Revalue Account by Net Change vs Period Balance

The help file says:

-------------------------
Revaluation can be based on the net change amount for the revaluation
period or based on the period balance.

Net Change

Mark Net Change to revalue the selected account based on the net
change, or the difference in the account's beginning and ending
balances for the revaluation period.

Period Balances

Mark Period Balances to revalue the selected account based on the
period balance, or the current balance of the account on the last day
of the revaluation period.
-------------------------

How would these options be any different? I thought the revaluation was
transaction based in the Financial module?

Rename Sub-Accounts left nav item
In the Account edit dialog, there is a link in left nav call "Sub-Accounts". However, for our clients implementation we have renamed Account to Company and so would like this to change to say "Sub-Companies" but I can not figure out a way to do so. Any ideas anyone? Aaron Aaron, Here you go: http://blogs.infinite-x.net/?p=60 Mitch Aaron, Cancel that last post. that wasn't what you were looking for. Sorry. Mitch "Aaron Prenot" wrote: > In the Account edit dialog, there is a link in left nav call "Sub-Accounts". > However, for...

Sending mail for 1 account from multiple networks
Looking for a way to make this simple for a user. At their office they have SBC/Yahoo business connection. They have Outlook 2003 and they check their email via POP3 which is fine. When they send at the office, they MUST send through the SBC/Yahoo email servers so they have the necessary account/login information. This works fine at the office. Now when they take their laptop home, and connect to their Cox cable internet at home, the can receive email just fine with those settings, but they can't send email because now they have to use the Cox email servers to send. Bes...

Help Required: Track Changes
Hi There are two columns on sheet1 A & B having different figures. And on sheet2 I am getting sum of these two columns. After applying track changes, if I change value on sheet1 it shows and accordingly sum get changed on sheet2 but it doesn't highlight neither show comments. I want to know that which sum-values are changed on sheet2. Thank you for your help, Regards, FA try Scenarios go to tools | scenarios On May 29, 10:24=A0am, "Rana" <rana.far...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi > > There are two columns on sheet1 A & B having different figures. And...

Change the low date range regional setting.
In genealogy I need to list the 4-digit year. I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that sorts on date. The low end of the date range in regional settings is 1930. I need to push this back to make excel recognize the older dates. How do I do it? Enter a 4 digit year when you enter the data. But excel doesn't see dates before January 1, 1900. John Walkenbach has an addin you may want to get if you're dealing with dates before 1900. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm genesearcher wrote: > > In genealogy I need to list the 4-digit year. I'm trying to creat...

Setting up multiple accounts with same bank
I have 2 accounts at ING Direct. I'm able to set up one (named Savings) with no problem. However, when I try to set up the second (Banking tab -> Add New Account -> Banking account radio button -> I -> ING Direct), I go through the same process as I did when setting up the first account but when I get back to the account list, I see only one ING Direct account and it is again named "ING DIRECT Bank Banking", which is what the name of the account was before renaming to "Savings". What's the deal? Why can I not set up an additional account with t...

Current Checkbook Balance
Any thoughts on article 857211 for correcting the "Current Checkbook Balance" displayed in the 'Checkbook" card? Robert Manipulating the subledger is pretty common when converting from an old accounting system to GP. Once you are balanced up once, there should not be a reason that it gets out of balance unless you do something like make a journal entry to your cash account, or it's possibly that a posting setting is wrong which makes certain transaction not post through to the GL. I think to sum up that article, you need to make an adjustment in your checkboo...

One Account is Possible?
Hi: There is only one, me who is using Vista. Then, I plan to create only one account, for me as administrator. I want to access Vista like I did with XP which opens up without clicking any of account. If possible, how to do that? Thanks for your help in advance. "MapleE." <someone|@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eRRjikzhKHA.1824@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi: > There is only one, me who is using Vista. Then, I plan to create only one > account, for me as administrator. You shouldn't run as an Administrator on a daily basis. Wit...

WinServer2008 R2 , .net service, local system account
Hi, This is marginally on topic (I hope) Wrote the simplest service as per the walkthrough, on my WinServer R2 based Development platform. The service uses an event log to to record the fact that it has opened and closed. It installs OK but when I attempt to start it gives a security exception which appears to be related with trying to instantiate the log. I went back to my old WinServer 2003 platform and did the same thing and it starts / stops OK. So I guess I am asking how do I get the Local System account to get access to the event logs on WinServer 2008 R2. thanks ...

both accounts on the trial balance
Hello: A client would like to see, for the cash account on the detailed trial blance, not just the debits and credits to cash but the debits and credits to other accounts for the cash transactions such as debits to payables for checks that are cut. Is there a way to place the other side of the cash transaction (the debit or credit to other accounts on the trial balance for the cash transaction) on the trial balance or would it require practically re-writing the report due to the table relationships in the trial balance? I know that there are reports that offer this info. But, the cli...

Change background colour in Word 2007
When I open Word 2007 and Excel 2007, the toolbars and background are blue. I find the blue quite pale and difficult to see at times; can it be changed at all? Word Options > Popular > Colour Schemes. There are three to choose from. Excel has a similar setting. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <&g...

Money 2004: Displaying an associated cash account in the Account List
My brokerage firm provides me with an investment account that also acts as a chequing account. As a result, I track the cash balance of the account in its associated cash account. It appears that in order to get a summary of the balance, I must switch to either the portfolio or transaction view. Is it possible to view a summary of this associated cash account in the main account list? I would like to do so without creating a new cash account and transfering all the transactions to it. Thanks! Steve Guidi In microsoft.public.money, Steve Guidi wrote: >My brokerage firm provides me wi...

User Account Management (Domain User account set-up
I set up a user in CRM, but typed in the Domain Logon Name incorrectly during the initial user set up process. When I go back to the user id, the Domain Name field is grayed out. Does anyone know how I can correct this? -thx/Alex You need to deactivite the user and create a new user. You can assign the new user the deactiviated user's license. Linda >-----Original Message----- >I set up a user in CRM, but typed in the Domain Logon >Name incorrectly during the initial user set up process. > >When I go back to the user id, the Domain Name field is >grayed out. D...

Combining Accounts
I use Money 2000 Business & Personal. I would like to find out how to combine or merge 2 accounts for example "Cash" and "Event Cash" into "Cash". I have tried this approach: 1) exporting Event Cash as an Excel spreadsheet 2) replacing "Event Cash" with "Cash" 3) then I thought of importing this changed Excel file and appending it to the "Cash" account in Money PROBLEM: How do I import Excel spreadsheet into money??? IS THERE ANOTHER WAY TO MERGE OR COMBINE THESE ACCOUNTS???? Please Help In microsoft.public.money, NickC w...

flag any change made in row
I want to enter today's date in column A anytime that a change is made in the row, e.g. enter today's date in A1 if any cell from B1 to ZZ1 is changed. Are there any fucntions that can be invoked to do this or does it require some VBA code? Suggestions would be most appreciated. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com You could use an event macro. See JE McGimpsey's site: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html John Keith wrote: > > I want to enter today's date in column A anytime that a change is made > in the row, e.g. enter today's date in A1 if any cell from B1...

Search for all account addresses?
Hi, I am using the More Addresses on the Account form. BUT is there a way to retrieve or search for accounts based on these additional address fields? Regards, Siggi There is not built-in support for this. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:03:23 -0000, "Sigurdur Hilmarsson" <sh@nyherji.is> wrote: Hi, I am using the More Addresses on the Account form. BUT is there a way to retrieve or search for accounts based on these additional address fields? Regards, Siggi ...

Default pop account will not stay default when logging in
I use Microsoft Small Business Server Standard 2003 and connect to the exchange server bundled with SBS. I do not use Echange to send the e-mail, I use a POP account to send and recieve e-mail, but store my e-mails on the Exchange mailbox. Every day I have to manually change the pop account back as the default account, because exchange or a hidden policy in SBS changes it the default account back to the exchange account in Outlook 2003. I am using windows XP pro sp2 Outlook 2003 with lates service packs This happens on all the computers that connect in this same mannor. ...

Money 2005 : Adding Short Positions to Investment Account ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0430_01C4AD72.004C3D90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I recently started using Money 2005. I have a brokerage account that = does not support online synchronization with Money 2005.=20 There are two short positions in this account which I am trying to add = to Money after creating a new investment account. 300 shares short of XYZ 100 shares short of ABC How do I add these opening short positions ?=20 I tried the following but failed - Add Shares (-300) o...

Best Method for importing Account/Contacts into CRM currently store as Contacts in Exchange Public Folders
Hi all, I am looking at CRM 3 to update our simple CRM solution that was based on custom contact forms stored in Exchange folders. We have two Exchange contacts folders storing this info - one stores the Company (Account) and the other will store the Contact. Both use custom forms and are linked simply by a number generated and placed into the "Account" field for the Company and copied to the same field on the Contact form. We then had an ActiveX list control that would display the relevant contact for a Company in its form. I have not used Outlook BCM, but I feel "two ...

Allow multiple General Ledger distribution accounts in cashbook/B.
In Cashbook/BM you can only enter one distribution account when entering GL type payments or receipts in the CBM payments and deposits entry screens. Often, especially with payments, there is a need to distribute the expense to more than one GL account. This is a user request from Pan Pac Forest products and has been submitted several years ago to the authors of the Cashbook product. ...

Multicurrency Revaluation
I have a cash account and an expense account that both have Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars as their originating currency. The functional currency is US Dollars. (I am using the Fabrikam Company for testing purposes) I posted a credit to the cash account and a debit to the expense account in each of the currencies. I want to revalue the amounts and post to an unrealized gain and loss account for each of the currencies. The exchange rates have changed. When I use revalue, it creates a multicurrency revalue batch and when I try to post it I get the following error and it will not...

How do I change the color scheme of the autoformat for table 2?
I am applying an autoformat to a pivot table and I want to know how to change the colors, fonts, and bold to the autoformat. How do I accomplish that? ...

Unable to delete email account
Hi All, I have encountered problem with my exchange 5.5 server, that is i am unable to delete user account in exchange. A prompt error message was displayed, An internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Administrator or the Exchange Server computer, or both Mircosoft Exchange Information Store ID no. c1040af4 Anyone have this same problem that i am facing now? i did defrag and repiar my edb but the problem still persist. Appreciate if anyone can help me on this, many thanks! Ben Anything relevant in App Event log? Benjamin wrote: > Hi All, &...

changing the screen.
i'm using embedded VC++ to develop an windows CE SDI application. now i added a button on screen. i can receive a click. then where is suitable for me to change the content of the screen? i just want to change some bitmap and text. in the original view? new a new view? or just in the function that i handle the click?? and after received a click . is the program change back to the msg loop within mfc library? kenneth wrote: > > i'm using embedded VC++ to develop an windows CE SDI application. > > now i added a button on screen. > i can receive a click. > then w...

High Standard Cost Revaluation Amount
Hello: In GP Manufacturing 10.0, what are some things that typically cause the Standard Cost Revaluation account to be so large in one month and not so large in the other months? childofthe1980s First of all, running it each month is not normal. Most SC firms revalue one, two, or four times a year. However..... Look for manufacturing costs variances by using the Order Variance window under Inquiry->Manufacturin->MOs->Order Variance. Look for material variances here as the rollup will pull actual material costs at the proposed rate of consumption but only proposed labor an...

which services must run under administrator account
Which services is running under administrator account after typical(implementation guide) CRM install? SQL and CRM on the same machine, Active directory and exchange on other. Actually, if you can have the CRM services run under LocalSystem if you want. The admin priviledges are really only needed for the actual install. After that, the key is the rights of the actual user performaing the various procedures. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 9 Jun 2004 07:46:14 -0700, gatis@bis.lv (Gatis_P) wrote: Which services is running unde...