Remove Access for the Delete option in PO Entry under Actions

Hi,

In Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, how do you remove the user’s ability to
delete Purchase Orders?

With the default setting of Purchasing Clerk Roll they are not allowed to
“VOID” a document.   I created the following task to have my users the
ability to void.
1. MD GP | Tools | Setup | Security Tasks
2. Type: Series Posting Permissions
3. Security Option: Purchasing Voided Trx and Receivings Voided Trx
4. Series: Purchasing
5. Dictionary: MD GP

What I’m looking for is the best way to take away the Delete access for some
users.

Thus far I’ve been printing the Security Task Setup Report and the User
Security to do some cross referencing.

Please Advice.

0
tklinnert (36)

------=_NextPart_0001_EE52788A

Hi,

Good day! This is Connie and I will be assisting you with your POP concern
where you need to remove the ability of your users to delete POs.

From what your requirement says, I am assuming that you need to have the
DELETE button grayed out from the PO Entry window. Am I correct?

If my assumptions are correct, Security to such button may be possible via
Field Level Security. Currently, your requirement does not appear to be
feasible via GP10.0 Security. You would have to either remove or grant
access to the whole PO Entry window itself.

Let me know if you have additional details on your requirement.

Best Regards,

Concepcion Adlaon
Microsoft Dynamics GP Applications Support
Microsoft Online Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
------=_NextPart_0001_EE52788A

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi,
\par
\par Good day! This is Connie and I will be assisting you with your POP concern where you need to remove the ability of your users to delete POs.
\par
\par From what your requirement says, I am assuming that you need to have the DELETE button grayed out from the PO Entry window. Am I correct?
\par
\par If my assumptions are correct, Security to such button may be possible via Field Level Security. Currently, your requirement does not appear to be feasible via GP10.0 Security. You would have to either remove or grant access to the whole PO Entry window itself.
\par
\par Let me know if you have additional details on your requirement.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par
\par Concepcion Adlaon
\par Microsoft Dynamics GP Applications Support
\par Microsoft Online Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_EE52788A--

Hi Connie,

I am not looking to 'grey' out the delete button.   We do not have field
level security.   What I am looking for is to set a security restriction.
For example:   The users did not have the ability to void a PO until I
created a security task and assigned it to a role then to the user.

Before the task was created this is what happened:   When I bring up a PO
and then go to Actions | Void the system asks me "Are You sure you want to
void this record?"  So I click void.   Then it says, "Permission to void
denied"

This is the functionality I'm looking for and would like to know how to set
that up.

Thanks.

"Connie Adlaon" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Good day! This is Connie and I will be assisting you with your POP concern
> where you need to remove the ability of your users to delete POs.
>
> From what your requirement says, I am assuming that you need to have the
> DELETE button grayed out from the PO Entry window. Am I correct?
>
> If my assumptions are correct, Security to such button may be possible via
> Field Level Security. Currently, your requirement does not appear to be
> feasible via GP10.0 Security. You would have to either remove or grant
> access to the whole PO Entry window itself.
>
> Let me know if you have additional details on your requirement.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> Concepcion Adlaon
> Microsoft Dynamics GP Applications Support
> Microsoft Online Support

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
>  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
> Let us know what you think by posting
>        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>        from your newsreader:
> microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
tklinnert (36)
8/11/2008 2:31:02 PM
There isn't any way to do this in Dynamics out of the box.  You either have
security to the window or you don't.  And once in the window you can do
whatever you'd like in that window.

Looking at what you did for voiding, I'm pretty suprised that actually
worked.  The reason is that you assigned series posting permissions for void
trx.  As far as I can see, you aren't posting anything.  Creating the gl
trx, yes, but you certainly aren't posting them because void trx like this
stop at the gl level.  That being my guess, then the fact that it worked for
you is a pleasant surprise.

That said, the only way to do what you want is either field level security,
modifier vba customization, or dexterity customization.

While you don't have field level security, possibly you have the modifier
tool.

This would be pretty simple in modifier - you just use a modal dialog event
to look for the message "Are you sure you want to delete..." and then answer
the question before the user sees it.  You'd answer no of course.  Then you
can give whatever message you'd like and GP won't delete the transaction.

patrick
dev support

"tklinnert" <tklinnert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Connie,
>
> I am not looking to 'grey' out the delete button.   We do not have field
> level security.   What I am looking for is to set a security restriction.
> For example:   The users did not have the ability to void a PO until I
> created a security task and assigned it to a role then to the user.
>
> Before the task was created this is what happened:   When I bring up a PO
> and then go to Actions | Void the system asks me "Are You sure you want to
> void this record?"  So I click void.   Then it says, "Permission to void
> denied"
>
> This is the functionality I'm looking for and would like to know how to
> set
> that up.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "Connie Adlaon" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Good day! This is Connie and I will be assisting you with your POP
>> concern
>> where you need to remove the ability of your users to delete POs.
>>
>> From what your requirement says, I am assuming that you need to have the
>> DELETE button grayed out from the PO Entry window. Am I correct?
>>
>> If my assumptions are correct, Security to such button may be possible
>> via
>> Field Level Security. Currently, your requirement does not appear to be
>> feasible via GP10.0 Security. You would have to either remove or grant
>> access to the whole PO Entry window itself.
>>
>> Let me know if you have additional details on your requirement.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>

>> Concepcion Adlaon
>> Microsoft Dynamics GP Applications Support
>> Microsoft Online Support

>> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
>>  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>>
>> We also love to hear your product feedback!
>> Let us know what you think by posting
>>        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>>        from your newsreader:
>> microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
>> We look forward to hearing from you!
>> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
>> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
>> rights.

prot1 (1345)
8/12/2008 3:11:08 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_18BC089D

Hello

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Darin Carlsrud

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_18BC089D

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par Darin Carlsrud
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_18BC089D--

0
A-DACARL (116)
8/15/2008 7:06:25 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2D2512F7

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Darin Carlsrud

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_2D2512F7

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_2D2512F7--

0
A-DACARL (116)

Excel Options
How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ?/6 In article <B77FDD23-4A2D-430D-8375-34F9944CCAAC@microsoft.com>, "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display > 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? text format Thanks for the help. Let me take this question one step further. I want to create a bar graph that displays the fractional value taken from a table...

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Even Page Footer in a Section
2007: In a dble-sided 70-pg doc, about the 5th section, I cannot access the even page footers!! No way: by dble-clicking or via the H/F tools. When I double-click, it seems to jump to a footer that is over text. I've checked the page setup and seems ok. What to do? -- Janet A. Are you sure that there are enough pages in section 5 for all headers and footers to be visible? Try inserting a page break (temporarily) and see if that makes a difference. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Janet A. Thompson" <JanetA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Newsgroup access in Entourage
I am a new user to the iMac (3 days) so please bear with me as I maybe doing something daft. I can obviously gain access to public servers but I cannot gain access to Claranews (I am sending a copy of this post to them as well). I have entered all my details accordingly but Entourage cannot gain access to Claranews. Has anybody else had similar problems. What other information about specific configurations do you need? I am using OS 10.3 if that helps Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive. In article <BBE1BB6E.1C1%russfam@ntlworld.com>, Andy Russell <russfam@ntlworld.com> w...

Access 2007 Filter & Labels
I have Access 2007. I set up a database with names & addresses. I turn on a filter to limit the amount of data that I want to print. I used the label wizard and came up with a label report that prints fine. I save every thing and close Access 2007. The problem is when I bring up my database again, and I look at my label report, there are labels for all of the records in the database. I have noticed that the filter has been turned off. Even when I turn the filter on again, my lable report shows all of the records in the database. To get my correct labels to print I have to go...

server-requested client action message
This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and deleting it hoping it would reset. Thanks. In news:%23boIuP6GGHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, MCSA-M <kbenator@gmail.com> typed: > This message comes up on a clients computer with Outlook 2002 sp3 > every time it's opened. Tried a lot of different things including > Outlook profile removal, reinstalled Outlook and creating a rule and > deleting it hoping it would...

Remove lines with +++

Converting from Access 2000 to Access 2002
I created an Access database in Access 2000 running under Windows 2000. My client has upgraded to Access 2002. I ran the conversion utility to convert the Access 2000 database to Access 2002. When attempting to run the converted database, it initially opens but, when I try to use it, I get the message "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem..." I've tried breaking the original database into separate components. I can convert tables, queries, macros, and modules successfully. It's when I try to convert forms that problems occur. Some of my forms inititally appear to conve...

How to Remove SRS

remove Fax from address book?

Configuring Entourage to access the new MS forums
How can I do this? Or do I have to use a lame web browser to access groups? -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place. http://www.cerm.info/ Hi John: You can't. You can run Outlook Express and the NNTP Bridge in Windows, if you have Parallels or VMWare on your Mac. But don't be in too much of a hurry to experiment with that, because I don't think the Mac groups have migrated onto the new...

prnmngr vs delete all network printers
Hi, I wish to use PRNMNGR.VBS script file to install my network printers but before installing those printers, I need to delete all previous installed printers. Is it possible to delete all already installed printers in one command line with PRNMNGR.VBS script ? Thanks. Just a little thing I forgot: Delete all NETWORK printers... Thanks. "Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : uvD4MyItKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I wish to use PRNMNGR.VBS script file to install my network printers but > before...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

Can not access my account from another computer
when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. It appears that Money Plus does not upload any data, anyone have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, arjanbok@gmail.com wrote: >when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, >just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all >the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. >It appears that Money Plus does not...

Want Access database to appear as Outlook Address Book 05-04-07
We have an existing database which we work with and maintain daily. It contains email addresses. Is there a simple way for Outlook to use it as an address book while allowing us to continue using the database normally? Outlook has a 128 character GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier) which, if stored in an Access table can be used as a link to connect an Outlook record, you an Access record. Ask how to write it to an Access table in an Outlook newsgroup. I only have code which works with an Exchange Server. Have a look: Private Sub cmdOutlook_Click() Dim olApp As Object Dim ns...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

OWA premium access
Hello, My users can access OWA in SBS2003 using basic access, but when they try premium access, it will open the page and show the folders but they can not do anything. And the view to the far right seems to be "stuck" on loading.... Any help would be appreciated..... ...

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet