Revalue Inventory

	Revalue Inventory - PO for say 100, GRN at 110 and vendor invoice at
120 [Sivakumar]
i.	Accept increased rate and revalue inventory
ii.	Accept increased rate but do not revalue inventory instead charge
to purchase price variance
iii.	Reject increased rate and do not revalue inventory

Above is scenarios how we can do in GP.

I strongly advise against revaluing inventory as it frequently results in the
inventory stock status value being different from the GL value.  If you
receive an item at 100, then sell some of the item, and then revalue, part of
the material is not available to revalue.  Let it post to PPV.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"ssivakumars2" wrote:

> 	Revalue Inventory - PO for say 100, GRN at 110 and vendor invoice at
> 120 [Sivakumar]
> i.	Accept increased rate and revalue inventory
> ii.	Accept increased rate but do not revalue inventory instead charge
> to purchase price variance
> iii.	Reject increased rate and do not revalue inventory
>
> Above is scenarios how we can do in GP.

0
info4071 (3003)
3/12/2008 2:03:00 AM
If after reading Richard's reply you still want to revalue inventory the
settings are found on the Item Purchasing Options Maintenance window. Down at
the bottom of the window is the Revalue Inventory for Cost Variance checkbox.

This field is available only for Sales Inventory and Discontinued items that
have FIFO Perpetual, LIFE Perpetual or Average Perpetual valuation methods.
(If the valuation method for the item is FIFO Periodic or LIFO Periodic, the
revaluation always occurs.)

Mark this option to have purchase invoice receipts revalued if the cost
variance for a matched invoice is greater than the tolerance percentage.

The tolerance percentage field is available only if Revalue Inventory for
Cost Variance is marked.

Enter the percentage difference between the shipment receipt and the matched
invoice that must occur to have purchase receipts revalued. The purchase
receipt will be revalued if the cost variance (expressed as a percentage) is
the same as or more than the Tolerance Percentage. The difference can be
positive or negative.

If the Tolerance Percentage is 0%, then the purchase receipt will be
revalued every time there’s a cost variance.

For example, suppose you’ve marked Revalue Inventory for Cost Variance for
an item, and that you’ve entered 10 percent for the tolerance. You have a
shipment receipt for three items at $10 per unit.

Later you receive an invoice for the items that shows that the per-unit cost
of the items has changed. If the percentage difference between the cost on
the shipment receipt and on the invoice is equal to or greater than the
tolerance percentage, then the purchase receipt will be revalued.

Shipment cost = $10
Tolerance = 10%
Invoice cost = $11
Purchase receipt revalued? Yes

Shipment cost = $10
Tolerance = 10%
Invoice cost = $9.50
Purchase receipt revalued? No

Shipment cost = $10
Tolerance = 10%
Invoice cost = $8

"ssivakumars2" wrote:

> 	Revalue Inventory - PO for say 100, GRN at 110 and vendor invoice at
> 120 [Sivakumar]
> i.	Accept increased rate and revalue inventory
> ii.	Accept increased rate but do not revalue inventory instead charge
> to purchase price variance
> iii.	Reject increased rate and do not revalue inventory
>
> Above is scenarios how we can do in GP.

0
LeslieVail (702)

Inventory sheet to track, order & reduce quantity from master.
I want to build a workbook to track and order inventory. On one sheet (Master sheet) I have the entire inventory listed -columns included the lot number, product code, item number, description,expiration, and quantity available. I want to compare it to a column that has the quantity on hand in the Master sheet - and subtract the number from the Master sheet to track inventory. If a quantity needs to be ordered, I would type the product number and the inventory sheet would lift the description, lot numbers available for distribution, expiration dates, and quantities available from th...

How to track inventory..of a non-inventory item...
I know it sounds like a codundrum, and I suppose it is... I would like to track sales of a particular supplier, in this case, my supplier is a Tattoo Artist (we run a Tattoo Studio in a mall). I don't want to track sales as a cashier, becasue I want to eliminate any error of not having a cashier sign ino or the sale going to the wrong person. So, currently I have a supplier set up for each artist. Once they are done, I use a barcode from a printout, that then tracks their sale. The problem is, I then have to have the tattoo entered as inventory. It's a workaround, but when doing the...

High Standard Cost Revaluation Amount
Hello: In GP Manufacturing 10.0, what are some things that typically cause the Standard Cost Revaluation account to be so large in one month and not so large in the other months? childofthe1980s First of all, running it each month is not normal. Most SC firms revalue one, two, or four times a year. However..... Look for manufacturing costs variances by using the Order Variance window under Inquiry->Manufacturin->MOs->Order Variance. Look for material variances here as the rollup will pull actual material costs at the proposed rate of consumption but only proposed labor an...

Real Time inventory transaction posting from visual studio sdk
I'm trying to enter an inventory transaction (update/transfer) from developer toolkit (visual studio sdk, not eConnect). I don't manage to do that or to find the relevant procedures which enable me to post a transaction. Does any body have any idea regarding that or its only possible to do that through dexterity and eConnect? I'm trying to decrease depandancy from Dexterity and work either through the code in c# or issuing transaction directly to DB to the relevat tables according the sdk instructions. my clients can not afford eConnect or integration manager as well they a...

Multicurrency Revaluation
I have a cash account and an expense account that both have Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars as their originating currency. The functional currency is US Dollars. (I am using the Fabrikam Company for testing purposes) I posted a credit to the cash account and a debit to the expense account in each of the currencies. I want to revalue the amounts and post to an unrealized gain and loss account for each of the currencies. The exchange rates have changed. When I use revalue, it creates a multicurrency revalue batch and when I try to post it I get the following error and it will not...

Is there a way to deduct inventory that are not part of kit?
Hi, I have a question on inventory and hoping someone might be able to help or point me to the right direction. We have a lot of inventory set up in GP as "sales inventory" item type. For every SKU #100 we sell, we need to add in 1 lock (SKU #L). For every SKU #101 we sell, we need to add in 2 locks (SKU #L). We also sell SKU# 100, SKU #101 and SKU #L individually. If I set up SKU #100 as a kit, it won't let me enter itself as a component. I don't want to set up a new SKU and then add #100 and #L as components. Any thoughts? Mary, Is SKU #100 curre...

Problem With Physical Inventories
We are currently having a problem with commiting phyical inventories. We keep getting this error message. "Invalid count date. In order to continue, itmes must not have count dates that are earlier than the physical inventory open time" I am guessing that it is a timestamp problem. We have checked the calendars and clocks on all the machines and they are all correct. When we goto calclate the inventories we get this message. We have gotten this message at various times but the weird thing is that some counts we enter are a couple of days after the counts are created. Does...

Inventory Batch re-create after checklink
I saw a orphaned batch in Inventory, therefore I deleted it and I checked the SY00500 table to make sure it is gone. However; I ran the CheckLink, it is recreated itself, why? I tried a couple times, and check the SY00500 table too. Whenever I ran the checklink, the inventory batch created itself. After checklink, the report said... Batch number XXXX has been added. -- Kane Kane, Apparently there is an unposted transaction sitting out there. When you run checklinks, it is re-creating a batch associated with the transaction(s). Run a Smartlist on inventory transactions and filter ...

revalue parts that have zero standard cost only
You should be able to revalue items that have zero standard cost without revaluing all parts. New items are being added to our system daily which need a cost associated with them and we can not wait till we revalue every part to get a cost on them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Financial Series Revaluation
What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the following: a. Realized Gain/loss b. Unrealized Gain/loss with revesing entry unmarked. Jack: With the financial series reval, the only difference is which set of accounts gets used to post the revaluation transactions and, in the latter case, if a reversing entry in the next period is made. "Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eggrPChSGHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the > following: > > a. Realized G...

Revaluation Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C0_01C85927.FD63EC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Good day. I would like to ask whether anyone has encountered an error = saying "This year does not exist" when performing Multicurrency = Revaluation? Basically we have already checked the Fiscal Period Setup as well as = verified the Audit Trail Code Setup and everything seems to be okay. Is = there any other thing we may need to check? Thanks in advance! ------=_NextPart_000...

Inventory Allocation Accounts
I am using a system that was set up before I got here and the installers are not available. The Inventory Offset is set to the same GL account as Overhead Variances and Assembly Variance (inventory account). Purchase Price Variance is a different inventory account. Plain "Variance" is an expense account. The Applied Overhead account is an expense account and I do not see where it is relieved...Year end JE? I work in GP alot, but only in inventory/manufacturing on a surface level. Is there info out there for details on set up and function? I have gone thru the regular s...

Need to create inventory, customer in excel
Trying to get several files such as inventory, customer, vendor, etc. over to a MS Excel file. I need all data fields offered brought over. Dan There are 2 ways, 1. Open report giving you desired info. select coulmns (Show hide columns) you want, there is an option at the top to export it to any desired format. (try CSV.) 2. Go to administrator, use SQL query to give you all required fields. Go to File > Export to export it to CSV format. Sagar "Dan'O" wrote: > Trying to get several files such as inventory, customer, vendor, etc. over to > a MS Excel file. I ne...

Inventory: Average Lead Time vs Planning Lead Time
Hi, In "Cards > Inventory > Vendors" (ie. Item Vendors Maintenance) there is a field called "Average lead Time". I see that this is a calculated field and that makes sense. The Help for this field says: Average Lead Time - Enter the average number of days that pass between the time you place an order with this vendor and the time you receive the order. There is another field here called "Planning Lead Time". It's Help says: Planning Lead Time - Enter the number of days you use in planning between the time you place an order with this vendor and th...

Revaluation.
Hi, I have problem with reverse transaction revaluation. All the times, return empty report. I run a revaluation to 13/02/06 and 14/02/06, when I try to reverse this revaluation I have no result on the report. The main problem is that if I revaluate againg, the report acumulate all values for each document. I appreciate any help... -- Evelin. ...

Inventory Transfer #5
I am using RMS1.3 I need to know, How HQ know Inventory transfer between Stores? -- Mr. Ibrahim Zubair ? ?? ?? HQ ? during a data request upload...all stores data will be updated in HQ.Now if you want the status of each Inventory Transfer, there is a report that will tell you InventoryTransfer status-->In HQ Manager-->View-->Inventory Transfer Status... I hope it help.. :) "Ibrahim Zubair" wrote: > I am using RMS1.3 I need to know, How HQ know Inventory transfer between > Stores? > -- > Mr. Ibrahim Zubair ...

Bank Management Revaluation
We would like to request a separate revaluation process for Bank Management. This is becasue when you use the Revaluation process in GP a Bank GL account can potentially have 3 different currencies in it. For example, if the functional currency is NZD, if you transfer from a USD dollar cheque book to a AUD cheque book. In the AUD Bank GL account originating DR/CR is in USD. All other payments from this cheque book are in AUD. When you use the revaluation process in GP (and posting the revalue amount to the Bank Acount NOT a financial offset account) the results are incorrect - that is t...

Negative allocations in Inventory
Client is experiencing negative allocatons in inventory whenever they delete an order. I know they can run the RECONCILE procedure to fix the problem, even though it will take time to run through every item in inventory. WHAT WOULD CAUSE THE SYSTEM TO CREATE NEGATIVE ALLOCATIONS? We have had similar problems using Feed Mill Manager with Great Plains. Not sure what the cause is, but the reconcile is the only thing so far that corrects the issue. BTW, how many items are in your item master table? Also how many sites? We have over 600,000 item/site combonations, and it takes about 7 ...

POP Transaction Revaluation
Is it possible to do multicurrency revaluation on tractions originating from POP and SOP same like tractions originated from Purchasing Transaction Entry and Sales Transaction Entry in receivable and payable. ...

Inventory Purchase Receipts
There is a Smartlist called Inventory Purchase Receipts which, I think, shows you your FIFO stack. Unfortunately, there is not date associated with the qty sold column. Does anyone know how I can get dates for the qty sold column in there? I have Smart List Builder so if someone could tell me where to find it, I could probably put it together. Thanks! You should be able to get that from IV30101 and/or IV30102. -- Jim@TurboChef "Wes" wrote: > There is a Smartlist called Inventory Purchase Receipts which, I think, > shows you your FIFO stack. Unfortunately, there is ...

Item backorders on Inventory Transfer to Site
Hi all, Is there any way to leave a qty on "backorder" on an Inventory Transfer ? For example, we want to transfer 10 of item ABC to another site. The main site only has 4 right now. How do we have the system track that the other site still requires an additional 6 units of that item, and when the main site receives more of item ABC, it should flag that the other site still requires them. We will be using the order points to give us suggested levels, but there are times when we require more, and want the system to track that ? Any ideas.... Thanks, Chris B. ...

use of non inventory item for discounting
I have used non-inventory items for discounting purposes, but am not sure if i am doing it properly! I usually have all the items in one department called offers - but then i accumulate a big negative amount for that department, and am over-stating my sales for the other departments. I got around that by putting the item in the department that the discount related to, but that only works for item specific discounts... if i have a coupon worth -�10 and people can spend that on anything they want, then how would people usually deal with that? any feedback on this would be great! Ta! ...

Inventory Worksheet
Hello, I am preparing an inventory worksheet with +300 items and I am recording opening balance, issues, receipts, adjustments and balance. I have eough worksheet space for each item (I call it a separate card) to allow multiple entires with a running balance occurring by formula. I need the bottom of the item column (last line) to read the balance as the lines above are adjusted for an inventory transaction, and this last line will automatically adjust as entries are made. If necessary, I can send a page of the worksheet to anyone that responds with help or suggestions. Thanks Phil -- Ph...

To rerun a revaluation or not.
I forgot to change the "Post Results To" option to "Account" from "Financial Offset". So when the revaluation ran, the financial offset account was updated, when I wanted the adjustment to be done to the account. Do I run the revaluation again? Or do I make a journal entry to correct? Don't run the revaluation again...just post a correcting je -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Rich" wrot...

POS 2.0 upgrade from 1.0
We took pictures of 100's of inventory items and could see the pictures when we looked at the inventory items in POS 1.0. After upgrading to POS 2.0, pictures are still there in file manager in the proper "directory", but they are NOT linked to the inventory items. We did create the pictures with names that match the item numbers, so a carefully constructed SQL update might do the trick, but I wonder whether this is a bug? Can I get a sample SQL from anyone? (and instructions?) I have a lot of experience with SQL on mainframes, UNIX and Linux, but none on SQL server. ...