Report Yields no data in FRx

We use GP 7.5 Standard MSDE and FRx 6.5.246. Upgrading is not an
option right now.

We created a historical company so that we could purge data from
production in order to stay under that old 2 GB limit.

When I set up the Historical company in FRx and try to print a
balance sheet or P&L from the period that we purged in production,
the reports yield no data. However I can print a trial balance in GP
so I know the data is there. Also, FRx reports print OK for the
current periods in the Historical company.

I have:
refreshed the SBI scripts
deleted the .g32 files from sysdata
reconciled GL
Ran checklinks on account master
Compacted the system and spec set databases

I'm looking for next steps.

Thanks!!!

0
Lou (56)

Is the company ID in FRX set to the new Historical company and not still the
original one?

"Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We use GP 7.5 Standard MSDE and FRx 6.5.246. Upgrading is not an
> option right now.
>
> We created a historical company so that we could purge data from
> production in order to stay under that old 2 GB limit.
>
> When I set up the Historical company in FRx and try to print a
> balance sheet or P&L from the period that we purged in production,
> the reports yield no data. However I can print a trial balance in GP
> so I know the data is there. Also, FRx reports print OK for the
> current periods in the Historical company.
>
> I have:
> refreshed the SBI scripts
> deleted the .g32 files from sysdata
> reconciled GL
> Ran checklinks on account master
> Compacted the system and spec set databases
>
> I'm looking for next steps.
>
> Thanks!!!

Yes, the default company that I logged into is the historical company.

"Michael Bloom" wrote:

> Is the company ID in FRX set to the new Historical company and not still the
> original one?
>
> "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We use GP 7.5 Standard MSDE and FRx 6.5.246. Upgrading is not an
> > option right now.
> >
> > We created a historical company so that we could purge data from
> > production in order to stay under that old 2 GB limit.
> >
> > When I set up the Historical company in FRx and try to print a
> > balance sheet or P&L from the period that we purged in production,
> > the reports yield no data. However I can print a trial balance in GP
> > so I know the data is there. Also, FRx reports print OK for the
> > current periods in the Historical company.
> >
> > I have:
> > refreshed the SBI scripts
> > deleted the .g32 files from sysdata
> > reconciled GL
> > Ran checklinks on account master
> > Compacted the system and spec set databases
> >
> > I'm looking for next steps.
> >
> > Thanks!!!

0
Lou (56)

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Data Validation #11
Is it possible to have a data validation list to control the out come of another column? For example: Columns A B 1 1 name1 2 2 name2 3 3 name3 4 4 name4 5 5 name5 6 6 name6 with the above example, what I am asking is it possible to select the number in column A and have it automatically place in column B the name that belongs to that number? I hope this is clear. Thank You, Chris -- zero635 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ zero635's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

FRx Forecaster database requirements
The tech docs for requirements show sql 2000 and sql 7.0 but no mention of sql 2005. Will FRx Forecaster function in a sql 2005 environment? Thanks MES, Go through this link that specifies the system requirements for Forecaster. SQL 2005 is supported. http://www.microsoft.com/forecaster/product/systemrequirements.mspx -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "MES" wrote: > The tech docs for requirements show sql 2000 and sql 7.0 but no mention of > sql 2005. Will FRx Forecaster function in a sql 2005 environment? Thanks Thank you. My client ...

Plugging data from non-open Workbooks
Hello, I have a number of databases stored on Excel Workbooks and I want to create another workbook to get information from those databases. I will make reference to a number of the databases with the following: COUNTIF("worksheet name followed by filename", "=blablabla") but I don't want to open them as they are like each 5Mb in size and I have to refer like 10 of them on a worksheet. I've tried opening one of the database and then reference it by point-and-clicking and then closing it. The formula works fine when the file is open. When it's closed and I tr...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Help with getting data from a worksheet
Hi, I have 2 excel sheets username sheet --------------- it contains just usernames in one column main sheet ----------- i want to chose from a listbox, combobox, or whatever one or mor usernames from the username sheet. How can i do that?? another question: I want to be sure that every username has one instance only can you help be? BogN -- Bog ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BogN's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3497 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54717 BogN w...

small business reports ...

how to split data into columns and arrange the resulting data
I have data in cells A2, A3 and A4 as below: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 1, 2, 3, 4 2, 3, 4 I want to split into columns (which I did using Data > Text to Columns option). But I also want the data to "automatically" fall under appropriate heading (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) which are in respecive cells A1:H1. Thank you in advance How about an alternative: With your data in A2:Axx, put this formula in B2: =","&SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","")&"," Then B2 will look like: ,1,2,4,5,7,8, Then put this in C2 and drag across as far as you need. =IF...

data conversion from Mastertools to GP
Is there a tool to convert data from Mastertools accounting systems to GP? If not, any idea how data could be converted? What levels of detail can be converted, account summary, transactions, transaction detail???? -- accountant My method for converting tables (I have been doing this for almost 40 years now) is to export the source data to a text file (like an Excel CSV table) and use the Integration Manger to load GP. You can easily load master files (customers, vendors, inventory items, et cetera) and most transactions. Typically open receivables and payables are imported as well...

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...