Return Item Allocated to a Service Call

Can someone who is an expert with the Service Call module give me some tips
on the best approach to returning items (removing from Service Call and
processing the return on the PO side).  It is all being done manually here on
the GL side but we are trying to find the best way of having the system
handle this.  We currently do not have the RMA/RTV series setup on the
Service Call side.

Thanks

Well, first of all, you can't 'remove' an item from the service call
if the service call has been placed into 'Ready Invoice' or a higher
status.  Once it's in that status, there is no going back and making
changes to the service call.

As for processing returns, you will need to setup RMA/RTV to do it
properly.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
2/5/2010 8:30:35 PM
The Service Call is at the BackOrder Status.  I do understand we need to
setup the RMA/RTV but can't find any good documentation on best practices on
setting it up.

Here is what happened...an SO contains an item that generated a PO for an
item we never received and will never receive.  The AP clerk processed the
receipt and matched the invoice.  They were able to void the payment on the
invoice prior to sending the check out but now we have an Open Invoice.  I
know we are not supposed to void the Invoice because it was done through the
PO system.  At this point, I'm confused on where the Return should happen --
the service call or the PO.  Anyone have some good documentation????

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Well, first of all, you can't 'remove' an item from the service call
> if the service call has been placed into 'Ready Invoice' or a higher
> status.  Once it's in that status, there is no going back and making
> changes to the service call.
>
> As for processing returns, you will need to setup RMA/RTV to do it
> properly.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
>

> .

Why are you under the impression that you shouldn't void the invoice?
It sounds like the return should be against the PO.

I'm not clear on how the service call figures into this as you stated
that the PO was created from an SO.  If the SO is a result of closing
a service call, you can't make any changes to the service call because
it is past the 'Ready Invoice' status and has been billed.

For setup info on RMA/RTV, go Help>Printable Manuals>Field
Service>Returns Management.  The Printable Manual will guide you
through setup.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
2/5/2010 10:33:45 PM
Ok -- you're right, I can void the invoice, but when I do this and go through
the PO Returns, the receipt will not show up.

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Why are you under the impression that you shouldn't void the invoice?
> It sounds like the return should be against the PO.
>
> I'm not clear on how the service call figures into this as you stated
> that the PO was created from an SO.  If the SO is a result of closing
> a service call, you can't make any changes to the service call because
> it is past the 'Ready Invoice' status and has been billed.
>
> For setup info on RMA/RTV, go Help>Printable Manuals>Field
> Service>Returns Management.  The Printable Manual will guide you
> through setup.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
>

> .

Did you check all four Return Types to see if it shows up in any of
them?

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
2/9/2010 6:09:04 PM
I've checked all.  With Return and Return with Credit, I get "No quantities
available
for this receipt".  With Inventory and Inventory with Credit, I get "You can
only return receipts with an Inventory Type of: Adjustment,  Transfer,
Variance, or Sales Return".

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Did you check all four Return Types to see if it shows up in any of
> them?
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
>

> .

Did you actually void the invoice yet?  Your 11:39 post reads like you
hadn't yet.  If you haven't voided the invoice, the item won't be
available to return until you do.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
2/9/2010 10:41:21 PM
Yes it is voided.

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> Did you actually void the invoice yet?  Your 11:39 post reads like you
> hadn't yet.  If you haven't voided the invoice, the item won't be
> available to return until you do.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
>

> .

And you're 100% sure the shipment receipt occurred?  The AP clerk
didn't just enter an invoice?  Have you checked the Receiving
Transactions SmartList or PO Transactions Inquiry to make sure the
receipt exists?

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
2/10/2010 4:30:12 PM
Yes the receipt was entered.  I really think the issue is that we entered
this on an SO and somehow it is still be allocated to it.
--
jav

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> And you're 100% sure the shipment receipt occurred?  The AP clerk
> didn't just enter an invoice?  Have you checked the Receiving
> Transactions SmartList or PO Transactions Inquiry to make sure the
> receipt exists?
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
>

> .

Did you get this figured out jav?

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
0
Frank

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

Disappearing menu item
I set up Outlook 2003 to include News groups under the Go menu as described by the help files. It worked fine for a while but has now disappeared from the menu! Not only that but now it isn't in the Customise options either so Ican't add it again. Now I can only access news groups by loading Outlook Express directly. Anyone know of a way of adding News to the dropdown menus again? Regards, Jerry ...

how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the .
how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the same workbook and also link the format? I able to accopmplish each individually but not both. Formulas return values--not formatting. How did you get the link to formats to work? --- Sometimes, you can use a macro to do the work for you. Camalla wrote: > > how do i link a list of items in a workbook to worksheets in the same > workbook and also link the format? I able to accopmplish each individually > but not both. -- Dave Peterson Camalla No way to link Formats unless you are using Conditional Formatti...

Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

Lost my Sent items folder
I recently cleaned up the too many e-mails I had in my inbox by creating a series of personal folders to organize and store them. So far so good. Next I noticed that my sent items folder was a subfolder of my deleted items folder (don't know why) Which I promptly emptied ..DOH!! Now I do not have a sent items floder, it vanished. My e-mail is going out OK but the mail shows it is staying in the outbox folder.This is all new to me, and I sincerely do not believe I messed with these folders (other than emptiying deleted items) I am running XP and Office 2003, and it is a corporate machine. ...

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

Service
Can you have CRM monitor an email account and open tickets form this box. Thus could a client open and or update a ticket from an email.? Would I need to employ the use of the tracking icon? If I have this right you want to receive emails to global email address and then have a case created automatically from the email. If this is correct then you can use Queues to create a ServiceDesk global email storage and use workflow to create a case when an email is received on the queue. HTH's -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 http://www.mscrmschool.co.uk "CGM" wro...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

Returning the Beginning of the week
Returning the beginning of the week. e.g. if the date == 02/03/04 (Friday 2nd March 2004) the beginning week for that date == 01/03/04 (Thursday 1st March 2004) Hows does one go about achieving this? Regards -- Rizitsu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15840 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314968 This formula will take a date in cell A1 and give the start of the wee in B1 * assumes that monday is the start of the week, so i...

return
Capability of the system to automatically change the status of the PO to change order, and add line items that have been returned. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

add a new item to the context menu of Oulook
How to add a new item to the context menu of the Selection in outook contact list? Not possible. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "soja" <sojah@atinav.com> wrote in message news:013601c3d9a0$87887e50$a001280a@phx.gbl... | How to add a new item to the context menu of the Selection | in outook contact list? ...

Sent Items #7
Hi All, I have a user that is having problems with their sent items folder. All was working fine up to one week ago, after this point when he sends a email the email is no longer stored in his sent items. Had a look into the options tab making sure the check box is checked for copying a sent email into to his sent items. Am at a loss with this one, not sure what to try next. W2k Outlook express 6. He has not installed anynew software, and he system is up-to-date virus defintions / patchs. Any help would be great. Thanks Matt try one of the support options here: http://support....

Return
When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix rather than the individual item and changing the quantity to -1? Hi KIm, Normally this won't work as it works in sale where for each matrix type you can put the qunatites. HOWEVER when you select the matrix item it bring the matrix window but allow only one item at a time to be returned and make the -1 qty automatically in return document type. It work but one by one. Regards Akber "Kim" wrote: > When returning an item, can you return the item by selecting the matrix > rather than the individua...

Returning Multiple Values in a Single Cell
Hello, I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago but forgot to mention a key point. My question was as follows: I have read a few posts regarding this subject but am still somewhat lost. I have a two sheet workbook (Excel 2000). On the first sheet is a list of projects that my department will complete during the year. A description of each project is given, a start date, an end date, as well as which crew will be completing the work (Crew 1 or Crew 2). What I am trying to do on the second sheet is to be able to type in any date, and have the description of the project on that da...

Item Modifier error/MPA01000
We are running Item Modifier but we are getting Primary Key errors on MPA01000. Currently our Item Numbers are UPC Numbers but we are switching over to Friendly Short Names- this is causing problems in the MPA01000 table since some items are in there with the Friendly Short Names already (not sure how that happened, plus it even has some non-inventory items). The question is: does anyone know where this MPA01000 table links up to a window (in GP8 or Dynamics9) or how this table gets populated? We need to clean out this info but we don't want to delete directly out of the table ...

Returns immediate function
Hi all, I know that the function CeRapiInitEx returns immediately. No wait for processing. I want to implement such a function. Returns immediate. no wait. How do I implement such a function? Thanks Ko You might create a UI thread that do the work, launch it in the "non-wait" function and return immediatly to the caller. When the thread done it's works, you can post an application message to return the results.... Greetings, Gaetano Sferra "PPC DEV" <ppc_dev@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:033101c3b388$a7098910$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all...

Lookup Values, return multiple.
I need help please. The formula I require has to in Worksheet A :- [B1] lookup DATA in Worksheet A [A1] SP001 in worksheet B [A] [B] [C] SP001 PL001 16 SP001 PL002 5 SP001 DR001 10 CR001 PL001 2 Search for all Text String starting with "PL" in Worksheet B [B] only for SP001 in [A] and return with values from Worksheet B [C] 16 and 5 I need the values to be seperated and not summed. Tx. Appreciate assistance. Try this... In the formulas: Rng1 refers to worksheet B $A$2:$A$5 Rng2 refers ...

% Return Line graph?
Hi- Can someone show me how to customize a graph in Money 2005 to show my stock portfolio's % change over time? I just want a simple line chart showing my percentage change since the beginning - as a way to just figure out relative performance but I can't seem to find the right graph to customize. I can't just chart the value of the portfolio as I have been adding money to it over time which has drastically changed the % returns. I am not sure if what I want is possible or if this is clear but I also have the plugin for MS Excel that I can import money data so if there is...

Transfering inventory items to another site
Hi everyone, We have two sites in our company and they both hold some inventory items. Now we are going to close down one of the sites and need to transfer all the items in that site to the other site. The only way I can think of doing that is going through item transfer entry for each item. Is there a way to handle site transfer in a batch? Thanks, Henry If you are using SQL you can write a script to transfer it all to a particular site. "henry" wrote: > Hi everyone, > We have two sites in our company and they both hold some inventory items. > Now we are going t...

kit item return
There should be an option in the Store Op Manager --> Configuration --> Option Tab to allow the ability when returning a Kit Item to either return the quantity back to the Kit Items Inventory or to the Kit Item COMPONENTS Inventory. Effectively breaking out the Kit Item automatically when the item is returned to inventory. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to op...

Formula that returns the sheetname
Does anyone know of a formula that would return the active sheetname? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html "TimT" wrote: > Does anyone know of a formula that would return the active sheetname? Great Link! The formula was =MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename", A1))+ 1, 255) ....yeah, like I was gonna figure that one out on my own. "David Hepner" wrote: > http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/cell_function.html > > > "TimT" wrote: > > > Does anyone know of a form...

Function to Return the IP Address of a known Host
Hi People, This function returns the IP Address of a known host. I hope you find it useful. Function xlGetIPAddress(strHost As String) 'Ping a host to see if it is alive Dim objPing Dim objRetStatus Dim strMessage If strHost = "" Then xlGetIPAddress = False Else Set objPing = GetObject("winmgmts: {impersonationLevel=impersonate}").ExecQuery("select * from Win32_PingStatus where address = '" & strHost & "'") For Each objRetStatus In objPing If IsNull(objRetStatus.StatusCode) Or objRet...

What's "can't shift items off sheet" in Excel?
I have a rather large Excel file (I'm adding items to the "G" columns. I have several columns hidden (old data I want to keep) and only about 8 or 10 columns unhidden. When I tried to hide three more columns just now, I get an Excel message "can't shift items off sheet". What does this mean? I've been using Excel for 11 years, and have never seen this message. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=170081 XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/?id=211769 XL2000: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet&...

If it returns #N/A, making it return 0
I have a list of numbers, that at the end of their row it averages them. However, the numbers are obtained by a VLOOKUP function. If it can't find what it's looking for, it returns #N/A which makes it so it can't calculate the average at the end. Is there any way to get the VLOOKUP function to return 0 instead of #N/A? Or maybe make the cell return 0 if the VLOOKUP function returns #N/A? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Also, if it return...