bomlev1'"
> >
> > I researched this issue and found that this is due to a BOM (or BOM's)
> > containing duplicate item numbers, therefore causing duplicate
> > sequence numbers in the BOM table.
> >
> > I was able to complete the rollup.  However, when we ran the revalue
> > process, I received an error that there were unposted items.  I ran a
> > smartlist for unposted invoices and saw several in there.
> >
> > My question is this.  If I ensure that all divisions close their
> > invoices, but still have several invoices at zero cost, will this
> > affect my cost roll (can the revalue process complete with invoices
> > with zero cost sitting out there)?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chad
>
> Hi All,
>
> I tried running the rollup and revalue again last night and received
> the following error again during the the revalue:
>
> "You can’t revalue inventory because there are unposted shipment or
> shipment/invoice transactions in Purchase Order Processing."
>
> I verified there were no open PO's (Transactions>Purchasing>Purchasing
> Batches...no batches showed up), so I am really stuck on this issue.
>
> Any help is GREATLY appreciated.  I have to get this roll completed as
> we are under extreme pressure to get the costs updated.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Chad
> .

customer data question
I have just started customer data into RMS and I would like to autogenerate customer numbers, however the "Auto" generate button metioned in help is not there..However, it does ask me if I want to auto generate a number when I go to close the window, but it produces numbers with 5 leading zeros ..can that be changed to less , or is it default..Any help on these issues would be appreciated.. Go into manager. Go to File>Configuration>Account tab. You can set the number you wish to generate next there. I haven't messed with it to see if it will follow the specified pa...

Disabling that annoying question
I'm using Vista with Office XP. Is there any way to turn off that annoying question that occurs every time I send an email? The one that basically says "a program is trying to access your Outlook file, blah, blah" and then asks for your ok for 1 to 10 minutes. Thanks. No, not really, although it really depends on what is causing the message and what type of email acct you have. But you should only see it when you use an automated system or other application to send mail, not when you compose mail in Outlook and send it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach...

new user with easy question? not easy for me
this may be very very simple but for some reason i cant understand this. i have many many rows of information, and i would like to calculate the sums of say col 1, col 3, col 5, etc...but for each new row i dont want to have to manually revise each cell to say sum(a1+c1+e1, etc...) and then sum(a2+c2+e2, etc...) for hundreds of rows, this is very tedious. can someone help me? -- speakeztruth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ speakeztruth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24028 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Weird question
On my OE, I have a default email address; however, every time I hit Reply to an email an email address I do not want used is on the From window - but no where on the incoming email, or selected by self. Any tips on stopping this? Thank you, as always. ~*Laughingstar*~ wrote: > On my OE, I have a default email address; however, every time I hit > Reply to an email an email address I do not want used is on the From > window - but no where on the incoming email, or selected by self. Any > tips on stopping this? Click on Tools | Accounts. Click on the Mail tab....

Device Context Question (persistence?)
I am trying to speed up a drawing routine that draws waveforms from a USB device. Trying to keep up with the data and display it in real time. I had thought that I would move the CDC out of my drawing routine and into the dialog class so that it could be instantiated once and used over the course of the life of the window I am drawing to. Ditto with the Pens. But it seems that the DC, which I got from this->GetDC(), can become invalid? If I stop drawing and then staret drawing again the DC becomes (unused?). For the moment I have gone back to creating and releasing the DC in my drawing r...

Simple question about DAO upgrade for an MFC application
I support a large application with over a dozen Microsoft Access "MDB" files. These files were created with and are compatible with Office 97 only. I.E., the files can be viewed, but not edited, with the newer versions of Office, which is no surprise. My question is probably an easy one for you gurus "How do upgrade my app to use MDB files created with a newer version of Office - such as Office XP?" Is it just a matter of converting the MDB files and possibly refreshing the DAO classes in my app? Or is their more involved? Finally are there any unforeseeables such as if...

POS question #2
Anyone out there know how to get rid of the pop up that comes up after completing a transaction in POS? My cashiers sometimes forget to manually close it and when they scan the item for next sale, it closes the pop up but does not record the item on the screen. I believe we are giving some items away because of that. Any help is appreciated. Regards JD JD, There is a way, you need to program a "macro" such as alt F-12 to be the key that pops open the register, but it does not give the cashier the total amount due any longer, because what you are doing is by-passing, or go...

Queation about Exchange 2007 Rollup 930809
I want to allpy this roll up. The following line in the article has me concerned though. Do I need to remove all hotfixes before installing this? • You must remove interim updates for Exchange 2007 before you apply this update rollup. Which interim updates do you have applied? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "D303M" <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC429BFC-93FB-4C05-B382-5AAF51DDC963@microsoft.com... >I want to allpy this roll up. Th...

XSD Question #4

Help Just applied August Post SP Rollup Exchange 2000 "To" Button not working
I have just applied the August Post SP3 Rollup on two of my exchange servers. On the two that were patched I am not able to click the "To" button and open the GAL. One the two servers that were not upgraded I am still able to open the GAL using OWA. I'm able to type a name in the "to" field and it is able to resolve the name however when I try to send the message it never gets delivered and a new window opens. Any Ideas? I don't know that this has anything to do with the rollup package. The symptoms you are seeing typically occur when clients are unable to co...

IoC. A few questions ...
Hello, I am starting with IoC and I am creating modules as follows: private class DomainModule : NinjectModule { public override void Load() { Bind<IProductRepository>().To<ProductRepository>(); } } private class ApplicationModule : NinjectModule { public override void Load() { Bind<IEmailService>().To<EmailService>(); } } So when using IoC I suppose for all services and repositories I should have an interface, right? And should the interface be in the same namespace then the class itself? Should I separate maybe in ...

Newbie Question #2
Hello. I have been asked to make an Excel spreadsheet, which can have certain fields, that can be displayed on a website. The website is a phpbb one, but I could make a HTML page and link to that, if needed. The spreadsheet would hopefully be updated live, by people that have admin rights to it. I know the kind of thing it want. I can probably do everything thats needed for it, I have webspace and FTP, I can do some basic HTML and can work the rest out. I just need a good starting point, or maybe a complete guide. Thanks very much.:) -- Pete B -------------------------------------------...

outlook 2003 business contact manager sync question
How do you sync business contact manager with pocket pc? ...

Rollup and OWA Attachments
ADVERTISEMENT We recently installed the Post RTM Rollup on 30 of our 60 mailbox servers and have noticed that certain attachments are being partially stripped when opened in OWA (whether through a frontend or directly to the backend). This includes any html or text doc. For instance, if I send a text file with only the following line and I open it in OWA, the file is empty: "<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">" The line is completely stripped. Any html file with any reference to javascript has those parts stripped as well. (i.e. if I save yahoo.com as a single ...

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

A newbie question : view,
Hi, I sure that you already answered to this question q long time ago, but i would like to understand how Visual C++.net works. When i create a single document Interface application (SDI), VC++.net creates automatically a Test.cpp, TestDoc.cpp, TestView.cpp, MainFrm.cpp, stdafx.cpp....and all relative *.h files. Could you explain me in details, what is the purpose of each *.cpp files ? Because reading books and documentations, nothing is clear for me... The only things that i understood are : - stdafx.cpp is in the project because TestView use MFC and stdafx make the link with MFC. -...

Outlook 2003 question #2
My inbox has columns for "To", "Subject", "Sent", "Size" and Flag Status. How can I add a "From" column? I see under Tools>arrange by there is a from option but I can't make a column with "From" information. Is this possible? TIA What view do you have set on your Inbox? The Messages view usually shows a From column rather than a To column. Check View | Arrange By | Current View and see what view you have set. If you like the view you're in and you still want to just add the From field to it, go to View | Arrange By |...

Question about budgets
I currently manage my money using several separate checking accounts. I'm just about to start using Money and that looks like it's going to be a problem. Will I be better off combining my checking accounts if I'm going to use Money to manage my budget or will Money be able to handle the multiple checking accounts just fine? It seems like it might be a bit complicated to manage and pay my bills this way. Ron I don't know that multiple checking accounts changes the problem much at all--if anything, Money will make it easier to see the big (combined) picture. There is c...

question about ms-flexgrid control
hi all i have a question.when i want to insert a flex-grid control on my dialog it gives me a message about "design-time licence".can any one help me what is it. best regards, amir ...

Reports Question
I am interested in generating a report that will show me my top customers by category over a given period of time. I would like this ranked by the customers total sales over that period. Is this possible? Thanks! ...

urgent question...
How Can i make a schedule to update my items quantity every 5 minutes. Update the quantity from what source? Your item quantities should be updated in realtime through transfers issued or received, purchase orders received, sales, returns and other adjustments. Are you asking about scheduling HQ Client to connect to HQ every 5 minutes? IF so, in HQ Manager there is an option on the store's connection schedule that says something like "within the hour"... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------...

Money 2005 trial question
In my trial version of Money 2005 all of the sudden my Account Transactions have come up in alphabetical order. I can seem to find how to change this back to chronological order. Any suggestions. thanks Click on the heading bar where it says date and so on. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not spec...

searching for rollup control
Hi I'm searching for free MFC control that looks and behaves like Windows Control Panel "Add/Remowe Programs" Applet. Thanks for any links or maybe some suggestions how to start writing my own control - which MFC class to derive from... thanks 1) You will have to create a CFormView derived SDI app. 2) The dialog resource corresponding to the View should have 4 buttons on it for each of the items:- a)Change Or Remove Programs b) Add New Programs ..... 3) You should then create CDialog objects at runtime and associate with dialog resources 4) When user clicks the buttons...

SendMessage Question/Problem
I have a dialog box with a toolbar subclassed in it that has a combo box. I have embedded the toolbar in a static control on the dialog box. When an item in the combo box is selected, I am getting the OnSelChange message being triggered in the subclassed tool bar class. I then get the item that was selected and call GetOwner()->SendMessage(WM_NOTIFY......) In the dialog box I have a ON_NOTIFY message command for the IDR_TOOLBAR. when I debug the OnSelChange method in the subclassed toolbar class, I can see it setting up the call, but when I place my cursor and do run to cursor in the O...

easy OnLButtonDblClk() question
Hi, I've created a MFC application. It has the standard window where information is displayed. I have recently copied some code from another applcation someone made for me, so that I have a dockable window that attaches to the main document. The code for this class it as follows: class CMarkerZoom : public CWnd { // Construction public: CMarkerZoom(); // Overrides // ClassWizard generated virtual function overrides file://{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CMarkerZoom) file://}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementation public: virtual ~CMarkerZoom(); // Generated message map functions protected: file://{{AFX_...