RM Statement on Blank Paper - Adjusting the Case of the Address

I am making some changes on the RM Statement on Blank Paper.  Currently
Statement Name, Address 1, Address 2, and Address 3 all print in uppercase.
I created a calculated field City-State-Zip which prints in the appropriate
upper/ lower cases.  How can I adjust the Statement Name, Address 1, Address
2, and Address 3 to print in the appropriate cases?  I tried to adjust the
Format Definition but this had no effect.  If it is not possble to make those
fields print in the appropriate case, how can I make my calculated field
print in uppercase?

Thanks for your help.
0
Julie (122)

in report writer there is a system function called UPPER that you will
have to add before your address fields
so that the system will convert it to uppercase
0
fhillyer (101)
8/10/2009 10:07:48 PM
Thanks Francisco.  I would prefer to NOT have the address lines in upper
case.  Is there a way that I can change that?

"Francisco Hillyer" wrote:

> in report writer there is a system function called UPPER that you will
> have to add before your address fields
> so that the system will convert it to uppercase

0
Julie (122)
8/10/2009 10:29:01 PM
Julie,

You can use the RW_Proper user-defined function:

{-----------------------------------------------------------------------
RW_Proper

Returns a string in which all the alphabetic characters of a specified
string have been converted to Proper or Title case.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------}
function returns string OUT_string;
in string IN_string;

--
Best regards,
--

"Julie" wrote:

> Thanks Francisco.  I would prefer to NOT have the address lines in upper
> case.  Is there a way that I can change that?
>
> "Francisco Hillyer" wrote:
>
> > in report writer there is a system function called UPPER that you will
> > have to add before your address fields
> > so that the system will convert it to uppercase

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Manage displayed columns in address book
Hello all, does anybody know a way to configure, how the GAL is displayed in Outlook? I would e.g. like to add a column for the department, which is currently only displayed when opening a GAL entry. I know I can change the display of a contact that is displayed when doubleclicking on an address book entry by changing the appropriate template, but I did not find a way to manage the columns that are displayed in the address book itself. Thanks in advance for the help. Markus ...

Reprint AP check format on plain paper
Provide the ability to print a "copy" of a previously printed check w/ stub (with "void" in the signature section) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defaul...

Integration Manager
Hello Hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to create an integration into RM. The source file I have contains the Goods and the Tax nominal accounts and values. These will always be credits. The system I am integrating from has no concept of Debtors Control, so effectively the source file I have only has the Credit amounts, no Debit amounts. The Debtors Control (Receivables) will always be the same account, and the value will be the full invoice value that appears in my header record. I can't see a way to use the source file I have to get the Credit amounts in, and...

IF statement #17
Hello - I want to have a formula in a cell A3 that looks at cells A1 and A2. If the values in cells A1 and A2 are the same, then return a zero in cell A3 If the values are different, return that value (the difference) in cell A3. Is that possible? TIA --- Phil >If the values are different, return that >value (the difference) in cell A3. The difference of what? A1 minus A2 or A2 minus A1? Take your pick: =IF(A1=A2,0,A1-A2) =IF(A1=A2,0,A2-A1) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "sloman" <pmwslo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jQiIm.2022$Zu5.442@newsfe24.iad... >...

Printing, but I get blank sheets
Publisher (and my HP ColorLaserjet 3550) have behaved flawlessly throughout my editing stages. Now I'm ready to print my newsletter and every time I print a page (or more), it's blank. What could be the trouble? Also, I'm printing on regular paper, as my printer cannot accept 11 x 17. I'm not being given the print option to print odd pages separately from even pages, as I am in Word. Any suggestions? I'm late and am desperate to get this puppy out in tomorrow's mail! Printing is usually not a Publisher issue. What version Publisher? Is your driver current...

RM-Statement
Is it possible to get the originating currency on a Statement? -- Toni Toni Can you give more info on which statement you want the originating currency. To the best of my knowledge any report you print in GP will be printed in functinal/originating currency only. Regards Reddu On Sep 28, 6:08=A0pm, Toni <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to get the originating currency on a Statement? > -- > Toni Print Receivables Statements. -- Toni "reddy" wrote: > Toni > > Can you give more info on which statement you want the originating...

Thank you Sue and Gordon
Neil wrote: Glad it's sorted! ...

Count on Iif Statement in Access to Case Statement
What is the SQL Case Statement equivalent to the following SQL expression in Access? Thanks for any help. Count(IIf([HourCreated]=7,0)) AS 7 >> Count(IIf([HourCreated]=7,0)) AS 7 << None; you cannot name a data element 7 without using quoted identifiers. I think you might want: COUNT(NULLIF(creation_hr, 7)) AS seven case when HourCreated = 7 then 0 else null end AS [7] But you seem to be missing the "false" value so I've used Null above. Tony. "Qaspec" <Qaspec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAA1B9F8-87D...

Blank E-Mail #4
I get several E-Mails per day that are blank. There is no subject, no From, no attachment and no message. There is only the mail Icon. I use IE-6 and OE. It's not spam or virus related. Anyone know what they may be? My ISP is Comcast. Seems harmless but just curious. Bob H <w3huw@comcast.net> wrote: > I get several E-Mails per day that are blank. There is no subject, no > From, no attachment and no message. There is only the mail Icon. I > use IE-6 and OE. It's not spam or virus related. Anyone know what > they may be? My ISP is Comcast. Seems harmless but jus...

Conditional formatting blank cells
hi, its very easy question but I just dont know how, pls help! I wanna conditional format range of cells if they are blank - turn yellow, otherwise red. But I tried [ Cell is - equal to - ""] doesnt work. Pls adv. thx Select the range and then use the active cell (the cell that is not blue/grey), e.g. if you select A1:A10 starting from A1 then A1 will be the active cell, then use =A1="" Having said that using cell is equal to "" will work as well, are the cells not blank but pseudo blank like a space? If so use =TRIM(A1)="" or cell equal to s...

Excel Help with IF statements
I have 3 cells which i named One, Two, Three & Four They all have 7 IF functions. I need a way to put all 7 together and output to cell S29 using master IF statement... Any ideas.. -- alexm99 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alexm999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39031 Be more specific. alexm999 Wrote: > I have 3 cells which i named > > One, Two, Three & Four > > They all have 7 IF functions. > >...

how to know the cell address in point units.
hi, i am using ,expression.AddShape(Type, Left, Top, Width, Height) Left, Top are point units,how to make the shape exactly in the place of an aimed cell. or to say, how to know the cell address in point units. thank you. No need to know the exact coordinates: With Range("J1") ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape _ Type:=msoShapeSmileyFace, _ Left:=.Left, _ Top:=.Top, _ Width:=.Width, _ Height:=.Height End With In article <eHmJTYjjEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "EXCEL�@NEWS&quo...

trouble finding address book
I am unable to save new calender appointments and tasks. When I try, an error message pops up that says "An error occured while trying to locate Window's Address Book. Unable to find the WAB DLL." So I can look at my old appointments that I scheduled before this problem, but I can't enter new ones. Outlook does not use the WAB. Are you using Outlook? If so, what version? What configuration changes did you make before the problem started? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rachel" <ram59@cornell.edu> wrote in message news:3fcc01c42b3e$e681f5e0$a601280a@...

if/then statement that results in Yes/No
I want either a Yes or No given this if/then statement: If cell A1 is greater than x AND cell B1 is greater than Y, then YES otherwise NO. AND, the sum of A1+B1 must be greater than z. All conditions must be met. How do I do this? Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi =AND(A1>x,B1>y,A1+B1>z) -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee ) "Patty via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:524A720A47687@OfficeKB.com... >I want either a Yes or No given this if/then statement: > > If cell A1 is ...

Smart List Builder
I am building a smart list query that needs to link my customtable to the RM Open and RM History - how to you link that? Right now I just have the RM Open linked to my main table and the RM Apply Open linked to my RM Open. I need to have the RM History and RM Apply History. When i first created the smart list, i just have the RM Open and RM Apply Open. works grea. But then i added RM History linked to my table, then i get nothing, so i took RM History off, so kind of back to square one. The reason is, the transactions I am looking at are linked/related to the cash receipts entry wind...

Mulitiple customer addresses import from table import
There are different mulitple addresses for a customer. I tried to import it to customer master address file but it seems it is not working right. For example: I name the primary address ID as primary. It does create the primary ID for me but didn't import and address, phone number, tax code associated with the location, and email address for the statement recipient. Can any experts out there guide me thru this or tell me what I did wrong? Thanks billy, I would suggest using Macro instead, let me know if you need any help in this matter. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, M...

I have a question about migrating email addresses
What would you suggest me to do to keep all staff member email address close to what we have currently with our hosting company? Can I change this when creating a mail box? Our just modifying the alias field would work? Please advise example (hosting company): doe.john@n2newdirection.org example (Exchange Server): jdoe@n2newdirection.org -- Jermaine Wells Network Administrator You change SMTP addresses either individually on the E-Mail Addresses tab of the user in ADUC or globally by defining the Recipient Policy in Exchange System Manager. "JWells" <JWells@discuss...

Using an if statement to display an array
Is it possible to use an if statement to return an array? I have named two arrays and would like to display either based on a value from another sheet. Using a macro would not help me, just due to the fact I was told not to use a macro by my boss for this spreadsheet. Here is what I have.... Array 1: Example 1 Bill Art John Array 2: Example 2 Mike Bill Gary {if('sheet1'!$A$1<10,example1,example2)} So far the only thing that is displayed is the heading of the array. Is there a way to display the heading and the contents? Thanks "Gun_Maddie" <gun_maddie@excite.co...

Copy above row data into blank fields below
Hi. Certain fields within my data do not repeat, but I'm trying to find a way to populate the blank cells from the preceding row. Here's an example: Employee_Number Last_Name First_Name 123456 Smith John Judy Ben 123457 Johnson Bill Ruth Eddy Sally As you can see, it didn't repeat the Employee Number ...

Averaging with and if statement
I'm trying to create an average from a table with multiple records in it that I identified as "originated by". I only want my form to show the averages of certain records (originated by = continuous improvements"). Right now ALL the records are being averaged with the Control Source: =Avg( [NumberofDaystoClose]). I'm trying to add the criteria that only those records identified as "continuous improvement" records should be averaged. I don't know Access very well at all. I assume I need to add some type of If, or When statement to that expression...

Sutiability of RM
Would microsoft retail manger be suitable for running a resaurant (one-site, 3-floors, 2 kitchens) or is it really designed for shops? No it is not suitable for Restaurants. >-----Original Message----- >Would microsoft retail manger be suitable for running a resaurant (one-site, >3-floors, 2 kitchens) or is it really designed for shops? >. > Try www.dinerware.com "bwillia" <bwillia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4279711C-3D36-4FB9-932C-312A716FB877@microsoft.com... > Would microsoft retail manger be suitable for running a resaurant (o...

Blank Spaces Help
Is there a way to make the spaces between the " "'s be determined by the length of characters of Sheet2!G9. What I need is a total of 8 characters including the spaces that precede the number (Sheet2!G9) . Example first number is 43 . I need the number of spaces to be 6 then my number Second number is 120. I need the number of spaces to be 5 then my number I was trying to use LEN but couldn't get anywhere. =CONCATENATE(" ",Sheet2!G9,Sheet2!H9) Any help suggestions would be appreciated T.I.A. dayton, try this formula which adds spaces to the beginning o...

Changing case in code
I've added a line of code to the event below that will uppercase the data in the last-edited cell but the update takes a few seconds on my PC (probably longer on the production pc it will eventually run on). Is there a way i can better place the Ucase code? I've tried, unsuccessfully, to move it outside the For/Next loop. I won't pretend to understand the Set statement. Any help would be gratefully appreciated Terry Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'David McRitchie, 2000-08-08 rev. 2000-08-14 'http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm ...

how do I write a formula: if (cell address) is less than X add Y
I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount, i.e. $7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second cell. =a1+MAX(7.5,a2) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "CTrophyMan" <CTrophyMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3485F4E1-F431-4B73-9934-8943C8D10B76@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a > condition that is the second cell value is less than a p...

Imported Entourage Contacts not showing in Address Book
After I EXPORTED my Entourage Contacts into an Excel file, I spent 3 weeks cleaning them up (removing dups, adding addresses and email addresses). I them IMPORTED them back into Entourage. Once I examined them to ensure they imported properly, I deleted the old ones. Much to my surprise, when I clicked on the Address Book Icon, I had no contacts over there anymore, therefore, Mobile Me cannot get my Entourage updates to sync. How do I get my contacts into the "now empty" Address Book"? I don't like Address Book, but seems I can't get away from its presence...