Report Writer - GP 9.0 - Network reports Dictionary corruption iss

In the "Report Writer User's Guide - Release 9.0" page 173 talks about
"Report Writer configurations".

Our GP is set to a Networked Report Dictionary configuration.

I have been told that one MUST NOT run Report Writer when users are in the
system as this will corrupt the Networked Report Dictionary.

Nowhere in the User's Guide does is mention this. Is what I'm hearing correct?
Thank You

Its bad practice to edit the shared report file.  I use a local copy of the
file, verify that my changes work properly, export the report, then use the
import feature in GP to make the report available to the accounting staff.

All it takes is a single "oops" and all of the accountants will be on the
phone :)

VinceV

"Paul Christensen" wrote:

> In the "Report Writer User's Guide - Release 9.0" page 173 talks about
> "Report Writer configurations".
>
> Our GP is set to a Networked Report Dictionary configuration.
>
> I have been told that one MUST NOT run Report Writer when users are in the
> system as this will corrupt the Networked Report Dictionary.
>
> Nowhere in the User's Guide does is mention this. Is what I'm hearing correct?
> Thank You
0
VinceV (156)
2/13/2007 7:52:00 PM
Absolutly will corrupt the dictionary if a user happens to use the report
you are editing.....

GTM

"Paul Christensen" <PaulChristensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:18D90AA2-46AE-4E85-941B-4427666DE5B3@microsoft.com...
> In the "Report Writer User's Guide - Release 9.0" page 173 talks about
> "Report Writer configurations".
>
> Our GP is set to a Networked Report Dictionary configuration.
>
> I have been told that one MUST NOT run Report Writer when users are in the
> system as this will corrupt the Networked Report Dictionary.
>
> Nowhere in the User's Guide does is mention this. Is what I'm hearing
> correct?
> Thank You

0
GTM (5)
2/13/2007 9:44:18 PM
You might want to set up a shared location that a single user can access and
then have all other users keep local copies. A network login script could
copy the shared reports dictionary to the local computers.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Paul Christensen" wrote:

> In the "Report Writer User's Guide - Release 9.0" page 173 talks about
> "Report Writer configurations".
>
> Our GP is set to a Networked Report Dictionary configuration.
>
> I have been told that one MUST NOT run Report Writer when users are in the
> system as this will corrupt the Networked Report Dictionary.
>
> Nowhere in the User's Guide does is mention this. Is what I'm hearing correct?
> Thank You
0
callen (2504)
2/13/2007 10:52:00 PM
Well that's fantastic.  I'm glad I know now though.  I expect that our
Reports Dictionary is corrupted (text showing as 'Not Found' in addition to
this ensured corruption behavior occuring for nearly a week.)

The .DIC still works; all of our reports are properly formatted and so
forth.  Is there anyway to repair the file without losing our modifications,
if not to what extend will our modifications be lost?

Thanks!

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> You might want to set up a shared location that a single user can access and
> then have all other users keep local copies. A network login script could
> copy the shared reports dictionary to the local computers.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Paul Christensen" wrote:
>
> > In the "Report Writer User's Guide - Release 9.0" page 173 talks about
> > "Report Writer configurations".
> >
> > Our GP is set to a Networked Report Dictionary configuration.
> >
> > I have been told that one MUST NOT run Report Writer when users are in the
> > system as this will corrupt the Networked Report Dictionary.
> >
> > Nowhere in the User's Guide does is mention this. Is what I'm hearing correct?
> > Thank You
0
fgw (54)

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

unable to send mail from hotmail account using outlook express 6.0
unable to retrive or send mail from hotmail account using office xp outlook. unable to send mail using hotmail account using outlook express 6.0 ssl socket error 12019. anyone knows how to fix this problem? ...

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

Workflow Triggers in CRM 4.0
I'm a "newbie" to CRM so this may be an elementary question. I want to create a workflow that: 1.) detects the presence of a .csv file in a folder. (Leads) 2.) uses data import manager to import the lead into CRM. 3.) post import processing (re-assignment, etc,) The trick is the triggering event for the workflow. I can't use the "Create Record" trigger, because the record isn't created yet. In fact, it will be created on import. What's a fella to do? I believe you are outside of the out of the box workflow, you may need to create a custom workflow....

eXtender SOP Reports

Pivot Table Avg only >0.000???
Excel 2000 ... Pivot Table ... My Pivot Table AVGs are being skewed down by an occassional "0.000" value appearing in the Col. Above said ... Is there a way to set the Pivot Table Field to only AVG those values >0.000??? Thanks ... Kha Ken, You can make a helper column with =IF(B2>0,B2,"") You can use the same heading as the original, so it will be the heading you want in the pivot table, and you can hide the column too. It may default to COUNT for the function, which you can change to average. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net --...

Current User, Web Services, CRM 4.0, Alert, Help!!
How can I alert the "Current User" in CRM 4.0, this code work in 3.0 but not in 4.0. Thanks!!! var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\" xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\" xmlns:xsd=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\">" + " <soap:Body>" + " <query xmlns:q1=\"http://schemas.microsoft.com/crm/2006/Query\" xsi:type=\"q1:QueryEx...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Stack corruption? Lost message?
Hi, I need some help on an access violation in our application. It happens in one of five threads in the ole32.dll. - Is it possible that one thread corrupts the stack of another thread? The thread of the ole32.dll ist started when I call COleTemplateServer::RegisterAll(). - What COM-object is then initialized? How can I find that out? The COM-object is initialized in a STA. - If there is no stack corruption, could there be a message in the queue, which is processed by the CRpcWorkerThread when the COM-object is already deleted? I used the compiler option /Gs to check the stack. But w...

Saving Reports

>>>Customer Live Chat Moved to May 10th: What's new in RMS 2.0<<<
Whats New in Microsot Dynamics RMS 2.0 - Customer Chat - Has moved to May 10th Have questions about the new RMS 2.0 release? Talk to RMS feature experts and designers about the new and exciting features available in the latest Microsoft Dynamics RMS release. Sign-up now http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Outlook 2007 won't open after updating itunes to 9.1
Hi Itunes updated today to version 9.1 and now whenever I open outlook it opens and then after about 8 seconds crashed with the 'outlook has stopped working'. I've tried doing a system restore to before the updated but the restore failed. What else can I do? Uninstall or disable itunes? Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins or HKEY_Current_user\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins and location the itunes addin and change the LoadBehavior value from 3 to 2 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook...

Explorer and screen rotation in CE5.0
I modified my display driver to include the rflat screen rotation stuff. It rotates fine, but shadows of the icons still appear in the portrait location while the icons themselves are in the landscape view. Additionally, the SIP keyboard graphic does not seem to go into landscape mode, but the hotspots on the screen do correspond with a landscape view. Applications do go into landscape view just fine. Is there some kind of signal that I am supposed to send to the explorer/taskman/desktop to tell it to go into landscape mode? What am I missing? I have seen that before, but it has be...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...