Reports and Forms Customizations After Migration to GP8

Hi

i have migrated my Test Server to GP 8 and i Exported the Modified Reports
and Forms and imported them again to the Test Server, the screen Labels are
updated to the new lables but the fields formats didnt update for example the
phone field format returned to the original.

how can i solve this issue?

regards
Nader

Formats are not transferred using packages.  You will either need to keep
your original forms and reports dictionaries and upgrade them, or remake the
format changes.

I would suggest recording the format changes using a macro, so they can
easily be re-run if required.

Remember to change the format in both the Modifier and Report Writer if you
want the change to appear on both windows and reports.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Nader Yousef" wrote:

> Hi
>
> i have migrated my Test Server to GP 8 and i Exported the Modified Reports
> and Forms and imported them again to the Test Server, the screen Labels are
> updated to the new lables but the fields formats didnt update for example the
> phone field format returned to the original.
>
> how can i solve this issue?
>
> regards
> Nader
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
4/27/2005 5:28:02 AM
Hi

thanks for your clarification, i tried the upgrade the original ones but it
always gives me X mark as unsuccessful upgrade can guide me for a way to
upgrade them properly or if there are certain steps i have to take.

regards
Nader

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Formats are not transferred using packages.  You will either need to keep
> your original forms and reports dictionaries and upgrade them, or remake the
> format changes.
>
> I would suggest recording the format changes using a macro, so they can
> easily be re-run if required.
>
> Remember to change the format in both the Modifier and Report Writer if you
> want the change to appear on both windows and reports.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>
> "Nader Yousef" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > i have migrated my Test Server to GP 8 and i Exported the Modified Reports
> > and Forms and imported them again to the Test Server, the screen Labels are
> > updated to the new lables but the fields formats didnt update for example the
> > phone field format returned to the original.
> >
> > how can i solve this issue?
> >
> > regards
> > Nader

Printing reprot from a form for the record viewed
I would like to print a report (sort of an invoice) from a form where i am entering the final data for the invoice. but the report is generated for the entire table. for time being i am printing the form. but the actual report must have a different format and some more additional informations. So i want help to print the report only for the record viewed in the form and that i should be able to give the print commond from the form itself through the command button.thanks Try this link on "How To Print A Single Record from a Microsoft Access Form into a Report"http://www.databasedev.c...

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

Custom functions-Reg
Hi, I want to create a Custom function, and want it to appear on the lis when I use " Insert function". I use a lot of conversion from Foot, Inches etc to mm. km etc in m calculation. I have to keep looking for the conversion factors. So I want to creat functions, for example to convert inches to millimeters and call i "frinchtomm" and this function should appear when I use "Inser fucntion". How do I do this? Thanks and regards, Raj -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Raja, Take a look at the "Convert" function.... =CONVERT(4,&quo...

eXtender SOP Reports

Reports are not being shown MM07

Creating a QM form that calculates scores?
Is it possible to create a form that has yes/no option controls that calculate scores for whichever one the person chooses and then adds each score for a total score. ...

Saving Reports

>>>Customer Live Chat Moved to May 10th: What's new in RMS 2.0<<<
Whats New in Microsot Dynamics RMS 2.0 - Customer Chat - Has moved to May 10th Have questions about the new RMS 2.0 release? Talk to RMS feature experts and designers about the new and exciting features available in the latest Microsoft Dynamics RMS release. Sign-up now http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

IMS Migration
Getting ready to decommission one of my 5.5 servers, MAIL1, which has an Internet Mail Service The SMTP address spaceon MAIL1 is * with a cost of 1--the same address space/cost as two other 5.5 servers MAIL2 and MAIL3. We have a hub and spoke topology. This is the Hub site. Have observed the following: The Site Addressing/Routing tab for the Hub site shows SMTP address space * divided equally between the three IMSes, cost of 1. The Site Addressing/Routing tab for each connected site shows SMTP address space * using MAIL1 as the ONLY entry, cost of 2. Despite what's in their Routing ...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Continuous Form & Combo box question
I have a continuous form which displays timesheet records. employee,date,time,jobnumber,workcode,notes. employee and workcode are both ID fields which link to other tables to get their text equivalent. These ID fields I display as limit to list combo boxes, the other fields are text boxes. The employee combo box works perfectly ok. But the workcode combo box is giving me grief. What should happen: When the timesheet opens the workcode combo should display the description for the code associated with the underlying ID field. However a workcode has an associated link with the jo...

Modified Case Form Does Not Display
It wasn't very difficult to add new objects to the schema and to create a new tab with new fields on the Case form. However, I've not been able to see the new tab and fields when I bring up either a new or view form. Is there a trick to making this work? Thanks, Phil. Thanks to Alex Polkhovsky who previously answered this question on 8/21, better to search before posting. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >It wasn't very difficult to add new objects to the schema >and to create a new tab with new fields on the Case >form. However, I've not been able t...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Print W2's and 1099's on regular paper or pre-printed forms?
Just to verify, can year end W2's and 1099's be printed on plain paper? Or do you need to buy preprinted forms? Thanks in advance, Russ Worth You need to buy preprinted forms. GP fills in the fields on the form. It doesn't print the forms themselves. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics Thanks, Frank. Any suggestions on where to buy the forms? Thanks, Russ "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote: > You need to buy preprinted forms. GP fills in the fields on the > form. It doesn't print the forms themselves. > > Frank Hamelly > MCP-GP, MC...