revalue parts that have zero standard cost only

You should be able to revalue items that have zero standard cost without
revaluing all parts. New items are being added to our system daily which need
a cost associated with them and we can not wait till we revalue every part to
get a cost on them.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=90dde7e7-3f3e-4442-bebc-aff75c3a6f4e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Dos (5)

Mass Cost Change Utility
There should be a utility to do a mass change on the item's cost by percent (like the Price List Utility) for the following reasons: 1. Vendors are changing prices, due to higher fuel costs, higher manufacturing costs, etc. Some do it as a percentage of list and costs. 2. When prices change with vendors, our inventory items need to be changed. With over 7500 in inventory items, it is very time consuming to change each item at a time. It will be great to see this feature in future GP releases ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the su...

change the cost of kit item number in an order/return
hen entering an order or return to have the ability to change the cost of the item or kit on the actual order or return instead of having to go into another area, change the cost, finish the order/return, then go back and change the cost again. At this point in GPS 9. we can only change the cost on a return of a single item number, but not on a kit item number. And you can not change the cost on an order for an item number or a kit number. The ability to do this would save time in inventory cost adjustments and keep more accurate inventory figures at hand. ---------------- This post i...

High Standard Cost Revaluation Amount
Hello: In GP Manufacturing 10.0, what are some things that typically cause the Standard Cost Revaluation account to be so large in one month and not so large in the other months? childofthe1980s First of all, running it each month is not normal. Most SC firms revalue one, two, or four times a year. However..... Look for manufacturing costs variances by using the Order Variance window under Inquiry->Manufacturin->MOs->Order Variance. Look for material variances here as the rollup will pull actual material costs at the proposed rate of consumption but only proposed labor an...

Displaying Trend Data which includes zero values
I am creating trend charts which looks at monthly data from the yea 2000. My data table is set up from April 2000 to March 2005. The chart are set up to read all this data, so that when the monthly data i updated the charts are automatically updated with all the values t date. However I don't want zero's displaying on my chart on the months tha havn't occurred, although zero may be a value within the data se itself. Is this possible? I know about using NA() but this doesn't work if zero was a value fo January 2003 for example, I would want zero to show here, but the grap to st...

Total budget column filled with Zeros 2002
Annual budget report shows monthly budget amounts and actuals but onl;y the actuals appear in the total column. How to fix please. -- Thanks Chris ...

Zero decimal getting dropped.
I produce a report with a number to 3 decimal places. If the last decimal place is a zero it drops it and only prints two decimal places. This makes the whole column look jagged. I put in Properties, Decimal Places 3, but it still drops it. What to do? Thanks. Use the Format() function to turn it into a string value with three decimals. Leading and trailing zeros in a numeric field make no sense and as such are dropped. Phil wrote: >I produce a report with a number to 3 decimal places. If the last decimal >place is a zero it drops it and only prints two decimal places. This ...

Quick Parts and Normalemail.dotm
My users have discovered Quick Parts and are going certifiably crazy adding them to their Outlook application. One user had a very large library of Quick Parts and suddenly lost them. It has sent a confidence shaking shockwave throughout the community. I can only assume that the Normalemail.dotm, where Quick Parts are saved, is corrupt. Is there a way I can edit the template to piece it back together again? Are Quick Parts saved outside of the Normalemail.dotm in an XML file and could I point a new template to it? They should be stored in that file. You can open it from withi...

Multicurrency Revaluation
I have a cash account and an expense account that both have Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars as their originating currency. The functional currency is US Dollars. (I am using the Fabrikam Company for testing purposes) I posted a credit to the cash account and a debit to the expense account in each of the currencies. I want to revalue the amounts and post to an unrealized gain and loss account for each of the currencies. The exchange rates have changed. When I use revalue, it creates a multicurrency revalue batch and when I try to post it I get the following error and it will not...

Is there a way to deduct inventory that are not part of kit?
Hi, I have a question on inventory and hoping someone might be able to help or point me to the right direction. We have a lot of inventory set up in GP as "sales inventory" item type. For every SKU #100 we sell, we need to add in 1 lock (SKU #L). For every SKU #101 we sell, we need to add in 2 locks (SKU #L). We also sell SKU# 100, SKU #101 and SKU #L individually. If I set up SKU #100 as a kit, it won't let me enter itself as a component. I don't want to set up a new SKU and then add #100 and #L as components. Any thoughts? Mary, Is SKU #100 curre...

find last part of text
seems easy but I can't figure it out I want the last 13 sets of character (as numbers) representing monthly occurances (the last being the total) of cell values in a1 ZXCVSL 1015L 04 ITEM UNLINED BOX C 0 3 0 2 1 15 2 2 0 0 0 0 24 ZXCVSL 1015L 04 ITEM UNLINED BOX 1 3 0 0 1 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 9 so that for with the 1st line, cell d1 = 0, e1=3, f1=0,g1=2.... and the 2nd line, cell d2 = 1, e2=3, f2=0,g2=0.... On Nov 21, 6:09=A0am, "caveman.savant" <caveman.sav...@gmail.com> wrote: > seems easy but I can't figure it out > I want the last 13 sets of character (as numbers)...

How to integrate an MFC 7.0 DLL into a standard C++ application
Hi How to integrate an MFC 7.0 DLL into a standard C++ application. I'm going to use an OPC Toolkit for C++ and have to interface my MFC DLLs. How do I do this? Any recommendations? Links? Regards Kjell Arne Johansen Hello, You have just said MFC 7 DLL, but which DLL, Extension, Regular with MFC Statically Link, or Regular with MFC Dynamically link ? If you could compile your MFC DLL then link it with /MAP option or say generate MAP file. This file will have all the decorated functions, use these names to create the .DEF file. Now, if your problem is just how to link the existing DLL...

revalue parts that have zero standard cost only
You should be able to revalue items that have zero standard cost without revaluing all parts. New items are being added to our system daily which need a cost associated with them and we can not wait till we revalue every part to get a cost on them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

send as COMPATIBLE STANDARD message
I know Microsoft doesn't use standard markup language, but I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to do an email marketing campaign without buying a mac. I love the concept - open a publisher template, fill in the blanks, send it to all of my customers using business contact manager & track the results. In practice, when I open the email in my hotmail account, all of that lovely publisher formatting looks awful and oll of the pictures show up as attachments. Does anyone have any ideas that will simplify this process? If you're using Outlook...

Page Viewer Web Part, MOSS & BP
We are configuring & adding content to a new MOSS 2007 Portal. In one area we are trying to tie in some of the content from the existing Business Portal. Due to access concerns, the Great Plains 9 data will not be linked directly into the new MOSS site(and we're not ready to update to 10.0 yet). We are using a "Page Viewer" web part to make certain BP 3.0 site pages available, but keep them isolated. Now this works with some pages and not with others. I suspect it has something to do with the way the "Page Viewer" web part works. Anyone have an idea as t...

Financial Series Revaluation
What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the following: a. Realized Gain/loss b. Unrealized Gain/loss with revesing entry unmarked. Jack: With the financial series reval, the only difference is which set of accounts gets used to post the revaluation transactions and, in the latter case, if a reversing entry in the next period is made. "Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eggrPChSGHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the > following: > > a. Realized G...

can i change the part of the data in a colum?
i need to know if i can change the last 2 digit's for an entire colum. it currently has 8-10 digit's but i need to alter the last 2 for all rows. Is this possible and how, if it is? Thanks Phil :) Hi Phil, If you have your list of numbers (8 to 10 digits) in column A, put this formula =MID(A1,1,LEN(A1)-2) &C1 in column B (copy formula down to last corresponding entry in Column A). In Column C, insert the numbers that you want added. The formula in column B will extract the numbers in column A (except the last 2 numbers) and add the numbers that you have placed in col...

Office 2002 standard on windows 7
Office 2002 will not install on this windows 7. It gets halfway and then I get a message that it can't read the program. Any help. This is windows 7 home edition, Please post the full error message when asking for assistance. Thanks! -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, James The First asked: | Office 2002 will not install on this windows 7. It gets halfway and | then I get a messag...

Keeping Leading ZIP Code Zeros in CSV
Hi All, I am making mailing lists for postcards. I make the list in Excel an the Northeast area (Boston) zip codes require a preceeding zero. Well that's no problem in the XLS file as I can format the colum "Format-Cells-Number-Special-Zip Code" and in pop the required zeros My problem is when I convert to CSV like the postcard place wants th mailing list, I lose all the zeros again, as it's now a text file. What I think I need is a Macro I could run once the CSV is created tha will add a SPACE and a ZERO to the front of the zips. I COULD do i manually, but there are a lot...

Revaluation Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C0_01C85927.FD63EC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Good day. I would like to ask whether anyone has encountered an error = saying "This year does not exist" when performing Multicurrency = Revaluation? Basically we have already checked the Fiscal Period Setup as well as = verified the Audit Trail Code Setup and everything seems to be okay. Is = there any other thing we may need to check? Thanks in advance! ------=_NextPart_000...

prohibit users from creating new sites/part numbers
GP 8.0 when you type in a site for example in the transfer screen and the site doesn't exist, the program asks you if you want to create it. We do NOT want anyone creating new sites or part numbers who isn't in the Logistics group. Is there any way to prohibit this behavior by the program. I 've looked all through advanced security and turned off the cards for a certain class of user, but the program still asks if they want to create a new site/part number. I do not have Field Level Security module. Thanks! Margaret Margaret, The next step, after the user says Yes to se...

Standard user accounts
Hi, I've created Standard user accounts for the SBS2008 network I look after. As you all know, standard user accounts stop users installing programs which you might not approve of. (prompts for elevated credentials) However, it also stops lots of things I wouldn't mind users doing themselves such as installing a printer. Up until now, i've been going to the users desks and typing in elevated credentials - now i'm a bit sick of doing this :-) Is there any other way of getting around this without compromising on security? I thought about creating an accou...

Word 2007 Quick Parts not saving
Hello - When I create a Quick Part in Word 2007 then exit from Word, I am not getting the prompt "You have modified styles, building blocks" etc. asking me if I want to save changes to Building Blocks.dotx. So my Quick Parts are not being saved. How can I get this prompt back? I have tried checking and unchecking the Word Advanced Option to "Prompt before saving Normal template" but that doesn't make a difference either way. (Background on how I create the Quick Part: I name it, choose gallery "Quick Parts," Category "General," Sav...

landed costs #4
We are trying to implement landed costs in GP9 and have a few questions. 1. what should we use for the landed cost IDs? We have multi-currency vendors with imports from overseas including customs, duties, freight, brokerage fees, fuel surcharges, etc. We also have domestic shipments. Our shipments can be via ocean, air, LTL, etc. each with a different cost associated. 2. do we need to have separate landed cost IDs for each vendor or for each currency type? 3. we have our vendors use our freight account? how do we match the invoice from the freight company to the inventory purchase...

Business Portal User able to modify Shared Web Part Regradless of
I was under the impression user in the Reader role can not modified any shared Web Part but that was not the case. I am running BP2.5 with GP 8. Any one else had this problem and if there are any work around?? ...

Difference of empty cell and zero value when formatting
I'd like to conditionally format a cell if the value zero is entered into it, however to leave the cell without formatting if the cell if empty. My attempts at doing so using something like formula is =q54=0 format the cell regardless of whether the cell has a zero or is empty! Appreciate any help...thanks! Try the formula =AND(q54<>"",q54=0) -- Jacob "Al" wrote: > I'd like to conditionally format a cell if the value zero is entered into it, > however to leave the cell without formatting if the cell if empty. My > attem...