Removing a kit

We have a kit item that was supposed to be an assembly. So I made a new
number and made it a regular sales inventory items with an associated BOM.
Now I have a item number in our system that we will no longer use. Normally,
I mark items Discontinued so that they will not accidently get put on sales
orders. At the end of the year as part of the year end process we mark to
remove Discontinued items. In this case, I cannot mark the item as
Discontinued since it is a Kit.  Since there is History for this Item it
cannot be deleted  Are there any options for changing the Item Type for a kit
or will we need to remove History and Delete the Kit item?

I handled this issue by changing the descriptions to DISCONTINUED and
removing the UOM schedule on the Item Card, which removes the priice list and
purchasing options.  When someone tries to add it to an order it it give them
errors.  so far so good.

"Susan" wrote:

> We have a kit item that was supposed to be an assembly. So I made a new
> number and made it a regular sales inventory items with an associated BOM.
> Now I have a item number in our system that we will no longer use. Normally,
> I mark items Discontinued so that they will not accidently get put on sales
> orders. At the end of the year as part of the year end process we mark to
> remove Discontinued items. In this case, I cannot mark the item as
> Discontinued since it is a Kit.  Since there is History for this Item it
> cannot be deleted  Are there any options for changing the Item Type for a kit
> or will we need to remove History and Delete the Kit item?
Good tip! I'll have to write this one down. I think you also need to make
sure that requiring the price in the price list isn't 'unchecked' in the set
up.

"Martink" wrote:

> I handled this issue by changing the descriptions to DISCONTINUED and
> removing the UOM schedule on the Item Card, which removes the priice list and
> purchasing options.  When someone tries to add it to an order it it give them
> errors.  so far so good.
>

> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > Hi Susan,
> >
> > You have identified a continuing 'issue' with the inventory item types. The
> > only way I have found to deal with it is to go into the SQL tables and change
> > it to a discontinued inventory item and pretend like it was never a kit. I
> > then delete it as you described.
> >
> > Another option is to 'suspend' the item from sale using a little program
> > written by ERT Group:
> >
> > http://www.ertgroup.com
> >
> > You might need to call them if you decide to go this route because I have
> > never seen this product on their web site.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Leslie
> >

> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > We have a kit item that was supposed to be an assembly. So I made a new
> > > number and made it a regular sales inventory items with an associated BOM.
> > > Now I have a item number in our system that we will no longer use. Normally,
> > > I mark items Discontinued so that they will not accidently get put on sales
> > > orders. At the end of the year as part of the year end process we mark to
> > > remove Discontinued items. In this case, I cannot mark the item as
> > > Discontinued since it is a Kit.  Since there is History for this Item it
> > > cannot be deleted  Are there any options for changing the Item Type for a kit
> > > or will we need to remove History and Delete the Kit item?
Thank you both so much for your help!  Much appreciated.

Susan

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Good tip! I'll have to write this one down. I think you also need to make
> sure that requiring the price in the price list isn't 'unchecked' in the set
> up.
>

> "Martink" wrote:
>
> > I handled this issue by changing the descriptions to DISCONTINUED and
> > removing the UOM schedule on the Item Card, which removes the priice list and
> > purchasing options.  When someone tries to add it to an order it it give them
> > errors.  so far so good.
> >

> > "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Susan,
> > >
> > > You have identified a continuing 'issue' with the inventory item types. The
> > > only way I have found to deal with it is to go into the SQL tables and change
> > > it to a discontinued inventory item and pretend like it was never a kit. I
> > > then delete it as you described.
> > >
> > > Another option is to 'suspend' the item from sale using a little program
> > > written by ERT Group:
> > >
> > > http://www.ertgroup.com
> > >
> > > You might need to call them if you decide to go this route because I have
> > > never seen this product on their web site.
> > >
> > > Kind regards,

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

Removing password protection on a sheet

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Adding and removing removable drives

Removing Synchronised Contacts
We've a number of client pcs that have been installed with the Outlook Client pointing to a user acceptance test (UAT) system. The Outlook client has synchronized CRM contacts into their Outlook Contacts folder. How can we remove the UAT contacts? I tried to do a Find in Outlook to find the CRM specific contacts, but you don't seem to be able to find the CRM user defined fields? Strange. Any thoughts? You can see the custom CRM fields on an contact view. Choose a contact view that lists the records in a table form, such as 'Phone List'. Then, choose to customize ...

Remove & Reinstall Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP Professional on my new computer. Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook 2003? Thanks. J J Kendel <jkendel2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 came bundled in Microsoft Office XP > Professional on my new computer. Really? 2003? Office XP typically includes Outlook 2002. >Can anyone tell me how to remove and reinstall Outlook >2003? Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. Find Office and click "Change". Remove the Outlook part. Reboot. Go back to that point and add it back in again. -...

how to remove print option in a particular excel file
how to remove print option in a particular excel file You can do this Copy this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub If you want to remove the print icon post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "excel" <excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7859E37-2534-4E83-8F71-B9C3CF5C37BA@microsoft.com... > how to remove print option in a particular excel file ...

Removing BINS
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0072_01CA379C.F0CAF860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some thousand of BINS; creating so many problems while doing the = cycle counts because they have zero Qty. on Hand and Zero Beginning = Qty.. when I do the scheduling, I get hundreds of page of report with = zero on hand data. Now as per KB 874145, if there is ZERO on-hand and there is no un-posted = TRX and these bins are not assigned default BINS, these can be deleted. = Guess. No I have use...

User removed from Webport folder access
Hi, Whenever a report is published to Webport, some users would be automatically removed from folders which they have previously been granted access. In every of these cases, we have to delete the user ID, create them again, then assign them to the folders. Does anyone know what's the cause of this problem, and how we can rectify it without having to re-create the user ID, or to prevent this from happening in the first place? We are using Webport 6.5 with Great Plains 7.5 on Windows 2000 SP4. Thanks in advance! ...

Event when removable drived added/removed
Is there an event that I can subscribe to, to get notified when a removable drive is added or removed? Thanks LS "Lloyd Sheen" <a@b.c> wrote in news:#Xols58hKHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Is there an event that I can subscribe to, to get notified when a > removable drive is added or removed? Assume all removables are USB today. :-) Start here: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/DriveDetector.aspx This is a wrapper project for the Windows libraries that work with these drives. Peace and Grace, -- Gregory A. Beamer (MVP) Twitter...

Removing records
I want to remove all records with the same identifier between the earliest date and the latest date so I'm left with 2 records only per identifier. Currently file looks like this; ID DATE 41491 10-Feb-03 41491 10-Feb-03 41491 7-Apr-03 41491 7-Apr-03 41491 6-Jun-03 41491 6-Jun-03 41492 10-Feb-03 41492 4-Apr-03 41494 17-Feb-03 41494 28-Apr-03 41497 7-Mar-03 41497 7-Mar-03 41497 1-Apr-03 41497 1-Apr-03 41499 17-Mar-03 41499 17-Mar-03 I want it to end up looking like this; 41491 10-Feb-03 41491 6-Jun-03 41492 10-Feb-03 41492 4-Apr-03 41494 17-Feb-03 41494 28-Apr-03 41497 7-Mar-03 4149...

In Publisher, how do I remove part of a column line in a calendar
Using 2003 version and the fullpage monthly calendar template. I want to be able to use the undated boxes as a note area so want to get rid of the column lines for those boxes only With your cursor in the cell, lines, more lines. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "bettyann" <bettyann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:685663C4-FAF7-40D9-831F-4AD9473FE0AA@microsoft.com... > Using 2003 version and the fullpage monthly cale...

Setting and removing imagelist in CListCtrl
I am trying to figure out how to set, replace and remove an imagelist for a CListCtrl at runtime. If, during the creation of the CListCtrl, I set an imagelist, using SetImageList(), I am able to remove it using RemoveImageList(). But, the list control appears to still leave some space between the edge of the control and text items for an image of some kind (in report mode). Also, after removing the image, I am not able to re-set it. If I do not set an imagelist when creating the control, the text items appear next to the left edge of the control (in report mode). But, I am not able to...

How do I remove hyperlink if 'remove' option is disabled
The worksheet is most likely protected. Unprotect it from the Tools menu. Helpful advice here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Vipul" wrote in message This is where his message should have gone ...