Restrict items to customers - Dynamics GP 10 Adv -

I have a client that sells pharmaceutical and non pharmaceutical products. Is
it possible to restrict certain items to certain customers to avoid that a
product for a drugstore cannot be sold to a supermarket.

Thanks,
--
Toni
0

Sort of but not 100%...here is how.

Use customer part numbers.  You can have only one part number for a specific
item but assign it to the customer using the customer part number cross
reference table.  So say part 100p is a CVS product with CVS labeling.  Enter
the part in your inventory then list it in the customer part number cross
reference under customer CVS.

Now, when sales orders are entered, use the customer item lookup to find the
parts.  Only parts for CVS will be found.

You could do this as well using a SmartList favorite lookup which could
include both customer specific parts as well as general items.

You can then have an alert fire off when the wrong part is placed on an
order for the wrong customer.

There is also a third party product.  Sales reps in the field would use
these remote data entry devices to pull up a list of products and take
orders.  Order sheets are built for each customer that lists ONLY items that
customer might buy.  This works for remote sales entry teams.  If this might
work for you, email me and I will get you the ISV name.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Toni" wrote:

> I have a client that sells pharmaceutical and non pharmaceutical products. Is
> it possible to restrict certain items to certain customers to avoid that a
> product for a drugstore cannot be sold to a supermarket.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Toni
0
info4071 (3004)
6/24/2009 6:44:01 PM
Timing is everything...almost.

After posting my initial reply I went online to search for a solution for
one of my customers and found Trinity Customer Templates.....It is EXACTLY
what you need.

Contact them at www.trinitypartners.com
--

"Toni" wrote:

> I have a client that sells pharmaceutical and non pharmaceutical products. Is
> it possible to restrict certain items to certain customers to avoid that a
> product for a drugstore cannot be sold to a supermarket.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Toni
0
info4071 (3004)
6/24/2009 6:57:01 PM
If you are using extended pricing, you can restrict customers to the items
on their price list.

"Toni" <Toni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a client that sells pharmaceutical and non pharmaceutical products.
Is
> it possible to restrict certain items to certain customers to avoid that a
> product for a drugstore cannot be sold to a supermarket.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Toni

0
news_jamrock (304)

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

Copy calendar items within the Calendars in Public Folders
How do I copy the calendar items within the Calendars in Public Folders by just doing it once? I have quite some Calendars in the Public Folders and this will help so that I duplicate them in one go. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Change the view to 'events', select all, right click, drag to the other calendar folder, release and choose Copy. Angie wrote: > How do I copy the calendar items within the Calendars in > Public Folders by just doing it once? I have quite some > Calendars in the Public Folders and this will help so > that I duplicate them in on...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

release date of gp 10?
When is GP 10 going to be released? Mid-July -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jeremy W" wrote: > When is GP 10 going to be released? > > > ...

CRM vs GP
Hi all We've been doing some serious analysis on the pros-cons of MSCRM 1.2 versus GP 8.0. We wanted to use GP for backend stuff (credit card authorization, sales order management, etc) and CRM for the customer-facing stuff (call center, marketing campaign, etc). But in wanting to get views of, say, customer sales in CRM one needs to do customization work to bring in a view from GP. This is obviously an unnecessary duplication, in some respects. We only need some of the functionality of CRM, mainly the case management and lead management aspects, plus tracking activities (phone cal...

Enter the same item description for similar items
While entering items into POS 2.0 I found that I cannot enter the same item description for similar items. For example: if I have to enter 10 shirts with different size, color, material, manufacturer, cost and selling price, understandably I will have to create new item for each one of them with unique item # and barcode #, however, I find it difficult for my customer to come up with unique description for each one of them, especially when description has to be Shirt for all of them. Only other options left would be to add number to the description such as shirt1, shirt2, shirt3 etc...

expired item
What is the definition of an expired item in Outlook? Where are you seeing this message, and what version of Outlook? Lynn wrote: > What is the definition of an expired item in Outlook? ...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Customize the mailbox to include new folders
I've been asked by my manangement to see if there was a way to automatically create folders in a mailbox depending on what dept you are in. We just migrated from Lotus Notes to Exchange and if you know Notes, it's relatively easy to cutomize the Notes mail database by creating different mail db templates for each dept, but I have no idea how to do this in Exchange. From what I see there isn't a way to select a mailbox template in Exchange or for that matter customize it. Can someone point me in a direction that will help me accomplish this. Thank you. There is no easy w...

Custom AppWizard Parsing Error
hi frnds, i tired to develop a simple Hello world custom wizard app everything went fine...but whe i give OK button to create workspace it shows the error "Custom AppWizard error while parsing template 'ROOT.CPP' near Line 209: undefined symbol 'DOC' " ///--------- the template file Root.cpp is shown below-----/// // $$ROOT$$.CPP #include int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE d1, HINSTANCE d2, LPSTR d3, int d4) { MessageBox(NULL, "$$HELLOTEXT$$", "$$ROOT$$", MB_OK); return 0; } can anyone help me..... ...

GP 10, BP 4 on Sharepoint Services and FRX 6.7
I was wondering if there was a way with FRX 6.7 and BP 4 on sharepoint services to auto-publish FRX reports to document libraries like you could with BP 2.5? Thanks for the help. Fliehigh ...

Lookup View For Custom Entity
Does anyone know how to modify the order in which items appear in a lookup field? I basically want them to appear in the lookup choice based on a rating field I have created, rather than alphabetically. Thanks in advance. Jim Hi Jim, Should be as easy as modifying the "Lookup View" of the entity that forms the lookup. Lets say the parent entity is Account and you have a contact lookup on this form, then in order to modify the order of this contact lookup you need to edit the contact Lookup View. Add your rating field to the view and set the order to this rating field. One t...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

problem to import calendar items after saving in csv file (with MD
Hello, I have lot's of outlook's mailboxes that are corrupted. I use MDBVU32 to remove corrupt item. Before remove, I export calendar in csv format. I delete the folder calendar with MDBVU32 tool and I restart outlook with /resetfolders to force the re-creation of calendar folder. I do the import from my csv file but all works except that Meeting organizer and attendees are not copied into calendar. We use outlook 2002 with domain controller 2003 and exchange server 2000. Thanks a lot for assitance. Eric See your other post -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.c...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

CRM and GP integration with Biztalk 2002
We are a small company(5 GP users, 46 CRM-18 with service packs) that is about to implement the CRM integration for Great Plains. 1) Do we need a separate server for this ? 2) Is this real difficult to do ? 3) What are some common areas for integration ? I am thinking of customer addresses and pricing for now. We are a service-based business, that doesn't place orders per se. TIA, Ken I would STRONGLY encourage you to hold off until the new version. The current integration is not very good and has many weaknesses . . . and I think you'll be better off waiting a few months to i...

Outlook Express unable to forward items in emails
I receive an email with a cartoon or pic in the body of email or as an attachment. I open it and it is ok. When I try to send it to another person everything is forwarded or sent escept the pic. in its place is a square with an X in a square box in the corner of the square.I have tried saving the item to hard drive and then send it but all I send then is a bunch of numbers and symbols. Any ideas as to how I can send these pics. They are not pornographic. Try posting in an Outlook Express group - this group supports Outlook from Microsoft Office - Outlook Express is a part of Internet...

Remove ALL items script
Can I use a script to remove ALL items? can anyone prpovide the script, thanks. Dover, Delete Item Delete ItemClass Delete ItemClassComponent Delete Serial Delete Kit Delete Voucher Process each individually, be sure to make a backup before you do this, just in case you change your mind later. Rob "Dover" <Dover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48F1DA43-3CF2-46AF-AB92-2D40845562D1@microsoft.com... > Can I use a script to remove ALL items? can anyone prpovide the script, > thanks. ...

How to create subcategories or customized expenses
I am sure this a very basic thing to do and I am simply overlooking a very easy step...or it cannot be done in the trial version. However I cannot figure out how to create custom expenses or sub categories. i.e.: Gas or under Automoblie -> Gas... I just downloaded the trial version of Money Essentials v17.0.80.727 I have used Quickbooks before but wanted to give this a try.... Any suggestions? Thanks! "TXJuryDog" <TXJuryDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBB31184-6926-4EB1-9143-FA09F711D425@microsoft.com... > I just downloaded the trial version of M...

Deleted items view issue
I have one user who can not see their deleted items [Exchange Server 2000] under Outlook 2003 beta but can view them under Outlook XP. All other users can view all folders under both versions of Outlook just fine. I have reinstalled, deleted items and restored them, checked all settings I can think of and nothing seems to help. Any thoughts are appreciated. ...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

new items inqueue notification like outlook desktop alert notify
Would be nice to see built in funtionality that notifies users when new items are submitted to (a) queue(s). Something similar to Outlook's desktop alert notification. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Comm...

XML for finding artist items
Website one has a big catalog of my favourtie (but some usually I haven't heard of) artists names and album titles but Website two only provides songs but it is very complete. How do I use xml to link up these 2 websites? I want to build up a database in mySQL for example like this. Thanks Artist Songs songs contents checked Madonna papa don't preach @sldiufyhisufyiua y Madonna ........... Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal osoifoasrjajoijf n Yes....

restricting the drop lines to only a single series
I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. Is there a way to see only what I want, i.e. the drop lines for a selected series only? z.entropic Hi Z, > I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to > only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line > option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. > > Is there a way...