Hi,

I am creating a window in dexterity similar to the item transaction entry
window (Transactions>Inventory> Transaction Entry).
 In the Item transaction Entry window, the Document number field defaults to
the next document number when we move the focus to that field.
I wanted to know if there is any function , or table that i can access to
get the next document number in the new window that i am creating.

Thanks,
swetha
--
swetha

>In the Item transaction Entry window, the Document number field defaults to
the next document number when we move the focus to that field.<

This is not entirely correct. The Document Number field defaults to the next
document number according to the value selected in the Document Type DDL. It
only so happens that the Document Type DDL is set by default to Adjustment.

Also the answer to your question will depend on a number of factors, but
most importantly, whether you are following Dynamics GP development
standards, such as a Handle Changes field script, using Temp Control Numbers,
a Display Existing Record field script, etc.

If you are using a document type DDL, this will get you close:

{--- increment the document number to be saved to Module Setup ---}
if 'IV Document Type' = IV_DOC_TYPE_ADJUSTMENT then
	set '(L) Next Adj Document Number' to '(L) Temp Control Number';
	call IV_Number_Inc_Dec,
			'(L) Next Adj Document Number',
			true,
			l_success;
else
	set '(L) Next Var Document Number' to '(L) Temp Control Number';
	call IV_Number_Inc_Dec,
			'(L) Next Var Document Number',
			true,
			l_success;
end if;
if not l_success then
	call Warning_Dialog,20132,"","","";
	clear 'IV Document Number';
	set '(L) OkToContinue' to false;
	abort script;
end if;

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"SKR" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating a window in dexterity similar to the item transaction entry
> window (Transactions>Inventory> Transaction Entry).
>  In the Item transaction Entry window, the Document number field defaults to
> the next document number when we move the focus to that field.
> I wanted to know if there is any function , or table that i can access to
> get the next document number in the new window that i am creating.
>
> Thanks,
> swetha
> --
> swetha
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

I keep getting two of each email. Why?
I keep getting two of the same email in my inbox, even though the sender only sent it once. One reason could be you have a misbehaving Anti-virus e-mail scanning add-in. If so, reinstall your A-V without enabling that option. war439 wrote: > I keep getting two of the same email in my inbox, even though the sender only > sent it once. Sometimes messages are duplicated when a PDA is synchronized or when messages are downloaded from an online email account. There are add-ons available to eliminate duplicates. Check Outlook help under "Duplicate Email". &qu...

getting clicks on CListCtrl in CView?
hello, I have added a clistctrl to my cview but need to get when a user clicks and double clicks an item in it. Can someone tell me how to do this, or point me in the direction of finding out? Thanks D >I have added a clistctrl to my cview but need to get when a user >clicks and double clicks an item in it. >Can someone tell me how to do this, or point me in the direction of >finding out? Handle the NM_CLICK/NM_DBLCLK notifications. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

How do i get a combo box to enter data in a table from a form?
I want to use a form for data entry. Within that form I have two combo boxes to look up recurring data. When I select an item and expect it to write to another table it does not. What must i do to accomplish this? You'll need to tell us more details about your form's setup and the tables' designs. Your question suggests, though, that you may be storing data redundantly in your database, which usually is unnecessary and may be a source of future data integrity problems. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Joe Owens" <Joe Owens@discussions.microsoft.c...

Unable to get workgroup mail since installing XP SP2
I am running Windows XP Home edition with Outlook XP and have workgroupmail as my mail server. I access the workgroupmail's POP account with a local IP address and all was fine until I installed XP service pack 2. When I now test the account settings I get "The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server, please verify that the port and SSL information is correct". If I plug in my ISP's POP and SMTP address then I can log on fine. This is your standard ports on 110 and 25, if XP had blocked these ports I would have thought that I would not be ...

Proper way to disable accounts, so that you dont get 9548 Event Lo
What is the proper way to disable accounts, so that you dont get 9548 Event Log entry. This needs to be as simple as possible for help desk operators. The "proper" way to disable an account is how you are currently doing it. Right-click, disable. The 9548 is a *by-product* of disabling an account. What is your goal here? Getting rid of the 9548 messages? Or having a disabled account act as it should? If you simply want to get rid of the 9548 messages, after disabling the account, the SELF right must be granted Read and Full Mailbox Access, under the Exchange Advanced, Mai...

Calculated field in pivot tables
Hi Can a defined 'Name' be used in a calculated field? You can't use names, or cell references in a calculated field. nc wrote: > Hi > > Can a defined 'Name' be used in a calculated field? > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Too many fields for reports seen to handle
To any one that can help, I have this report that was created through PDF, which is then downloaded into my Access 2003 database. All this works great. However this report has two columns for each question, seven sections with about 10 questions per section. I think that you many be able to see where I am going with this. What I have been asked to do is create ONE form that has all the questions and fields. I tried to do it all in one query, which of course is over 255 columns, I tried doing sub forms for each section, however what I get is all of section one followed by all of section 2 etc...

FROM field when sending messages
How do I get a FROM field to come up when I am sending or forwarding messages? The only options that come up are TO, CC, and SUBJECT. Before XP was installed on my computer, a FROM field came up as well, so I could send messages on my bosses' behalf. While composing, View--From Field Ray at work "Tammy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021f01c39cb1$2fa2d1d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get a FROM field to come up when I am sending or > forwarding messages? The only options that come up are > TO, CC, and SUBJECT. Before XP was...

How to convert number to text
Hi, Need your professional guys' help. How can I conver specific inot specific text in excel table, not only one data. I had used "TEXT" function, EX: =TEXT(2,"good"). It was work but only applied on one data input. My Question is: 1) How can I apply server "TEXT" functions into one Excel sheet at one click? Thanks in advance. Hi why not use 'Edit - Replace' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Goody" <Goody@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8957703A-8D72-42B8-9356-7519492FC4DA@microsoft.com... &g...

How do I get numbers on a colum to stay as I typed them on an exc.
I created a workbook with information to be used for merging to a letter. I created a heading colum to read "HOURS" and entered the numbers as 1:23. When I merged the files, the information showed at 1:23:00 A.M. How do I correct this on my workbook excel file or on the Word document? I do not want the numbers to be changed to time. Please help!!!!!! There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx Desperate School Secretary...

Bug in documentation of CPoint?
According to page http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_CPoint_Class_Members.asp there is no way for the user to retrieve the values of members x and y of a CPoint object. Both I and some Microsoft employees hate programs that depend on undocumented behaviour, such as a test program which I just wrote. Will data members be added to this MSDN page? Hi Norman, >there is no way for the user to retrieve the values of members >x and y of a CPoint object. >... yes, the corresponding MSDN documentation misses the entries of the CPoint'...

Styles
I am trying to set up a legal document using multi-level numbering (article, section, etc.). The numbering needs to be attached to Heading, 1, Heading 2, etc. to create a TOC. However, the second level (i.e. section) needs to appear on the same line as the following text. If I use hidden text to hide the paragraph marker between Section and text, I lose my numbering. Not having much luck with the style separator either. Any help would be appreciated. -- B Which version of Word? If you are using W2007 or W2003, the numbering should stay whether you use the the style sepa...

Search ALL fields of Contact record, rather than just 'File As'
I received a call from a person but couldn't indentify the individual, so I searched for the phone number. As it turns out, it seems that the default search looks at only the 'File As' field. Can I change the default search to search All Contact Fields rather than just 'File As' fields? ...

Let's get some ideas rolling here
Which Publisher features would you like to learn more about? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Templates for finding jobs? -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ceadnSNoWoA0JRrfRVn-rQ@suscom.com... > Which Publisher features would you like to learn more about? > > -- > > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher] > > > > JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Which P...

LDAP port number
I have a Windows 2000 server with exchange 5.5. I would like to know is it possible to change windows 2000 server LDAP server port number 389 to some other port as I would like to leave my exchange 5.5 LDAP port number as 389? ray3d84 ...

Drawing in Print preview document
How do I draw in a clipped window on a MFC print preview? I need this for reports. The report should hold frames (lines), a window for drawing and text and several windows for text only. I tried with SelectClipRgn() but this only selects where not to draw. I want to clip outside a rectangle. What I need is either: a way to Create fixed windows in a print preview or a function whichs sets the Clip so that drawings/text are clipped outside the wanted area. best regards Laurs I don't get it, after you use SelectClipRgn the DC will only draw in the corrdinates that were specified in...

Customization QSRules TransactionEntry Class how to get ItemLookup
mySession.Transaction.Entries.Element(1).Description returns the description but I can not find a means to get the ItemLookupCode, actually I am after the SubDescription1 on the inventory card. Seems like you should be able to access othe item info at this time. Here it is. 1) Add a reference to QSRules.dll 2) Dim iKey As Integer Dim qsItem As QSRules.TransactionItem ikey = mySession.Transaction.Entries.Count qsItem = mySession.Transaction.Entries.Element(iKey).item .... = qsItem.xxx "adsbarb" wrote: > mySession.Transaction.Entries.Element...

Force Users to Change Password at Next Logon
We are setting up Exchange 2003 Ent. Ed. running on Windows 2003 Ent. in a 2 node cluster (A/P). We have a number of remote users who will only access Exchange via OWA. We are not upgrading from a previous version of exchange. Due to our security requirements we need to force users to change their password at their next logon and at regular intervals (every 90 days). We can access OWA fine however when we set force user to change password at next logon on a test user, that test user cannot logon let alone be forced to change their password. Any ideas?? Thanks Garrett Felix, M.S. An ...

How can I write a formula for: cell=+1*number of selections
In E23, I have the following formula: =IF(AND(OR(E7="E-120-D",E8="E-120-D",E9="E-120-D",E10="E-120-D",E11="E-120-D",E12="E-120-D",E13="E-120-D",E14="E-120-D",E15="E-120-D",E16="E-120-D"),OR(E6="38X12",E6="40X12",E6="42X12",E6="44X12",E6="46X12",E6="48X12",E6="50X12",E6="52X12",E6="54X12",E6="56X12",E6="58X12",E6="60X12",E6="62X12",E6="64X12",E6="66X12&...

Outlook Import doesn't recognize user-defined fields #2
Hi, I created a user folder, and then modified/published the Task form, adding some user-defined fields. Next, I want to import a bunch of records from an Access 97 file (our old task list is in Access, and I'm tryin to migrate it to Outlook). Problem is, the Outlook import does not seem to be aware of either my custom form, or the user-defined fields. It imports some of the data (fields which have the same name as Outlook standard fields such as "Subject" and "Due Date" do show up in the import results), but the newly-imported records show up on the standard Outlook...

How do I search for repeated numbers in same column
What do you want to do with them when found? Chip Pearson has some info on finding and flagging duplicates. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:33:01 -0700, MB <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

How do I number rows automatically?
I want to add an automatic (ie self-changing) numbering column to worksheet. I would like the left most column to have anumer if th next column to the right has text, and then add 1 number to that colum for each subsequent row. An eg: 1. Joe Blow 123 Main st 2. Sara Silver, 221 Green Ave 3. Fred Red, 444 Bloacl Blvd. where if I add text to the next 1st name column, the next number i automatically fillled or if I delete the row with Sara Silver, then th next ro read: 2. Fred Red etc I have tried using the formulas and the help, but to no avail. Thanks for your assistance. A -- Message poste...

database to edit multiple sections of different documents
Hello everyone, Post is kinda long but I really need some help on this one. Any input that can be provided would be great. here is what is going on. For my job i have to edit multiple statements of work. these are documents that have different sections describing the work i will do for a client. Usually when i change one section in a document i have to open up 10 other documents and copy and paste the same verbiage into a section within those documents. this process is getting very time consuming. I had a great idea the other day and started to create a access database that essentially...

Word forms and repeating data in fields within same document.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I'm new to MS office and I'm trying to do something which I would think should be relatively easy in Word but I don't know if it's possible. <br><br>I want to create a multipage form/document that tracks data that representing client's progress over several weeks. The first page of the document would represent the first day I see the client. I fill out some demographics in text and pulldown menus and take some baseline measurements as well that would be placed in a table. On day...

Saving document fails due to document being open