Revaluation for checkbook

I should be able to revalue a checkbook that has a currency other than my
functional currency.  Since I can't if I revalue the GL account the account
and checkbook amounts will not match.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7a3085ce-df11-4cda-9553-b5575ed6f410&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
1
Eric1 (389)

Current Checkbook Balance
Any thoughts on article 857211 for correcting the "Current Checkbook Balance" displayed in the 'Checkbook" card? Robert Manipulating the subledger is pretty common when converting from an old accounting system to GP. Once you are balanced up once, there should not be a reason that it gets out of balance unless you do something like make a journal entry to your cash account, or it's possibly that a posting setting is wrong which makes certain transaction not post through to the GL. I think to sum up that article, you need to make an adjustment in your checkboo...

Multicurrency Revaluation
I have a cash account and an expense account that both have Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars as their originating currency. The functional currency is US Dollars. (I am using the Fabrikam Company for testing purposes) I posted a credit to the cash account and a debit to the expense account in each of the currencies. I want to revalue the amounts and post to an unrealized gain and loss account for each of the currencies. The exchange rates have changed. When I use revalue, it creates a multicurrency revalue batch and when I try to post it I get the following error and it will not...

High Standard Cost Revaluation Amount
Hello: In GP Manufacturing 10.0, what are some things that typically cause the Standard Cost Revaluation account to be so large in one month and not so large in the other months? childofthe1980s First of all, running it each month is not normal. Most SC firms revalue one, two, or four times a year. However..... Look for manufacturing costs variances by using the Order Variance window under Inquiry->Manufacturin->MOs->Order Variance. Look for material variances here as the rollup will pull actual material costs at the proposed rate of consumption but only proposed labor an...

revalue parts that have zero standard cost only
You should be able to revalue items that have zero standard cost without revaluing all parts. New items are being added to our system daily which need a cost associated with them and we can not wait till we revalue every part to get a cost on them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Financial Series Revaluation
What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the following: a. Realized Gain/loss b. Unrealized Gain/loss with revesing entry unmarked. Jack: With the financial series reval, the only difference is which set of accounts gets used to post the revaluation transactions and, in the latter case, if a reversing entry in the next period is made. "Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eggrPChSGHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the > following: > > a. Realized G...

I need a templet or file for creating a personal checkbook.
I would like a templet or file that I can covert to Lotus 123 that will track my checks. There is a few templets out there but I can not convert them to Lotus? Any help would be appericated in advance. Mike ...

Revaluation Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C0_01C85927.FD63EC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, Good day. I would like to ask whether anyone has encountered an error = saying "This year does not exist" when performing Multicurrency = Revaluation? Basically we have already checked the Fiscal Period Setup as well as = verified the Audit Trail Code Setup and everything seems to be okay. Is = there any other thing we may need to check? Thanks in advance! ------=_NextPart_000...

Revaluation.
Hi, I have problem with reverse transaction revaluation. All the times, return empty report. I run a revaluation to 13/02/06 and 14/02/06, when I try to reverse this revaluation I have no result on the report. The main problem is that if I revaluate againg, the report acumulate all values for each document. I appreciate any help... -- Evelin. ...

Bank Management Revaluation
We would like to request a separate revaluation process for Bank Management. This is becasue when you use the Revaluation process in GP a Bank GL account can potentially have 3 different currencies in it. For example, if the functional currency is NZD, if you transfer from a USD dollar cheque book to a AUD cheque book. In the AUD Bank GL account originating DR/CR is in USD. All other payments from this cheque book are in AUD. When you use the revaluation process in GP (and posting the revalue amount to the Bank Acount NOT a financial offset account) the results are incorrect - that is t...

Checkbook Register
I am trying to create a checkbook register with running balance in the query in Access I have spent hours and hours researching this with multiple suggestions, none of which have been successful. File=CheckRegister Fields=ID, Seq, Date, Ck#, CkAmt, Deposit. Desired Result=Balance I have put in sequence rather than depending on the autonumber ID so that if I have something listed out of the desired sequence, I can alter the sequence number and resort without having to re-enter the 2 records. Most of the suggestions have included the function DSum which I have not used before...

POP Transaction Revaluation
Is it possible to do multicurrency revaluation on tractions originating from POP and SOP same like tractions originated from Purchasing Transaction Entry and Sales Transaction Entry in receivable and payable. ...

To rerun a revaluation or not.
I forgot to change the "Post Results To" option to "Account" from "Financial Offset". So when the revaluation ran, the financial offset account was updated, when I wanted the adjustment to be done to the account. Do I run the revaluation again? Or do I make a journal entry to correct? Don't run the revaluation again...just post a correcting je -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Rich" wrot...

revaluation of documents
It would be useful if the system revaluatesdocuments (Invoices, Credit Memos, etc) in Payables and Receivables module even if the documents were paid or applied with anapplying and posting date after the Revaluation date. This mean that the system should have an "As off date" in order to know if a document was opened or not at the revaluated date defined. Actually the Multicurrency Management guide lists three "Apply situations that prevent revaluation". My suggestion is that the system should be able to revaluate the documents even if they fall in the Example 2 an...

Financial Series Multicurrency Revaluation
Our functional currency is $US, and we have a $CAN checkbook. When I run the report for revaluing the GL account that corresponds with this checkbook, the originating amount on the report does not agree with the Adjusted Book Balance on the Bank Reconciliation for this checkbook. Likewise, the functional amount shown on the report does not agree with the functional balance of the GL account. How can I get the Revaluation Report to agree with my actual balances? ...

Revalue Inventory
Revalue Inventory - PO for say 100, GRN at 110 and vendor invoice at 120 [Sivakumar] i. Accept increased rate and revalue inventory ii. Accept increased rate but do not revalue inventory instead charge to purchase price variance iii. Reject increased rate and do not revalue inventory Above is scenarios how we can do in GP. I strongly advise against revaluing inventory as it frequently results in the inventory stock status value being different from the GL value. If you receive an item at 100, then sell some of the item, and then revalue, part of the material is not available to revalue....

Revaluation Posting
Hi, when running the revaluation process for Purchasing the resulting journals for a particular creditor are being posted to an incorrect account. Originally we thought the issue was within the posting or currency setup however even after changing the posting accounts the revaluation journals are still being posted to the incorrect account. Could someone please help? Adam ...

Reconcile Checkbook
I've entered adjustments during reconcile. Now I need delete it, but can't? There is no delete button, it's not allow close it with 0 balance? How can I do it? Thanks Vitali I'm not sure if this answers your question - are you trying to delete an adjustment you entered in a bank reconciliation? If so, go to the adjustments page, click on the one you want to delete, click on "Edit" (on the toolbar) and select delete row. (It took me a while to figure this one out.) "Vitali V" wrote: > I've entered adjustments during reconcile. > Now I n...

Checkbook Balance vs Cash Account Balance
We have a substantial difference between the number given for our checkbook balance and the cash account balance. We run a daily manual total, so we know that the cash account balance is correct. Where does the checkbook balance number pull from and why (all receipts, deposits, etc. are posted) would it be different from the cash account balance. All bank recs are current and in balance. Was it ever in balance? You will need to enetr an adjusting transaction into the Bank Rec. (Don't post to GL) module to fix it. "bjc" wrote: > We have a substantial difference bet...

Item Cost Revaluation report
Every time we run the std cost roll-up and revalue process the Item Pending Cost Revaluation report shows some items with a pending cost of $0. I've checked the listed items in the CT00003 and the ICIV0323 tables as well as on the Standard Item Material Costs window (these are always purchased items) and never seen a change to $0 indicated anywhere. When we then complete the revalue process the standard cost on the items is not changed to $0 - it stays wherever it was. This happens with using the standard report as well as a modified version. Has anyone else seen this? Any idea...

Fixed Assets Revaluation
Hello, At year end, we are required to access the recoverable value of certain assets and should the value is much lower than the Net Book Value, we are supposed to reduce the value and the differences to go into Impairment Loss. (Credit Accumulated Impairment Loss (B/S account) and Debit Impairment Loss (P&L account) Firstly, I don't find any revaluation process in Microsoft Dynamics GP Fixed Assets Module. I tried changing the Cost Basis. When I click on the Distribution button, I find that the system would automatically post the following transaction. Credit Cost of Fixed Assets (e...

Revaluation for checkbook
I should be able to revalue a checkbook that has a currency other than my functional currency. Since I can't if I revalue the GL account the account and checkbook amounts will not match. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

Checkbook Register
Why would negative amounts be showing up in the checkbook register for checks that are voided? We had a situation where a check written in April was voided yesterday 8/17/06. The check is now showing up twice on the checkbook register - one as a positive and the other as a negative. Two other checks were voided yesterday and they show up as one item in the register with an asterick (*) by them. The only KBs I can find say that if Bank Rec wasn't installed prior to voiding (which it was because the others work fine) and that if the Check was reconciled prior to voiding (which it ...

SmartList
Which tables do I use to build a SmartList of bank transactions? The tables I've chosen so far (CM Transaction and CM Transaction Type Setup) do not distinguish between additions and deletions to the checkbook. The CM Trx Type field in the CM Transaction table is the field you would use to determine the impact on the check register (positive, negative, or nothing). All the amounts in the tables will appear as positive numbers - it is the type you should use to change the sign. Be careful of the types of deposits, the 'deposit to clear receipts', or whatever it's called...

Multi Currency Revaluation Option
We have a cash account in Canada. The amount is reflected properly in our system in Canadian dollars. We changed the exchange rate at the beginning of the year. We would like to reflect this change on my beginning balances for the year 2005. When I try to run the revaluation for finance series for this account, it doesn't update the beginning balances. How do i update my beginning balances in functional currency? Try running a revalue for the last period of the prior year. Don't post it, just print to make sure it is doing what you want. (You may need to open up the fiscal perio...

Inventory Revalue
We are currently on GP version 8.0. Items are set up with revalue inventory checked and tolerance = 0%. Purchase receipt cost/inventory does not revalue when there is a variance between invoice cost and PO receipt cost. Is there some set up that we are missing that would cause this functionality to not work? ...