Report Writer Question #4

I had modifed the existing  Transaction Inquiry Report by Vendor to include
Totals.
The out of the box report does not have grand total if you print it.

The AP persons uses this report as opposed to the AP aging due to their
preference of format and ease of running the report.

The issue has come about where one of the transaction listed is a Void
transaction and although the inquiry window is correctly listing it  - but
since I modified the report to give me a grand total of all transactions - by
including the void in the grand total we are doubling this transaction.

Therefore, I need to modify the report one of the 2 ways:
1/ Filter the report so it excludes Void transactions
2/ Modify the report where the void is excluded from the grand total

I am not familiar as to  how to do either of these in the report writer.

Thanks

0
nfp (120)

------=_NextPart_0001_810FC601

Hi there

A few ideas to try

1) use a restriction on the Report Definition window so that only non voided transaction are included on the report.  Then the report
and totals will exlude voided transactions.

or

2) let Voided transactions into the report, but stop them being displayed or included in the totals.

You can use an integer  conditional calulated field which is 0 for void else 1,  Then you suppress the section based on the
calculated field.

To adjust your total create a currency conditional calculated which returns 0.00 when the field above is 0 else the document
amount.

Then total this calculated field to get a total excluding Voided.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_810FC601

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par A few ideas to try
\par
\par 1) use a restriction on the Report Definition window so that only non voided transaction are included on the report.  Then the report and totals will exlude voided transactions.
\par
\par or
\par
\par 2) let Voided transactions into the report, but stop them being displayed or included in the totals.
\par
\par You can use an integer  conditional calulated field which is 0 for void else 1,  Then you suppress the section based on the calculated field.
\par
\par To adjust your total create a currency conditional calculated which returns 0.00 when the field above is 0 else the document amount.
\par
\par Then total this calculated field to get a total excluding Voided.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_810FC601--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
2/16/2009 8:04:27 AM
Thanks David.

I have one more question relating to Report Writer. I went through your
website, however, I was unable to find the answer.

On my Payroll paycheck/stub - I have about 10 paycodes: 2 of the paycodes
are of importance to me:
1/ CompE  (Comp time earned)
2/ CompU (Comp time used)

Both of these are entered during time card entry. Employees do not accrue
comp time.
 For example, if an employee worked 8 hours of OT - and if they are exempt
they will input CompE as 8 hours on the paycheck (BUT with NO $ amount)

When they use comp time - usually in lieu of time off - the employee gets
paid the hours times the hourly rate.

I would like to print on the pay stub - what is their balance.

After reviewing your website - I was able to create a SQL view from table
upr30300 that has 2 colums:
Employeid and CompBalance (this is CompEarned less CompUsed). Of course this
is the balance as of the last PAYCHECK.

Using VBA I am able to extract the value of CompBalance - However I need to
add the current payperiod Comp Earned and Current Payperiod Comp Used.

I am having trouble extracting the hours into a calculated field for the
current period Comp Earned and Current Period Comp User.

Any input here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi there
>
> A few ideas to try
>
> 1) use a restriction on the Report Definition window so that only non voided transaction are included on the report.  Then the report
> and totals will exlude voided transactions.
>
> or
>
> 2) let Voided transactions into the report, but stop them being displayed or included in the totals.
>
> You can use an integer  conditional calulated field which is 0 for void else 1,  Then you suppress the section based on the
> calculated field.
>
> To adjust your total create a currency conditional calculated which returns 0.00 when the field above is 0 else the document
> amount.
>
> Then total this calculated field to get a total excluding Voided.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
nfp (120)
2/17/2009 12:16:02 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_1BBE2EFF

Hi there

Glad you are finding the blog articles useful, please add ratings and comments to the articles that help.

As we don't use Payroll in the Asia Pacific region, my knowledge of the payroll module in GP is almost non-existent.

If you can create a conditional calculated field which will return the value you are looking for when the conditions are met else return
zero, then you can total this at the end to obtain the total of the values meeting your conditions.

I am wondering if you can use this concept with your paycodes and amounts to get the data you need.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_1BBE2EFF

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Glad you are finding the blog articles useful, please add ratings and comments to the articles that help.
\par
\par As we don't use Payroll in the Asia Pacific region, my knowledge of the payroll module in GP is almost non-existent.
\par
\par If you can create a conditional calculated field which will return the value you are looking for when the conditions are met else return zero, then you can total this at the end to obtain the total of the values meeting your conditions.
\par
\par I am wondering if you can use this concept with your paycodes and amounts to get the data you need.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_1BBE2EFF--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

mail routing #4
I have exchange 2003 and use outlook 2003. I have a generic email address that i use for sundry info requests.. info@mydomain.com. I want email to that address to go to 2 people (normal users on the system) If I add that email address for both users, willthe mail go to both of them? or will it go only to whichever gets to it first? OR, how should I go about doing this? \ thanks ;) On Thu, 12 May 2005 10:37:01 -0400, "markus" <mark@nospam.com> wrote: >I have exchange 2003 and use outlook 2003. > >I have a generic email address that i use for sundry info r...

Exam MB2-423 question
I have just failed this exam by one question, thought I was doing quite well but..... Anyway there was one question which stated something like "You have just created a new KB article and submitted it. Name the 3 queues it will appear in". The answers were New, Draft, Unapproved, Published. I think this is poorly worded, I probably got the question right as I said New, Draft & Unapproved but New is not a queue, and once you have submitted it the article only appears in the Unapproved queue. It doesn't make sense to me Does anybody else have a different take on it...

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

Excel Graphing Question
Hi, I was wondering if Excel had a way to accentuate intersecting points in a graph. I have a graph with several plots (horizontal) and some more corresponding plots (vertical). Each of these plots intersect and I was wondering if there was a way to dim out (make transparent) the non-intersecting points to accentuate the intersecting ones. Is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help, Andrew Andrew - This may get you started: Click once on a point to select the entire data series. Wait a second or two. Click on an individual point to select just that point. Format ... For more de...

eXtender SOP Reports

excel Hyperlink question
Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Under the Insert Hyperlink menu, I think if you select the "Existing File or Web Page" button and point to what you want, that should do it. HTH Steve "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219B8DA6-B7E1-4405-A272-2EEEAF6F8786@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular > cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Is there a way the hype...

Current User, Web Services, CRM 4.0, Alert, Help!!
How can I alert the "Current User" in CRM 4.0, this code work in 3.0 but not in 4.0. Thanks!!! var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\">" + " <soap:Body>" + " <query xmlns:q1=\"http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/Query\" xsi:type=\"q1:QueryEx...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

Rounding time to nearest 1/4 hour
I am setting up a time schedule and need to calculate time served during a month. If I have: b1:b31 = begin time (cells formatted as hh:mm) c1:c31 = end time (cells formatted as hh:mm) d1:d31 = total time worked (formatted as hh:mm) Problem: how do I add d1:d31 to total time worked during month to look like hh.mm with minutes converted to 100 units per hour and displayed as quarter hours. B1 = 7:15 C1 = 12:15 D1 = 7.00 B2 = 7:15 C2 = 12:30 D2 = 7.25 B3 = 7:15 C3 = 12:45 D3 = 7.50 Total hours worked = 21.75 Given: Time is entered only in quarter hours as above. Examples: If tim...

Question about .MDE file
I'm trying to figure out if creating an MDE file is advisable in thisscenario:Our database contains records from 2002-current (about 10,000 recordsright now) If I save a MDE file of this database, how would I be ableto convert it back to MDB to change the design layout?If I cannot convert the MDE back to MDB, how do I make design changesin the MDE file?And if I have to use the original MDB to make design changes then saveit as another MDE file -- what would be the easier approach totransfer the 'new' records that were added in the first MDE file?My problem is I cannot use the backe...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Project2000 newbie questions
Hi- is there a way to precisely indicate the starting and ending time of a task? It only appears that I can drag the bar but not type in a specific time nor have the bar 'snap' to various time segments. I don't see a field where I can input actual 'times'. Also, what is the easiest way to have one task start immediately after another? I've linked the two tasks together and tried to the drag the later task's bar closer to the prior one and it's tough to do visually. I realize there must be a more precise way to do it. Thanks so much! Hi PatB12...