Reference to Knowledge base article 849972

Hi:

We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in
our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times
not.

Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8
service pack 4a this fix is not availabe.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a3e3dc3f-eaa1-44f1-89a6-3ec05db15690&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Farooqi (5)

Hi Naseer

Please log a support case and reference the KB article.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;849972

The more customers and cases linked to the bug, and the better the business
case requesting this to be fixed, the more chance we (MBS Support) have of
pushing its priority up.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Naseer Farooqi" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in
> our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times
> not.
>
> Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8
> service pack 4a this fix is not availabe.
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a3e3dc3f-eaa1-44f1-89a6-3ec05db15690&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
7/3/2006 12:39:01 AM
Hi David:

I can create a support case for this but Microsoft will charge me $169.00
for that even it is not a support case which we don't know, this is a bug
which needed to be fixed by the Microsoft.

Thanks

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Naseer
>
> Please log a support case and reference the KB article.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;849972
>
> The more customers and cases linked to the bug, and the better the business
> case requesting this to be fixed, the more chance we (MBS Support) have of
> pushing its priority up.
>

> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Naseer Farooqi" wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in
> > our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times
> > not.
> >
> > Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8
> > service pack 4a this fix is not availabe.
> >

> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a3e3dc3f-eaa1-44f1-89a6-3ec05db15690&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
Hi Nasser

You will not be charged for a support incident if it is related to a bug.

"Naseer Farooqi" wrote:

> Hi David:
>
> I can create a support case for this but Microsoft will charge me $169.00
> for that even it is not a support case which we don't know, this is a bug
> which needed to be fixed by the Microsoft.
>
> Thanks
>

> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Naseer
> >
> > Please log a support case and reference the KB article.
> >
> > https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;849972
> >
> > The more customers and cases linked to the bug, and the better the business
> > case requesting this to be fixed, the more chance we (MBS Support) have of
> > pushing its priority up.
> >

> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > Escalation Engineer
> > MBS Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> >
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Naseer Farooqi" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi:
> > >
> > > We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in
> > > our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times
> > > not.
> > >
> > > Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8
> > > service pack 4a this fix is not availabe.
> > >

> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a3e3dc3f-eaa1-44f1-89a6-3ec05db15690&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Cell Value as Named Range Reference
Little bit of a quirky question... Trying to use a cell value as a reference in a formula, where that cell value is the name of a named range. So, assume A1:A3 is a named range: Rng1. And, B1:B3 is Rng2. I want to get the correlation vale for A1:A3 and B1:B3 So, cell D1 contains "Rng1" and D2 has "Rng2"; and cell D3 has the formula: =correl(D1,D2). But I get an error. Have also tried using Indirect to no avail. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you. =CORREL(INDIRECT(D1),INDIRECT(D2)) -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "ste...

Filling out list based on other lists
I have a workbook with 3 sheets. Sheet 1 is the design and dimensions where the information is gathered. Sheet 2 is a complete material list with blank quantities. Sheet 3 is lists based lengths and widths that will be gathered on Sheet 1. Here is an example of one of the lists on Sheet 3. Length Quantity 11 24 12 27 13 29 14 31 15 33 16 35 17 38 18 40 19 42 20 44 So on Sheet 1 the Length is entered into a text box. What I need to be able to do is take the Length, say 16, entered into that text box on sheet 1, have it reference this list ...

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.
Dear All, apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what 'search terms' to put in google to return any results.. I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet) to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet), tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move location, just the data within them.. Is it possible? Regards Paul. On your sheet1 select the cell that should receive the data from Sheet12; Hold down the Shift key and Click on Sheet11 << this shoul...

refering to a name range area as a reference value multiple times on a worksheet at different locations
i was wondering if i had posted this in the right section as it could apply to both please could you take a look at the following post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_thread/thread/f088a5737dd26570 thank you Is there some reason you can't post your question here instead of asking us to look elsewhere? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Blinds Nottingham" <bradrail.blinds.awnings@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:d8768e43-e035-45eb-856a-0ccdc843441d@g1g2000yqi.googlegroup...

What is IVA# in Distribution Reference and Reference?
We did an inventory adjustment and now we get a unknown amount in Debit under the Inventory account and Credit for COGS account in the Transaction Entry Zoom. We're trying to figure out where that amount came from but we couldn't zoom more than what it's currently shown. In both fields, Reference and Distribution Reference, it's shown IVA#######... that is unknown to or setup by us in anywhere, i.e. Audit Trail, Source Document. Does this amount affect the dollar in the accounts mentioned? And can anyone please help to where we could drill down the IVA details?...

Report based on a record
How can I make a report, when it's opened, ask for user input? I need to have the user select a name from a list & report on that name's record. Is this done in the query for the report or the report itself? Thank You Don I almost always open a form first that has a control for the user to select or enter the criteria value(s). Then I add a button to open the report. There is sample code for this at http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0002.htm. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "blanch2010" wrote: > How can I make a report, when it...

macro button refers to prev. workbook?
Hi, When I create a macro in Excel, and assign a button to it, it works fine the first time, but when I re-open the workbook for a second time, and try to run the macro again, the macro seems to refer to the previous workbook...For some reason, the macro saves the name of the previous workbook... Sub test() ' Dim name As String Dim adress As String Sheets("sheet1").Select Range("A1").Select name = ActiveSheet.Range("B6").Value adress = ActiveSheet.Range("B4").Value ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Temp...

Column and Row reference
How do i hide the column and row reference number in a sheet, when viewing the worksheet i do not to show the top and right hand side references Dave Tools>Options>View. Uncheck "row and column headers". Good idea to spend a few minutes browsing through the various Tools>Options tabs to see what else is available to toggle on/off. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:53:02 -0700, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do i hide the column and row reference number in a sheet, when viewing the worksheet i do not to show the top an...

Missing References
I had a problem today with a missing reference - Microsoft Forms 2 on a colleague's machine at work (Office 2003; VBA 6.5; XP). I've read Chip Pearson's "Missing References in VBA" which is a geat explanation about how to fix problems like this. Oddly the library didn't seem to be flagged as "missing" and was in fact present in the system32 directory but didn't show up in the list of available references. Now to the questions: I'm not clear on whether if I write code in a project that references a library which is not part of the &qu...

Reference
Is it possible to create a reference to another object such as: int & x = i; but using an image list, and referencing different objects depending on a condition? such as : CImageList & imageList; if (thumbnail == 1) imageList = m_ImageListThumb; else imageList = m_ImageListFullSize; Hope this makes sense! Ben You're better off using pointers for this. I believe, depending on the class, that what you're trying to will make a copy of the object instead of referencing it. "Ben Williamson" <oakdaleclose@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:43ee4603...

colored message list based on flag color
Hi, I want the messages to be appear in the same color as the flag color. Is it possible in Outlook 2003 on Windows XP? Cheers, Ashish The message header in the inbox list? You could create a custom view to change the text colors. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2003/20030911.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www....

Which function to use? Trying to ref a cell based on another.
I'm starting to get confused by the vocabulary in Excel. I'm not necessarily looking for someone to just give me a solution to my problem. I'd just like some advice on which functions I should be reading up on. I'm still a newbie to the formulas. If Excel would let me, the closest I could express what I'm trying to do is something like this. =IF(A3=sheet2!A$:A$, sheet2!H$:H$ Of course this doesn't work b/c I don't know what I'm doing. I know this is simple to some of you gurus out there, everybody starts somewhere. To explain what I'm trying to...

Excel base year add up escalation problem....
Hi, I am making a potential real estate investment model and I would like help with a specific formula. I am having trouble showing the increase in operating expense escalations (from my expense table cf) for new leases (difference between current to base year -> the year the tenant entered office to the following years escalations). In the end, I want to show the total amount ($) of the escalations for the tenants entering vacant space and space being renewed (which will be the same formula(. The info needed for this is: the" actual expense" which is lets say for Q1 is the ope...

Populate a cell based on adjacent cell
I have a worksheet that contains outgoing call data. The first column is the Group Number column, so each record begins with this group number. I've inserted a column to the left of the Group Number column. I want to populate it with a textual Group Name based on that the number in the adjacent cell. For example, currently I have: Group 1 | some data | some data | some data | Group 1 | some data | some data | some data | Group 1 | some data | some data | some data | Group 2 | some data | some data | some data | Group 2 | some data | some data | some data | What I want is this: Group...

Sum based on criteria in rows and columns
I have a sheet of data which runs horizontally containing 12 months of data. I need a formula which will lookup criteria horizontally as well as vertically and return the summed value of all occurences. So I would like it to sum all instances of FR and abc when row 1 equals Nov-05 and row 2 equals OOH. A B C D 1 Nov-05 Nov-05 2 REP CUST OOH VALUE 3 FR abc 100 300 4 FR abc 200 100 5 JPZ def 300 200 6 JPZ def 100 300 7 JPZ ghi 200 100 8 JPZ ghi 300 200 Thank you in advance, Esther =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A20="FR")*(B2:B20="abc")*(C1:Z1=--"2005-11-05&quo...

Search through a data base with multiple parameters
I have two data bases, from a ground investigation which look like that: DB#1 (a) Borehole (b) Depth from (c) Depth to (d) Soil Type 1 BH1 0m 2m Sand 2 BH1 2m 4m Clay 3 BH1 4m 7m Gravel 4 BH2 0m 1.5m Sand 5 BH2 1.5m 5m Clay 6 BH2 5m 8m Gravel DB#2 (a...

Sheet Reference
Is there a formula for listing the current Sheet. I know about the filename cell("filename",A1) which returns the entire path, but I just want the Sheet name to appear. John, You still use the CELL("filename") function, but you need to trim the result a bit. Like this: =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,99) -- Ture Magnusson Microsoft MVP - Excel Karlstad, Sweden "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c6001c3a856$291c9a20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a formula for listing...

Macro to Reference Column Next to Current Reference
Hi, I'd like to automate the following procedure using a macro. Please help. 1) i have 2 sheets: Sheet1 & Sheet2 2) In Sheet1, Cells B2,D2,F2 has the formulas "=Sheet2! F2", "=Sheet2!K2", "=Sheet2!P2" correspondingly. 3) Every month when i do my work, i'd have to manually rekey the formulas to reference the subsequent columns, ie, Cell B2,D2,F2 will change from above to "=Sheet2! G2", "=Sheet2!L2", "=Sheet2!Q2" and in the following month, I have to change manually again to "=Sheet2! H2", "=Sheet2!M2&qu...

enable/disable text box based on 3 combos
hi i have 3 combos (user chooses Yes or No from a drop down) and a text field that is disabled by default and i'm trying to enable if either one of these 3 combos has "NO" value. So here is what i have and it's not working so far. Private Sub Form_current() If Me.Combo1 = "NO" Then Me.Text.Enabled = True Else If Me.Combo2 = "NO" Then Me.Text.Enabled = True Else If Me.Combo3 = "NO" Then Me.Text = True Else Me.Text.Enabled = False End If End If End If End Sub Any suggestions? Thanks Text is a Reserv...

R1C1 reference #2
Excel keeps changing to the R1C1 reference style, but only in one of my workbooks (I believe in just one of the worksheets). I keep changing it back (Tools - Options - General - R1C1 Reference Style), but when I move or copy cells in the workbook, it changes back to R1C1. Anyone have an idea? Look at the TOOLS / OPTIONS / SETTINGS is the 'R1C1 References Style' box checked? If not, check it then save the workbook. Not sure if this is your issue but it's worth a try. Good Luck, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "Tony S" wrote: > Ex...

How do I Shorten Object References?
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Vessel") I'm always referring to this Sheet and Sheet "Operations" I've seen code where people shorten the objects... How exactly do I do that? Dim ws as worksheet set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Vessel") ws.Range("A1").value = "Shorten" "Benjamin" wrote: > ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Vessel") > I'm always referring to this Sheet and Sheet "Operations" > I've seen code where people shorten the objects... > How exactly do I do that? Benjamin, Here's ...

reference to circular reference bug
I just discovered something that looks like a new excel bug: to reproduce behaviour: 1. open a new workbook; 2. activate circular references; 3. enter those formulas: B4 <- formula is =B5 B5 <- formula is =1+SE(B6;0;1) B6 <- formala is =(B5=2) B7 <- formula is =B5 (same as B4!!!) (NB: SE() this is the standard IIF() function in the italian version of excel;) What's wrong: B4 and B7, will display different results even if they contain the same formula. The result displayed depends on the position of the cell conataining the formula: if it is on the left or above B5 the result...

Getting the cell reference
How can I automatically/ continously get the cell reference to the last cell in a particular column, that contains text? Any help would be appreciated! *Thanks. :) * -- DuncanG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DuncanG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16398 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277691 Hi see for various methods depending on your data structure and performance requirements: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html "DuncanG" wrote: >...

Organize Knowledge Base Articles
Is there any way to organize knowledge base articles? I would like to separate them by internal use and external uses. Is this possible? Dave M ...

Greying out form fields based on pickbox.
Is there a way to have a field on a form either be greyed out or not based on the selection from a pickbox. Basically what I want to do is have a pickbox and a datebox. If the pickbox value is a certain value which needs to have a date applied to it then the datebox becomes active. If the pickbox value is not one with a date attached then the datebox stays greyed out. This seems like it would be something that people would want to do so Im sure you can customize it that way. Thanks In the onchange event of the piclklist add some script like: crmForm.all.field_to_disable.Disabled = t...