revenue expense deferral, recurring batches

If there is a transaction that happens monthly - and there is a need to defer
these, it will be very helpful is the RED feature can be available for use in
recurring batches.
Currently, this is not possible and it becomes inconvenient to keep on
entering transactions that happen on a regular basis.
Quick journals are no help as you can not defer transactions on them as well.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=204d9b34-0d43-473c-835c-175eb946ca50&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Leng (11)

Recurring Problems with Links with Full Path Names
I have two workbooks, both of which are in the same directory, one referencing cells in the other. The dependent workbook (the one containing the reference to the source workbook) displays a #VALUE! error. The formula in the cell is: =IF(Budget_Date="none",0,DSUM('N:\Corporate\Finance\Project_Financial_Reports\1_2005_Reports\QB_Budget.xls'!Project_Direct_Expenses,Project_ID,Revenue_Criteria)) (Note the fully qualified path.) If I remove the path name, the #ERROR! goes away and the correct value is shown. The new formula in the cell is: =IF(Budget_Date="none",...

How do I import data from a table into a working payables batch?
I trying to create a table to import credit card transactions from our corporate card into a working payables batch so it can be posted to payables module as a normal batch? Any help on how and were to start would be greatly appreciated. Pete Can you get the credit card data as a CSV or Excel file? You could use Integration Manager to import the file. "Pete Kaufman" <Pete Kaufman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87FF509E-3A65-4C08-81C9-5058442C2344@microsoft.com... >I trying to create a table to import credit card transactions from our > corporate...

Batch Recovery #4
All, One our great plain users get the following error in batch recovery when they check the batch and hit continue: "you have not marked any batches for posting?" I orginally thought it might be a privilage issue but it doesn't appear to be since others with the same privilages do not experiance the issue. Any help would be appriciated. Jamal Jamal, the problem is that the batch is not responding. I recommend you review knowledgebase article: 865968 as there are three possible solutions. Hope this helps, rc "Jamal" wrote: > All, > > One o...

Revenue Field in Opportunity Form
We have just upgraded to CRM 4.0. The revenue field in the opportunity form does not allow me to enter the amounts without skeweing it. For example if I enter 1 and click on save it will give me 10000 if I put 10 = 100000 and so forth. How can I make it so that it keeps the figure I am entering? Thank you, ...

Recurring activitiy appointments (ie phone call every week)
We've implemented a CRM deployment and just realised we cannot do this. It's a serious shortfall in an account handlers daily duties not to have a reminder which accounts to maintain. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busi...

Deferred Revenue / Recognized Revenue Report
Does GP 9.0 have Deferred Revenue / Recognized Revenue Reports? I haven't been able to find any. I have been trying to put a SmartList together to track revenue recognition transactions, but I cannot find which table is associated with the Deferred Entry window. Can anyone help? "tbrook" wrote: > Does GP 9.0 have Deferred Revenue / Recognized Revenue Reports? ...

Recurring events
How do I implement recurring events in MS Access? Need more input! What is recurring? Preventive maintenance inspection? Rent? What will you do with the data? What will your table structure look like? -- Build a little, test a little. "princess_emef" wrote: > How do I implement recurring events in MS Access? Best article I found was: http://www.allenbrowne.com/AppRecur.html If you are using some kind of third-party calendar control you could use some of their built-in logic to handle complex types of recurring events, or write a lot of code to handl...

Batch Printing Sort Order
Hello, In trying to get our company to use Great Plains more efficiently, I ran into a small issue surrounding the way GP sorts when it prints batches. Scenerio 1: If a user goes into each individual order, changes the batch ID and transfers that order to a invoice, then saves and moves on to the next order. When she prints out the batch of newly transferred invoices, it prints/sorts them by invoice number. Scenerio 2: If the user saves orders individually to a different batch ID and then transfers the entire batch to invoice they print in a sort order by master record number. I...

Revenue
I'm considering either GP or Nav. I have following issue How do you record deferred revenue (monthly) based on contract term and as well as backlog (future billings) if the contract is over 1 year. I would like to print backlog report for management Thanks... -- Sandeep If the payment is a regular amount, then GP has a Scheduled Payments system that will allow you to book deferred revenue and monthly transfer the deferred to receivables or which ever account you need. Other schemes are not so clean but you could book the revenue with a journal entry and set up a recurring batch...

Calling a batch file
Hello, I'm a MFC newbie. 1) How do I call a batch file? 2) How can I capture the test output produced by the batch file to display in sat a list box? Or is it easier to just have the DOS window pop up with it's own display? Thanks for any help, Joe You can use a few different functions to run a batch file. ShellExecute, WinExec.... Anyway, one way to get the output and display it in a listbox is to have your dos program write the output to a file, and either while the dos program is running or after it is done, open the file and retrieve the output. Ali R. "jfradley&qu...

Deposits are subtracted, expensed added!
I'm using Money2005. Hadn't used it in a while due to log on errors with my bank. That's now resolved. However, the math seems to have reversed. My deposits are subtracted from the balances and the expenses are added to the balance. If I reverse the sign for a deposit, Money changes it to an expense and then adds it to the balance. The same in reverse if I do this with an expense. I tried the quick and standard file repairs with no effect. Any ideas???? Are you referring to transactions downloaded from the bank? If so, by what means do you download them? -- Chris Co...

revenue simulation
I want to use the excel to simulate the next 5 years revenue using year 2005 sales volume and pricing model as the base year. In order to simulate the next 5 years result, I would like to make a parameter "Estimated growth in sales volume". So that I can see the result in case the sales increase or decrease. In attached worksheet 1, I created the summary sheets which shows the revenue figure from 2005 - 2010 and the simulation parameter. This worksheet referencing sheet 4, which contains the revenue breakdown on Product A and B. While Sheet 2 has the pricing model and Sheet 3 ...

Sales Invoice # in a recurring batch
My client has invoices in a recurring batch and is using 5 characters for the Document Number (ie. 10001). When it posts, the Document Number becomes 10001000000000000001, 10001000000000000002, etc. For recurring batches, it appears that GP is adding characters to the Document Number to the maximum 20. The Sales/Invoices field in Receivables Setup holds 17 characters. The Document Number field on the Receivables Posting Journal holds 20 characters. Can this be controlled anywhere? -- JB ...

Expenses not showing in budget
If I have an expense in a month and categorize it as something that I did not predefine in my budget when I set it up (i.e. Automobile Maintenance), why doesn't it show up as an expense when reviewing my budget for that month. I would think that even though I did not put a place holder for this category when setting up the budget, it would still show up when looking at my expenses but just show the budgeted amount as 0. I can't check here, but isn't there a row for expenses out of budget accounts? "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Batch Recovery error...missing script message?
A user is posting a batch to the RM series (she does this all the time so this is nothing new). Receives a "posting interrupted" message on the master posting screen. We went to batch recovery and marked it and did a continue, but it still did not post. It returns the message: Script 'RM_Post_Validate_GL_Dist_DocType_0_Ex' not found. I checked the SY00500 table for the company and the entry is there. It looks "normal" as far as I can tell. There is no batch entry for it in the Dynamics SY00800 table. I don't know if that's an issue or not. I t...

Invoke PowerShell Script from Batch File
Richard just helped me write a PowerShell script to enable/disable a net adapter. Now I want to run the script from a batch file. I tried this: PowerShell -file EnableAdapter.ps1 with no luck. EnableAdapter.ps1 is in my path. It works if I run it from a PS prompt: & EnableAdapter.ps1. It also works if I use the noexit option: PowerShell -noexit -file EnableAdapter.ps1 Is it timing out or something? How can I get the first one to work? Fred If you do: PowerShell -file full_path\EnableAdapter.ps1 Then does it work? Marco "Frederick R. Hut...

Project Accounting (contracts and expenses): multicurrency?
Hi, I will like to now if in any edition of GP is it possible to manage contracts and expenses in differente currencies. For example: A customer contract in Euros and expenses users charges in Euros. A customer contract in US dollars and expenses users charges in US dollars A customer contract in Euros and expenses users charges in US dollars If there is any brochure or material for reading about this I will be very gratefully. Tks. Multi currency functionality exists in PA but it is not as comprehensive as I would have liked. You can book entries in other currencies, but many of the r...

Outlook 2007 Recurring Appointment Problem
We are running Exchange 2007 and we have one client who is having a strange issue. This user was on Windows XP and Outlook 2003 and was given a new laptop last month with Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. He also is a Blackberry user and we have BES in house. The problem started with the new laptop. Here is what's happening. He created a weekly recurring appointment with attendees. At then end of each appointment he updates the notes for next weeks appointment and sends them out to the attendees. The appointment appears correctly at first but then within 24 hours the appointment for the ...

Select Revenue Recognition by Contract Type
It would be very helpful to be able to select to revenue to be posted by Contract Type as well as by date and period id. This functionality was added to the contract billing window, and it would make sense to add it to the revenue recognition window as well. We are currently using version 8.0. ...

Estimated Revenue of an Opportunity 03-07-07
It would be very useful to be able to simply quote an amount for an Opportunity without having to break the amount down into individual products. This can be done through the Estimated Revenue field of an Opportunity. When it is set to be user provided, the estimated revenue is not carried over automatically when a related quote is created. Write-in products can be added to a Quote, Order or Invoice to achieve that functionality but as far as I can see there is no facility to achieve the same thing with an Opportunity. Basically I would like to set an Estimated Revenue value for an Opportunit...

Recurring message
I am getting a message that is recurring every 5 minutes and have been told my email is corrupted - how can I correct it so that Outlook realizes it has been retrieved already? I would try using the "/CleanReminders" switch. It Cleans and regenerates reminders. OL2000: Additional Command-Line Switches This article was previously published under Q197180 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;197180& -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "John r" <jpassero@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:061101c350ae$f5b35c90$a401280a@phx.gbl... I am getting...

Require Batch Approval Checkbox Inactive
I was working in the Posting Setup window and somehow managed to mark the Require Batch Approval box for all Series and all Origins. I went through and manually changed settings on most but was unable to unmark the checkbox on a few Origins in Purchasing because the box was inactive. How do I activate the checkbox so that I can unmark it? -- Pete P. Pete, The following query will unmark all checkboxes for the purchasing series automatically to not require batch approval. You will need to execute against your company database: update sy02300 set REQBAPRV = 0 where Series = 4 Best r...

Unbudgeted expense report
I'm looking for a way to easily show/print a report of all unbudgeted expense transactions? When showing the Monthly Budget report, there is one line item for "Other Expenses". I can display those transactions by double-clicking on that line item. But can I print them somehow? Is there a way to do this Money 2002 Deluxe? -Stephen ...

Non Revenue Items
Is there any way to have Non Revenue items in RMS SO 2.0? I would like to setup these non revenue items for the selling of gift cards and for money that we collect (for selling some items) on behalf of one of our other non RMS stores. Just like the money we receive when we sell a gift card, the (very few) items that we sell on behalf of one of our other stores should not be used in any sales reporting, margin calculations etc. (I know I can filter these items out of reports but it would be a lot of work to either set it up every or to change all the report queries.) Any suggestions or...

Problem with recurring deposit
Hi, I set up my direct deposit paycheck as a recurring deposit. Because the every other week direct depost may vary by several hundred dollars, the amount is entered as an estimate. Money 04 never recognizes each subsequent downloaded deposit as being the recurring deposit, even though the name (ie "Hospital OPay") is the same, and the dates match exactly. Any ideas? Thanks... In microsoft.public.money, Lee Miller wrote: > >I set up my direct deposit paycheck as a recurring deposit. Because the >every other week direct depost may vary by several hundred dollars, th...