Returns Transaction Entry Error

I'm trying to do a Return.  Just a plain Return not Return w/Credit.
I'm getting the error message: "There are no available quantities for
this item or vendor item.  Please select a different item or vendor
item." The PO has been received but not invoiced.  There are
quantities on-hand for this item but many have been sold.  Why am I
getting this error?  Thanks.

Michelle

0
mickieparis

Michelle,

Apparently, the quantity that was received for this item/vendor
combination have been sold or otherwise consumed.  Do you buy this
item from more than one vendor?  Could the quantity on hand be the
result of an inventory adjustment or physical count adjustment?

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
3/12/2010 12:25:48 PM
Returns are truely messed up in GP until you understand how the types are
used.  Then it works wonderfully.

When you receive goods, a record is inserted into IV10200 saying x quantity
of item y received from z on date, 0 consumed.  As inventory is consumed,
either FIFO or LIFO, the quantity consumed is increaed until this receipt
quantity is totally consumed.

You can return any unconsumed quantity using a Return transaction.  This is
typically used for items in QC that have not been released into general
inventory.

Otherwise, you need to use Inventory Returns.

Check our our Understanding Purchase Order Processing manual for lots of
documentation on the return process.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"mickieparis" wrote:

> I'm trying to do a Return.  Just a plain Return not Return w/Credit.
> I'm getting the error message: "There are no available quantities for
> this item or vendor item.  Please select a different item or vendor
> item." The PO has been received but not invoiced.  There are
> quantities on-hand for this item but many have been sold.  Why am I
> getting this error?  Thanks.
>
> Michelle
>

> .

Thanks for the replies.  So is there a report that will tell me that
quantities that have been consumed from a specific PO?

The items in question all come from the same vendor.  The PO I'm
selecting in the return process is older then some newer POs so it is
very possible that the quantities that were received from this PO have
been sold.  BUT I would like to know that, so again, is there a way
(either a built in report or via a custom SQL query against IV10200
table) that will let me know that a specific PO has had all it's
quantities consumed?  That would make it easier to select the correct
PO in the return process.

Thanks,
Michelle
0
mickieparis
3/12/2010 1:36:20 PM
Michelle,

The Purchase Receipts report under Inventory>Reports>Activity will
show you which receipts for a specific item or items have quantities
remaining.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank

Time based entry
I was wondering. Is it possible to automate a table or field entry based on time criteria. I am creating a database where the user will have to designate a transaction "cleared "for the balance to be reflected correctly. Can I do this automatically to avoid human error. For example it takes 10 days from a transaction entry to clear, therfore after 10 days I would like it to be reflected automatically if the user has not manually made the adjustment. TIA You could try this using an update query that runs when the database is opened, something like: UPDATE yourtable SET yourtable....

RMS POS V1.2
We have experienced time outs after tendering a transaction. When this happens the transaction posts to the sales departments but not to the total sales and a receipt is not printed. We have tried to extend the timeout period in administrator but this has not alleviated the problem. Has anyone experienced this error message before and has a possible solution: Store Operations Business Rules Error 2147217871 Timeout expired Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider For SQL Server (SQL State: HYTOO) (Native Error:0) No help file available Select ItemID, SUM (Quantity) AS Qua...

Socket Error
Error when trying to install Dynamics CRM 4.0 on Windows Server 2008: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. SQL Server 208 is on the same physical box Firewall is disabled All SQL services are running under network service account Installation being run under a full Domain Admin account All files in the problem subfolder are excluded from Virus Scan More on the error: FCB::Open failed: Could not open file C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.NOCNAPT01\MSSQL\DATA\NOCNDynamics_MSCRM.mdf for file number 0. OS error: 2(failed to re...

Search Error
While searching in outlook 97 i"m getting an error message : The search folder cann't be creatde, the folder allready exists ! and find window closes. Thank's Doron ...

Error with Copy function
Hi, I'm trying to copy data from workbook A to workbook B. However, whenever I select workbook B, the Paste function is blur, which means I can not paste it. If I create a new workbook , then I can paste the data there. In workbook B, I created a macro to open workbook A. Pls help me how to fix this. Many thanks! ...

Bank of America transaction downloading #2
Anyone else trying to use Money'05 with Bank of America (California) and having problems with the content that goes intot the account register? I'm getting some fairly worthless information inserted into the Payee field. Most of my downloaded transaction come in as "INTRALINK NETWORK TRANS 876565" or "BANK CARD PURCHASE 765765" instead of "Walmart Store 54657" or "Exxon". For checks the, check number is not in the "Num" field, it's in the payee field. I'm curious if this only a Bank of America phenomenon or a Money-wi...

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

#Error when blank
When OwnerLastName is blank I am getting an #Error can it just be blank...Thanks Bob =UCase(Left(Nz(DLookUp("[OwnerLastName]","tblOwnerInfo","[OwnerID] = " & [tbOwnerID] & ""),""),3)) Is OwnerID a Number field, or a Text field? Also, is this on a form or a report? The Criteria is not correct. Ignoring the Left() and UCase() until you get it working, try this if OwnerID is a Number field: =DLookUp("[OwnerLastName]","tblOwnerInfo","[OwnerID] " = Nz([tbOwnerID],0)) Or, for a Text field: =DLoo...

Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

SaveAs wk3 file type error message
I'm trying to convert an Excel worksheet to a Lotus 123, wk3, file format. I've had to use Excel 2003 as Excel 2007 no longer appears to offer the Lotus 123 file formats. When I do the SaveAs command in Excel 2003 an error is generated saying "You are attempting to save a file type that is blocked by your registry policy setting." Does anyone know a workaround for this issue? Ken Error message when you try to save a file in Excel 2007 or in Excel 2003: "You are attempting to save a file that is blocked by your registry policy setting" http://s...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

_AfxFindFirstDlgItem and _AfxFindNextDlgItem compilation errors
Hi, I want to use these APIs but since these are not documented anywhere in msdn i cant make out which files to include and that's why it is generating compilation error : undeclared identifier. Any idea how to use these APIs ? thanks & regards ~ Rudresh Hi Rudresh you can try documented GetNextDlgGroupItem or GetNextDlgTabItem -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Rudresh" <Rudresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB7B671-A12C-47CF-8782-6B...

errors when emailing
when attempting to email I get an error message saying " The host SMTP could no be found. Please verify that the server name is entered correctly." Thanks -- wildcat Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "wildcat" <wildcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17C80870-EC03-4B14-A5A6-E4B7BFD3D3C6@microsoft.com... > > when attempting to email I g...

S.M.A.R.T. error
My computer was running real slow, so I rebooted it. The reboot hung with a message: A S.M.A.R.T. error has been detected. Press F1 to Resumeant to boot from the network "Resumeant"?? And boot from the network?? I am not set up to do that as far as I know. What kind of trouble am I in here? Appreciate any help! In news:952718E3-A972-46F9-BC07-0DDA9442A929@microsoft.com =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obkQ=?= <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My computer was running real slow, so I rebooted it. The reboot hung > with a message: > A S.M.A.R.T. error ...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

exmerge errors
Hi, i am haivng problem extracting the mailboxes using exmerge any ideas from this log that it creates Than Gar *************************************************************** Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Program, v4.00.02 Start Logging:February 27, 2004 20:37:1 *************************************************************** [20:37:19] Logging Level: Non [20:37:19] Reading settings from file 'C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN\EXMERGE.INI' [20:37:20] Error 8007203a opening an LDAP connection. ('LDAP://EXCHANGE/rootDSE') (CADRoutines::GetNamingContextData [20:37:20] Accessin...

card reader and errors
Toshiba a305-6905 3gb laptop. 1.5 years. All of a sudden I stick a Sony memory stick and a I tried a filled sd card to ensure it wasn't one of the either and regardless I get an error. Shows up when inserted on my computer but no pics will be displayed because it says the media card needs to be formatted first even with pics on it. So I played along and let the computer tried to format the card and it computer is unable to format. Storage on portable media is not in the lock position. Pics will show up on camera and printer so I know this is computer related only. Shows up o...

Runtime error #10
I suddenly can't send or forward email from my account. A pop up message reads at the top- Microsoft Visual ++ Routine Library Then- Runtime Error! Program c:\programfiles\microsoftoutlook.EXE Abnormal program termination Thanks! ...

Count and order by
I'm trying to count how many time each user have been logged in to my website and then sort them desc. But I keep getting an error. SELECT user, count(user) AS logins FROM tsigninlog GROUP BY user order by logins desc; This SQL shows a form where I must enter a parameter value. Why does it not works ? -- My Photo Gallery www.anothermasterpiece.com There is no field called logins. logins doesn't exist until after the query is executed. Therefore your order by column should be count(user). Cheers, Jason Lepack On Aug 16, 2:32 pm, SpookiePower <boxjunk2...@gmail.com> wrote:...

error 80244019 and 80070005 and 8024416 and 80246005
What are the steps to fix them? Thanks -- Kristen Rios How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 MowGreen ================ *-343-* FDNY Never Forgotten ================ banthecheck.com "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked ...

Great Plains payroll transaction entry total dollars per employee
When I enter transactions in payroll batches, I would like to see the entry window show me a dollar total (rate x hours) as I'm entering the transactions (per line) and then a dollar total per employee. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mi...

Move cell info and info in range of cells on new entry
I would like to enter info into exsiting cell and when I hit enter the existing info would move down one row. B C D E 5 Enter new info her existing info moves down 6 7 Thanks for the help. -- JoAnn You could use a worksheet_change event macro within your sheet module to do this when you enter a value into the last column of the existing row. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "abc" <abc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8378874C-D0D0-4E73-98F6-F48E61B60898@microsoft.com......

Getting error in outlook
hi steve here i am getting error in outlook o/s : 98 Error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Errors have been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool. any help would be appreciated >hi steve here >i am getting error in outlook >o/s : 98 > >Error: >Unable to display the folder. >Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. >Errors have been detected in ...

Error I have never seen before in Exchange 5.5
Just wondering if any other exchange gurus have ever seen this error. I am running exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server both the os and exchange are running sp4. The network is also a 2003 active directory network The error is as states: Event Type: Erro Event Source: MSExchangeF Event Category: Non Event ID: 103 Date: 11/14/200 Time: 2:32:11 P User: N/ Computer: EXCHANG Description Unable to open or read a message in the Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector inbox from Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector (EXCHANGE). It shows up many times a day in the event viewer. It does not seem...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...