Reversing a Posted Batch

I have posted a batch to the G/L to soon and now I want to reverse the entire
batch.  Is there any way for me to do that without having to go in and
voiding each transactions in Void Historical Payables?
0
Simeon (5)

Using Query Analyzer, find the Transactions that you want to remove in the
GL20000 table and run a delete statement on them and then reconcile your
financials.

"Simeon" wrote:

> I have posted a batch to the G/L to soon and now I want to reverse the entire
> batch.  Is there any way for me to do that without having to go in and
> voiding each transactions in Void Historical Payables?
0
klewis6238 (163)
6/13/2005 7:24:03 PM
Simeon,

If you are using GP v8.0, there is a Correct Entry feature in the General
Ledger entry window.  (Transactions > Financial > General)  Click the Correct
button and you have the option of reversing an entry or reversing and
entering the correct info.

With earlier versions, you have to manually enter a correcting entry to
preserve your audit trail.

Claude

"Simeon" wrote:

> I have posted a batch to the G/L to soon and now I want to reverse the entire
> batch.  Is there any way for me to do that without having to go in and
> voiding each transactions in Void Historical Payables?
0
cfrymark (16)
6/13/2005 7:52:03 PM
I have tried this but get the error message "the transactions was created in
A/P, use A/P to correct the transaction."
Is there another way around this?

"cfrymark" wrote:

> Simeon,
>
> If you are using GP v8.0, there is a Correct Entry feature in the General
> Ledger entry window.  (Transactions > Financial > General)  Click the Correct
> button and you have the option of reversing an entry or reversing and
> entering the correct info.
>
> With earlier versions, you have to manually enter a correcting entry to
> preserve your audit trail.
>
> Claude
>

> "Simeon" wrote:
>
> > I have posted a batch to the G/L to soon and now I want to reverse the entire
> > batch.  Is there any way for me to do that without having to go in and
> > voiding each transactions in Void Historical Payables?
0
wendileigh (52)
8/2/2005 6:35:18 PM
Then you need to void the transactiion in A/P.
Transcations->Purchasing->Void

wendileigh wrote:
> I have tried this but get the error message "the transactions was created in
> A/P, use A/P to correct the transaction."
> Is there another way around this?

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

one sided posting entry in gp?
how would I create a one sided entry in GP to correct a double sided entry that posted twice ( due to a system failer a month ago)? There used to be a document on customer source; but i cant find it. Thanks for any information I'm unclear as to why you need a one sided entry instead of backing out one of the double sided entries that posted incorrectly. To backout one of those entries click "Correct" on the JE Transaction Entry Screen (Transactions->Financial->General) Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) On Sep 18, 12:54 pm, 2020 <2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

2nd Posting Select Value In Query
My data are as follow Myvalue value1 value2 value3 100 20 50 70 200 null 100 210 my goal is to divide myvalue with either value 1,2 or 3 whichever is higher how to put the expression in query Zyus - Here is what will go in the SELECT field of your query: =Iif(nz(value1,0)>nz(value2), Iif(nz(value1,0)>nz(value3,0),Myvalue/value1,Myvalue/value3), Iif(nz(value2,0)>nz(value3,0),Myvalue/value2,Myvalue/value3)) If value1 and value2 and value3 could all be null or zero, then you must test for that (I am assum...

Community and my posts
It would be nice to come into Developer and see the questions I've posted. I don't see a link to get to these right away. Does one exist? Jason ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgb...

Formulas reversed
Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slash has become "multiply" and the star has become "divide". In other words, these two symbols are reversed. Have no idea how this happened. How can it be reversed back to normal? thanks. Please give an example of formula, values of input cells and result of formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56D666E-70CD-4E8F-97F9-1FAD9CE92024@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slas...

Possible to reverse a row of entries?
Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. thanks Rick Hi in B1 enter =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down for ten rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rs wrote: > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of > entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. > > thanks > > Rick Ric...

Reverse engineering
I have to document an Access 97 that has grown like wild blackberries. The database's creator has left us no documentation at all and I would like Visio to extract as much information as possible. So far I have extracted a good UML of the tables. Currently I am doing screen dumps of the forms to show what the screens look like - then pasting them into Visio. What else can I do? Can I extract the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules also - and save and print these out from Visio? Please advise. As I remember there was a "database documenter" with Access. I don...

Reverse arrow for hyperlinks

Can I reverse the order of data in a set of cells?
I have a column of cells filed with data. I know I can transpose the data 90 degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste it so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference? Thanks to anyone who can help. I am using Excel 2003. One way, insert a new column or use an existing, number it from 1 - n (where n is the last index value you want to reverse the order of, so if your column is 100 rows number the help column 1, 2, 3 - 100) select both columns and sort descending on the help column -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "salwitt"...

? Post Window (Dialog) Creation Flag
Hi, I've searched high and low (mostly low) but can't find anything about how to determine if a window (specifically a dialog and it's controls) is completely created. As you know, a window may/will receive all kinds of messages while it's being created. Unfortunately, sometimes we write message handlers that are to be executed AFTER the dialog and all of it's controls are created. For example, moving/sizing controls in a dialog box is done in OnSize as expected. However, WM_SIZE is sent to the window before the controls even exist. To avoid an exception, you have to ...

Reversal encryption
Hello, I need a good algorithm for encrypting some vital information about my app in an INI file. I have a class for MD5, but it's not reversible. I'd like to use a private or public key to decrypt the text. By the way, what's the difference between private and public key when we talk about encryption? Sugestions, please? I have googled about the public key encryption and found that CryptoAPI is used frequently. Is this API part of the Windows? If not, what I need to use it? "Jeova Almeida" <jeovaalmeida@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem news:e1uwDhuTJHA...

Post Through GL for Apply Sales and Purchasing Documents
Allow the abitility to post Through the GL when you apply sales documents in RM and apply purchase payments in PM ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4e28b7fb-...

Reverse List?
Greetings! What's happening with the reverse list as of late? It seems like it's not updating anymore since the contacts that I add are never displayed. I have tested this by using my primary account to add my secondary account and then accepting the invitation on the secondary account, my secondary account (target) could see my primary account (source) in the list, but my primary account could not see my secondary account, and both had each other in their contact lists. Thanks in advance; -- jps Greetings jps, I have no real fix for you, but I can confirm...

Customer EFT Reversal
In GP 10, we're getting ready to start using Electronic Funds Transfer in our Receivables area, i.e, we're going to take our customers' payments directly from their bank accounts. If there's a problem where we take a customer's money in error, how do we put it back into their back account using EFT? Thanks! Mary Fetsch ...

May 5.5 Post SP4 Rollup
Having installed this, is it right that any previous patches are still listed in the add/remove programs list? With Windows service packs, once installed all the various hotfixes that were installed that the service pack includes are removed from the list. It's not a huge deal, just wondering why it's the way it is. Also, any patches needed to use Outlook 2003 other than the rollup and the CDO patch for OWA? regards Paul -- paul <at> spamcop.net ...

turning off the posting of commissions
Hello: We have just finished implementing GP 10.0 at a client, and they are finishing the entry in receivables of the open customer receivables documents. If possible, they would prefer that the posting of this batch of open documents does not update the commission amounts in the sales territory and salesperson tables (windows) in GP. If this happens, they will have to manually go into these windows and zero-out or adjust where necessary these YTD commission amounts. You see, they have already paid these commissions to their salespeople in their old system and do not want the new sys...

Compact/Zip/Self Extracting/Posting to FTP
I am looking to automate as much of this as possible Compact the Database Zip the Database Create a Self Extracting and post the self extracting file to an FTP. I know this cannot all be done in Access but It is an Access DB we are working with. Thank you. "Dorian C. Chalom" <DChalom@Comcast.net> wrote: >Compact the Database See the DBEngine.CompactDatabase method in VBA help for more details. >Zip the Database I've had lots of success using the open source Infozip DLLs. Compression DLLs, OCXs, etc http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/c...

Multiple Posting Accounts For Single Item
Is it possible to assign multiple Posting Accounts to a single kit component item in Great Plains 8.00? For example, Picture Frame ABC has one component (123). Kit Item Number: Picture Frame ABC * Component Item Number: 123 On the Item Account Maintenance screen, ‘Sales’ for Component Item Number 123 are set to go to Account number xxxx-xx-xx. I want to create a new kit - Picture Frame DEF. This new kit will be exactly the same as Picture Frame ABC except I want the ‘Sales’ for Component Item Number 123 to go to a different account number yyyy-yy-yy. Is this possible? Or are ther...

How do I reverse this?
Somehow I've managed to turn off the automatic capitalisation at the start of a new sentence only. It was working fine until I accidentally clicked something with my mouse and now the feature has gone!! This is really annoying. I've done the Tools-Options-Spelling thing, though, and everything seems to be the same as it was before!! Any ideas??? Thanks, Pip "Pip" <Pip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A807C07E-502F-4D82-ACD8-FAFE2917EB3D@microsoft.com... > Somehow I've managed to turn off the automatic capitalisation at the > start ...

Posts Not Getting Any Responses
I have posted a number of requests out of my 4 only one got a response which said they had the same problem. Is it because the request is so stupid, or no one has an answer. Thanks. Hi, This is the microsoft.public.project.server group. Did you post directly to it or to a site that mirrors this group? If so, try: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.project.server&lang=en&cr=US If you did post directly, then what tool did you use and is your question relevant to the group you chose? usually questions only get left if they a...

NOTE or POST?
I created a new folder into which (using rules) I direct mail from certain senders, however the mail doesn't arrive in the form of a message, but as an envelope icon which I have to double click to see the message. The only difference I can see when I look at the properties for the new folder and others that work fine is that the "When Posting to this folder use......" option is POST for the folders that are OK and NOTE for the new folder - changing it to POST is not an option. Anyone have any idea what's going on? "Mick" <hilsdon@hilsdon.org> wrote in me...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

My printer is printing in reverse. How do i turn it off?
I have tried - properties, advanced, mirror image off. It works once and then goes back to mirror image. How do I turn it off permenantly? Please Change the printer Properties from Start | Settings | Printers and Faxes. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "lindylou2" <lindylou2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B714C97-D395-49DC-87BC-67184A8A4736@microsoft.com... >I have tried - properties, advanced, mirror image off. It works once and > then goes back to mirror image...

reverse a CArray
Just started using CList and CArray and I'm trying to reverse the order of a CArray with the code below. It appears to have no effect and I don't see why... Any clues? <code> CArray<CString, CString&> tmp; tmp.Add(CString("1")); tmp.Add(CString("2")); tmp.Add(CString("3")); int count = tmp.GetCount(); for(int i = 0; i < count; i++) { OutputDebugString(tmp[i]); OutputDebugString("\n"); } for(int i = 0; i < count; i++) { ...