RMA Return G/L Posting

When a Cross-Ship RMA is received, it creates a SOP Return document.  Where
is the Sales Returns G/L account number pullled from?  We have a whole bunch
of Returns, posted in October through present, that have posted to totally
unrelated G/L accounts.  Actually, there are three different asset accounts
that were used for the Debit account.

It appears that our Posting Accounts setup is correct, as well as the
posting accounts assigned to the Items and/or Item Classes.

Any ideas?
0
Elaine (443)

Is there any RMA file maintenance that we should run?

"Elaine" wrote:

> When a Cross-Ship RMA is received, it creates a SOP Return document.  Where
> is the Sales Returns G/L account number pullled from?  We have a whole bunch
> of Returns, posted in October through present, that have posted to totally
> unrelated G/L accounts.  Actually, there are three different asset accounts
> that were used for the Debit account.
>
> It appears that our Posting Accounts setup is correct, as well as the
> posting accounts assigned to the Items and/or Item Classes.
>
> Any ideas?
0
Elaine (443)

RMA Type after RMA Receiving.
Hi everybody, I wonder why it's not allowed to change the RMA type after receiving the RMA, while in most cases the RMA department doesn't know the type of the RMA(Replace/Credit/R&R .. etc) until the RMA item been checked and tested. Is there any way to get over this restriction? Thanks. AMH. ...

SOP Posting hangs in terminal server client
I have the following issue :- --3 different cities having 6 invoice users --connected to Terminal server in another city which is a gain connected to the main SQL server --- users are printing the invoice then posting it directly from Actions --> Post --users prints the first 2 or 3 invoices from the branches then the next invoice wil hang while posting -- GP version is 10.0 with SP1 --SQL is 2005 -- users are not running any other application and the terminal server has nothing other tha GP installed as client and SQL server has nothing other than SQL and GP installed as server and o...

NZ Returns #Error
I am using Access 2000. I have a report that is fed by a sumquery. The report wouldn't total, I assume, because I had fields in my sum formula that were blank in the sumquery as they were carried over to the report. I noticed the NZ function in this board and tried it. It seems to work in all my report fields except where the text box name and the control are the same. When I use it in that control source it returns an #Error. Does NZ not work in this instance? If so how can I get around this issue without having to start renaming fields. -- dmario If a control (e.g. text box...

function to return "number" of different values that occur ?
Hi, Is there an function is Excel that can return the number of different values i.e COLUMNA 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 6 6 6 6 6 TOTAL = 6 (i.e 6 different values appear) Thanks for any help. Scott Hi =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100<>"")/(COUNTIF(A1:A100,A1:A100)+(A1:A100=""))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "scott" <nospamscott@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23fiLuks4EHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there an function is Excel that can return the number of different > values i.e > > COLUMNA > 1 > 1 >...

How can I sum amounts formated as B O L D only?
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a Hi, Wanda- By any chance, is there a word next to the bold number? Maybe the word "Total"? It would be easier to derive the total using a word than using the bold format. On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:37:06 -0800, "wanda" <wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >I need to get a total from a worksheet...

Return (display) only part of a field
Hello, How would I go about in SQL - Access to display only part of a field after a specific character? For example, In Invoice.Memo, there would be variations on the following: "SO 3453. Serial # 243" Basically, I would like to see any data in the memo field AFTER the period (and this field would only have one period) returned in the query (not the stuff before it). Invoice.Memo Returns: Serial #243 Thanks in advance, Brett In query design view, type an expression like this into the Field row: Mid([f], Instr([f], ".")+1) Substitute the name of your memo field ...

eConnect duplicate new RMA docid issue
Hi, Sir: I am using the new RMAType node in eConnect to create a new RMA record in GP. My concern is the duplicate new RMA docid. There's no new RMADocmentID method in Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.MiscRoutines.GetNextDocNumbers assembly. There's stored procedure, SVC_New_DocumentID to do that. But there's no table lock when you excute this: update SVC00999 set SVC00999.RETDOCID = Convert(char(12),(CONVERT(numeric(12,0),RETDOCID) + 1)), @newcallnbr = RETDOCID where SEQUENCE1 = 1 I just want to make sure when I update SVC00999, the table is locked and it's in ...

IIF returning text value
I have a query with fields Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4. I want to collapse the answers for questions 1-4 into either 1 or 0. So, I am using Iif.... Q1KR: IIf([Q1]<4,"0","1") Q2KR: IIf([Q2]<4,"0","1") Q3KR: IIf([Q3]<4,"0","1") Q4KR: IIf([Q4]<4,"0","1") Then I want to create a new field that totals those... Total: [Q1KR]+[Q2KR]+[Q3KR]+[Q4KR] Instead of 3, I'm getting 1 0 1 1 What is going on? Incidently if I change the total to: [Q1]+[Q2KR]+[Q3KR]+[Q4KR], it sums just fine. Probably ...

VLOOKUP returning wrong cell?
Hi all... I'm sure tihs is a simple VLOOKUP problem, but I can't seem to figure out the issue. I have a lookup table of Nation abbreviations and the corresponding full name: IN India IO British Indian Ocean Terr IP Clipperton Island IR Iran IS Israel IT Italy IV Cote D'Ivoire IZ Iraq On a separate page, I have a listing of nations for people in a program (by CODE). I want to use VLOOKUP to take the coded country and return the nation name. So, A B C IT [formula] Italy I entered the following formula: =VLOOKUP(A1,NationLookup,2) The formula...

Perform OR operation on function return values
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CAFDBE.E03B59C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello: What's a simple approach for performing an OR operation on multiple = calls to a function that returns a Boolean value? For example, I have this function that returns either True or False. Function funSomeFunction(strParam1, strParam2) funSomeFunction =3D True [False] I need to call the function multiple times and perform an OR operation = on the return values, like this:...

trouble posting tothis group
I've been posting successfully to ms.public.access, but my posts here are not getting though. This is a test post after unsubscribing / resubscribing to see if it gets through. Hi, Sometimes you might experience dificulties but it works "Clif McIrvin" wrote: > I've been posting successfully to ms.public.access, but my posts here > are not getting though. > > This is a test post after unsubscribing / resubscribing to see if it > gets through. > > > . > Thanks for responding. It's curions that this message we...

<Return> in CPropertyPage
Hello NG, I have a simple CEdit (without multiple lines) and a default button. When I type text in my edit control and press <Return>, I want to call the default button's OnBtnClickedDefaultbutton(). In a CDialog this functions perfect. Now I want to do the same in my MDI applicationin a childframe window, consisting of property pages. In a CPropertyPage I have a CEditCtrl and a default button. But when I press <Return> in my edit control, the default function is not called. Why is it and how can I manage to get the default function called (like in my CDialog)? Thanks for h...

post dated checks #2
hi, how can i treat post dated checks i recieve from my customers. for example,sometimes your customer give you 10 post dated checks as a payment for $1000 worth of goods,so how can i record these checks in the system knowing that these checks have different due date and they have to be cashed out according to their due date. thank you Bryan, I am not a CPA, but I would think that post dated checks are not true accounting 'events' yet and should not be entered into your accounting records at all until the date that is on them. They should sit in a drawer until then. That'...

Annual Returns Calculation
Money states the following: An annualized percentage return is the annual profit on an investment as a percentage of the amount invested. Money uses the Internal Rate of Return (IRR) formula to calculate the annualized percentage return on each investment. Why does money use IRR when nothing else uses this. Morningstar, CNN Money etc etc etc? The returns shown on my portfolio in money do not equal anything else. Because everybody else has the luxury of assuming the return on $1 invested all year and Money has to deal with Money flow into and out of the investment? If you'd had $10...

Inventory Transaction Created through RMA not Posting Through
We are having problems with the inventory transactions created from RMA's not posting through all the way. When we review the Edit List on the batches, the serial information is missing, and that is why the batches will not post. Normally, inventory trans created from RMA's pick up the serial information from the RMA and then post all the way through. I have confirmed this against the documentation I have from MS that this is correct/expected result. We have tested and does not appear to be specific to RMA type, customer, date, item, etc. We have confirmed that the serial informati...

massive fake returned e-mail
My son's Outlook has been suddenly bombarded by literally thousands of messages saying his email (that was never ever sent in the first place) has been rejected. Anyone have a clue as to what kind of a bug this is, and how to deal with it? Grisoft AVG had no effect. Thx for any suggestions. The most likely explanation is that a spammer got his email address and = used it to spoof the From address for a large spam transmission. In = other words, it's not a bug. It's a fact of everyday Internet life. Your = son should be reminded to protect his email address vigorously and never ...

Return latest date in range?
I have a named range, with each row in the range having a repeating 8- column data block (date, mode, three entered numbers, three calculated numbers). Every time data is entered in one of these rows, it gets tacked onto the end of whatever is in that row, and will always be the same 8-column format. Not all rows have the same number of 8-column entries. Is there a formula I can enter in one cell at the top of the sheet that will return the latest date in this entire range? Or would I have to use a macro to search all dates in the range? Ed Assuming your dates are in column A rows 2 to 1...

StartDoc() returns -1
Below is a section of code that I am using, it always works the first time but on the second call StartDoc always returns -1. I can't even find out the particular error. What is going wrong? //////////////////////////////////////////////// dcp.Attach(theApp.printerDC()); DOCINFO doc; // Doc info. // memset(&doc, 0, sizeof(doc)); doc.cbSize = sizeof (doc); doc.lpszDocName = "Doc"; doc.fwType=0; doc.lpszDatatype=0; doc.lpszOutput=0; int q=dcp.StartDoc(&doc); if (q<0) { return; } "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

OWA now asks for Domain\User post Sp1
Any way to avoid having to enter domain\user as OWA logon after Exchange Sp1 has been implemented??? Any chance you are running sbs? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843539&sd=RMVP "Tom Allen" <tsa68@[removethisfirst]verizon.net> wrote in message news:u3qVhhxKFHA.440@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Any way to avoid having to enter domain\user as OWA > logon after Exchange Sp1 has been implemented??? > > > > THANKS A TON! "neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@online.mvps.org> wrote in message news:ObTE2nxKFHA.4092@tk2msftngp...

RMA Accounts
Hi Is there any way out where we can specify the accounts distibution for RMA. The purpose is it should not mix with orginal inventory. Thanks Asma ...

how do i D/L E/M attachment 609031.pdf (49KB)
i have receiver an email attachment 609031.pdf (49KB) and dont know how to open it can any help me i am 82. The extension 'pdf' indicates that it is an acrobat portable document format (pdf). Thus you need to have a pdf reader installed on your computer. You can download one for free form http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html once installed by double-clicking on the attachment and selection open it should open for you. -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "alan rex bartholomew" wrote: > i have receiver an email attachment 609031.pdf (49KB) and don...

Project Accounting Posting Code Problems
I am currently using GP 7.5 (about to upgrade to 8.0) and am having posting code problems within Project Accounting. Posting codes for specific projects will disappear at random times and seem to go away without connection to any maintenance utilities being fun. The codes are re-populated but sometimes fail to "stick" as they are later deleted. This happens to different accounts usually for fixed price projects types and to a lessor extent time & materials project types. Posting codes deleted also seem to not have a pattern. This phenomenon began after upgrading to GP7.5...

How do you void an RMA?
An invoice was entered under a closed period. It did not post, but the inventory was deducted. An RMA was processed to bring the inventory back and re-invoice under the correct period. The credit was voided since there was no invoice to apply it to, but the RMA is affecting our cost of goods and we need to void it or ?? any suggestions ...

Posted Using Giganews.com
This was posted using Giganews.com server. Lee Seele Lee Steele wrote: > This was posted using Giganews.com server. > > Lee Seele Looking good. Some of us have been using non-MS servers all the time. :-) Bo Persson Bo Persson wrote: > Lee Steele wrote: > > This was posted using Giganews.com server. > > > > Lee Seele > > Looking good. > > > Some of us have been using non-MS servers all the time. :-) I preferred using msnews.microsoft.com as some NNTP servers filter content, and not all have reciproca...

Modify POSH script to quit if null value is returned
The following article provides a POSH script to bulk enable agent proxy on systems within SCOM. The only problem I am having is that if a null value is returned then it bombs and goes into an infinite loop. How can I modify so that if a null value is returned the script just quits? For example when I have the script identify systems with a class of "Microsoft.Exchange.ServerRole.2003" and I don't have any Exchange 2003 servers in our environment then I get a message "Get-MonitoringObject : Cannot bind arguement to parameter 'Monitoring class' because...