Reject script in pass through san script not working

I have a scenario that i had to check for dependencies of divisions(Human 
Resources) before their deletion and decide whether to let deletion proceed 
or not, i had done this for many entities like department(Dynamics) in my 
development dictionary, i registered a focus trigger before delete button of 
department form and checked dependencies for it on triggered script and allow 
or prevent deletion successfully.
Now for division that is in the human resources dictionary i registered a 
cross-dictionary focus trigger to run before delete buttons change event as

result = Trigger_RegisterFocusByName(414,"'Delete Button' of window 
'HRP_Division_Entry' of form 'HRP_Division'",TRIGGER_FOCUS_CHANGE, 
TRIGGER_BEFORE_ORIGINAL, script Trig_BeforeDeleteDivision);
if result <> SY_NOERR then
warning "Cross dictionary division delete Focus trigger registration failed.";
end if;

and in the trigger i

===== Trig_BeforeDeleteDivision===========

local text   code;
local string compiler_error;
local integer result;
local string retval;
local integer datatype;
local long TODELETE;
local UIService.UIMiscellaneous obj;
obj = new UIService.UIMiscellaneous();
obj.ConnectionString = ConnectionString();

result =  
GetWindowValue(HUMANRESOURCES,"HRP_Division","HRP_Division_Entry","'Division 
Code'",retval,datatype);
if empty(retval) then
 abort script;
end if;

TODELETE = obj.DivisionDeleteInquiry(retval);

if TODELETE = 1 then
 abort script;
end if;

clear code;
code = "warning (""The record cannot be deleted because it is in use by 
another entity"");";
code = code + "reject script;";
 
if execute(HUMANRESOURCES, code, compiler_error) <> 0 then
            warning getmsg(22043) + " " + compiler_error;
end if;

the trigger registers successfully executes fine as it displays the warning 
message about deletion successfully, but still proceeds with deletion, i 
think reject script is not working for this scenario

So please tell me if anything is wrong with this code or any alternative

regards

 
0
Salman (15)
2/8/2007 7:57:00 AM
greatplains 29623 articles. 3 followers. Follow

4 Replies
681 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

Salman,

The problem is that your reject script shouldn't be in the pass through 
code.  It has to be in the handing script itself.  By putting it in 
passthrough, that's taking the reject script out of the event (the focus 
trigger) and causing it to do nothing as you are seeing.

patrick
mbs dev support

-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"Salman" <Salman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4F9DD542-8C2F-4681-B49C-747A1D131A52@microsoft.com...
>I have a scenario that i had to check for dependencies of divisions(Human
> Resources) before their deletion and decide whether to let deletion 
> proceed
> or not, i had done this for many entities like department(Dynamics) in my
> development dictionary, i registered a focus trigger before delete button 
> of
> department form and checked dependencies for it on triggered script and 
> allow
> or prevent deletion successfully.
> Now for division that is in the human resources dictionary i registered a
> cross-dictionary focus trigger to run before delete buttons change event 
> as
>
> result = Trigger_RegisterFocusByName(414,"'Delete Button' of window
> 'HRP_Division_Entry' of form 'HRP_Division'",TRIGGER_FOCUS_CHANGE,
> TRIGGER_BEFORE_ORIGINAL, script Trig_BeforeDeleteDivision);
> if result <> SY_NOERR then
> warning "Cross dictionary division delete Focus trigger registration 
> failed.";
> end if;
>
> and in the trigger i
>
> ===== Trig_BeforeDeleteDivision===========
>
> local text   code;
> local string compiler_error;
> local integer result;
> local string retval;
> local integer datatype;
> local long TODELETE;
> local UIService.UIMiscellaneous obj;
> obj = new UIService.UIMiscellaneous();
> obj.ConnectionString = ConnectionString();
>
> result =
> GetWindowValue(HUMANRESOURCES,"HRP_Division","HRP_Division_Entry","'Division
> Code'",retval,datatype);
> if empty(retval) then
> abort script;
> end if;
>
> TODELETE = obj.DivisionDeleteInquiry(retval);
>
> if TODELETE = 1 then
> abort script;
> end if;
>
> clear code;
> code = "warning (""The record cannot be deleted because it is in use by
> another entity"");";
> code = code + "reject script;";
>
> if execute(HUMANRESOURCES, code, compiler_error) <> 0 then
>            warning getmsg(22043) + " " + compiler_error;
> end if;
>
> the trigger registers successfully executes fine as it displays the 
> warning
> message about deletion successfully, but still proceeds with deletion, i
> think reject script is not working for this scenario
>
> So please tell me if anything is wrong with this code or any alternative
>
> regards
>
> 


0
prot1 (1345)
2/10/2007 2:36:46 AM
Hi,

I am also working with Salman, and we are facing this problem. You
have explained the cause of the problem but is their any solution of
this problem ?

Regards,
Ahmed

On Feb 10, 7:36 am, "Patrick [MSFT]" <p...@online.microsft.com> wrote:
> Salman,
>
> The problem is that yourrejectscriptshouldn't be in the pass through
> code.  It has to be in the handingscriptitself.  By putting it in
> passthrough, that's taking therejectscriptout of the event (the focus
> trigger) and causing it to do nothing as you are seeing.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support
>
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Salman" <Sal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news:4F9DD542-8C2F-4681-B49C-747A1D131A52@microsoft.com...
>
> >I have a scenario that i had to check for dependencies of divisions(Human
> > Resources) before their deletion and decide whether to let deletion
> > proceed
> > or not, i had done this for many entities like department(Dynamics) in my
> > development dictionary, i registered a focus trigger before delete button
> > of
> > department form and checked dependencies for it on triggeredscriptand
> > allow
> > or prevent deletion successfully.
> > Now for division that is in the human resources dictionary i registered a
> > cross-dictionary focus trigger to run before delete buttons change event
> > as
>
> > result = Trigger_RegisterFocusByName(414,"'Delete Button' of window
> > 'HRP_Division_Entry' of form 'HRP_Division'",TRIGGER_FOCUS_CHANGE,
> > TRIGGER_BEFORE_ORIGINAL,scriptTrig_BeforeDeleteDivision);
> > if result <> SY_NOERR then
> > warning "Cross dictionary division delete Focus trigger registration
> > failed.";
> > end if;
>
> > and in the trigger i
>
> > ===== Trig_BeforeDeleteDivision===========
>
> > local text   code;
> > local string compiler_error;
> > local integer result;
> > local string retval;
> > local integer datatype;
> > local long TODELETE;
> > local UIService.UIMiscellaneous obj;
> > obj = new UIService.UIMiscellaneous();
> > obj.ConnectionString = ConnectionString();
>
> > result =
> > GetWindowValue(HUMANRESOURCES,"HRP_Division","HRP_Division_Entry","'Division
> > Code'",retval,datatype);
> > if empty(retval) then
> > abortscript;
> > end if;
>
> > TODELETE = obj.DivisionDeleteInquiry(retval);
>
> > if TODELETE = 1 then
> > abortscript;
> > end if;
>
> > clear code;
> > code = "warning (""The record cannot be deleted because it is in use by
> > another entity"");";
> > code = code + "rejectscript;";
>
> > if execute(HUMANRESOURCES, code, compiler_error) <> 0 then
> >            warning getmsg(22043) + " " + compiler_error;
> > end if;
>
> > the trigger registers successfully executes fine as it displays the
> > warning
> > message about deletion successfully, but still proceeds with deletion, i
> > thinkrejectscriptis not working for this scenario
>
> > So please tell me if anything is wrong with this code or any alternative
>
> > regards


0
mahmedpk (5)
2/14/2007 3:53:43 PM
You should be able to remove the reject script reference from your 
pass-through sanScript and just place it in line after the "end if;" 
statement.  Also note that the correct syntax is to have reject script as two 
words rather than one.  

clear code;
code = "warning (""The record cannot be deleted because it is in use by 
another entity"");";

 if execute(HUMANRESOURCES, code, compiler_error) <> 0 then
           warning getmsg(22043) + " " + compiler_error;
 else
           reject script; {pass through was successful, so stop following 
call chain}
end if;

-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"Ahmed" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I am also working with Salman, and we are facing this problem. You
> have explained the cause of the problem but is their any solution of
> this problem ?
> 
> Regards,
> Ahmed
> 
> On Feb 10, 7:36 am, "Patrick [MSFT]" <p...@online.microsft.com> wrote:
> > Salman,
> >
> > The problem is that yourrejectscriptshouldn't be in the pass through
> > code.  It has to be in the handingscriptitself.  By putting it in
> > passthrough, that's taking therejectscriptout of the event (the focus
> > trigger) and causing it to do nothing as you are seeing.
> >
> > patrick
> > mbs dev support
> >
> > --
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> >
> > "Salman" <Sal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > news:4F9DD542-8C2F-4681-B49C-747A1D131A52@microsoft.com...
> >
> > >I have a scenario that i had to check for dependencies of divisions(Human
> > > Resources) before their deletion and decide whether to let deletion
> > > proceed
> > > or not, i had done this for many entities like department(Dynamics) in my
> > > development dictionary, i registered a focus trigger before delete button
> > > of
> > > department form and checked dependencies for it on triggeredscriptand
> > > allow
> > > or prevent deletion successfully.
> > > Now for division that is in the human resources dictionary i registered a
> > > cross-dictionary focus trigger to run before delete buttons change event
> > > as
> >
> > > result = Trigger_RegisterFocusByName(414,"'Delete Button' of window
> > > 'HRP_Division_Entry' of form 'HRP_Division'",TRIGGER_FOCUS_CHANGE,
> > > TRIGGER_BEFORE_ORIGINAL,scriptTrig_BeforeDeleteDivision);
> > > if result <> SY_NOERR then
> > > warning "Cross dictionary division delete Focus trigger registration
> > > failed.";
> > > end if;
> >
> > > and in the trigger i
> >
> > > ===== Trig_BeforeDeleteDivision===========
> >
> > > local text   code;
> > > local string compiler_error;
> > > local integer result;
> > > local string retval;
> > > local integer datatype;
> > > local long TODELETE;
> > > local UIService.UIMiscellaneous obj;
> > > obj = new UIService.UIMiscellaneous();
> > > obj.ConnectionString = ConnectionString();
> >
> > > result =
> > > GetWindowValue(HUMANRESOURCES,"HRP_Division","HRP_Division_Entry","'Division
> > > Code'",retval,datatype);
> > > if empty(retval) then
> > > abortscript;
> > > end if;
> >
> > > TODELETE = obj.DivisionDeleteInquiry(retval);
> >
> > > if TODELETE = 1 then
> > > abortscript;
> > > end if;
> >
> > > clear code;
> > > code = "warning (""The record cannot be deleted because it is in use by
> > > another entity"");";
> > > code = code + "rejectscript;";
> >
> > > if execute(HUMANRESOURCES, code, compiler_error) <> 0 then
> > >            warning getmsg(22043) + " " + compiler_error;
> > > end if;
> >
> > > the trigger registers successfully executes fine as it displays the
> > > warning
> > > message about deletion successfully, but still proceeds with deletion, i
> > > thinkrejectscriptis not working for this scenario
> >
> > > So please tell me if anything is wrong with this code or any alternative
> >
> > > regards
> 
> 
> 
0
bfitzger (15)
2/14/2007 8:54:12 PM
Not sure why my lines got all mashed together like they did, however I did 
give you the solution to your problem and then explained why what you were 
doing wasn't working.

I refer to:

" It has to be in the handingscriptitself".

IE: "It (the reject script) has to be in the handling script itself."

As I explained, yours fails because you have it in the pass through code.  A 
fairly common mistake actually.

By the way, there isn't any reason to put the "warning" statement in pass 
through code it can come from yours unless you specifically need to access 
resources in the HR dictionary (which in your sample you don't).

patrick
mbs dev support

-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"Ahmed" <mahmedpk@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1171468422.928469.80100@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am also working with Salman, and we are facing this problem. You
> have explained the cause of the problem but is their any solution of
> this problem ?
>
> Regards,
> Ahmed
>
> On Feb 10, 7:36 am, "Patrick [MSFT]" <p...@online.microsft.com> wrote:
>> Salman,
>>
>> The problem is that yourrejectscriptshouldn't be in the pass through
>> code.  It has to be in the handingscriptitself.  By putting it in
>> passthrough, that's taking therejectscriptout of the event (the focus
>> trigger) and causing it to do nothing as you are seeing.
>>
>> patrick
>> mbs dev support
>>
>> --
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> rights.
>>
>> "Salman" <Sal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:4F9DD542-8C2F-4681-B49C-747A1D131A52@microsoft.com...
>>
>> >I have a scenario that i had to check for dependencies of 
>> >divisions(Human
>> > Resources) before their deletion and decide whether to let deletion
>> > proceed
>> > or not, i had done this for many entities like department(Dynamics) in 
>> > my
>> > development dictionary, i registered a focus trigger before delete 
>> > button
>> > of
>> > department form and checked dependencies for it on triggeredscriptand
>> > allow
>> > or prevent deletion successfully.
>> > Now for division that is in the human resources dictionary i registered 
>> > a
>> > cross-dictionary focus trigger to run before delete buttons change 
>> > event
>> > as
>>
>> > result = Trigger_RegisterFocusByName(414,"'Delete Button' of window
>> > 'HRP_Division_Entry' of form 'HRP_Division'",TRIGGER_FOCUS_CHANGE,
>> > TRIGGER_BEFORE_ORIGINAL,scriptTrig_BeforeDeleteDivision);
>> > if result <> SY_NOERR then
>> > warning "Cross dictionary division delete Focus trigger registration
>> > failed.";
>> > end if;
>>
>> > and in the trigger i
>>
>> > ===== Trig_BeforeDeleteDivision===========
>>
>> > local text   code;
>> > local string compiler_error;
>> > local integer result;
>> > local string retval;
>> > local integer datatype;
>> > local long TODELETE;
>> > local UIService.UIMiscellaneous obj;
>> > obj = new UIService.UIMiscellaneous();
>> > obj.ConnectionString = ConnectionString();
>>
>> > result =
>> > GetWindowValue(HUMANRESOURCES,"HRP_Division","HRP_Division_Entry","'Division
>> > Code'",retval,datatype);
>> > if empty(retval) then
>> > abortscript;
>> > end if;
>>
>> > TODELETE = obj.DivisionDeleteInquiry(retval);
>>
>> > if TODELETE = 1 then
>> > abortscript;
>> > end if;
>>
>> > clear code;
>> > code = "warning (""The record cannot be deleted because it is in use by
>> > another entity"");";
>> > code = code + "rejectscript;";
>>
>> > if execute(HUMANRESOURCES, code, compiler_error) <> 0 then
>> >            warning getmsg(22043) + " " + compiler_error;
>> > end if;
>>
>> > the trigger registers successfully executes fine as it displays the
>> > warning
>> > message about deletion successfully, but still proceeds with deletion, 
>> > i
>> > thinkrejectscriptis not working for this scenario
>>
>> > So please tell me if anything is wrong with this code or any 
>> > alternative
>>
>> > regards
>
> 


0
prot1 (1345)
2/15/2007 2:28:32 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Working online
After logging into outlook, it keeps going offline. How do we change this? ...

Customize Outlook Today link does not work
When I click on the 'customize outlook today' link ... nothing happens ... why and how do I fix it Outlook 2000 with SP3 There was a security patch that disabled the ability to customize Outlook Today. If you are comfortable working in the Registry (dangerous if you don't know what you are doing), then go to the Microsoft.com website and check the Knowledgebase for a manual work around. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on the 'customize outlook today' link ... >nothing happens ... why and how do I fix it Outlook 2000 >with SP3 >. > OL...

Exchange Scripts
Morning all. I have a user who gets alot of emails with .zip files attached. These .zip files need to be manually saved out of the email into a folder (the same folder) everyday all day. Is there someway I can automatically do this with a server based script. Maybe setup a rule in outlook 2003 to file them to a folder then setup a script on that folder? Used to be able to do this in 5.5. Thanks in advance for any help. Mike "=?Utf-8?B?WmlndWFuYQ==?=" <Ziguana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2393B989-4BB3-4857-838B-9E1D359B21A2@microsoft.com: > Is there ...

Selective Rejection of Email
My Exchange 2003 server is rejecting email from selective domains that I frequently use, such as microsoft.com and a couple of others. I have nothing to change configuration. What could be causing this issue - I'm using Symantec AV to check email. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Dan What is the NDR that the senders get back ? Regards Paul Ford Edge IT Ltd "DLS" <DLS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDCD03FD-43AF-4753-8C21-144F52440450@microsoft.com... > My Exchange 2003 server is rejecting email from selective domains that I > ...

Links not working in Outlook 2002
Can't "link" inside Emails, get PopUp Internet Explorer 6.0 Setup- which reads-Command Line Option Syntax error, Type Command/? for Help? (up till yesterday clicking Links resulted in failure to Link and Adobe Reader poping up, I uninstalled Reader and get along with Acrobat Reader opening Artwork, but I still cannor Link). Any thoughts, I don't know who to follow above instructions and don't know what it would result in if I did? Thanks. ...

Exchange SP2 Database size improvements *NOT* working.
I've installed SP2 on SBS2003 w/ Exchange 2003 Standard twice now and I've verified the version on the file EXSETDATA.DLL to be 6.5.7638.2 and it clearly states it's Service Pack 2 in the comments. But upon adding the registry entry to increase the database size to say, 75GB I still get event 1221 in the application event log: Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1216 Date: 4/18/2007 Time: 8:10:13 AM User: N/A Computer: NTHOST Description: The Exchange store 'First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (NTHOST)' is li...

Moving items to folders does not work
I am helping a friend with Outlook ... she is working Windows XP with Office 2003. In Outlook she wants to move a number of old emails from various folders to new folders she created so they are organized better so we created the new folders, moved, the messages and everything was fine then when she restarted the computer and the messages moved back in the original folders. The new folders were there but were empty! We tried this a few times with the same results. I have no such problem with my computer and we have the same setup. Thanks in advance for any suggestions on how to solve this mys...

Time passed sinec date in column A
I am trying to greate a document that will tell me when someone needs to renew thier training. I have 1, 2, 3, & 4 yearly training programs. I want to have a system where I can set conditional formating to goy amber when it has been 10 months since the date and then Red when over a year> I have a date on column A. In column B I want to know how many months have passed since that date. I am sure the solution is easy, but I can't work it out!! Many thanks Steve Hi Steve, Not a full answer to your question but the following might help to put you on the right track. To find o...

OnChange-event for date inside a case not working correctly
For service --> cases I have added the picklist-field incidentstagecode and created a new one called closed_date (as date). Incidentstagecode has now two fields (open = 1, closed = 2). For incidentstagecode I have added the following onChange-event: var cd, s, dp; if (crmForm.incidentstagecode.returnValue=2) { cd = new Date(); dp = "00" + (cd.getMonth() + 1); s = dp.substr(dp.length-2,2) + "/"; dp = "00" + (cd.getDate());s += dp.substr(dp.length-2,2) + "/" + cd.getYear(); crmForm.CFDclosed_date.value = FormatDate(ParseDate(s)); crmForm.CFDclosed...

Range resize not working
Greetings, I wrote the following code to automatically resize a worksheet range that grows vertically. With Range("RegionWorkingData").Resize(1, 1) .Parent.Range(.Item(1), .Parent.Cells(Rows.Count, .Column) _ .End(xlUp)).Name = "RegionWorkingData" End With I can't seem to get it to work. When I run it I get the error message that the Method 'Range of object'_Global' failer. Can some one help me fix this code? Thanks in advance for your help and guidance!! Ray Maybe specifying the worksheet would help: with works...

Passing in variables on Command Line
How do I pass in a param when I start the application? I have taken a look at the ParseCommandLine functionality and it assumes that a string following the executable name is a filename. I need to send a string parameter to the executable and be able to test the value and respond to it (for example, if the executable has the string "Campus1" passed in, then I set the database to point to the Campus1 database). I noticed that there were provisions for sending predefined flags for printing, etc but I couldn't find where you could send in your own info that you could th...

VB Script error
Hi, I was given this script below in answer to a previous question by Bob Phillips (thanks Bob) . Here is my previous question : "if a log for 'today' has already been created, what code do I (well you!) need to add to advise the user of this, and a message box asking them if they want to view it,then being taken there if required., thanks again" the script Bob provided is Sub Create_log() Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Sheets("Log master") .Visible = True On Error Resume Next Set sh = Worksheets(Format(Date, "YYY...

keyboard doesn't work
The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the desktop appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter. The keys beep when you press them. -- Carol Type of keyboard????? "Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4120BCCB-DB63-4C37-91D4-B0A7BB1340F7@microsoft.com... > The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the > desktop > appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter. The keys beep when > you > press them. > -- > Carol On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:2...

5.5.0 Mail rejected for container policy reasons
ALL. has anybody seen this issue ? remote host said: 5.5.0 Mail rejected for container policy reasons. This is an error message i am getting from Messsagelabs and they say it is my exchange server. Ha, cointainer policy ??? thanks Ziggi Check through ClientNet if you are not allowed to send encrypted zip files, or possibly any other file attachements/types. This would generate this 5.5.0 Oliver "ziggibond" <ziggibond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F7D076-6D2D-40E1-B4BF-3E52C38A7BDC@microsoft.com... > ALL. has anybody seen this issue ? > &...

Recipient address rejected
Version: 2008 Whenever I send or collect new mail, a popop window appears right after successfully sending/receiving, saying that reciepient address rejected: need fully-qualified address. It also says that the email couldn't be sent in spite of the fact that it has been sent, and refers to the error as '-17099'. It started yesterday only. Hope you can help. ...

IMAP4SVC doe not work
I have MS Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. After last power outage IMAP4SVC does not work. Microsoft IMAP4 service sown as STARTED in services, but Virtual IMAP4 server in System Manager is down. When I'm trying to start it I see the message, that IMAP server shows specific error and can not be started. There is a Warning in Event Log with Source: IMAP4SVC and Event ID: 1036 "An error occured while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x36b7" Please advise, thank you, Gary Uber ...

Cannot get graph to work properly
i have never used the graph wizard in access before, always excel, but really need to do it in access. i tried the chart wizard, but it does not set it up correctly. Basically i need a line graph, that on the x-axis shows the hours of the day (in hour increments-24 hours), the y-axis to show a flow value (mg), there will need to be 2 lines on the graph (weekend and weekday shown seperately), and there are multiple sites that will each need a graph hopefully all in the same report with each monitor site on a different page. My table that the graph is running off of is set up wi...

public folder calendar not working properly
recently added a new user for a small company that I work with. Everything seems to work fine for her except for the public calendar. When she tries to open up and edit an appointment that someone else has created she gets an access is denied, you don't have permissions error. >From what I can see it appears that she has the correct permissions though. Also, if I try to check the properties on the public folder itself I get an error stating that the http service isn't available or the information store might not be mounted, but both services are running. ...

Double click xlsname in explorer doesn't work.
My recent foray into automating excel via its com interface went fine as far as the program is concerned. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way I've messed up its ability to function interactively from my desktop. In particular, when I double click on a xls file in Windows explorer, excel starts up with the message "Windows cannot find "+ the name of the xls in question or a similar dialog with a "Microsoft Excel" caption which reads "<xyz> could not be found. Check... ", where xyz is a garbled form of the name of the directory in which the xls i...

Your password was rejected!
I have just recently started migrating from Novell to Microsoft. In this move we went from GroupWise to Outlook Express 6. Now I am moving people over and I have come upon this problem about 20% of the time. When I get done setting the user up, pointing him to POP3 server, giving his E-Mail account and etc. I get this error message when I click send and recieve? (There was a problem logging on to your server. Your password was rejected. Account: 'hrc2003', Server: 'hrc2003', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Logon Failure', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,...

Script Exchange Task Wizard to prompt...
Does anyone if there is a way to script the Exchange Task Wizard on a mailbox creation? Currently we use a VBscript to create our users and their mailboxes. This script reads their AD description attribute and then creates their mailbox in the appropriate mailstore based on that. I would like to move away from as we are soon to be implementing a clustered exchange solution with three SG's in lieu of a single SG with four mailstores. Basically, I want to modify my create user/mailbox script to ask me what SG I want to create the mailbox in. Is this possible? If so, how would I go...

Automate SQL Script
Can somebody tell me how I can convert/write the below SQL script in a Transact SQL script so I can use the Windows task scheduler to automatically run the below SQL script from a batch file every so often? (It copies the matrix attribute to the Item subdescription fields, since MS broke this functionality with their 2.0 upgrade and is STILL working on a solution for this problem): update item set subdescription1 = b.detail1 from item a, itemclasscomponent b where ((a.id = b.itemid) and (subdescription1 <> b.detail1)) update item set subdescription2 = b.detail2 from item a, itemcla...

RNDIS generic driver is loaded but not working
I load the RNDIS (Microsoft supplied) drivers on WinXP. The INF file was previously (and automatically) copied to Windows\INF directory as "oem14.inf". When I plug-in the device, in the Device Manager, I see 2 devices like "RNDIS Gadget" & "RNDIS Gadget #2". Both of them give "The device can not start. (Code 10)". The USB device never gets the RNDIS_INITIALIZE_MSG message. In fact, after lots of GetDesc , SetAddr and more GetDesc, the last control message it receives is GetDescriptor (String type) which was successfull. What to do next ...

Unable to 'organize favorites' due to IE script error
> When I click on 'organize favorites' below 'add to favorites', I get this > error message: > Windows Internet Explorer > Script Error > Error:Automation Server can't create object > Page:favorites.htm?folder= > Call Stack: > > - box with OK - > > While this is displayed, the term 'loading' is on the otherwise blank page > (under the headers), just scrolling... it never goes anywhere. Can't > navigate away from the page; must completely close the browser page. > > My hard drive is almost full & I...

Ctrl-F6 not working
I just uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003. Before, when I had multiple Word and Excel files open, I could move between them swiftly withing that program only using Ctrl-F6. But now, Ctrl-F6 is not working. All I can do is use Alt-Tab, which is more time-consuming, as I must move between EVERYTHING in all programs open. How do I get Ctrl-F6 to work in Office again? You could try Help, Detect and Repair. But I wonder if you have installed some 3rd party software that is intercepting the the CTRL+F6 so that Office is not receiving it? Mike Row Soft wrote: > I jus...