rev level in item inquiry

We need to be able to see the rev level of the part in the item inquiry
screen.  It would just link to the revision level field in the item
engineering data screen.  Currently a user with only inquiry access can not
see what revision a part is supposed to be.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4743bf7b-a9fc-4d04-9588-a0c107b9ac63&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
tulsagirl (6)

Definately agree.  As a short term fix we took one of the item user defined
fields and designated that for the revision level, then added a trigger on
the Item Eng table to update that user-def field.  Having the correct rev
level in the item table then let us add it to POs.  If you have modifier then
you may be able to add that user-def field to the inquiry window.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"tulsagirl" wrote:

> We need to be able to see the rev level of the part in the item inquiry
> screen.  It would just link to the revision level field in the item
> engineering data screen.  Currently a user with only inquiry access can not
> see what revision a part is supposed to be.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4743bf7b-a9fc-4d04-9588-a0c107b9ac63&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
jim.harris (398)

Record Level Security #2
I am new to GP. We are running a retail industry where privillages should be assigned per showroom (site). Unfortunately, GP does not have record level security feature which i think is very very important. I wander if anyone could help and I suggest this feature will be taken care of in the next releases of GP ASAP. Regards, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to o...

move the replenishment method to the item maintenance form
When adding a item number you should be able to decide at that point to make it a BUY or a Make item. You should not have to go to another form to make this decision. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/...

Mark sent items as read
I am using Outlook 2007, and I have configured three different accounts. I have created rules to move both incoming and outgoing messages to different folders. This is working fine, however it would be nice if the sent items did not show up as unread. I have googled different news groups, and it seems like this is a common problem. Does anyone know of a way around it? -NM Nils M. Lunde <nilsml@nospam.options.no> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007, and I have configured three different > accounts. I have created rules to move both incoming and outgoing > messages to diffe...

Browser lags, and computer revs on one website
One website I have gone to makes my computer rev and the browser lags, driving me to distraction. I tried it again, yesterday, and it did that again - no other websites do that. I know you want my CPU specifics, but where to find all of them? My IE is 7.0.5730.7.13; using XP Pro; have all updates current, "cleaning" scans done twice a week; using Security Essentials (do I need to keep AdAware on??); Windows Firewall is on; computer has 50% available. I use a wireless network (which I think is working!!). ;-)) One caveat, when I experienced this at this website a y...

CListCtrl Item Data Question
When I try to 'attach' item data to my list, I am causing my program to crash when the dialog closes. If I comment out the .SetItemData, all is OK (but I don't have my data :( Code snipets are below... any ideas? -- in my CDlg derived class .h-- CLayoutList layoutList; // a member of the CDlg derived class -- dlg implementation .cpp for(int i=0;i<layoutList.arrLayouts.length();i++) { m_lstSheets.InsertItem(0,layoutList.arrLayouts.at(i)->strLayoutName); m_lstSheets.SetItemText(0,1,layoutList.arrLayouts.at(i)->strPath); m_lstSheets.SetItemData(0,(LPARAM)layout...

Sent Items issue
When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. T On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:41:04 -0800, ctdude wrote: > When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items > folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted > as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. What version of Outlook? What sort of mail account(s)? What is the error th...

Create an event at Ring0 level
Hi, whats the way of creating an event at Ring0 level.I am using Win 98 OS.So far i have got the information to create event at ring3 and convert it to ring0 event.But i don't want to do that.I need to create event at ring0 level.How to do that. Plz reply. regds vinay ...

rev level in item inquiry
We need to be able to see the rev level of the part in the item inquiry screen. It would just link to the revision level field in the item engineering data screen. Currently a user with only inquiry access can not see what revision a part is supposed to be. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

dictionary->(item, item, item); Can dictionary point to an array in VBA?
Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? Can you do something like that in code? Dim oDict as new Scripting.Dictionary oDict.Add "key_value", Array("foo", "bar") Tim "cate" <catebekensail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9f4b847e-eba7-487c-ac86-749d217dcc7e@b30g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? > > Can you do something like that in code? ...

Listbox Delete multiple items
Hello. I'm trying to create a vba routine to delete items from a listbox. This is a multiselect listbox and what is happening is that i select several items and the code only removes the first item. When the first item is deleted, all of the other selected items became unselected. I post the code i'm using bellow. Can anyone give me a hint on this issue? Thanks, Luis Private Sub RemoveItem_btn_Click() If Listbox_1.ListIndex = -1 Then Exit Sub For i = Listbox_1.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1 If Listbox_1.Selected(i) Then Listbox_1.Remove...

Field level security on SOP Entry
I'm trying to disable the Ship-To Address ID and lookup fields on teh SOP Entry window for some users. I've added FLS id's that work fine when you first go into the window, but if you go to the customer Detail Entry window and then back to the SOP Entry window the fields are not longer disabled. This happens regardless of whether a change is made in the Customer Detail Entry window. Any ideas why this is happening? -- Jim@TurboChef Hi Jim The issue here is that there is Dexterity code which runs after the Field Level Security code. The Disable Field, Lock Field and Hid...

Calculated Item overrides "Show Items with no data" checkbox
I've seen this question asked before, but I haven't seen an adequate answer, so I figured I'd try to ask it again to see if there are any fresh ideas on it: Take an example where you've got raw data of orders that contains the following fields Region City Product Total Sales $ You create a pivot table With Region & City as the Row Fields, Product as the Column Field and Total Sales $ as the data. This works fine. Now if you try to add a calculated item, say the difference in sales of Product A and Product B, the whole pivot blows up and you get every city appearing in ...

cannot open this item in this reading pane
I emailed a couple of task to another computer from outlook and when they delivered to the othe email box I got the following message Cannotopen this type attachment please open to read, but when I click to open the email I get the message cannot open this type of attachment Are you sending a .pub? Do you have Publisher on the other computer. Only Publisher can open Publisher files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Nse16" <Nse16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AB1682A-12B4-4123-8BE...

Changing Item Prices
Hey Guys, If you use the "Inventory Wizard" to Change item prices, say for a Given Department for 10% off.....how do you cancel this if you find you wish to stop the sale early due to it being toooo popular? Well, run the wizard again to adjust the prices back up. Or have I over simplified your question? Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. Michael Thomas wrote: >...

Notes Field on Item Label
I would like to print the item notes field on a label. This is not an option from the field list. I was looking to see if I could use one of the additional fields listed (sub 1-3 are in use). Listed in the available fields from the label designer are detail field 1-3. What are these and where are they located in the db? Ideally, I would like to print the notes field on the label. If that is not possible I was wondering if anyone know what those detail fields are. I am not looking for a Crystal Reports solution at this time. Ari, We have an application called RITE Label that allows...

OT
Just out of curiosity. I just ran into a c++ line counter and counted the lines of code in my last project. It ended up being 151035 lines, not counting empty lines or comments. It took me a little under 2 years to finish it, I was the only developer and I count each year as 250 work days. So it comes out to 151035 / 500 = 302.7 lines per day What is my level of productivity? High Medium or Low? Since I don't have a manager, and I don't have any peers either, its kinda hard to gauge my own productivity! AliR. "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote: &g...

Inactive Items still ring up
I am running SO 2.0 and I have 6 stores. When some items are marked inactive they will still scan and ring up in some of the stores. We have found that some items on the blocked list do this as well. I cannot find a common factor among them. What am I missing that is allowing these items to be sold? We are not running HQ yet. Thanks Marking an item inactive does not make it unavailable to sell. It simply takes it off the active items list when searching for an item. To make them unavailable for sale you need to block the sale of the item. Make sure you tell it whe...

PO's generated from SOP- line items in same order as Sales Order
When a Drop Ship Purchase Order is generated from a Sales Order, the user should have the ability to have the Line Items created in the same order as the Sales Order, rather than in Item Number Order. The PO needs to look like the Sales Order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&qu...

Too many Outlook 2003 issues...need to back rev.
I have so many problems with Outlook 2003, I really need to get back to "normal". I uninstalled Outlook 2003, but maintained the rest of Office 2003 Pro and then tried reinstalling Outlook 2000. All that would install was the workgroup version, but I have an Exchange server and for the life of me, could not find the setting to add the Exchange Server service. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tools, Email Accounts. You can add your Exchange Mailbox back there. "Todd" <sliderxp21REMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vs7741kp45aada@corp.su...

Rearrange Mail Items
Sorry if this topic has been covered. I have two outlook data files that keep open at all times (the main "Personal Folders" and an archive). In previous versions, the archive folder was on top and Person olders was on bottom. In 2007, it's the opposite and I can't figure out how to swap the two. Granted, it's a small thing but it's what I'm used to and I don't feel like changing my habits. TIA, nautonnier do to complaints in older versions, 2007 puts the default delivery location on top. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook...

Color sent items to a recipient by subject?
I use Outlook 2002 at work, and I'd like to be able to color sent items to a recipient based on the message subject. Anyone know how? I can color messages based on the recipient NAME, but not name AND subject. Reason: the recipient gets dozens of e-mails per day from me, but I need certain ones (with "handover" in the subject) to stand out in the crowd. It's the recipient's Automatic Formatting settings on a view that control the color coding of items in their Inbox. If you put a message flag on with a reminder, they'll probably see it in red when the reminder ...

GL Account Level Security
Has anybody used this feature before? Is it worth using? What would be the ideal situation to use this? Yes, I have used this before. It simply allows you to define what GL accounts a particular user can enter into, edit and enquire on. Typical examples of restricted accounts are 'Directors Renumeration'!!! Seriously though it is an inherent part of the SOX compliance in GP and allows you to control who can view financial data. If you have any questions on setting this up post here again. Best regards, "modonnel@knight.com" wrote: > Has anybody us...

Can an item in a CComboBox programatically hidden?
Hi, Is it possible to hide some items in a CCombox? Can CComboBox::SetItemHeight(0) or other functions serve this purpose? Say in different situations, I want to hide different sets of items, but still want all the items have consistent sequence indices. Is it possible? If I can populate the box with the same whole set of items, and simply hide items according to different situations, the code complexity can be greatly reduced. I use Component One's flexgrid control that has this feature. Often times, I just use one logic to deal with different, complex situations. Your advi...

Sent messages are not going to the SENT ITEMS folder
When I send messages in Outlook 2000, sent messages are not going into the Sent Items folder. I've got the check box set at Tools, Options, E-Mail Options, Save Copies of Sent Messages in Sent Items Folder. It seems it was working, but not for the past three days. Any ideas? I'm using Windows XP Home, Office 2000. hgfd ...

Cannot delete Sent Items #2
I can't delete some of the older files from my Sent Items folder. Basically everything dated 12/7/2004 and earlier will not delete. I get an error message that says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I've restarted and still get the same error. I even restarted the computer as well. Anybody got any ideas? thanks, Richard Are you able to right-click on an individual email and delete it? Have you tried opening Outlook in safe mode and then deleting the sent items: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howt...