Revaluation Posting

Hi,

when running the revaluation process for Purchasing the resulting journals
for a particular creditor are being posted to an incorrect account.
Originally we thought the issue was within the posting or currency setup
however even after changing the posting accounts the revaluation journals are
still being posted to the incorrect account.  Could someone please help?

Adam
0
adam1685 (340)

Posting Interrupted #2
What exactly does this mean? This started happenning when Inventory posting was changed from post to GL to Post through. The posting status now says 'posting interrupted. rcr, this means that the posting process was interrupted, most likely by a power fluctuation or a network communications error. It is just coincidental that you would see it after changing the posting settings. It could happen whether you're posting to or posting through the GL. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com thanks a lot, will have to look into this if it is poi...

Bank Deposit Posting is taking forever
We are trying to get caught up on creating our bank deposits, unfortunately, we are several months behind on doing this, and as such we have around 300,000 un-deposited checks. If we go in and create a deposit with only a few transactions, it takes well over an hour to post that deposit. Profiling the query, it appears that it goes through and runs Stored Procedure zDP_CM20300N_1 on everyone of those 300,000 transactions. Should it take this long, or is there something I am missing? Is there any options that we have to speed up this process? Is there a way to change a stored pro...

High Standard Cost Revaluation Amount
Hello: In GP Manufacturing 10.0, what are some things that typically cause the Standard Cost Revaluation account to be so large in one month and not so large in the other months? childofthe1980s First of all, running it each month is not normal. Most SC firms revalue one, two, or four times a year. However..... Look for manufacturing costs variances by using the Order Variance window under Inquiry->Manufacturin->MOs->Order Variance. Look for material variances here as the rollup will pull actual material costs at the proposed rate of consumption but only proposed labor an...

Posting on Intranet
I have created a Microsoft Word form. I would like this form to be posted on my Intranet page. When you click on this link, I would like it to automatically go into a Microsoft Outlook email message with a specific address already in the "To" field. In the message body of the email, I would like the Word form to appear there. Alternatively, I could also have the link provide the same functionality to appear but it could also just be a shortcut on a desktop for users. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks! Chad ...

Real Time inventory transaction posting from visual studio sdk
I'm trying to enter an inventory transaction (update/transfer) from developer toolkit (visual studio sdk, not eConnect). I don't manage to do that or to find the relevant procedures which enable me to post a transaction. Does any body have any idea regarding that or its only possible to do that through dexterity and eConnect? I'm trying to decrease depandancy from Dexterity and work either through the code in c# or issuing transaction directly to DB to the relevat tables according the sdk instructions. my clients can not afford eConnect or integration manager as well they a...

Multicurrency Revaluation
I have a cash account and an expense account that both have Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars as their originating currency. The functional currency is US Dollars. (I am using the Fabrikam Company for testing purposes) I posted a credit to the cash account and a debit to the expense account in each of the currencies. I want to revalue the amounts and post to an unrealized gain and loss account for each of the currencies. The exchange rates have changed. When I use revalue, it creates a multicurrency revalue batch and when I try to post it I get the following error and it will not...

Problems on HTTPS Post Method
Dear Friends Hi, I'm Having problem in writing VC(MFC) code for Sending Data through HTTPS Post method and retrieve the result back and close the HTTPS session.so please if any one have any idea or any code relating to the above mentioned problem then please forward the code or idea to me. I will be grateful to you for this kind act of yours. Thanking yOu, Yours Truly SachinTandon See this article in codeproject http://www.codeproject.com/internet/wininet_ssl___certificate.asp Cheers Jagadeesh "Sachin Tondon" <sachint@vkjsystems.com> wrote in messag...

Workman's Comp-Period End Report to post detail
Is it possible to have the detail for the employee to post to the General Posting Edit Report when I post the liabilities for the Worker's Compensation Reports? It would be nice that once the batch is posted to drill down to the employee detail. The entry is generated by: Reports, Payroll, Period End, Workman's Compensation Summary, Post Liabilities checked for Worker's Compensation Tax. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button i...

Unable to post a particular question on this site
I have tried several times to post a question this site. I’m not sure if there is something wrong with that particular question causing the system to reject it. The point of this post is to first test to see if this message will actually post and the second is to notify someone of the problem. If someone at MSDN is able to see this post please contact me via email so I can get my actual question into the system. "codeboy" <codeboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CEB80B3-0820-48F8-9DF1-FB490415993B@microsoft.com... >I have tried several t...

SOP batch posted to wrong month! Ouch
We had a batch erroneously posted to the wrong month (person forgot to change the posting date for the batch). Is there some way to reverse/correct this - it has posted to GL also. Ideally, I would like to get the GL fixed of course, and also the salesperson records (and any others I'm not thinking of). Thanks for any advice. Neil Hi Neil, You can't really 'correct' the problem - what you have to do is reverse the effects. In the sales module you need to void the trx which will cascade up to the other modules. Then you need to reenter the transactions correctly....

revalue parts that have zero standard cost only
You should be able to revalue items that have zero standard cost without revaluing all parts. New items are being added to our system daily which need a cost associated with them and we can not wait till we revalue every part to get a cost on them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Cost is not calculated properly when post sales invoice FIFO metho
We are using FIFO Perpetual valuation method in inventory costing. The issue can be simulated by the following transactions. 1. Create a purchase receipt of an item at cost more than 0.00. Create a sales invoice of this item,cost will be correct. 2. Create a purchase receipt of an item at cost 0.00, Create a sales invoice of this item,cost will be correct. 3. Create a purchase receipt of an item at cost more than 0.00, Create a sales invoice of this item,cost will be correct. 4. Create a Sales rejection and purchase return for the 0 cost transactions. 5. Create a purchase receipt...

Financial Series Revaluation
What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the following: a. Realized Gain/loss b. Unrealized Gain/loss with revesing entry unmarked. Jack: With the financial series reval, the only difference is which set of accounts gets used to post the revaluation transactions and, in the latter case, if a reversing entry in the next period is made. "Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eggrPChSGHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the > following: > > a. Realized G...

Posting to Public Folder-VIEW--the FROM field
When I post to a public folder, and click VIEW--the FROM field is grayed out. This worked in Outlook 2000. Are there any work-arounds? ...

PO Posting to Quickbooks
Ok, I am getting close to getting this up and running. One questions is that when I create a PO in RMS and receive the items, does it update the part in Quickbooks as well as it is not happening. All it does is create a Bill in QB for the amount RMS has for the purchase order. All inventory counts should be handled in RMS - it will not update item counts in QB. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that a...

Cannot post batches
I'm trying to post batches that has a posting interrupted status in Batch recovery window in Dynamics GP, but after doing this I receive the following error: "Batch failed to complete posting. Use batch recovery to complete posting process." I've already tried to run the following queries to solve this issue: delete activity delete sy00800 delete sy00801 delete dex_lock delete dex_session I've also checked if the mkdtopst and bchsttus fields are set to 0 for batches in sy00500 table. But non of these helped. Every time I try to post a batch i receive the error: ...

Revaluation Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C0_01C85927.FD63EC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Good day. I would like to ask whether anyone has encountered an error = saying "This year does not exist" when performing Multicurrency = Revaluation? Basically we have already checked the Fiscal Period Setup as well as = verified the Audit Trail Code Setup and everything seems to be okay. Is = there any other thing we may need to check? Thanks in advance! ------=_NextPart_000...

Revaluation.
Hi, I have problem with reverse transaction revaluation. All the times, return empty report. I run a revaluation to 13/02/06 and 14/02/06, when I try to reverse this revaluation I have no result on the report. The main problem is that if I revaluate againg, the report acumulate all values for each document. I appreciate any help... -- Evelin. ...

Unable to obtain posting destination record
I get this error in Fabrikam in GP 10 after posting a GL transaction. I can't find it in KB. Anyone know how to correct it? Thank you Go to tools-setup-posting-posting, and check through there in the financial series, maybe something got clicked. Mike "David Forman" <DavidForman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31C2E4B0-BAB8-4D81-A39A-AAD27BA01E2E@microsoft.com... >I get this error in Fabrikam in GP 10 after posting a GL transaction. I > can't find it in KB. Anyone know how to correct it? > > Thank you Thank you for your reply,...

Void Check Posting
I would like to be able to add the ability (rights) for an AP clerk to post voided checks, but not have the ability to post invoice vendor invoice transactions. I only see one security task of "posting" under TRNS-PURCH tasks. Is this "posting" something that can be split. It sounds like you are using Advanced Security under V8 or 9 rather than 10. You did not say. If so, leave the posting rights granted to everyone. Control access through menus and windows. Limit user's access to the void checks window where appropriate. If they cannot get to the window, ...

Posting of Financial Batches
Sometimes some financial batches from Inventory are missing. They are not posted in the GL. WHy? Can anybody help in this matter. When you create an inventory batch, there is a checkbox for whether or not this should be posted to the GL. I believe by default this is unchecked, so unless the person creates the batch checks this, the batch will not post to the GL. "Tomal" <Tomal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5CC01A4-E1CA-49D5-B186-F377A199061F@microsoft.com... > Sometimes some financial batches from Inventory are missing. They are not > posted in the...

Historical Aged Trial Balance-Payables V10 2nd post
anyone at microsoft: The historical aged trial balance for payables does not seem to work right since loading SP3 on V10 Any suggestions? -- Doug Doug, Did you load the 2008 Payroll Year End update comprehensive of Service Pack 3? If so, and if your report was a modified report, it may be damaged. Take a look at this post over at Developing for Dynamics GP: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/01/16/microsoft-dynamics-gp-10-0-service-packs-hotfixes-and-payroll-compliance-year-end-updates-may-damage-the-modified-reports-and-forms.aspx Best regards, -- MG.- M...

TEST POST!
JUST FYI! ...

why posting into last year AND current year?
Hello: I only ask out of curiosity. Do you know those series of steps that are used to correct the balance of a P&L account after year-end close if the account was incorrectly coded to being with as a BS account? I have used those steps for years, and they work perfectly. But, last week, a client did not follow these steps and tried to create her own adjusting entry to get the balance out of the P&L account. She called me afterward, and then we followed them together. The long and the sort of it is that, before calling me, she had made an adjustment directly to one of her t...

Can't find my posts and don't get emails
I entered a post under office general questions on 12th Feb and could see it then but can't find it today to see if I got any answers. I also don't get emails to say that someone has replied yet I have ticked the box that says "Notify me of replies" What am I doing wrong? It is still there, along with a response. http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.office.misc/browse_thread/thread/4cf5c2831f3fbda4/e190d5e0c0a69ea0?hl=en&q=learning%40discussions.microsoft.com You will get a far better experience of newsgroups if you use a proper newsreader inste...