Reverse a Credit Note in AP

Can I reverse a credit note in AP?
0
RCR (234)

rcr,

Why not? You can very much void a credit memo in AP
--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"rcr" wrote:

> Can I reverse a credit note in AP?
0
janakirammp (688)
7/29/2009 3:49:01 PM
When I go to the document nimber in 'Apply Payables Documents' the document
is there but when the applied amount is changed the balance is not coming
back to the original invoice amount???

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> rcr,
>
> Why not? You can very much void a credit memo in AP
> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> http://janakirammp.blogspot.com
>

> "rcr" wrote:
>
> > Can I reverse a credit note in AP?
0
RCR (234)
7/29/2009 4:21:01 PM
rcr,

Reversin a credit memo in AP means you need to void the document. If the
document is full applied to an invoice, you need to go to Void Historical
Transactions and void the same. Otherwise, If the document is partially or
fully unapplied, you need to go to void Open Transactions and then void the
same.
--

"rcr" wrote:

> When I go to the document nimber in 'Apply Payables Documents' the document
> is there but when the applied amount is changed the balance is not coming
> back to the original invoice amount???
>
> "Janakiram M.P." wrote:
>
> > rcr,
> >
> > Why not? You can very much void a credit memo in AP
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Janakiram M.P.
> > MCP-GP
> > http://janakirammp.blogspot.com
> >

> > "rcr" wrote:
> >
> > > Can I reverse a credit note in AP?
0
janakirammp (688)

OneNote
Good Morning All, Am new to one note and have a problem. I was in Outlook Calendar and pressed the Meeting Notes button to send the appointment to OneNote. when I went to OneNote, I clicked the Unfiled Notes button at the bottom left and found the page entry for my meeting. I wasn't paying attention and instead of moving the page on the left to the tab in the notebook I wanted, I moved the entire Unfiled Notes Tab to the notebook. Now, whenever I send a meeting notice etc from Outlook, it goes to that notebook. Since I have many notebooks, I want the unfiled notes t...

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

AP Historical Aged TB
I have three invoices that are on my AP Historical Aged Trial Balance that have been paid. These invoices when originally entered into the system were dated for a period in future (example: invoice was dated 10/01/04 and was posted on 10/01/94 and paid in 10/1994). These invoices showed up on the TB in 10/2004 fiscal period. How do I fixed this? Try looking at Article ID 873948 "Christina" wrote: > I have three invoices that are on my AP Historical Aged Trial Balance that > have been paid. These invoices when originally entered into the system were > dated for a pe...

Credit to Corporate Credit Card
We have GP 10.0 and have run into an issue with credit cards. We set up each credit card as checkcard using a checkbook, and each credit card (6 amex, 1 visa) has it's out account. We are using Project Accounting and lets say for example that all of our shipping charges for XYZ Shipping are automatically charged to our card. I can enter these as invoices and then say it was paid using a check card, or pay it using the check card in payables management. But if XYZ Shipping screws up and charged us wrong they will credit us back for that amount. This shows as a separate charge on ou...

Unable to set up new credit card account
I am trying to set up my new credit card account, but I keep getting the error message "To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared." However, I am online. I am not working offline. When I started the program, the work offline box was cleared. I logged in using my passport. Online updates are working. So, what's the problem? FYI: I am using Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe. Version 14.0.120.1105 Does anyone have suggestions? (Please do not suggest that I switch to Q...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

How does OneNote linked notes in 2010 beta work?
I cannot figure out how exactly OneNote linked notes works in Word 2010. I know it links a document or section from OneNote. But I don't know see the linked notes icon in Word or in One Note? So how does one use this linked notes feature? Linked notes will link back to the source file, and the location, when you took the note. It's pretty cool, actually to have a note filled with hyperlinks back to where you were in Word, PowerPoint, or the Internet Explorer. To see how it works, use the following steps: - In Word, open a previously saved file that contains multiple p...

credit limit holds should be applied immediately
When entering in a SOP invoice, sometimes adding a new line item will exceed the debtors credit limit and if you have Credit Limit Holds setup the system will apply the relevant HOLD to this document. However the HOLD is not applied until you save the order and then you need to re-open it if you wish to clear the hold. It would be nice if the HOLD is applied (i.e. “hold” button goes red") as soon as the line item is entered. -- Winton Gibson ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for thi...

Formulas reversed
Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slash has become "multiply" and the star has become "divide". In other words, these two symbols are reversed. Have no idea how this happened. How can it be reversed back to normal? thanks. Please give an example of formula, values of input cells and result of formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56D666E-70CD-4E8F-97F9-1FAD9CE92024@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slas...

E-mail excel attachment via Lotus Notes
Hi I have a workbook that when I press a button needs to e-mail the active sheet or workbook as an attachment from Lotus Notes. I use the following code, but can not get the attachmentstrig to work. Any ideas? Sub Send_Excel_Cell_Content_To_Lotus_Notes2() Dim noSession As Object, noDatabase As Object, noDocument As Object Dim obAttachment As Object, EmbedObject As Object Dim stSubject As Variant Dim stAttachment As String Dim vaRecipient As Variant, vaMsg As Variant Const EMBED_ATTACHMENT As Long = 1454 ' Starts the For Next loop to assign variable email ...

Reverse engineering
I have to document an Access 97 that has grown like wild blackberries. The database's creator has left us no documentation at all and I would like Visio to extract as much information as possible. So far I have extracted a good UML of the tables. Currently I am doing screen dumps of the forms to show what the screens look like - then pasting them into Visio. What else can I do? Can I extract the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules also - and save and print these out from Visio? Please advise. As I remember there was a "database documenter" with Access. I don...

Reverse arrow for hyperlinks

Note function problem in OL2000: shutdown the OL whenever I create a new note.
Hi, I synchronized the data between my palm VII and my OL2000, using Palm Desktop Software 3.0.1. After that, I found the Notes function in OL2000 doesn't work very well. Whenver I create a new note or want to read an existing note in OL2000, the following error message will pop up. ========================================+ Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library | ----------------------------------------+ Runtime Error! + + Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE + ...

Possible to reverse a row of entries?
Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. thanks Rick Hi in B1 enter =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down for ten rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rs wrote: > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of > entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. > > thanks > > Rick Ric...

Can I reverse the order of data in a set of cells?
I have a column of cells filed with data. I know I can transpose the data 90 degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste it so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference? Thanks to anyone who can help. I am using Excel 2003. One way, insert a new column or use an existing, number it from 1 - n (where n is the last index value you want to reverse the order of, so if your column is 100 rows number the help column 1, 2, 3 - 100) select both columns and sort descending on the help column -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "salwitt"...

Reversal encryption
Hello, I need a good algorithm for encrypting some vital information about my app in an INI file. I have a class for MD5, but it's not reversible. I'd like to use a private or public key to decrypt the text. By the way, what's the difference between private and public key when we talk about encryption? Sugestions, please? I have googled about the public key encryption and found that CryptoAPI is used frequently. Is this API part of the Windows? If not, what I need to use it? "Jeova Almeida" <jeovaalmeida@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem news:e1uwDhuTJHA...

Batching credit cards
If you are not using integrated credit cards and for now are just swiping the credit card to populate the data into RMS (the processing is done through their eclipse machine now), will there be any issues with these credit card batches when they do go to integrated credit cards? Obviously they don't want these batches to get processed accidentally. Will making sure that the "Perform Verification for EDC" box is NOT CHECKED until they integrate the EDC with Wells Fargo? This is located under Database/Tender Type/Credit Card/Properties. Pat You are correct. Rob "Pa...

Apply credit memos to payments during Cash Receipt entry.
When entering cash receipts customers often short pay without listing the credit memo being taken. It would be nice to see the open credit memos when applying invoices to a payment and be able to choose the credit memo at that time. Else you have to open another screen to complete the process. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

Reverse List?
Greetings! What's happening with the reverse list as of late? It seems like it's not updating anymore since the contacts that I add are never displayed. I have tested this by using my primary account to add my secondary account and then accepting the invitation on the secondary account, my secondary account (target) could see my primary account (source) in the list, but my primary account could not see my secondary account, and both had each other in their contact lists. Thanks in advance; -- jps Greetings jps, I have no real fix for you, but I can confirm...

Setting Credit Limit in Original Currency
Hi, We are using GP v8.00 SP5. Is there a way to set Customer's Credit Limit in Original Currency ? TIA, Sugih No this isn't possible for a few different reasons. One is that you can enter a transaction for any customer in any currency that is set up and so the only thing that would tie the amounts together is the functional currency. patrick dev suppport -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sugih" <Sugih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37CE7730-DBBB-4BE6-AB67-2CF68BB75379@microsoft.com......

credit card payments #6
i don't understand what to do , in order to make a credit card payment. i gave you an example: i bought a computer that cost me 1000$. i I'm paying for it through my credit card , 5 equal payments of 200$ each. my credit card debt stand on 0$ (before the computer). my credit card debt stand on 1500$ (after the computer). now, On may 10th i need to pay 200$ - i need to see how much i need to pay in may (I'll probably have more purchases) and after that the debt will be 800$. how can i enter this info , so the program will show me what's really happening in my accounts. ho...

Is Credit card information stored in any tables within the RMS sof
.. Is the credit card number stored anywhere (tables, etc) within the Microsoft product? (concerned about security) Andrea I've only seen it in the TenderEntry table and the QuoteTenderEntry table. It looks to me that it only holds the last 4 digits of the card (ie. XXXXXXXXXXXX9874). Michael -- First District Association "Andrea" wrote: > . Is the credit card number stored anywhere (tables, etc) within the > Microsoft product? (concerned about security) > Andrea Andrea, If you set SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options | General Options | if you che...

Customer EFT Reversal
In GP 10, we're getting ready to start using Electronic Funds Transfer in our Receivables area, i.e, we're going to take our customers' payments directly from their bank accounts. If there's a problem where we take a customer's money in error, how do we put it back into their back account using EFT? Thanks! Mary Fetsch ...

Money 2005 Cash Flow Shows Multiple Credit Card Payment
When I run the Cash Flow report in Money 2005 I have multiple transactions for my credit cards in the cash flow. And example is I have a recurring transaction for a credit card in the debt planner for $100.00 due on 3/5. I see the recurring transaction on the cash flow report. Right below the recurring transaction there is 2 more payments that are not recurring for the same credit card, same payment amount, and same payment date. In the bills and deposits section, I only show 1 transaction. Any suggestions? Edit the scheduled payment series. Just retype the amount or something else...

STOP SHARING NOTES
I used "Share my Notes Folder" option, and now the person has all the notes she needs, and I want to stop the sharing. How do I rescind the "share" feature for Notes? pjfelton <pjfelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I used "Share my Notes Folder" option, and now the person has all the > notes she needs, and I want to stop the sharing. How do I rescind > the "share" feature for Notes? Remove her permission from the Properties. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Thank you for your reply, but I just looked on every menu item, and r...