RetrieveGlobals9.dll FAILED to register

on a machine with XP SP2,
while using regsvr32 to register retrieveblobals9.dll
it failed with:
Return code was: 0x80004005

any advice is much appreciated.
0
HFLo (289)

All links on Error Code: 0x80004005 points to one common issue:
Administrator Privilege needs to be there for the user who is trying to
register the DLL.

I have no other suggestion for time being.

--
Thanks
Vaidy

"HFLo" wrote:

> on a machine with XP SP2,
> while using regsvr32 to register retrieveblobals9.dll
> it failed with:
> Return code was: 0x80004005
>
> any advice is much appreciated.
0
Vaidy (155)

Attempt to execute com object 'mix.discount' failed. could not cre
When i open the RMS pos, it gives me this error: "Attempt to execute com object 'mix.discount' failed. could not create object.". Can anyone help??? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D3_01C826B4.F23FB7D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable TJW, Not positive, but it sounds like an add-on program issue. Do you have = any? Maybe a pricing add-on? --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=...

dll files ?
What program you guys use for opening dll files ? What do you mean by "opening dll files"? A dll file usually isn't an executable that can be run... -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Renato Rrapi" <renatorrapi@live.com> wrote in message news:4E77F324-7BB6-4460-ABA5-5E2CF480EA8D@microsoft.com... > What program you guys use for opening dll files ? On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:47:23 -0500, "Renato Rrapi" <renatorrapi@live.com> wrote: >What program you guys use for opening ...

Repost: MFC71U.dll base address overlaps MSVCR71.dll
The base address for MSVCR71.dll as shipped with Visual Studio .NET 2003 is 0x7C34000. The base address for MFC71U.dll is 0x7C250000, and its size is 0x00102000, which means it ends at 0x7C352000, overlapping the range for MSVCR71.dll. What is the best way to resolve this conflict so that the loader doesn't have to relocate MSVCR71.dll every time it loads? Does this problem still exist with the recently-released Service Pack 1? On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 06:51:02 -0700, GregM <gregm@newsgroups.nospam> wrote: >The base address for MSVCR71.dll as shipped with Visual Studio .NET 20...

Information Store and MTA fail to start after reboot
When I reboot our Exchange 2003 SP2 server the Information Store and MTA fails to start. I am able to start both of them manually (they are both set to start automatically). The server has GFI mail essentials, Microsoft Live Communication Server and Computer Associates eTrust Anti-virus installed on it. The problem had not occurred until recently (probably after an install of some Microsoft patches). I have listed all of the error messages we are getting below after a reboot. I have searched the Microsoft forums and googled the problem but have been unable to find a solution (I f...

RetrieveGlobals9
I have customized some windows in GP 9.0 with VBA and am having an issue with deployment. Some systems are working as expected, others throw an error with the db connection from the RetrieveGlobals9.dll. Narrowing it down to two systems one working and the other not, I cannot find the differences. Both systems have MDAC 2.8 SP1, RetrieveGlobals9.dll is registered, are running the same GP version and are up to date on patches. The only other thing is that the working system is Windows XP SP2 and the other is Windows 2000 SP4. The documentation is not detailed enough to give any reasons f...

monitor: task_for_pid failed
Every time I try to quit an Office 2004 app, I get these types of errors in the Console: 2/26/08 12:01:47 AM [0x0-0x1ed1ed].com.microsoft.Excel[2561] monitor: task_for_pid failed (os/kern) failure 2/26/08 12:01:52 AM [0x0-0x1ee1ee].com.microsoft.Word[2572] monitor: task_for_pid failed (os/kern) failure Once I hit cmd-Q, they sit there for about 45 seconds before dumping with that error. Tried repairing permissions, different user account -- to no avail. OS X 10.5.2, Office 2004, Mac Mini G4. In article <28f089ef-7ba0-46fc-924c-48020f84fb31@c33g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>, Acecabezon...

How to access same global variable accross dll's
There are 2 dlls A.dll and B.dll. I have a global variable named g_lNumber. g_lNumber is defined in one of the files of A.dll as long g_lNumber = 5000000; I wanted to access the same g_lNumber in one of the files of B.dll, so i defined in the file as extern long g_lNumber; But still it gives me a linker error when i build B.dll. Can someone tell me how to resolve this? Thanks Alamelu "Alamelu" <Alamelu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D372D27-391B-48C0-AF2E-3DBFF98BCD9C@microsoft.com... > There are 2 dlls A.dll and B.dll. I have a global variab...

locating .dll
I get the this message every time I try to open the calendar, contacts, or tasks. "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured." Does anyone know how to fix it? Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sen...

Two Cash Drawers per Register
Can anybody fill me in on the advantages and not working functionality (or disadvantages) of having two cash drawers per register in RMS SO 2.0.0114? Since RMS, for reasons unknown to me, doesn't have "Floating Cashier" functionality that would track individual cashier tendering information opposed to the current register tendering information, we would like to assign the "main" cashier per register to cash drawer #1 and the break relief/temp. cashier to cash drawer #2. But of course this wouldn't do us any good unless we can actually set this up this way AND...

How to handle event of ATL COM Dll in MFC Client like in VB6 ?
Hello everybody, I'm a newbie with MFC and ATL (VS6.0), I'm learning how to make COM Dll with ATL and using it in MFC project . Now I can make a simple ATL COM Dll project that has some functions and some events , I can catch these events with VB6 using Withevents keyword and It works fine . I would like now to make and MFC project (VS6.0) and use my ATL component inside this project, I use the #import directive and can call almost functions of this COM dll, but I want to handle its events as well as with VB6 . Could you please provide me some information how to do it ? I need simple...

Outlook Lead Import Fails
When I attempt to import leads using outlook I get a blank window. This is after I click import from the CRM menu. Fyi, import works in the Web CRM interface. Any suggestions. ...

DLL Registeration
I am running Access 97 from Office 97 on a new Windows XP. When I try to open a letter with a letterhead (that was created on a Windows 98 box) it says that the OLESRV.dll is not registered and I should reinstal it. How do I go about registering a .dll? I tried uninstall/install of Access 97 and Start/Run/RegSvr32.exe but they did not help. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim A. ...

Error Message when Printing
Recently my IE v 6 xpsp2 and Outlook 2003 has stopped printing. I get a runtime error message "Interface not Registered". The printing works fine in Word, Excel, Project, and Mozilla Firefox. Any ideas? Thanks. LF ...

Inflate dll
Hi All and Greetings, We have developped an application in VC++ Version 6. We are now upgrading our application under VC++ .NET Framework version 2002. The upgrading is OK, we observe that globally the size of generated dll's is lower than with dll's generated in the previous version. Exception for one dll that is quite 3 time larger than with the previous version. We observe that the inflation of size is due in including the .H of this dll, as we try to include the .h in other .cpp not related with this dll in ..NET. In doing so in VC 6 we observe no inflation in the size of the ...

Error: The ordinal 6880 could not be located in the DLL MFC42.DLL
:confused: I know - this is an old problem but still, I can't overcome it: A year ago I have stared receiving the above application error when I navigate to folders containing AVI files. Dismissing the dialog is followed by an apparent Windows Explorer crash and restart. ================================ The solutions I found in several sites are as follows: The WinXP file version 6.02.4131.0 *has* the ordinal 6880. Therefore, you've installed poor software installing an older version of that system file. If you're lucky, that copy was installed in a program folde...

Updates fail
Windows Vista Home Premium Dell Inspiron 1525 Removed a number of viruses, Trojans and other malware from the machine. It now fails on any attempt to do updates. It does the download, makes a restore point, says it's starting the installation, then fails. Failure codes include (but are not limited to) 80070490, 80246007, 80070016 and C000013A. The first one is the one that occurs most often. In addition, updates which the update history shows as having been installed successfully are now being shown as needing to be installed again. I've tried several of the KB ar...

vbg with dll and exe vbps
This is probably one of those I dont' have enough info to answer questions! I just went back to an old abandoned program i was trying to review to see if I could scavenge parts for a new version It consisted of a vbg with two vbps, one for a dll and one for the exe some of my folder structures have changed since i last looked at the old projects so i manually(in notepad) revised some paths to bas/cls files in the two vbps to get rid of the file not found, continue loading? error on opening the vbg in the ide I revised project|references to update as required(got rid of &qu...

MFC DLL causing assertion in calling app in realse but not debug?
I have a MFC DLL . This DLL has a function which creates a dialog box. The DLL has been compiled for release and works fine when the calling app is programmed for debug but throws the followin assertion when the calling app is compiled for release. _AFXWIN_INLINE HINSTANCE AFXAPI AfxGetResourceHandle() { ASSERT(afxCurrentResourceHandle != NULL); return afxCurrentResourceHandle; } The assertion is being thrown in the doModal of the DLL. I am calling the dll function from the main app like so: HINSTANCE hInstClient = AfxGetResourceHandle(); HINSTANCE hInstDLL = (HINSTA...

App Unicode call MBCS dll
Hi!, I've got a great problem, and I don't have any idea how can I to solve it. I hope that there is a solution to solve it :-). Well. I've got an App UNICODE that call a routine in a dll MBCS: App UNICODE CString dir; bDameValorINI (dir, "Directorios", "Ejecutables", "C:\", true); Routine dll MBCS bool bDameValorINI (CString &valor, const CString &clave, const CString &variable, const CString &nombre_ficheroINI, bool obligatorio); When I try to call to that function, I can see with Debug that clave is only "D&qu...

Access 07 Registered/Not registered
MS Access 2007 *is* registered? Access Options | Activate generates the message "this product has already been activated" When Open an Access 2007 database, I receive an error message "You are trying to open a read-only database." Solutions offered include "The database file's read-only Attribute is set" The read-only attribute, however is "NOT" set "You may have chosen the Open Read Only command in the Open dialog box. Sorry -- there is no dialog box...

Error: The ordinal 6880 could not be located in the DLL MFC42.DLL
I know - this is an old problem but still, I can't overcome it: A year ago I have stared receiving the above application error when I navigate to folders containing AVI files. Dismissing the dialog is followed by an apparent Windows Explorer crash and restart. ================================ The solutions I found in several sites are as follows: The WinXP file version 6.02.4131.0 *has* the ordinal 6880. Therefore, you've installed poor software installing an older version of that system file. If you're lucky, that copy was installed in a program folder and can ...

Shell32.dll icon copyright issues?
Does anyone know if there are any legal, such as copyright, issues that should stop me from extracting icons from, for example, shell32.dll for use in my application? --- Al. Have you looked in the graphics subdirectory of your VS install? Some of those icons might be there already, in which case the purpose is to allow you to incorporate those into your app. joe On Wed, 5 May 2004 11:23:02 +0100, "TVR Fan" <nosuch@address.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there are any legal, such as copyright, issues that >should stop me from extracting icons from, for example,...

LSP DLL and Window Service
Hello, I have developed an LSP (layered service provider) DLL and Window Service for url filtering. This DLL works fine with Vista Ultimate edition but when I use this DLL with Vista Business edition, on reboot Vista business edition stop responding for first 8 - 10 minutes and after that everything works fine. I registered this DLL and service on both Vista Ultimate and Vista Business by using run as administrator. Everything is fine with XP. What could be the reason of not responding on Windows Business. Regards, Manish Agarwal ...

RetrieveGlobals9.dll
RetrieveGlobals9.dll seems to work as advertised if the sa user is logged in to GP. However, when I log in as a standard user (LESSONUSER1 of TWO for example), I am unable to connect to the database. When I check the connection string property of the connection object, I find that the password field is encrypted for the standard user but not for the sa user. How can I get it to work for the standard user? You can find all you need to know on Customer/PartnerSource. I'm only disclosing the same information here and a little of what I have learned to complement that information. Wh...

link to msvcr71.dll
Hi everyone! I am working with C++ .NET. In this environment I have activeX. During registration on new computer without .NET framework dll cries about missing msvcr71.dll. When I put this dll on system path dll can pass registration. Does anybody know how can I compile dll in way that it will not require CRT dlls? Thank you, David Potahinsky David Potahisnsky wrote: > Hi everyone! > > I am working with C++ .NET. In this environment I have activeX. > > During registration on new computer without .NET framework dll cries > about missing msvcr71.dll. When I put this dl...