Roll Up and Revalue Issue

We have some items pending mateiral costs entered in the standard item 
material costs window. After we ran rollup and revalue, those pending 
material costs entered cannot be updated. When we checked the Item Pending 
Cost Revaluation Report, those pending material costs entered show 0 and 
current costs also show 0. Even we have tried deleting the Pending Std Costs 
for them and entering them with a different date, they still cannot rollup 
and revalue. We found 25 items currently cannot rollup and revalue.  Please 
help.

Thanks

0
Pei (6)
11/6/2006 3:25:03 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 3 followers. Follow

4 Replies
668 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 2

A few thoughts......Are you certian that these items have a Periodic 
Valuation method?  And are they marked BUY?

You might run Checklinks to ensure all linkages are correct.

-- 
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP
Documentation for Software Users

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at 
http://www.AccoladePublications.com



"Pei" wrote:

> We have some items pending mateiral costs entered in the standard item 
> material costs window. After we ran rollup and revalue, those pending 
> material costs entered cannot be updated. When we checked the Item Pending 
> Cost Revaluation Report, those pending material costs entered show 0 and 
> current costs also show 0. Even we have tried deleting the Pending Std Costs 
> for them and entering them with a different date, they still cannot rollup 
> and revalue. We found 25 items currently cannot rollup and revalue.  Please 
> help.
> 
> Thanks
> 
0
info4071 (3003)
11/11/2006 1:15:01 AM
Yes, they are all FIFO Periodic. You cannot enter a Pending Cost if the item 
is not FIFO Periodic. And all of these items are set up as Buy. We run 
checklinks for  several times, those items still cannot rollup and revalue.

"Richard L. Whaley MVP" wrote:

> A few thoughts......Are you certian that these items have a Periodic 
> Valuation method?  And are they marked BUY?
> 
> You might run Checklinks to ensure all linkages are correct.
> 
> -- 
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users
> 
> For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at 
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> 
> 
> 
> "Pei" wrote:
> 
> > We have some items pending mateiral costs entered in the standard item 
> > material costs window. After we ran rollup and revalue, those pending 
> > material costs entered cannot be updated. When we checked the Item Pending 
> > Cost Revaluation Report, those pending material costs entered show 0 and 
> > current costs also show 0. Even we have tried deleting the Pending Std Costs 
> > for them and entering them with a different date, they still cannot rollup 
> > and revalue. We found 25 items currently cannot rollup and revalue.  Please 
> > help.
> > 
> > Thanks
> > 
0
Pei (6)
11/16/2006 11:23:02 PM
Is your rollup date later than the effective date of the pending changes?

-- 
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP
Documentation for Software Users

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at 
http://www.AccoladePublications.com



"Pei" wrote:

> Yes, they are all FIFO Periodic. You cannot enter a Pending Cost if the item 
> is not FIFO Periodic. And all of these items are set up as Buy. We run 
> checklinks for  several times, those items still cannot rollup and revalue.
> 
> "Richard L. Whaley MVP" wrote:
> 
> > A few thoughts......Are you certian that these items have a Periodic 
> > Valuation method?  And are they marked BUY?
> > 
> > You might run Checklinks to ensure all linkages are correct.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > Documentation for Software Users
> > 
> > For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at 
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Pei" wrote:
> > 
> > > We have some items pending mateiral costs entered in the standard item 
> > > material costs window. After we ran rollup and revalue, those pending 
> > > material costs entered cannot be updated. When we checked the Item Pending 
> > > Cost Revaluation Report, those pending material costs entered show 0 and 
> > > current costs also show 0. Even we have tried deleting the Pending Std Costs 
> > > for them and entering them with a different date, they still cannot rollup 
> > > and revalue. We found 25 items currently cannot rollup and revalue.  Please 
> > > help.
> > > 
> > > Thanks
> > > 
0
info4071 (3003)
11/26/2006 1:08:01 AM
Yes, they are. We usually run rollup and revalue twice a week, but some 
items never  rollup and revalue.  we don't  know why. Please  help! thanks.


"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> Is your rollup date later than the effective date of the pending changes?
> 
> -- 
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users
> 
> For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at 
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> 
> 
> 
> "Pei" wrote:
> 
> > Yes, they are all FIFO Periodic. You cannot enter a Pending Cost if the item 
> > is not FIFO Periodic. And all of these items are set up as Buy. We run 
> > checklinks for  several times, those items still cannot rollup and revalue.
> > 
> > "Richard L. Whaley MVP" wrote:
> > 
> > > A few thoughts......Are you certian that these items have a Periodic 
> > > Valuation method?  And are they marked BUY?
> > > 
> > > You might run Checklinks to ensure all linkages are correct.
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Richard L. Whaley
> > > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > > Documentation for Software Users
> > > 
> > > For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at 
> > > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Pei" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > We have some items pending mateiral costs entered in the standard item 
> > > > material costs window. After we ran rollup and revalue, those pending 
> > > > material costs entered cannot be updated. When we checked the Item Pending 
> > > > Cost Revaluation Report, those pending material costs entered show 0 and 
> > > > current costs also show 0. Even we have tried deleting the Pending Std Costs 
> > > > for them and entering them with a different date, they still cannot rollup 
> > > > and revalue. We found 25 items currently cannot rollup and revalue.  Please 
> > > > help.
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks
> > > > 
0
Pei (6)
12/10/2006 2:04:00 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

vbscript Issues
I am running Windows XP, Media Center Edition, Version 2002 Service Pack 3 - Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ 1 gb of Ram I am having issues with multiple programs - including internet explorer - encountering module issues and shutting down I have read multiple forum posts about reregistering .dll files and the vbscript.dll will not regesister. I have reinstalled IE8, windows script 5.6, used windows update, run anit malware, spyware, virus programs (Malwarebytes', SuperAnispyware, avast! anivirus) and nothing seems to work. Also the send error report window now appears when this happens ...

CRM3.0 Authenitcation Issue
I have a strange problem which I have been trying for 2 months or more to resolve. I have setup a two server ESX Sales configuration which a large part of the company uses for Sales Demos, software testing etc. Everything is working well apart from an odd glitch which happens at what seems to be random intervals. CRM is accessed via IE6(7 has been tried) and everything works perfectly apart from at seemingly random times a windows authentication box is thrown up and no matter what user account you try you can't authenticate. In the end you have to close down the IE session, open ...

RSS issues in Outlook 2007
I have a bunch of feeds that I want to work. They work fine when I first import them, but they soon die, giving two errors for each feed. I've already tried removing the feeds (which is a pain in the hindquarters for 100 feeds), closing outlook, verifying the process not running, deleting the ..obi files, starting outlook, and importing the opml file again. It works fine for a while, then soon dies. Oddly, it seems that the same feeds later die. These are the errors I get (for each URL in my feed list that experiences the proble): Task 'RSS Feeds' reported error (0x9AC...

Payroll Posting Issue #2
We are trying to process payroll on Dynamics GP 9.0 and our posting process slows down all of sudden. It prints like 3 payroll reports and then it takes a long amount of time before it starts processing and printer the remaining reports. We even has all the user log off of great plains and close all applications on client terminal where we faced this issue. We also noticed an issue with posting GL's where the application slows down and it takes a while until it's done with the process. Had anyone faced an issue similar to this one? Any suggestions on what's going on on this one? ...

Item Allocation Issue
I have a scenario with a client where items are being sold on Service Calls that are fully allocated to other Service Calls. I don't think anyone is unallocating those items and selling them on other Service Calls. let's assume they are not. Is there any scenario where an item can be sold that is allocated to another document without unallocating it first? Thanks in advance for the help. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Yes Frank, as long as the items are not serialized, lotted, or binned, the item can be over allocated. That means ...

Access
How can I delete/ reset the "History" part of this template database? Grateful for any response! -- rob On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 05:15:01 -0800, rob <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: By deleting the rows from the underlying table(s). -Tom. >How can I delete/ reset the "History" part of this template database? >Grateful for any response! Thanks Tom. trouble is I can't find a field for it!!. Here's the control source for the field =ColumnHistory([RecordSource],"Comments","[ID]=" & Nz([ID],0)) and I can't see where...

XP Issues
Something in my registry is keeping my system from seeing my keyboard upon bootup of my XPproSP2 machine. Might be a virus or spyware but at any rate, it boots fine and allows the mouse to work okay but the keyboard isn't acknowledged. When I booted into safemode, the keyboard appeared to be working all the way until it was time to enter a password to get into Admin (when I started to type the admin password, the num lock LED went out and for all intents and purposes, the keyboard was dead). Aside from the keyboard not working, the system seems to be okay. Also, I have a couple ...

Adv. Security Roll Up/ Roll Down
I have a user (user 1) with unique permissions that is exactly the way I want it. I "Rolled Up" this user to a new class (Class A) with "revert" checked to ... make this class exactly match the user's permissions. I "rolled down" the security of this class to "user 2" with revert checked. It's not exactly what I got. So ... I found another user that had permissions to run a specific report. I Rolled this user up to the class (Class A) without checking revert. Merge was what I was thinking. I didn't need to roll down to the class members...

Word 2003 to Edit Email Issues
I've been googling this issue for some time and am finding a lot of people with the same problem and no good answers. When a user has the option (in Outlook) to use Word to edit e-mail messages enabled and clicks to reply, forward, or create a new message, Outlook (or Word in the background) freezes. This requires entering the Task Manager and manually stop the Word and Outlook processes. For users that have run into this problem, we have disabled that option and things work great, but I know users like the option and would like to find a real fix to the problem. So far I have tr...

Word Outlining Issues
When I'm outlining text in Word 2003, if I try to do something else in the middle Word seems to take great offense. For example I'm working on a procedure that is outlined 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.1 and somewhere in the process I decide to do a numbered, not outlined, list Word fights me tooth and nail. I've tried removing all formatting, and then starting the numbered list and Word still wanted to format the list as outline numbered. Or when I insist it moves the list way over to the right of the page. Other times I've been unable to continue numbering, or unable to restar...

Exchange migration and Synce issues.
Hi all, I'm getting this sync issue in outlook 2003 every time I open it. 13:02:16 Error synchronizing folder 13:02:16 [80040119-501-0-5C0] 13:02:16 The client operation failed. 13:02:16 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 13:02:16 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 13:02:16 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80040119-501-0-5c0 I we just moved from an old exchange 2000 server to a new exchange 2000 server. 1. Migrated the mailboxes ok 2. Rehomed the public folders. 3. Removed the exchange server from the site, u...

Rolling Average
I need assistance please with calculating a rolling 12 month average. Can someone Help Please? Thanks. Mardi In message 9C61AC4D-F808-47F8-A066-9B8057B51F19@microsoft.com, MT <MT@discussions.microsoft.com> Proclaimed from the tallest tower: > I need assistance please with calculating a rolling 12 month average. > Can someone Help Please? Thanks. > > Mardi Depends how your data is laid out, and what, exactly, you want... More info please :-) -- Regards, Chris. (Remove Elvis's shoes to email me) Hi Chris, I would have a percentage (or number) under each mo...

summarize open issues
i have 3 different open issues lists on 3 tabs of a workbook that i want to summarize the priority items onto one list on another tab. i want to tick off items in priority order by a,b,c etc. and collect them in sorted priority order all on one tab. does anyone have any ideas how i can do this? i appreciate any help you can provide. thank you If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you...

accounting issues paid on account/complicated?
Our end of day totals/blind close and x reads are usually balancing ok. Problem found when we take total money/check deposits/certificates etc. and add them to the total credit and debit $ at the end of the day. They equal nothing on the x and z reports. my first premonition was whether the paid to account or paid on account was throwing these totals off. They are in detailed sales, but not really paid yet. Detailed sales reports are matching z reports. Looking at having a major audit if i can't get this one figured out. also, if paid on account and paid to account could and w...

I cannot unhide rolls
Provide a bit more information about what you are wanting to do. What is a "roll"? Do you mean a row? Otto "easy problem" <easy problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43BCC3D9-3466-451A-9A77-EDFF09CE0E94@microsoft.com... > After a wild night of debauchery Easy woke up only to find that he could not remember where he had parked his Rolls. He was not happy to think of having to ride the rest of the day in the Bentley.... To make things worse, he had encountered an Excel workbook that either had: Protection set on the workbook Protecti...

IRA roll-over?
Help! I have a small IRA I would like to rollover probably into an I-bond.....is this possible without penalty? I am retired and in my late 60's. Thanks. Penalty ??? Depends on what you mean ?? Is it an after TAX IRA You can cash out the IRA in which case all the proceeded get treated as income for the year you cash it. Thus, you have to pay tax on it but there is no penalty at your age. Then you could purchase I bonds with the proceeds. Depending on who is the custodian of the IRA you may be able to buy almost any type of investment as part of your IRA in which case you c...

XML reading issue....
I have some XML file like that: === <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>affiliateId</key> <string>AFL9124395098</string> ........................... === Now when I'm reading them with XmlDocument or XmlTextReader the reader try to connect to aple (because of <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "h...

Roll Up
If on a Worksheet in col.A I have dates and col.B Items description and several other cols. are occupied by figures in three cols. per year, is there a way of "Rolling Up" vertically the data starting with col.C as can be "Rolled Up" horizontally under the headings, so that I can use the information in cols. A & B when I have to shift the sheet to the left, when more cols. are not available? Hi, I think you are talking about freeze panes, If you select cell C1 and set freeze panes then rows 1 and 2 will be frozen. If you select cell C3 and set freeze panes the...

Folder Redirection and roaming Profiles issue
Hi, I had set up some users with Roaming profiles via their profile tab in ADU&C. I had used a Group Policy to Redirect their My Docs and Desktop to a folder on the server and have one folder per user only accessible by that user. That was a year or two ago. I was setting up a new user the same way as above, but when I logged into a Pc as them and was about to set up their email, I noticed in the Section of the All Programs list that is above ACCESSORIES, it lists all users who have Folder Redirection and allows you to go in and view thier Desktop and My Docs documents and o...

Exchange 5.5 X400 connector timer issues
Hello Just wondering if anyone can help with this issues the x400 connector 'jamming' up with errors - The transfer-out message timer expired on message Then a reboot of the server sometimes fixes the issue, otherwise a reboot of the remote server seems to fix the issue.??? I mean it maybe comms but its strange and I cant find anything on the web regarding this problem Thank you romando@netcall.com.au Is this connector connecting two Exchange sites, or to the outside network? If it's a site connector, did you specify the server on the other side by name or IP address? Try s...

Using the form
I have designed all 12 of my forms, but have an annoying problem. As I had to move the fields around, they now do not run in order when the user pressed the "tab" key. Instead, they run on the order I imported them in - which is ALL OVER THE SCREEN! What can I do to make the form tabs run in order? I really don't want to have to redesign my forms from scratch. With the form open in design view, click View > Tab Order. Make your choices there. You can also set the tabl order property of each control by using the control's property sheet, but I think the View menu ...

autoformatting issues in excel
How do I input '12-1' in excel without it autoformatting my input to '1-Dec'? Precede entry with apostrophe ' Regards, Peo Sjoblom "student" wrote: > How do I input '12-1' in excel without it autoformatting my input to '1-Dec'? ...

Item class roll down
we made changes to some of our item classes to have 4 decimal places for currency which were originally set to 2 decimal places. Apparently, the change did not roll down to the existing items in the class. Is there a work around for this or a script maybe? any suggestion would be appreciated. thanks! Changes to the currency decimal places in the inventory class id's do not roll down due to the existance of open PO/SO's/MOP's et cetera. Making these changes to the items in the iv00101 by changing the decimal places field via a SQL update command is dangerous. Make a ful...

CRM 4.0 - Plugin Post Update Status
I want to be able to change the statecode on the Sales Order to 'Invoiced' on a post update of the Sales Order. If I do a an Update(<code>); it will fire the Plugin again and cause a loop. What is the best method in order to achieve this? Or better still do you have a code sample you could post on this forum/discussion board? Greg. I did this by using a custom attribute in my project when I wanted the plugin to execute once. When saving you could set this custom attribute to the value of 0 in the On_Save event of the form to make sure the plugin will run. First I checked ...

Sending Issues
My Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 6 both send outgoing messages. However, the messages never reach their intended destinations. I have tried various smtp servers. When I send a message, it appears in the Outbox for a second and then goes into sent items, as it should. However, the messages never appear at their destinations and no error message appears. I've tried both applications with different outgoing mail servers but still no results. I have confirmed with the ISP that all my settings, including authentication, are correct. Any insight? Thanks. ...