Reports: Excel?

Can great plains generate reports in Excel file format?  Or do you have
to save it as a CSV or Txt (Tab) file first and then open it in Excel?

0
webberland (61)

Generally if you are using the report writer in Great Plains you have to use
CSV or Txt as you suggest.  Look at Smartlist to see if you can get the same
information there.

"spraycan77" wrote
> Can great plains generate reports in Excel file format?  Or do you have
> to save it as a CSV or Txt (Tab) file first and then open it in Excel?

0
SteveChapman (349)
1/27/2006 6:47:26 PM
If you look at what they are doing around the product, you might get the idea
that adding export functionality to the report writer module is not high on
the list

Analysis Cubes
SmartList
Business Portal queries
SQL Reporting Services

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Steve Chapman" wrote:

> Generally if you are using the report writer in Great Plains you have to use
> CSV or Txt as you suggest.  Look at Smartlist to see if you can get the same
> information there.
>
> "spraycan77" wrote
> > Can great plains generate reports in Excel file format?  Or do you have
> > to save it as a CSV or Txt (Tab) file first and then open it in Excel?

0
callen (2505)
1/30/2006 4:32:28 AM
Would sure like the ability to export a Historical Aged Trial Balance
directly to Excel.  Going through .csv or .txt is tedious and archaic.

--
Christopher L. Mast, MBA
Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> If you look at what they are doing around the product, you might get the idea
> that adding export functionality to the report writer module is not high on
> the list
>
> Analysis Cubes
> SmartList
> Business Portal queries
> SQL Reporting Services
>
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Steve Chapman" wrote:
>
> > Generally if you are using the report writer in Great Plains you have to use
> > CSV or Txt as you suggest.  Look at Smartlist to see if you can get the same
> > information there.
> >
> > "spraycan77" wrote
> > > Can great plains generate reports in Excel file format?  Or do you have
> > > to save it as a CSV or Txt (Tab) file first and then open it in Excel?

0
ChrisMast (12)
3/14/2006 4:51:25 PM
We use Xcellerator from DPPI for that.  Works pretty well.
http://www.datapresentation.com
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Chris Mast" wrote:

> Would sure like the ability to export a Historical Aged Trial Balance
> directly to Excel.  Going through .csv or .txt is tedious and archaic.
>

> --
> Christopher L. Mast, MBA
> Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C.
> 5136 Cascade Rd., S.E., Ste. 2A
> Grand Rapids, MI  49546-3728
> phone 616.575.3482
> fax 616.575.3481
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > If you look at what they are doing around the product, you might get the idea
> > that adding export functionality to the report writer module is not high on
> > the list
> >
> > Analysis Cubes
> > SmartList
> > Business Portal queries
> > SQL Reporting Services
> >
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Steve Chapman" wrote:
> >
> > > Generally if you are using the report writer in Great Plains you have to use
> > > CSV or Txt as you suggest.  Look at Smartlist to see if you can get the same
> > > information there.
> > >
> > > "spraycan77" wrote

0
jim.harris (398)
3/29/2006 12:14:02 AM
How do you this product? Did you have to create the historical ageing report
from the beginning? You can email me screenshots on how you use this at
jacktundra@hotmail.com

"Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
> We use Xcellerator from DPPI for that.  Works pretty well.
> http://www.datapresentation.com
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
>

> "Chris Mast" wrote:
>
>> Would sure like the ability to export a Historical Aged Trial Balance
>> directly to Excel.  Going through .csv or .txt is tedious and archaic.
>>

>> --
>> Christopher L. Mast, MBA
>> Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C.
>> 5136 Cascade Rd., S.E., Ste. 2A
>> Grand Rapids, MI  49546-3728
>> phone 616.575.3482
>> fax 616.575.3481
>>

>> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>>
>> > If you look at what they are doing around the product, you might get
>> > the idea
>> > that adding export functionality to the report writer module is not
>> > high on
>> > the list
>> >
>> > Analysis Cubes
>> > SmartList
>> > Business Portal queries
>> > SQL Reporting Services
>> >
>> > --
>> > Charles Allen, MVP

0
jacktundra (359)
3/29/2006 12:30:56 AM
You should expect a lot of SQL Reporting Services reports to be made
available for version 10.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> How do you this product? Did you have to create the historical ageing report
> from the beginning? You can email me screenshots on how you use this at
> jacktundra@hotmail.com
>

> "Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
> > We use Xcellerator from DPPI for that.  Works pretty well.
> > http://www.datapresentation.com
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef
> >

> > "Chris Mast" wrote:
> >
> >> Would sure like the ability to export a Historical Aged Trial Balance
> >> directly to Excel.  Going through .csv or .txt is tedious and archaic.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Christopher L. Mast, MBA
> >> Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C.
> >> 5136 Cascade Rd., S.E., Ste. 2A
> >> Grand Rapids, MI  49546-3728
> >> phone 616.575.3482
> >> fax 616.575.3481

0
callen (2505)
3/29/2006 4:14:01 AM
Charles,

Was a release date for version 10 announced yet?

Thanks,

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

0
victoria (3340)
4/3/2006 3:12:27 PM
February 14, 2007 -- It's so romantic.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Was a release date for version 10 announced yet?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> > You should expect a lot of SQL Reporting Services reports to be made
> > available for version 10.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Jack Tundra" wrote:
> >
> >> How do you this product? Did you have to create the historical ageing
> >> report
> >> from the beginning? You can email me screenshots on how you use this at
> >> jacktundra@hotmail.com
> >>

> >> "Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message

0
callen (2505)
4/4/2006 2:23:01 AM
:-)  thanks!!

--

> February 14, 2007 -- It's so romantic.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Charles,
>>
>> Was a release date for version 10 announced yet?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> GP MVP
>>

>> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
>> > You should expect a lot of SQL Reporting Services reports to be made
>> > available for version 10.
>> > --
>> > Charles Allen, MVP

0
victoria (3340)
4/4/2006 8:46:43 AM
one thing you could look at is Print2Excel... www.print2excel.com  I think
that its functionality is what you are looking for.

"spraycan77" wrote:

> Can great plains generate reports in Excel file format?  Or do you have
> to save it as a CSV or Txt (Tab) file first and then open it in Excel?

0
JSteve (2)

Need more Reports

Excel Object Hyperlinking Failure Issue
Working with Excel 2003, I have a customer who can place a hyperlink onto a cell value, and be able to follow the hyperlink. However, when they attach a hyperlink to an object (Autoshape etc) the hyperlink hangs, and fails showing a never end hour glass. Any suggestions? Is this a property setting somewhere? ...

Help in macro in excel.
Hi all. I want to write a macro in an excel sheet wherein I want to copy a few cells from my source worksheet and paste their hyperlink to another worksheet. Also, the destination worksheet's cell number where this is pasted is not fixed. How do I accomplish this? Please help urgently. Thanks. SPG, Running the macro recorder whilst inserting a hyperlink yields this code: ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Selection, Address:="", SubAddress:= _ "Sheet1!A1", TextToDisplay:="""go to hell""" Now just substitute the relevant stuff into e...

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart types"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have installed Excel 2007, and I can't create any chart, the message=20 "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a = different chart types" keeps poping up, are there any settings that i have miss out? thank you regards kh ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

Excel Graphing Question
Hi, I was wondering if Excel had a way to accentuate intersecting points in a graph. I have a graph with several plots (horizontal) and some more corresponding plots (vertical). Each of these plots intersect and I was wondering if there was a way to dim out (make transparent) the non-intersecting points to accentuate the intersecting ones. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help, Andrew Andrew - This may get you started: Click once on a point to select the entire data series. Wait a second or two. Click on an individual point to select just that point. Format ... For more de...

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

How to get different windows for Excel spreadsheets
This is hard to explain ... when I first got this computer (Windows 2000, Office/Excel 2000) it came with this setting: If I had two spreadsheet files open at one time, there were two different Excel logos in the Taskbar. For a couple of reasons I didn't like it. It took me a long time how to figure how to get rid of it, and I finally did. Now I want it back. The reason is, I have two monitors and want to be able to make each spreadsheet full size in each monitor. It works fine in Word, but I can't remember how I switched it back on there. Thanks. -- Steve M - unspam@houston.r...

Reports are not being shown MM07

email merge with excel spreadsheet
I wanted to conduct a little test and I did this: I created an Excel spreadsheet that consisted of four names, first and last separated by a comma and an email address for each name. I saved it and then tried to use it for an email merge. It was only sent to the first name on the list. Why? Don't know why. I did the same experiment and it worked for me. How are you setting up your page? You can only have one merge document on your screen, for example, a label. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Elizabet...

solving equations using Excel
Hi! I want to use Excel to solve an equation. How to do this and with which tools? Below is my equation. y = 0,75y + 0,4x x = 0,25y + 0,6x 1 = y + x I need the value of y and x. Please help me out. Tnx. -- arnold_charming ------------------------------------------------------------------------ arnold_charming's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29350 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491464 "arnold_charming" <arnold_charming.1zod5n_1133967301.3924@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:...

Saving Reports

Excel XP Pivot Table
How do I convert Excel XP Pivot Table in Excel 2000 What problems are you having with the pivot table in Excel 2000? If it's too big, open it in Excel 2002, move some of the fields into the page area, then try to open in Excel 2000. bsantona wrote: > How do I convert Excel XP Pivot Table in Excel 2000 -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Printing in excel #6
I am working on a bid sheet in excel. The problem I am having is there are parts of the sheet I may or may not want to print. If one section requires, say 4 each of three items, I will want to print that, but if another sections requires no items in the selection list, I don't want to print that. This may happen 5 times a day, I don't want to set teh print area each time. Some of these options are side by side and not above or below each other on the spread sheet. I was looking for something that says, "if = 0", do not print. Thanks One way would be to create for ...

Charting a normal distribution within excel..
Hi - I have calculated some normal distriubtions results for a number of numbers in a sample.. (Using the normdist function).. How do I then go about charting this distribution?? or is there another way of charting a distribution without using the normdist function.. Any help received would be much appreciate Rgd Mark.. Brentford Legend Mark - > I have calculated some normal distriubtions results for a number of numbers in a sample.. (Using the normdist function).. How do I then go about charting this distribution?? < To plot the "theoretical" distribution, enter a colum...

excel #34
how can I create a formula that will let me determine who will be a winner in a elections. I already have the each individual votes and total votes, but I need a formula to input the winner Starting in A1, I have Dora 12 Jack 15 Emma 10 The name of the winner is picked out by =INDEX(A1:A3,MATCH(MAX(B1:B3),B1:B3)) What do you want to happen if there is a draw for maximum? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Shone33" <Shone33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA8BE9EB...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent