Restrict CD-Rom to specific group

I am trying to Disbale access to the CD/DVD-ROM drive on a single computer
where only certain users are allowed to access removble media.
I found the Group Policy to disable the CD-ROM drive at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555324, but I actually would like to restrict
the CD/DVD-Rom to a specific user group. Is tis possible?
This policy just disables it, but I can accomplish this through device
manager.

0
Beyuduzz (1)

Restricting Input
Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell restriction that will only allow data input if another cell is "empty" or has a certain value? Kind of like an IF function, only when "true" exists, I can input any value, and when "false" exists, I must leave it blank. Thanks in advance. Randy, you can accomplish this using data validation. Select: data-validation, then input your restriction. Randy Vieira wrote: > Ok, I'm on a roll here. Could someone please tell me how to set up a cell > restriction that will ...

find specific titles in a table
Hi, I am looking for a certain text in a particular spread sheet,what function/code can I use and how can I store the position Thanks Hi, why not give us a little more detail: is the text going to appear more than once. Are you searching for a particular item of text or will there be many items. Do you want its position in R1C1 notation, as an offset from a specific location, in A1 style and with its value. And is the text imbedded in a longer string? suppose the range is B1:G100 and you are looking for the word Apple by itself in one single cell, then you can use the following arr...

Restrict calendar?
We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our employers are holding off on the purchase due to the fact that there is no way to restrict certain users from even being able to see "Free/Busy" on their calendars. They want it so that a whole Active Directory OU can be set to not have any calendar access to another OU's calendar. Does anyone know if this is possible? This is huge for us so a great big Thank You in advance to those who might have suggestion. sgsundqu wrote: > We are currently looking at moving to Exchange 2003 this year. Our > employe...

No Return/Exchange on specific ILCs
Our customers are not allowed to exchange or return any item within one category. Is there a way to prevent cashiers from accidentally exchanging/returning these items (within this category)? I would be nice to have a "reversed" "Block Sales after/during this Date(s)" which only lets you return items but will not let you sell these items. Or better yet an extra option in the item options tab that would let you check the "Not allowed to return/exchange" option. Any suggestions? ------=_NextPart_0001_BC2B5F67 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Enco...

Same problem as Diane with CD
I got excel 4.0 worksheets and ascii files from IRS on a CD. I got the same read-only error message as Diane when I tried to open the files with Excel 2003. I could open WORD files with WORD2003. I then put the CD in an old computer with windows 98 and excel2000. I could read the excel files. However the files that I had tried to open were corrupted. The ascii files I guess were too big for the old computer for wordpad or excel to open from the CD. IRS has not had this problem with their data. DELL claims it is not a new computer problem and there are no viruses detected by M...

Pricing restriction to price lists
Most of our customers do no wish to load all products to MS CRM. Therefore the system restriction to use price lists is too inflexible. In case of opportunities it is even not possible to enter manual prices on product level. ...

Show by groups
I use OL 03 and want my email messages to be shown by Date, but not "shown by groups". But every time I create a new folder it checks "show by groups" by default, so that I have to go uncheck it. Can I change this default? If so, how can I do that? Thank you. Bob S <drbobsing@nospam.com> wrote: > I use OL 03 and want my email messages to be shown by Date, but not > "shown by groups". But every time I create a new folder it checks > "show by groups" by default, so that I have to go uncheck it. Can I > change this default? I...

Grouping on certain years - help needed please
Hi I have a database in Access 2007 that records details of sports clubs and historical results. Records start in 1929 to present date with a break for World War 2 I have reports showing League tables etc. One report shows all the clubs history on one page with club details at the top, then line by line history of results (Played/Won/Drew/For/ Against etc) However, I would like to group these latter results in pre-war (1929-1939) and post-war (1946- ) periods (all on the same report) I'd like advice please as how best to do this Many thanks Neil ...

Restrictions
All of a sudden I am no longer able to click on hyperlinks embedded within email and get an error message "THIS OPERATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO RESTRICTION IN EFFECT ON THIS COMPUTER. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR." I haven't knowingly changed anything but some other program may have. How do I get back to normal? See if the articles at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D310049 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307818 help with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

Fixed Deposit / CD
Given a start date, maturity date and the rate of interest of a Fixed Deposit / CD Is there any way Money can calculate the interest at maturity and create a list of all the maturities due date wise so that one can see which deposits are close to their maturity. For example: If you load the following Content into excel as a csv file: Citi Bank,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,, Number,AC Number,Name,Maturity,Interest rate,Currency,Current Balance,Status, 1,1234567890,James & Sam,21 March 2008,4.0000%,USD,418.84,Active, ,,,,,,,, Start Date,Maturity,Interest rate,Days,Principal,Interest,Balance,Further...

Make iteration default for a specific file
Hi! I have an excel file that needs iteration. However, it appears the setting saved with the file is sort of global: If it is opened with a fresh instance of Excel, the Iteration flag is set on; but if it is opened through an already running instance of Excel with the Iteration flag off as default, the iteration flag remains off: and I get a Circular Reference error. Is there a way I can make the iteration flag on for a specific file? ie if one instance of Excel opens many files including this one: the iteration flag is on for this file, and the default excel setting applies to o...

Trial CD
Hi, I've successfully installed CRM server and setup the sample users in my AD within the users group. Also, I've unchecked the Restricted access setting for the user in CRM setting up the sample data. I started the install and it autoselected the users from the ad and filled them into their appropriate slots but when I installed the sample data it didn't install all the data. It failed to setup the users and business groups. Here's a sample of the sample install log: ****************************************************************************************** Sample D...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

burn a publisher project to a cd
When I burn my publisher doc to a cd, the hyperlinks and inserted objects don't work Is there a fix I should have added, all the files were saved to the same folder then the objects and hyperlinks were created from that folder. I think it has something to do with the link being absolute and I need to make it relative. I just don't know how...or if that's possible in publisher. "MJ" wrote: > When I burn my publisher doc to a cd, the hyperlinks and inserted objects > don't work Is there a fix I've never done what you are wanting to do but you try ...

Restricting no. of recipients
Hello, We are using Exchange 5.5 server now and for some reason, we need to restrict the number of recipients that an user can send at once. I tried to find at most of configuration dialogs, but could not find it. Is it possible to enable this function in Exchange 5.5? Or is there a 3rd party tool regarding this? Appreciate it if you can find it or help me. Thanks. Richard You can set this, but it is for the maximum number of recipients in the message before distribution list expansion, so a distribution list counts as one recipient. It is much more accurate in Exchange 2000/2003....

Search a user and ad it to a group in all AD domain from file
Hi all, i'm tring to search a user in AD and add it to a group from a file(txt or excel it's not important). My problem is find the user in all OU AD. It's possible the user is in evry OU (ex.): ou=test,dc=domain,dc=com or in ou=marketing,ou=division,dc=domain,dc=com I write a script for a specific OU(i know the user path and group Path): strOU = "OU=import," strOUg = "OU=Sedi," strUser = "CN=Bill Gates" strGroup = "CN=grup test" ' Bind to Active Directory and get LDAP name Set objRootLDAP = GetObject("LDAP://Root...

DVD-RAM Drive Displays As CD Drive In My Computer
When I insert a blank DVD into the drive, the icon changes from DVD-RAM Drive to CD Drive and a windows opens up asking what I would like to do with the CD. After I eject the blank DVD, the icon returns to displaying DVD-RAM Drive. However, when I insert a DVD video into the drive, it will be recognized as such. A DVD data disc is correctly displayed as DVD ROM. The drive reads any disk I insert, and the drive is also recognized by most of my DVD burning software. I've also updated to the latest firmware for the drive. I've checked online and this problem seems to have ex...

restricting the drop lines to only a single series
I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. Is there a way to see only what I want, i.e. the drop lines for a selected series only? z.entropic Hi Z, > I have mutiple-series charts, but would like restric the drop lines only to > only one (ususlly the first) plotted data series. However, the drop line > option seems to apply to ALL data series and creates an unreadable mess. > > Is there a way...

How do I set number of pages in every group of folding in booklet?
This is the first time I use Microsoft Publisher to publish my book. I made a booklet which consist of around 48 pages. However, it printed the whole pages pear and pear. Page 1 with page 48, page 2 with page 47, page 3 with page 46 and so on. I want to arrange the number of pages in group of folding. For instance in every 16 pages, so that page 1 with page 16, page 2 with 15, page 3 with 14 and so on in one group, then page 17 with page 32, page 18 with 31, .... I want the whole 48 pages in one publishing document, so that I get 3 group of folding. Each consist of 4 sheet of paper. Ho...

printer and CD/DVD drive do not respond
I meant to cancel printing job but clicked on "delete printer"...Canon Pixma MX700, All-in-one. Nothing seems to get the printer working after following mfg instructions. The printer lights up, the fax rings when the phone rings but the cd/dvd driver does not work. Does anyone know what will get this printer up and running? Will I need to buy a new printer? Lori-Gee Lori-Gee wrote: > I meant to cancel printing job but clicked on "delete > printer"...Canon Pixma MX700, > All-in-one. Nothing seems to get the printer working after > followi...

restrict to export records to Excel and restrict to print
Hi, It is a major requirement for us to restrict some users to export Microsoft CRM records to Excel file and to restrict them to print as stated in our implementation policies. Is there a possible workaround for this restriction? Would greatly appreciate for your fedback. Lot of thanks in advance. In v1.2 there is no easy way to do this. v3.0 should enable this via security roles. In thoery, you could do something with javascript that conditionally removed the link, but not sure how reliable it would be as it would need to do a server-based call to determine the security. Matt Parks...

Filtering and Grouping Report data based on option group
I have a report with a bar chart. I want to be able to print a seperate report for each of three categories. The user will select the category they want to print using an option group. I have included a grouping level on the report to seperate the category graphs on each sheet. This works when I open the report directly (all records show), and i get three nice charts showing the data specific to each category on its own page. The issue is when I try to pass the category name using the option group on the other form. I get a blank page. I suspect this has to do with the grouping...

specifing colors in an excel chart
I am creating excel charts to show temperatures that I have measured inside various types of buildings. I would like the graphs to show temperatures below twenty degrees C in one color, twenty to twenty six in a different color and above twenty six in another color. Thanks in advance for any help. Keith. Hi, You can create conditional charts by using additional data series, one for each colour set. See these sites for further details. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx Cheers Andy keith wrote: > I am creating excel chart...

What is the best way to block incoming email from a specific domai
I am wanting to start blocking incoming email from specific domains, but am not sure of the best way to do this. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. Thanks, -- Midwest Muskie You can block mail from a smtp address/domain using Sender Filtering. If it's coming from a particular IP address/range, you can also use Connection Filtering/Global Deny list. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E1BAE53-B154-4CE6-8858-74749CB08047@microsoft.c...

Is there a limit in the number of columns that can be grouped?
Hi, I have a basic queastion, but I can't find any given limitations written anywhere. I have managed to group, in two levels, columns from "H" to column "DA". I have more material that I want to group, but the work sheet wont accept my request. What happens: I CAN make the group, but when i press the "+"-sign to group them, I can't. I get a pop-up saying something like: "objects cannot be moved outside work sheet". If a open other groups, I can close later groups, but as I write, not all groups. Who has the answer to this one? Thank yo...