Reloading Task IDs

I deleted task ids that did not pertain to modules that I use.  Now I'd like
to refresh them with the original list.  I tried reinstalling choosing
"repair", and I've tried installing over the top of my current install.  The
tasks did not come back.  How can I get them back?
Thanks
Ginny
0
gduve (24)

Just wanted to clerify that I'm talking about security tasks.

"Ginny" wrote:

> I deleted task ids that did not pertain to modules that I use.  Now I'd like
> to refresh them with the original list.  I tried reinstalling choosing
> "repair", and I've tried installing over the top of my current install.  The
> tasks did not come back.  How can I get them back?
> Thanks
> Ginny
0
gduve (24)
1/31/2008 4:05:33 AM
These are actually entries in data tables and I would have been surprised if
a repair had reloaded data tables.

Other than installing GP standalone on a workstation and doing some tricky
stuff with SQL DTS, Unfortunately, you will need to rebuild them by hand.

Comming to Convergence?  Visit us in Booth 836.  And make plans to attend
one great party aboard an ocean going cruise ship.  Visit our website for
details and to reserve your boarding pass.
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

"Ginny" wrote:

> Just wanted to clerify that I'm talking about security tasks.
>
> "Ginny" wrote:
>
> > I deleted task ids that did not pertain to modules that I use.  Now I'd like
> > to refresh them with the original list.  I tried reinstalling choosing
> > "repair", and I've tried installing over the top of my current install.  The
> > tasks did not come back.  How can I get them back?
> > Thanks
> > Ginny
0
info4071 (3001)

Eliminating the task button
Can outlook be run only as an systray icon and doesn't show a task button on the taskbar? TIA ...

task pool in outlook/exchange
Is it possible to have a shared "task pool" where there a bunch of tasks assigned to no one, but which people take or a manager assigns? We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, but can upgrade if this feature exists in 2007. Thanks, Dino it is not a feature in outlook or exchange 2007. you could use a public folder or a SharePoint list for this. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: da...

How do I show complete and incomplete tasks differently?
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:24:00 -0700, RMGK <RMGK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I show complete and incomplete tasks differently? You change the fill colour of the task bar if the task is not completed. Just select the task shape (not the box behind it) and set the new fill colour. That could be automated but, sorry, I have no time to look into that at the moment. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:24:00 -0700, RMGK <RMGK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do ...

Delegating tasks
I have a Server and 2 Workstations. I would like the ability to do the following: 1. Delegate tasks from my Workstation to someone on the other Workstation. 2. Share folders so that two people can work on the same email folder. Think I can do that with Net folder sharing?? Do I really need Exchange to do this or can I just use 2 versions of Outlook on each PC? I will most likely be using Outlook 2003 beta at first. If I have to go to Exchange (which I have) is it complex to set up? Thanks, Jon ...

Exclude an ID from a Group
Hi, I have a table called tblPhysician with the fields PhysID, PhysName and Speciality. There are about 1000 Physician and and about 12 Specialties. There is also a table tblMedRecords that has PhysID and Mortality Counts for 2009. The field Mortality can have a count of zero or 1. I created a report that sums the Mortality by Physician. What I want to do is to add another field to report that sums Mortality by the specialty but excludes the physician. I want my data to look like this: PhysID PhysName Mortality Specialty SpecialtyMort 100 Jones ...

Old product code wont work on reload
I am trying to put my copy of OfficeXP 2002 on my new computer with Windows 7. It is telling me that my product code is incorrect. What do I do? Jaren Horsley From where are you getting the product code? "Jaren Horsley" <Jaren Horsley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E03D19DE-2467-4DC0-A12E-21A72CE93C37@microsoft.com... :I am trying to put my copy of OfficeXP 2002 on my new computer with Windows : 7. It is telling me that my product code is incorrect. What do I do? : : Jaren Horsley At what point do you get this message? Did you tri...

Outlook 2003 New Email notification not working on Task Bar
Problem with Outlook notification not working: My Outlook no longer notifies me with a little envelope in the applications bar when I have an new unread message. The settings are on -- Tools > Options > E-mail Options > Advanced E-mail Options and "When new items arrive in my Inbox" "Show an envelope icon in the notification area" - but still the envelope notification doesn't appear. I am hoping thisa is not a Profile issue.... any help would be great. Michael If you click the arrow at the left hand edge (if you've got your task bar in the...

Canceling Tasks
I have some tasks in my project that have been cancelled. I want to continue to show the task but was wondering if there was a way to actually have a line go through that task to show it is no longer needed and was cancelled. Right now, I have the task and just put a note that the task was deleted or cancelled and have it at 100% complete. I know this is probably not the best way. Is there a better way to go about this? I appreciate all the help I have already recieved from all my questions. (Rob Schneider in paticular) Thanks, Scott -- scottsoo9 ----------------------------...

trying to reload publisher 97
Hi, I have a new computer running xp, and I have tried installing my old Publisher program, but when I try to open it it says: "Procedure entry point _MatGet1Dispatch@8 could not be located in the dynamic link libray Pubole32.dll." So I had a couple copies of that .dll file, but have NO idea what the error is talking about. I believe its Publisher 97 - do I need something to make it work in XP, and if so, does one exist? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I have taken it back out and am going to try installing again, but don't expect any change. Kell P...

Question about Tasks in Outlook
I'm new at this so bear with me I'm trying to figure out how to assign a task that needs to go to multiple individuals. I need to track the time it takes each person in my office to do their piece of a project. Their part of the project is not done using any MS software. I need to be able to create a project, put due dates on it, assign it to a person, and have them fill in the completion date/time for their part of the project. Then they need to be able to send it to the next person. Each project will generally have the same number of steps. Any ideas? Thanks How about you gi...

"The note id is not set"
We receive "The note id is not set" when trying to add a note to a customer id notepad from within the Collections Management main window. If we create the note first on the customer card, it's available from within Collections Management window. Thank you.... What version of GP? I am on 10.0 SP2 (10.00.1061) and this does not happen. Can you describe the specific sequence of events leading to this message? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "MES" wrote: > We receive "The ...

deleted tasks
Is there a way to get back deleted tasks in Outlook 2000? Do they go into a file like deleted emails do? Thanks Tom Tom C wrote: > Is there a way to get back deleted tasks in Outlook 2000? Do they go > into a file like deleted emails do? > Thanks Tom Check your Deleted Items folder in Outlook. Unless you pressed "Shift+Del" to permanently delete the items, or have emptied your deleted items folder, they should be there. Note - it may be better for you to merely mark tasks as completed, and use a view that shows you only active tasks. Thanks...

reloading a userform problem
I've made a simple user form consisting of 3 input text boxes. After inputting values, a command button is clicked and the user form closes and populates 3 cells in a worksheet with the values. I have another command button (from the forms menu) on the worksheet that will clear the inputted data and re-load the user form ready for another input. At the moment the user form reloads but the previous values are still there. The following code is used: - Private Sub commandbutton32() Sub button32_Click() Range("a1").ClearContents Range("a2").ClearContents Range(&qu...

Task Bar
when I open windows live mail the top task bar is not there. The one that should show "file, edit, view, go, tools, actions, help". How do I get that task bar? -- tom That was done on purpose, to save screen real estate so you can see more of the message without scrolling. To get a one shot view of the menu bar, press the Alt key. If you want it displayed permanently, click the Menus button (to the left of the circled question mark).=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "tomgott" <...

Help needed with Certificates (Digital IDs)
Hi all I am running MS Outlook 2003 and am trying to sign an email which I want to send. I have created my own self-certificate using the programme "EldoS PKI Tools V1.1.26". I have then gone to Outlook's Tools>Options>Security and Imported the "Digital ID (Certificates)" which I had earlier created.I have also set up a "Default Setting" called 'Kirk Cert'. All looks well here. The problem I then get is when I create an email and the press the 'Send' button I get an error dialogue saying: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Invalid ...

reloaded Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business after reloading Vista
I had to reload my operating system. I re-installed Microsoft Money. It wants me to register again. I enter the key but it tells me the online services have expired. Now we all know that by now. How do I get around this so it does not become inoperable in 60 days. Chris In microsoft.public.money, Chris Fazio wrote: >I had to reload my operating system. I re-installed Microsoft Money. It >wants me to register again. I enter the key but it tells me the online >services have expired. Now we all know that by now. How do I get around >this so it does not b...

Can't Open Norton System Works Task Scheduler in XP Home
When I try to open System Works from either the desktop shortcut or START/Programs/Norton, the hourglass shows for one second and nothing seems to happen. I am assuming that I should be able to open the program this way to set up the task scheduler, etc. The individual programs in Norton work manually when called up and the task schedlular must have defaulted because it does run at a specific time I have tried tried the following, but have no change in the program's behaviour 1. uninstalling/reinstalling System Works 2. Running in Safe Mod 3. Running in a different profil 4. After clean...

Issue enterting time in My Tasks and Question about Assignment Own
Hi! My company is in the process of rolling out onto PS 07 (we are upgrading from PS 03). We've put on service pack 2, followed all the directions, got our server up and running with the new time phase view in My Tasks. When we had done initial testing with dummy projects the time phase worked GREAT! Prefect for us since we only want to track project time and not make it too confusing for our users with having to import between timesheets and tasks (resources do need to be babied and cuddled to keep them happy!). We have our Task Settings and Display set up as follows: ...

Scheduled Tasks Not Working All of a Sudden
Hello: I have a scheduled task running overnight on Windows Server 2003. The administrative user that configures and "runs" this task remains logged onto the server, so that the task successfully runs. And, this task has run successfully every night for months. Over the last two nights, ithough, it has not run. I do not know why nor are the logs mentioning anything pertinent as usual. Any ideas as to why? The task runs a .cmd (macro) file. When I run this file by itself, it runs perfectly. It's just that I cannot get the Scheduled Task to run. I recr...

Task Manager doesn't start with all the features
When I start task manager all I get is the screen with the perfromance monitor, no way to get to any of the program or service lists. How do I correct this? "Jeff D." <jddieterle@hughes.net> wrote in message news:4zRJn.139856$3k7.116251@en-nntp-13.dc1.easynews.com... > When I start task manager all I get is the screen with the perfromance > monitor, no way to get to any of the program or service lists. How do I > correct this? > It sounds as if you have Task Manager running in "Tiny footprint mode". Double click the border to resto...

Weird Outlook Behavior: Custom Tasks & Appointments
So. I recently got and wiped a Trojan, and I'm concerned some important outlook files went with it somehow. Immediately afterwards, I got some really strange outlook behavior. Here's the growing list. * Can't delete appointment items in the day/week/month view, but can create new ones. * I used to use custom forms that tracked a subcategory for each task (for better project management) - now if I so much as type anything in the custom form page (even if a "standard" field), the task won't close. When you try closing it, save and close, etc... won't take anyth...

define the taskduration depending on another task
hi, i would like that a task starts 6weeks before and ends 4 weeks after a specific one. is there a way to define that? thx a lot, rgds manuel -- asdasdasdasd123 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ asdasdasdasd123's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/175470.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1297127.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

exchange task wizard
Gurus When I create a new user, at that time I do not need to create a mailbox, but later on, when I want to use the exchange task wizard to create a mailbox, the only option to choosse from is "enable instant messaging" and the "create the mailbox" option is no longer there. This does not happen all the time but sometimes I have to delete the account and create the account again several times in order to work and for me to find the "create a mailbox" in exchange task wizard. Can someone help. Exchange 2000 and I have ESM install. is there anyother way to ...

Reload messages from GMail?
Hi, My system crashed and I've just finished rebuilding it (XP Media Center, Office 2007 Pro with BCM). I've learned my lesson about backing up everything, but in the meantime, I'm >but in the meantime, I'm What ?? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Jay in PA" <rjweiss@gmail.com> wrote in message news:df0912f3-04ab-442b-a1d9-60b7203521ea@x6g2000vbg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > My system crashed and I've just finished rebuilding it (XP Medi...

Reloading of Outlook 2002
Hi folks - perhaps someone can help me - we have a new(er) computer but are still using all our old software hence our Office 2002 has been reloaded onto the newer machine and with it Outlook 2002. I still have the hard disk from our elderly machine and have put it into a USB caddy so that I can access all the data on it. Both machines run XP Pro. I want to copy all the e-mail from the old hard disk (now in the USB caddy) to the new one so that we still have the messages and address book on the newer computer. I've copies the 'outlook' directory from the hidden Applications|...