required fields

Hello:

Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is
required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead?

I doubt it.  The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill
the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on.

Any other ideas?

I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity.

The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup
window.  I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01".

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

You are right, fields Required by  GP cannot be made optional. - Not even in
Dexterity.
As you have determined, you can set a default value using VBA and even hide
the field so that the user never sees it and data-entry is unaffected.
HS

"childothe1980s" <childothe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is
> required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional
> instead?
>
> I doubt it.  The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill
> the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity.
>
> The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup
> window.  I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01".
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s

0
HSalim (1270)

2003 PIvotTable Calculated Fields
Simple question...Can you use an If function in a PivotTables formulas (Calculated Field)? If so can you provide an example for syntax purposes. Thank you! If you want to get to the format cells dialog quickly, you can use: ctrl-1 But then you're still using the dialog... Kay wrote: > > Simple question...Can you use an If function in a PivotTables formulas > (Calculated Field)? If so can you provide an example for syntax purposes. > Thank you! -- Dave Peterson Hi Dave, I think you are responding to the wrong Kay...My question is about PivotTab...

DPM2010 RTM
I'm trying to setup SMTP without authentication however it always returns the error ID 2013 logon failure. 2007 worked fine, can 2010 send alert with anonymous SMTP? Can you check if you can send mail using some other tool(powershell has send mail equivalent command) from the DPM machine to send an email using the same account? -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en...

Help with Formula to organize information / date fields
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me with a problem. At work I work with a database of information ( the database is locked, so I can't just add a report for the info that I need..) What I have is a list of information - with names, roles, and years. What I would like to do is find an easy way to have the date information in multiple columns so we don't print off a new line for each person. Existing Data Col A Col B Col C Laura 2006 Job 1 Laura 2007 Job 1 Bob 2006...

On Open event to clear all form fields or not..
I have the following code in my OnOpen event of my word document form. As long as you answer "Yes" to the msg box the code works fine, but if you say no, then it exposes rows in my form that contain VBA buttons and radio buttons. Can anyone help me out with how to fix this? Thanks so much.... Here is the code: Dim myFormField As FormField Dim aDoc As Document Dim response Dim msg As String Set aDoc = ActiveDocument msg = "Do you want to clear all FormField results?" response = MsgBox(msg, vbYesNo) If response = vbYes Then For Each myFormField I...

BP-System Requirements
Does anyone know where I can find more detail information on Web Server requirements for Business Portal? I'm looking for more detail on user access. We are talking about 400 users accessing it. What's the best approach? How many users per web server? Any help out there ... thanks Yes, there was a session at Convergence on this topic. If you have access to the Convergence site, go to https://www.msconvergence.com/downloads.aspx and scroll down to GP09 Planning for your Business Portal Implementation and Deployment. There is a zip file with a TON of good information. &quo...

Purchase order Required
I would like to see a checkbox option in the customer screen Purchase Order number Required. Currently, there is nothing in SOP forcing you to enter data into the PO field. This in turn causes payment delays when a PO # is left off an order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&q...

Calculating field
How can I calculating value in a fields no1 and value1? Initial, no1 and value1 is null. name no value_in atr no1 value1 --------------------------------------------------- n1 4 20 in 4 20 n1 3 120 in 7 140 (7=4+3 and 140=120+20) n1 2 out 5 100 (5=7-2 and 100=140-2*(140/7) n1 2 30 in 7 130 (7=5+2 and 130=100+30) Do you have some sequential field to sort by?...

Smartlist Restriction
I am using the Restrictions button in the SmartList Builder window to add a restriction. I had no trouble adding restrictions based on checkbox fields and string fields. However, when the field is a drop-down, the 'Value' field on the Add Restriction window becomes a drop-down filed itself. Unfortunately, rather than being filled with the available values for the chosen field, the Value field is a blank drop-down. It is also uneditable. Is it possible to add restrictions in this manner on drop-down fields? Craig, What are you trying to build? Any examples you can provide? B...

Validate 2 Fields
I found a couple similar examples but have given up trying to get them to work. The 1st 2 fields on a form (Date1 and Location) need to be validated to ensure that the data is not already in the database. If the information for a date and location are already in the table (dbo_uRMData) when one moves off the location field, I want a message to be displayed that the data is already entered in the dbo_uRMData table, the form cleared, and the Date1 code to have focus. Your help, AS ALWAYS, is so much appreciated. Jani -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP Use the Before Update event of t...

reading and displaying memo fields
I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After reading 18 fields he's out of memory. Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user choose a specific item in the database? Thank you for helping me! ...

Cell format requires manual edit
I have a problem with changing the format of a pure number in a cell formatted as a text. After the type is changed to a number (actually it's changed to special - 000000), the cell refuses to change until after the cell is edited (with or without changes) and the ENTER key is pressed. Is there an easy way around this? A similar thing happens with a cell has a special enter character. Editing the cell and pressing enter changes the cell format to word wrap and to recognize the special character, though the character is not usually desired. I know how to delete the special characters wi...

C#.Net developer required by direct client in Manchester
C#.Net developer required by direct client in Manchester - NH Duration: FTE/Direct Hire or Contract to Hire/Temp to Perm Location: Manchester, NH *** IN_PERSON interview required***** * design and develop robust, high level web applications using C#, ASP.Net and SQL Server. * Ability to handle UI, middleware and backend application development and de-bugging of applicaitons * quality control of application developed * responsible for coordination of application development with on-site and off-site development team * Business Liaison with vendors and stake holders Required Skills: C#, ASP....

PO Remarks field problem
Does anyone know why I can only insert about 30 characters in the Remarks field on the purchase order? Can I change that to be unlimited? I was planning to move down the Remarks field to the bottom of the page right above the Authorize By Signature and give it about 5 lines of space to fill in a remark. Regards, -- Microsoft Partner ...

urgent requirement for project leader/apm required
hi, we are having urgent requirement for one of our client cmmi level5 company in hyd and chennai. if u r intrested send me ur updated resume gangadhar.sadhu@optionsindia.com Skill Microsoft Technologies Job Description Project Leader / APM required: Minimum 6 years experience out of which 2/3 years as PL / APM Education MCA / BE / Computer Science Graduates Technology - Microsoft VB / ASP .Net exposure - RDBMS - Oracle / SQL Server Experience in development & implementation in following Domains: Financial Costing Purchase & Inventory Sales Automation Payroll HR ...

Exporting fields in CRM 4.0 Knowledgebase
I'm attempting to export some of the fields in the CRM 4.0 knowledgebase, and most of them are easy enough to do, as they are non-joined fields. However, the "Body" of the KB I'm a little unsure about. I see int he SQL table/view, there is an "articlexml" field and a "content" field. I'm unsure on how to hand the export of these two fields, or if I can disregard one of the fields. Does anyone have any ideas for handling this type of content? -- Sketchy ...

show continous fields
I would like a control (or subform) on a form to behave similar to a report field set to "can grow" and "can shrink". I want to view several records continously, not broken up like the continuous forms requires, but more like a report that shows the data continuously. I tried putting report on a form like a subform, but MS Access doesn't go for that. Is there any way to accomplish this? In this setting the data is for viewing only. -- sam Yo can use the form record source to remove the records that you don't want to display, if Null or Empty? Why do you need...

Secondary lookup field in CRM 4.0
Hello all. I have a question regarding secondary lookup field within the form of the Opportunity entity on CRM 4.0 (upgraded from 3.0). To be able to display a secondary lookup (pointed to contacts), I have used a JScript (as well as two new attributes) on the form's onLoad event (pasted below). It worked fine on CRM 3.0 but after the upgrade to 4.0, the form doesn't report any JScript error but no lookup field is displayed - only the lookup icon is there and it doesn't respond to clicking. I haven't been able to find what parts of the JScript should be changed in order...

bandwidth requirements
I have been told there are minimum bandwidth requirements for some applications. Can anyone tell me if this is true and what the minimum bandwidth requirements would be for Microsoft Exchange? That depends on your organization size: how many users, how many servers, messaging habits, etc. For a branch office with 30 users and a centralized Exchange server, 64 Kb may be sufficient... Or not! -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo "Terri" <nospam.ttremblay@dca-falcon.com> wrote in message news:10v2blrpetc6j9f@corp.supernews.com... &...

Required text
Is there a way in Word 2007 to have some text imbedded that cannot be removed by a user? Have a paragraph that requires the user to choose between text a and text b with the ability to remove text not chosen but not both. Is this possible? ...

default FROM field #2
want From feild to contain address as default when replying to emails.how can this be done? ...

Mailmerge
Hello, when we do a mailmerge from CRM 3.0 to Word, unfortunately only certain fields are being "transferred" to Word (I know that used-defined fields will never be copied, but we also have several other "standard" fields which we would like to have in Word but we don't). Thus I have two questions: a.) How can I tell a given field to be included in the transfer-process in a mailmerge? b.) Is there anything like a list of fields which are included in a mailmerge by standard? Thanks so much for any help! Tobias. Hello, There is no way in the standard mail merg...

Add Next Number Based on Two fields
tblCostCodes Area Last 3 of Cost Code 12 900 12 901 13 900 13 901 14 900 15 900 Here is what I need - when I select Area 12 in combo box on my form, I want the last 3 to automatically select the next sequential number 902. There will be multiple 902's in the column, but only one per Area. In a query, I concatenate Area&"-"&Last 3 of Cost Code and get 12-902. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200802/1 In the AfterUpdate event procedure of the combo, this i...

How to add fields in a blank report
Suppose open a new report in design view. How can we add fields from a saved query or a table. I have tried to use text boxes but it gives errors.. stud91, If I understand your question correctly... and, since this appears to be a very basic question... taking a local Access course, or purchasing an Access "how-to" book (geared to Access beginners) .... should be helpful. Put your table, or query, in the Record Source property for the report. After doing that, in report Design view, select View/FieldList from the main menu. The Field List should now di...

No fields in my subform.
Hi All, I have three tables. 1.Model_tbl *) Product Name = Text ( PK ) 2.Spec_tbl *) Product Name = Text ( PK ) *) Power limit = Number *) Ampere limit = Number *)Airflow limit = Number *)Date registered = Date/Time *)Registrant = Text 3.Inspection Result_tbl *)Product Name = Text *)Production date code = Text *)Inspection date = Date/Time *)Inspector Name *)Power value = Number *)Ampere value = Number *)Airflow value = Number I want to create form. ..1.Inspection. But how to design a good relationship from these 3 tables.? I 'm g...

Changing Properties of Fields in Table
Below is part of a code that somebody had given me to change the property of a field (in this case to make the field a required field). fld1.properties("Required") = True What do I need to do if I want to modify this line of code to do the following: a) Change a field to have a DATATYPE of Number b) FIELD SIZE should be DOUBLE Any help will be appreciated. Toks You cannot change data types in that way. Your choices are: 1) Create a new field of the correct type, run an Update query to transfer the data from the old field to the new field, delete the old field then rename ...