Report on select general ledger accounts, that are not sequential.

There are many time when we need to review specific general ledger accounts.

These accounts are not necessarily in sequential order, therefore we have to
print much more than is needed or may separate reports.

It would be helpful if a detail/summary trial balance report could be
generated, using some type selection criteria other than account
number,segment or date.

Example:  We have multiple general ledgers that relate to mortgages. These
accounts can be income, expense, assets, etc. They cover a large range of
general ledger numbers.  I'd like to pull all accounts related to mortgages.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1de0eb25-95ed-4939-93b7-f26f1bac9450&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
BKM3892 (5)

If you could/had set up your G/L numbering scheme so that one specific
number, in one segment referred to mortgages, then you could run a
trial balance for all accounts filtered only by that segment number
and get only your mortgage accounts no matter if they were assets,
liabilities, expenses, or revenues.

This is likely one case where more forethought would have been useful
BEFORE touching the computer to set up the Chart of Accounts.

Lyle

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:43:02 -0700, bkm
<bkm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>There are many time when we need to review specific general ledger accounts.
>
>These accounts are not necessarily in sequential order, therefore we have to
>print much more than is needed or may separate reports.
>
>It would be helpful if a detail/summary trial balance report could be
>generated, using some type selection criteria other than account
>number,segment or date.
>
>Example:  We have multiple general ledgers that relate to mortgages. These
>accounts can be income, expense, assets, etc. They cover a large range of
>general ledger numbers.  I'd like to pull all accounts related to mortgages.
>
>----------------
>This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1de0eb25-95ed-4939-93b7-f26f1bac9450&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
no-one9822 (112)
6/29/2006 7:17:48 PM
Not sure if this will accomplish everything you want, but you could possibly
try using Account Rollups for this.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"bkm" <bkm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are many time when we need to review specific general ledger
> accounts.
>
> These accounts are not necessarily in sequential order, therefore we have
> print much more than is needed or may separate reports.
>
> It would be helpful if a detail/summary trial balance report could be
> generated, using some type selection criteria other than account
> number,segment or date.
>
> Example:  We have multiple general ledgers that relate to mortgages. These
> accounts can be income, expense, assets, etc. They cover a large range of
> general ledger numbers.  I'd like to pull all accounts related to
> mortgages.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1de0eb25-95ed-4939-93b7-f26f1bac9450&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
victoria (3340)

Need more Reports

Set AD account to never lock out?
Hi, Is it possible to make an AD account never lock out like the admin user account? Thanks Hello Whiteford, Configure the Account lockout settings so the domain accounts wan't lock. Basically the Administrator also will lock, but it automatically unlocks so you wan't realize it and AFAIK this cannot be done for other accounts. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mu...

Sales Report #3

unable to send mail from hotmail account using outlook express 6.0
unable to retrive or send mail from hotmail account using office xp outlook. unable to send mail using hotmail account using outlook express 6.0 ssl socket error 12019. anyone knows how to fix this problem? ...

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Multiple Owners of an Account 09-28-06
Is it possible to have multiple owners of an account? Have the names appear as xxxxxx/zzzzzzz? Thank you in advance, Carrie Carrie, Unfortunately, the answer is no. Mitch http://blogs.infinite-x.net ...

Blank networth reports

Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart types"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have installed Excel 2007, and I can't create any chart, the message=20 "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a = different chart types" keeps poping up, are there any settings that i have miss out? thank you regards kh ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

eXtender SOP Reports

clear/remove highlight from selected items in listbox?
On a main menu, a user selects multiple rows in a list box. Double clicks their mouse and a form opens. They do what they need to the record, then hit a close form button and return to the main menu that contains the listbox. I want to leave the data that was in the listbox and just remove the highlight that makes them the selected items. Is there a property to do this in my procedure? me.lstboxneedingcleared.unknownproperty = action to clear selected items in listbox Thanks in advance! One approach is to reset the RowSource: Me.lstboxneedingcleared.RowSource = Me.lstboxneedingcl...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

VBA cell selection and format
I have a macro that produces a list of cell references in this format o sheet1, in cell A1:A3 (note the range can grow or shrink) Sheet2!C15 Sheet2!D53 Sheet2!G70 what would be the best way to now highlight the cell references an format the background of these cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myRng As Range Dim myCell As Range Dim testRng As Range With Worksheets("sheet1") Set myRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)) For Each myCe...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...

How to make a variable selection to print?
Good morning, In a excel sheet I have 12 monthly sheets (january to december) and a total sheet. Names and shifts are enterd into the monthly sheets, which are then by formula copied to the total sheet. The total sheet is sorted in alphabetical order by name. Then the information per name should be copied into a standard-letter. My problem, that in totalsheet there are not the same number of lines (it varies from 1 to 4) per name. So I don't know how to solve this with mail/merge. Is there a solution? I use Office XP. Every help is welcome, thanks already, Hans When I've e...