Revaluation.

Hi,

I have problem with reverse transaction revaluation. All the times, return
empty report. I run a revaluation to 13/02/06 and 14/02/06, when I try to
reverse this revaluation I have no result on the report. The main problem is
that if I revaluate againg, the report acumulate all values for each document.

I appreciate any help...
--
Evelin.
0

High Standard Cost Revaluation Amount
Hello: In GP Manufacturing 10.0, what are some things that typically cause the Standard Cost Revaluation account to be so large in one month and not so large in the other months? childofthe1980s First of all, running it each month is not normal. Most SC firms revalue one, two, or four times a year. However..... Look for manufacturing costs variances by using the Order Variance window under Inquiry->Manufacturin->MOs->Order Variance. Look for material variances here as the rollup will pull actual material costs at the proposed rate of consumption but only proposed labor an...

revalue parts that have zero standard cost only
You should be able to revalue items that have zero standard cost without revaluing all parts. New items are being added to our system daily which need a cost associated with them and we can not wait till we revalue every part to get a cost on them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Financial Series Revaluation
What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the following: a. Realized Gain/loss b. Unrealized Gain/loss with revesing entry unmarked. Jack: With the financial series reval, the only difference is which set of accounts gets used to post the revaluation transactions and, in the latter case, if a reversing entry in the next period is made. "Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eggrPChSGHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the > following: > > a. Realized G...

Multicurrency Revaluation
I have a cash account and an expense account that both have Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars as their originating currency. The functional currency is US Dollars. (I am using the Fabrikam Company for testing purposes) I posted a credit to the cash account and a debit to the expense account in each of the currencies. I want to revalue the amounts and post to an unrealized gain and loss account for each of the currencies. The exchange rates have changed. When I use revalue, it creates a multicurrency revalue batch and when I try to post it I get the following error and it will not...

Revaluation Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C0_01C85927.FD63EC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Good day. I would like to ask whether anyone has encountered an error = saying "This year does not exist" when performing Multicurrency = Revaluation? Basically we have already checked the Fiscal Period Setup as well as = verified the Audit Trail Code Setup and everything seems to be okay. Is = there any other thing we may need to check? Thanks in advance! ------=_NextPart_000...

Revaluation.
Hi, I have problem with reverse transaction revaluation. All the times, return empty report. I run a revaluation to 13/02/06 and 14/02/06, when I try to reverse this revaluation I have no result on the report. The main problem is that if I revaluate againg, the report acumulate all values for each document. I appreciate any help... -- Evelin. ...

Bank Management Revaluation
We would like to request a separate revaluation process for Bank Management. This is becasue when you use the Revaluation process in GP a Bank GL account can potentially have 3 different currencies in it. For example, if the functional currency is NZD, if you transfer from a USD dollar cheque book to a AUD cheque book. In the AUD Bank GL account originating DR/CR is in USD. All other payments from this cheque book are in AUD. When you use the revaluation process in GP (and posting the revalue amount to the Bank Acount NOT a financial offset account) the results are incorrect - that is t...

POP Transaction Revaluation
Is it possible to do multicurrency revaluation on tractions originating from POP and SOP same like tractions originated from Purchasing Transaction Entry and Sales Transaction Entry in receivable and payable. ...

To rerun a revaluation or not.
I forgot to change the "Post Results To" option to "Account" from "Financial Offset". So when the revaluation ran, the financial offset account was updated, when I wanted the adjustment to be done to the account. Do I run the revaluation again? Or do I make a journal entry to correct? Don't run the revaluation again...just post a correcting je -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Rich" wrot...

revaluation of documents
It would be useful if the system revaluatesdocuments (Invoices, Credit Memos, etc) in Payables and Receivables module even if the documents were paid or applied with anapplying and posting date after the Revaluation date. This mean that the system should have an "As off date" in order to know if a document was opened or not at the revaluated date defined. Actually the Multicurrency Management guide lists three "Apply situations that prevent revaluation". My suggestion is that the system should be able to revaluate the documents even if they fall in the Example 2 an...

Financial Series Multicurrency Revaluation
Our functional currency is $US, and we have a $CAN checkbook. When I run the report for revaluing the GL account that corresponds with this checkbook, the originating amount on the report does not agree with the Adjusted Book Balance on the Bank Reconciliation for this checkbook. Likewise, the functional amount shown on the report does not agree with the functional balance of the GL account. How can I get the Revaluation Report to agree with my actual balances? ...

Revalue Inventory
Revalue Inventory - PO for say 100, GRN at 110 and vendor invoice at 120 [Sivakumar] i. Accept increased rate and revalue inventory ii. Accept increased rate but do not revalue inventory instead charge to purchase price variance iii. Reject increased rate and do not revalue inventory Above is scenarios how we can do in GP. I strongly advise against revaluing inventory as it frequently results in the inventory stock status value being different from the GL value. If you receive an item at 100, then sell some of the item, and then revalue, part of the material is not available to revalue....

Revaluation Posting
Hi, when running the revaluation process for Purchasing the resulting journals for a particular creditor are being posted to an incorrect account. Originally we thought the issue was within the posting or currency setup however even after changing the posting accounts the revaluation journals are still being posted to the incorrect account. Could someone please help? Adam ...

Item Cost Revaluation report
Every time we run the std cost roll-up and revalue process the Item Pending Cost Revaluation report shows some items with a pending cost of $0. I've checked the listed items in the CT00003 and the ICIV0323 tables as well as on the Standard Item Material Costs window (these are always purchased items) and never seen a change to $0 indicated anywhere. When we then complete the revalue process the standard cost on the items is not changed to $0 - it stays wherever it was. This happens with using the standard report as well as a modified version. Has anyone else seen this? Any idea...

Fixed Assets Revaluation
Hello, At year end, we are required to access the recoverable value of certain assets and should the value is much lower than the Net Book Value, we are supposed to reduce the value and the differences to go into Impairment Loss. (Credit Accumulated Impairment Loss (B/S account) and Debit Impairment Loss (P&L account) Firstly, I don't find any revaluation process in Microsoft Dynamics GP Fixed Assets Module. I tried changing the Cost Basis. When I click on the Distribution button, I find that the system would automatically post the following transaction. Credit Cost of Fixed Assets (e...

Revaluation for checkbook
I should be able to revalue a checkbook that has a currency other than my functional currency. Since I can't if I revalue the GL account the account and checkbook amounts will not match. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

Multi Currency Revaluation Option
We have a cash account in Canada. The amount is reflected properly in our system in Canadian dollars. We changed the exchange rate at the beginning of the year. We would like to reflect this change on my beginning balances for the year 2005. When I try to run the revaluation for finance series for this account, it doesn't update the beginning balances. How do i update my beginning balances in functional currency? Try running a revalue for the last period of the prior year. Don't post it, just print to make sure it is doing what you want. (You may need to open up the fiscal perio...

Inventory Revalue
We are currently on GP version 8.0. Items are set up with revalue inventory checked and tolerance = 0%. Purchase receipt cost/inventory does not revalue when there is a variance between invoice cost and PO receipt cost. Is there some set up that we are missing that would cause this functionality to not work? ...

Rollup and Revalue Question
Hi All, I work for a large manufacturer and our cost roll has not been performed in over 6 months. We tried to run it the other night, but experienced a couple of issues. We are on GP 9 and SQL 2000; 1. during the rollup I received this error message - "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKBomlev1'.Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.bomlev1'" I researched this issue and found that this is due to a BOM (or BOM's) containing duplicate item numbers, therefore causing duplicate sequence numbe...

Roll Up and Revalue Issue
We have some items pending mateiral costs entered in the standard item material costs window. After we ran rollup and revalue, those pending material costs entered cannot be updated. When we checked the Item Pending Cost Revaluation Report, those pending material costs entered show 0 and current costs also show 0. Even we have tried deleting the Pending Std Costs for them and entering them with a different date, they still cannot rollup and revalue. We found 25 items currently cannot rollup and revalue. Please help. Thanks A few thoughts......Are you certian that these items have a ...

Revalue
Hi, Since realized gains/losses occur when the transaction is fully settled, why would we ever calculate a relaized gain through the revalue instead iof calculating it as unrealized and reversing it the next month? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Flagstone RE Business Analyst - Dynamics GP Revaluation is used if, and only if, you have foreign currency transactions (i.e.Conversion of foreign currency transactions). Revaluation uses the Rates Table. The Revaluation Rate is simply 1/Period End Rate. The Revaluation Process: 1.)Finds accounts within the range of accounts specified that have all...

Multicurrency Revaluation for Purchasing Series
Is it possible to do multicurrency revaluation on tractions originating from POP and SOP same like tractions originated from Purchasing Transaction Entry and Sales Transaction Entry in receivable and payable. As I tried this and found that the transactions originated from payable Module get revalutaed but not POP, Which is quite strange, could some one guide me, am I missing any setup in POP or SOP which is the reason why it doesn't get revaluated? Thanks, Shabnam ...

Revalue on Purchasing Module
Is it possible to do a realized revaluation on transactions after the checks have been printed? We transfer funds to our Inda corporation and it usually takes about 3 days for it to transfer. We would like to be able to revalue the accounts as to when the wire actually posts to reflect the actual rate at which the money was transferred. However, it seems we cannot print checks until this revaluation is done. Is this true? -- Jared Karney DBA American Marketing & Publishing, LLC I assume you are talking Multi Currency.... YES you can do what you suggest and my client...

MC Revaluation
Hello all, how does GP calculate unrealized gains and losses at the GL level when running the revaluation routine? I understand that it can use the period balance from the last day of the requested period and the specified rate, but what does it do from there? If you run it multiple times for the same period, it creates the same entry multiple times, so it appears to just take the balance and hit it with a rate and be done, but that doesn't seem right... Any info would be great as this is a mystery for me. Thanks, Jason ...

Revalue Inventory for PPV
Hi Folks I'm using GP v 9 SP 3. My stock is set to FIFO Perpetual and I use Lot Tracking. I am also using Standard GP BOM. I am wondering if I should set my Inventory to 'revalue' for PPV's. This setting has only caused me problems from way back on version 7 and GP has been quite 'broken' around some of the complications around this issue - e.g. multiple shipments and invoices where each invoice has a different cost and the stock was sold in the interim. Has anyone out there ever used this setting successfully (and by that I mean that the Stock Status report...