Hi,

I am creating a window in dexterity similar to the item transaction entry
window (Transactions>Inventory> Transaction Entry).
 In the Item transaction Entry window, the Document number field defaults to
the next document number when we move the focus to that field.
I wanted to know if there is any function , or table that i can access to
get the next document number in the new window that i am creating.

Thanks,
swetha
--
swetha

>In the Item transaction Entry window, the Document number field defaults to
the next document number when we move the focus to that field.<

This is not entirely correct. The Document Number field defaults to the next
document number according to the value selected in the Document Type DDL. It
only so happens that the Document Type DDL is set by default to Adjustment.

Also the answer to your question will depend on a number of factors, but
most importantly, whether you are following Dynamics GP development
standards, such as a Handle Changes field script, using Temp Control Numbers,
a Display Existing Record field script, etc.

If you are using a document type DDL, this will get you close:

{--- increment the document number to be saved to Module Setup ---}
if 'IV Document Type' = IV_DOC_TYPE_ADJUSTMENT then
	set '(L) Next Adj Document Number' to '(L) Temp Control Number';
	call IV_Number_Inc_Dec,
			'(L) Next Adj Document Number',
			true,
			l_success;
else
	set '(L) Next Var Document Number' to '(L) Temp Control Number';
	call IV_Number_Inc_Dec,
			'(L) Next Var Document Number',
			true,
			l_success;
end if;
if not l_success then
	call Warning_Dialog,20132,"","","";
	clear 'IV Document Number';
	set '(L) OkToContinue' to false;
	abort script;
end if;

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"SKR" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating a window in dexterity similar to the item transaction entry
> window (Transactions>Inventory> Transaction Entry).
>  In the Item transaction Entry window, the Document number field defaults to
> the next document number when we move the focus to that field.
> I wanted to know if there is any function , or table that i can access to
> get the next document number in the new window that i am creating.
>
> Thanks,
> swetha
> --
> swetha
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

getting the x-axis value through VBA
Hi All, I am facing some peculiar problem. I need to find the first x-axis datapoint value from the chart through VBA. That is finding the categoryvalue of datapoint for x -axis. Is their any function avilable in VBA. Thanxs in advance Syam It works like this: Sub GetXValue ' declare a variant to hold the array of X values Dim XVals as Variant ' declare another variant to hold the category Dim X As Variant ' populate the array XVals = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues ' get the value you need X = XVals(1) ' output the value Debug.Print...

reg frag
Guys I want to make mspaint the default application for opening bmp files on a machine basis, what reg key do i need to edit? Thanks Right click a bmp and select Open With. Then select Paint and select always open with -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Scott" <scott@bt.com> wrote in message news:KCkrn.25638$7o6.2778@newsfe27.ams2... > Guys I want to make mspaint the default application for opening bmp files on a > machine basis, what reg key do i...

sequential number
I want to a sequential number to fill in automatically each time the form is filled out. Malissa, A simple way would be to use something like this, you could assign it to a button, an open or before print event. Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others...

How to import ole fields to a SQL Server db
Hi, I have an access db. In a table I have an ole field where I have lots of Word Docs stored. I need to pass all the Access database data to a new SQL Server database, but I have a problem, the word docs... It seems that Access put an header to the docs stored in its ole field, but I can't find it. Anyone can help me? Thank you in advance Roberto Cerulli Hi Roberto, Yes, documents stored in an Access OLE field don't consist just of the contents of the file but also include a wrapper with information about the parent application of the document and usually a preview image. I don...

Field Service substitution?
Hi there, Was wondering if there is any product that goes with Dynamics GP that is better than Field Service module for tracking and billing software maintenance renewals? This current one really leaves a lot to be desired! It calculates a renewal of less than a year, (a prorated period) as a whole years worth at renewal time! It uses the whole amount and populates it into the total, instead of using the monthly amount, as a key element. In other words, its a lot more manual tracking of information to keep customers billed the correct rates, and on one renewal than seems necessary,...

Is microsoft getting away from MSMQ?
My boss said that microsoft is getting away with MSMQ. I want the feedback from you experts .... Plz comment .... "Mubashir Khan" <mubi@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O9shBj5IHHA.1044@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My boss said that microsoft is getting away with MSMQ. I want the feedback > from you experts .... Although it doesn't have anything to do with MFC... http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/msmqfaq.mspx See question #2 -Pete I've heard a lot of seriously bad bug reports so I hope there has been major rework in Vista.....

Make positive number negitive
Budget is our income and sometimes this is positive. I need to make this column in a query all negitive values. I am using the IIf function but it is not working. Budget: [budget_amount] IIf ([budget_amount] >=0, [budget_amount]*-1, [budget_amount]) or is there another function I could use? On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:18:00 -0700, Tamm Fox wrote: > Budget is our income and sometimes this is positive. I need to make this > column in a query all negitive values. > > I am using the IIf function but it is not working. > > Budget: [budget_amount] IIf ([budget_amount] &g...

i received a file that reads powerpoint document file file exten.
HOW DO I OPEN THIS FILE Hi if you dont' have powerpoint you can download a view off the microsoft website (www.microsoft.com) ... do a search there for "powerpoint viewer" - you will find 2, one for 97/2000/2002 users and one for 2003 users Regards JulieD "CCAROLACEREC" <CCAROLACEREC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65940EB0-C58D-40D7-A5AD-9AE6DF037FD7@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I OPEN THIS FILE ...

QSSession Rules & during a live transaction getting the item
I am developing a hook and one of the TRANSACTION class has a ENTRIES method which allows you to use ELEMENTS for example mySession.Transaction.Entries.Element(1).Description works just fine and so does everything else, but the mySession.Transaction.Entries.Element(1).Item does not work and I think it is because this has a different datatype than a string or an integer so I can not get it to work or read anything for the ..Item part of my hook. Any ideas or suggestions of where to go with this? Thank you. ClothingStore wrote: > Any ideas or suggestions of where to go with this? > T...

Get a list of subscribers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CA9DD1.1C1E3D70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Is there a way to get a list of subscribers by querying the publisher? = I'm not able to redirect the out put of sp_helpsubscriberinfo SP to a = temp table! As an alternative I can do it with by running this query against = distribution database select * from distribution.dbo.MSsubscriber_info But in our prod environement distribution database is hosted on separate = servers a...

Get the filename
I want to automate import of textfiles which have different names each time. How do I let the user select file and use that in my code? In Excel I can use GetOpenFilename, what is the equivalent in Access. Christer On 28 feb, 13:11, Christer <Chris...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to automate import of textfiles which have different names each time. > How do I let the user select file and use that in my code? In Excel I can use > GetOpenFilename, what is the equivalent in Access. > > Christer You can use a code like below to do this. Dim Pa...

maximum number of rows that can be coppied to clipboard
is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a table? using access 2002 on XP, Roland wrote: > is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a > table? using access 2002 on XP, I have Access 2003 when I tried to copy a table with 70,000 records it said the limit was about 65,000. gls858 65536 -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "Roland" <Roland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF98F875-56C6-4C22-8695-D8CFBE47D12E@microsoft.com... > is there a...

Page Number Fuction
Is there a function that will show the current page number in a cell? I am looking for a fuction similar to the ROW() or the COLUMN() fuction but with the page number. Depending on my settings in "page setup", this number should change according to the current page number that it is displayed on. I know there must be a way to do this because you can do it in the footer. Thanks Chris Chris http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2004/12/22/page-of-pages-in-a-cell/ Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:15:03 -0800, ChrisA <ChrisA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

How do i get lines on a line graph?
I am trying to plot a number of series of data on the same graph. It i experimental data with 'time' as the x axis. Measurements of th experimental data were taken at 4 hour intervals, but they were not al started at the same time. This means that the values of time in th table must increment by 1 but there will not be an experimental valu for each hour because a measurement was not taken. This is the tabl of data. 16 2.0 0.8 17 2.1 0.8 18 2.6 0.9 19 20 1.7 0.7 21 1.6 0.7 22 2.2 0.7 23 24 1.0 0.6 25 1.2 0.6 26 2.0 0.6 27 28 ...

Field in Relationship Loses BackStyle When Filtering Records
Access 2007. This is driving me crazy and I'll have a difficult time explaining, but here goes. Using a one-top-many between 2 fields: tblProductType.ProductTypeID (Left Column) tblHomeInv.ProductTypeID (Right Column) I have several other relationships with the same results. The odd one out is a relationship that I deleted and made several other changes to and this anomaly doesn't occur now. I haven't the slightest idea what I did to correct the problem. Inpatients got the best of me. The ProductTypeID in tblProductType is set up as a cbo to select the Product type forth record. h...

OWA
When using OWA - cannot type in any portion of the message field. Applies to both new messages and reply to received messages. Small 'button' with "X" in upper left corner seems to provide no function. Left click non functional- right click pulldown menu provides some functions but nothing relevant to problem. Subject field DOES accept characters OK & is only means to send memos at present. Solutions or ideas welcome. Thanks Try posting this to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Urgent Problem with Number Column
I am new to EXCEL 2003, and I have this problem, so if you can give me an answer, please explain in easy English. I have a column with consecutive numbers that I use to sort with (1 to 8000). However, for some reason some of the numbers have ended up with decimal points, others are facing left, and still others are aligned to the right. I want to format the entire column so the numbers are just that, numbers, so I can sort and resort this column. How do I do this? Select the column, Format/Cells/Number tag, choose number! Stefi "Rebecca" wrote: > I am new to EXCEL 20...

how to get the alternative text of pic from an excel file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C830E9.75B4DE40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable i have an excel file containg alot of photos , how can i get the = alternative text of all these photos , the there any function can help . = or any way=20 Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C830E9.75B4DE40 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML dir=...

Cannot change routing number for bank and checkbook
I had a routing number change for the bank I was using in Dynamics. When I go into the bank card and the checkbook card, the routing number is there, but will not allow me to edit it. I need to change this in order to download my bank statement activity through Advanced Bank Reconciliation. Is there a script I have to run to change this number in the database, or is there a way to do it from the user interface that I can't find? I already saw the EFT solution, but I am not using EFT, I am using Advanced Bank Reconciliation. Thanks! Brad, You will most likely need to contact No...

Can't get Speak method to work
I've been trying to get the Speak Method to work as advertised in the following HELP example: Sub UseSpeech() Application.Speech.Speak "Hello" End Sub It gives me a runtime error 1004 "Application-defined or Object-defined error" I'm using Excel 2003 with XP. Anybody have any ideas?? thanks application.Speech.Speak ("hello") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Ken Soenen" <ksoenen@trip.net> wrote in message news:11mbafl87su2bcd@corp.supernews.com... > I've been trying to get the Speak Method to work as advertised in the...

getting an outlook guru
Is it possible to get a consulting company to gain remote access to our office computer to setup a html signature that is not working properly. The logo has an 'x' and isnt being displayed. My usual tech remote logged in and couldnt fix the problem evenknow the settings are the same on the other office computers. the version is outlook 03. did you make sure the temp internet and securetemp folders are empty? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipst...

Subproject .reg file
Hi, what's the purpose of the .reg file when you create a subproject? I added some entries to this file and when I execute the application, I thought the items should show up in system registry. Some did and some did not. I assumed those that did perhaps had some system default but not sure. Is this true? Do I need to use some key words to make them get initialized or do i have to create & populate manually? The contents of the subproject .reg file will end up in the OS, of course you need to build the OS after making changes. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engin...

Get the counting of something to get unique info
Hello, Is it possible to obtain the number of unique occurences by some ways if I have the information as follows on three columns: No City Postal Code 1234 BRAMPTON GGG 3412 TORONTO HHH 3412 TORONTO HHH 1452 YORK UUU 5623 LONDON YYY I would like to have two results that looks like this: Number of suppliers for Postal Code HHH = 1 (not 2) Number of suppliers = 4 (not 5) Thanks, gmore Count all uniques =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A20<>"")/COUNTIF(A2:A20,A2:A20&"")) All unique HHH =COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF...

Why I get error code c2440
Hi Everybody, Iwould apprecite it if you could help. Allen. //Why I got the following error message? for the 4th line: // error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from //'long (*)[3]' to 'long *' Types pointed //to are unrelated; conversion requires // reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or //function-style cast #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { const int max = 4; //(1) const int max2 = 3; //(2) long *pprime; //(3) pprime = new long[max][max2]; //(4) return 0; } Change line 3 in your example to: long (*pprime)[max2]; //(3) ma...

Getting info from closed Excel files
Hi, I have a number of excel files that my sales team use for forecasting and it would be great to have a single file where I could pull in all the information to. All the forecast sheets are the same so I know the cells that I want to pull in and I would even know the names. I'm using Office 2007 with Vista. Your help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks Steve Hi, You have to have the sheet open to get the data from it. The following is as seamless a way as I can think of to leave the user unaware of this: Sub test() Application.ScreenUpdating = Fa...