Report Writer - User-defined Function

Hi all,

any ideas where to get the list of syntax of all user-defined functions?
I'm trying to use RW_Getnote Text and it is so difficult to get the
information on how to use it. The help doesn't even mention what parameters
are required.

Help help!

TIA,
Sugih
0
Sugih (78)

Report Writer functions are Dexterity functions starting with RW which have
been created by the developer to perform a function not normally available
from the Report Writer.  They can be added to reports using a Calculated
Field as a User Defined function.

Starting a with verion 7.0 of Great Plains a suite of Report Writer
functions was added. These functions are documented in the Report Writer
Programmer's Interface in the Software Developers Kit (SDK).  The SDK can be
installed from the Tools folder of CD 2 of the Microsoft Dynamics GP install
CDs.

Once the SDK is installed, navigate to

Release 8.00: Great Plains >> Procedures and Functions >> The Foundation
Series >> System Manager

Release 9.00: Microsoft Dynamics GP SDK >> Procedures and functions >> The
Foundation Series >> Report Writer

This document contains the details of many Report Writer functions added
specifically to assist with Report customisation. For Report Writer functions
not contained in this document you can also obtain their parameter lists from
the SDK.

Navigate to

Release 8.00: Great Plains >> Parameters >> Great Plains 8.0 Parameters,
then right click and select View Source

Release 9.00: Microsoft Dynamics GP SDK >> Parameters for Microsoft Dynamics
GP >> Parameters for Release 9.0 >> Main Dictionary Parameters

Once you have the Parameter List open in Notepad, click Edit, click Find and
type in the name of the function you wish to search for and click Find Next.

The function returns line shows what information is returned and what the
data type is.  The in parameters show what information must be passed in from
the Report Writer.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

Micorosoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Sugih" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> any ideas where to get the list of syntax of all user-defined functions?
> I'm trying to use RW_Getnote Text and it is so difficult to get the
> information on how to use it. The help doesn't even mention what parameters
> are required.
>
> Help help!
>
> TIA,
> Sugih
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Custom functions-Reg
Hi, I want to create a Custom function, and want it to appear on the lis when I use " Insert function". I use a lot of conversion from Foot, Inches etc to mm. km etc in m calculation. I have to keep looking for the conversion factors. So I want to creat functions, for example to convert inches to millimeters and call i "frinchtomm" and this function should appear when I use "Inser fucntion". How do I do this? Thanks and regards, Raj -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Raja, Take a look at the "Convert" function.... =CONVERT(4,&quo...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...

Reporting Services has no reports
I cannot see any reports in CRM. We're running SBS 2003 Premium R2 with CRM 3.0 running on this server. The SQL databases and reporting services are installed on a separate 2005 SQL cluster. I've checked that reporting services is running on the cluster. http://<sqlcluster>/reports brings up the SQL Reporting Services and a folder entitled "CompanyName MSCRM" which is empty. How do I determine the physical location of this folder? I've checked in deployment manager on the SBS and CRM Reporting Services is pointing to "http://sqlcluster/reportserver". Is...

Displaying Filter Criteria In Report Header?
I have one report layout "rptStandard" that when it is opened I would like to display the filter criteria in the header. Is there a way to do this? You can put this into the ControlSource of a text box: =[Report].[Filter] Trouble is, sometimes the Filter property contains an artifact from a previous filter, even though the filter is not applied. On a form you could sort this out by testing the FilterOn property, but Access doesn't maintain this property reliably for reports. A better solution is to pass the filter to the report in its OpenArgs (or use a public string...

reports smart list
Smartlist employee payroll report shows a column for citizen: answered "yes or no". All of my Employees have no under their name. When I enter a new employee, I don't find anywhere where it asks about citizenship. Would this information be found in set-up or w-2 records? This information is from teh Human resources module and can be found by going to: Cards >> Payroll >> Employee >> Human Resources button -or- Cards >> Human Resources >> Employee >> Employee >> Human Resources button Fliehigh "Pamela" wrote: > Smar...

Make a report to count how many records with the Report Wizard
I pass few hours triyng to figure it out how to make a simple report with the Report wizard in the CRM online. Here is the need. I have a field in Lead call Market. I like to know how many lead I've got by Market. That is it. I've try grouping and count on grouping. I can't have a summary. All the line come in my report. My DB contain more than 10 000 records. So I'cant make an Excel report. Do you have any idea how to make it? Please not that we are on CRM Online Thanks On Feb 3, 11:07=A0am, wesmike <wesm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I pass few hour...

Sales Targets Reports
I filled in the CRM Targets. How do i make a report to check the target against the pipeline? ...

Report Writer #13
I am trying to modify a report writer on GP9. I was trying to change some fields on the invoice report....basically the fields are showing the ID's instead of the descriptions. For example, the salesperson's id is displayed on the report instead of his/her name. Do you know a quick way to include the name on the report? Thanks,. Try linking the master file with your report and then drag the name/description field into the place where the ID is now. The description field is going to be longer than the ID field so you may need to adjust the layout to prevent truncation. Whi...