Reference distribution for Transaction/General

I would like to see Great Plains offer more characters in the reference
distribution when doing a JE.  Or, to offer a reference distribution Line 2
as another option.

My boss wants to see more information on the TB detail report, but we've
used up the reference and the distribution reference for something else.

If this is offered, I'd like to make sure that Integration Manager can
support this.

Thanks,
Who's Calling, Inc
Financial Reporting Manager

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e8c57a82-5045-4549-8ca4-e5b859374173&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
V (85)

I already have this written as a demonstration of VBA using the DUOS.  I am
not sure how it would work with integration manager. I suspect that it will
not work as integration manager does not usually work with modified or
alternate windows.

You can email me on the address (remove the online. first) below if you
would like the code (for v8.0).

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"V" wrote:

> I would like to see Great Plains offer more characters in the reference
> distribution when doing a JE.  Or, to offer a reference distribution Line 2
> as another option.
>
> My boss wants to see more information on the TB detail report, but we've
> used up the reference and the distribution reference for something else.
>
> If this is offered, I'd like to make sure that Integration Manager can
> support this.
>
> Thanks,
> Who's Calling, Inc
> Financial Reporting Manager
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e8c57a82-5045-4549-8ca4-e5b859374173&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Cell Value as Named Range Reference
Little bit of a quirky question... Trying to use a cell value as a reference in a formula, where that cell value is the name of a named range. So, assume A1:A3 is a named range: Rng1. And, B1:B3 is Rng2. I want to get the correlation vale for A1:A3 and B1:B3 So, cell D1 contains "Rng1" and D2 has "Rng2"; and cell D3 has the formula: =correl(D1,D2). But I get an error. Have also tried using Indirect to no avail. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you. =CORREL(INDIRECT(D1),INDIRECT(D2)) -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "ste...

draw random from normal distribution
for a little simulation i need to draw random numbers from a normal distribution with a given mean (0.025) and std dev (0.3373). Having read some earlier posts i tried =norminv(rand(), mean, std dev). Apparently, this is not the right formula: it returns regularly values in the 50%s which should not happen from my 2.5% mean. I also found the box-muller method. How could i transform the random draws from the standard normal distribution into the ones i need? Is there another formula i could use? Thanks a lot in advance Gerald. Can you post your formula? I used this one in A1:A25 =NO...

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.
Dear All, apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what 'search terms' to put in google to return any results.. I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet) to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet), tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move location, just the data within them.. Is it possible? Regards Paul. On your sheet1 select the cell that should receive the data from Sheet12; Hold down the Shift key and Click on Sheet11 << this shoul...

Reverse a General Ledger transaction for a closed year.
I forgot to reverse an entry in 2003 and I closed 2004. I know that the standard answer is that this type of error cannot be corrected; however it is unacceptable to me that there is not a way in Great Plains to correct this. Can we correct the transactions in the table? Scott, The only way to do this would be to have MBS Professional Services open the 2004 back up for you so that you can post to 2003 and re-close 2004 when done. This will cost you for their consulting time, but I believe this will be less in the long run than trying to fix this yourself in the tables. Your GP Partne...

refering to a name range area as a reference value multiple times on a worksheet at different locations
i was wondering if i had posted this in the right section as it could apply to both please could you take a look at the following post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_thread/thread/f088a5737dd26570 thank you Is there some reason you can't post your question here instead of asking us to look elsewhere? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Blinds Nottingham" <bradrail.blinds.awnings@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:d8768e43-e035-45eb-856a-0ccdc843441d@g1g2000yqi.googlegroup...

How to stop downloading a certain transaction.
Hello, I have 4 student loans, all with the same lender. So I pay them all in one check (say $400). In the past I tried to pay each loan seperately, sending the lender 4 different checks, but there were a ton of headaches with this as they lender never applied the payments properly. so in Money, I am forced to split this single transaction into 4 different ones because using "Split" will not allow me to transfer to a Loan account like it might with checking, savings, etc. Since the payments are all different amounts (though they may add up to $400) I use 4 separate transact...

What is IVA# in Distribution Reference and Reference?
We did an inventory adjustment and now we get a unknown amount in Debit under the Inventory account and Credit for COGS account in the Transaction Entry Zoom. We're trying to figure out where that amount came from but we couldn't zoom more than what it's currently shown. In both fields, Reference and Distribution Reference, it's shown IVA#######... that is unknown to or setup by us in anywhere, i.e. Audit Trail, Source Document. Does this amount affect the dollar in the accounts mentioned? And can anyone please help to where we could drill down the IVA details?...

Downloading transactions from Fidelity
I'm downloading transactions from Fidelity into M2007, and finding that many transactions just don't show up in the download. Money Market purchases rarely show up (although sometimes they do), and today a bunch of mutual fund dividends were missing. I've told Money to save the intermediary files, and I can see that the request file has a date range of yesterday to today, and that the transactions are missing from the response file. Fidelity claims that it's not their fault because the download is being done by a screen scraper (i.e. Yodlee) and it must be a bug there. I th...

macro button refers to prev. workbook?
Hi, When I create a macro in Excel, and assign a button to it, it works fine the first time, but when I re-open the workbook for a second time, and try to run the macro again, the macro seems to refer to the previous workbook...For some reason, the macro saves the name of the previous workbook... Sub test() ' Dim name As String Dim adress As String Sheets("sheet1").Select Range("A1").Select name = ActiveSheet.Range("B6").Value adress = ActiveSheet.Range("B4").Value ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Temp...

Column and Row reference
How do i hide the column and row reference number in a sheet, when viewing the worksheet i do not to show the top and right hand side references Dave Tools>Options>View. Uncheck "row and column headers". Good idea to spend a few minutes browsing through the various Tools>Options tabs to see what else is available to toggle on/off. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:53:02 -0700, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do i hide the column and row reference number in a sheet, when viewing the worksheet i do not to show the top an...

Recording Mutual Fund Purchase Transactions
I'm not sure of the proper way to record simple mutual fund purchase transactions that are automatically paid from my primary checking. I find that I have some transactions that are debit withdrawals from primary checking paid to the fund. These are usually downloaded transactions from by bank. Others are recorded as transfers from primary checking to XXX Fund. These all appear under XXX Fund(Cash). I also have one transaction recorded as an investment transaction that looks like it was entered long ago with no from account. I would think that all these transactions should be recorded as ...

How may I macro update a normal distribution chart from new data?
In Excel 2003 SP2. I have created a form for reporting Statistical values.This includes a normal distribution chart. I want to update this chart when new sample data is entered into the form, without having to go through "Tools, Data Analysis, Histogram" each time. I have already tried recording my steps, with "Record New Macro" in the tools menu, but this does not work. The histogram is plotted from a table of bin ranges and counts. If you change those table values into formulas, then the histogram will update with those formulas. Jerry "Mike Williams"...

Missing References
I had a problem today with a missing reference - Microsoft Forms 2 on a colleague's machine at work (Office 2003; VBA 6.5; XP). I've read Chip Pearson's "Missing References in VBA" which is a geat explanation about how to fix problems like this. Oddly the library didn't seem to be flagged as "missing" and was in fact present in the system32 directory but didn't show up in the list of available references. Now to the questions: I'm not clear on whether if I write code in a project that references a library which is not part of the &qu...

Reference
Is it possible to create a reference to another object such as: int & x = i; but using an image list, and referencing different objects depending on a condition? such as : CImageList & imageList; if (thumbnail == 1) imageList = m_ImageListThumb; else imageList = m_ImageListFullSize; Hope this makes sense! Ben You're better off using pointers for this. I believe, depending on the class, that what you're trying to will make a copy of the object instead of referencing it. "Ben Williamson" <oakdaleclose@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:43ee4603...

Sheet Reference
Is there a formula for listing the current Sheet. I know about the filename cell("filename",A1) which returns the entire path, but I just want the Sheet name to appear. John, You still use the CELL("filename") function, but you need to trim the result a bit. Like this: =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("]",CELL("filename"))+1,99) -- Ture Magnusson Microsoft MVP - Excel Karlstad, Sweden "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c6001c3a856$291c9a20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a formula for listing...

Macro to Reference Column Next to Current Reference
Hi, I'd like to automate the following procedure using a macro. Please help. 1) i have 2 sheets: Sheet1 & Sheet2 2) In Sheet1, Cells B2,D2,F2 has the formulas "=Sheet2! F2", "=Sheet2!K2", "=Sheet2!P2" correspondingly. 3) Every month when i do my work, i'd have to manually rekey the formulas to reference the subsequent columns, ie, Cell B2,D2,F2 will change from above to "=Sheet2! G2", "=Sheet2!L2", "=Sheet2!Q2" and in the following month, I have to change manually again to "=Sheet2! H2", "=Sheet2!M2&qu...

Reimbursable checkmark field in transaction form #2
Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business I updated yesterday to Money 2004. In the transaction form is a checkmark field <Reimbursable>. It is disabled. I can't find anything about this in Help or the User's Guide. What can I use this for? How can I activate it? Thanks Henrik ...

making a distribution l;ist
Hi I have a bunch of email address in an xls file (could be word too doesn't matter) I want to make a distribution list from them, but I don't really want to import them in as contacts (since then I'll need to repick them to add to the dis list..and there is a bunch of them) I want to keep the email addresses private so a dis list would be the way to do that How do I bring these addresses into a dis list Or is there some way to hide the email addresses from the recipients on the To: line ? thanks jerry You cannot import addresses directly into a DL. Use the BCC field to hide rec...

Problem with a Distribution List in side the Public Folder
Dear All.We have Exchange 5.5 SP3 and we have made one distribution list in a contacts folder under the Public Folder.After few months Users are unable to save a new Item inside the distribution list and I get this error message:"The item could not be saved to this folder, the item has been deleted or moved or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy to the default folder".I made a search on Google but the problem It seams to be different from the other since the users have owner access to the folder and the folder is still there.Do you have any idea to help meThanks i...

R1C1 reference #2
Excel keeps changing to the R1C1 reference style, but only in one of my workbooks (I believe in just one of the worksheets). I keep changing it back (Tools - Options - General - R1C1 Reference Style), but when I move or copy cells in the workbook, it changes back to R1C1. Anyone have an idea? Look at the TOOLS / OPTIONS / SETTINGS is the 'R1C1 References Style' box checked? If not, check it then save the workbook. Not sure if this is your issue but it's worth a try. Good Luck, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "Tony S" wrote: > Ex...

Showing e-mail address in BCC from a distribution list
I have no problems creating or editing a distribution list. How do I show the members of the distribution list in the BCC line instead of the name of the list? Unclear post. Show them where? To what view are you referring? -- Russ Valentine "scaleman" <scaleman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3297E5B2-8529-4FCA-8167-E7C974345C7F@microsoft.com... >I have no problems creating or editing a distribution list. > > How do I show the members of the distribution list in the BCC line instead > of the name of the list? > Click on t...

How do I Shorten Object References?
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Vessel") I'm always referring to this Sheet and Sheet "Operations" I've seen code where people shorten the objects... How exactly do I do that? Dim ws as worksheet set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Vessel") ws.Range("A1").value = "Shorten" "Benjamin" wrote: > ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Vessel") > I'm always referring to this Sheet and Sheet "Operations" > I've seen code where people shorten the objects... > How exactly do I do that? Benjamin, Here's ...

After upgrade users can't send to distribution lists
I just upgraded from exchange 5.5 on nt4 to exchange 2003 on server 2003. A lot of users are getting this error when they try to send to a distribution list: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 2/8/2006 2:20 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: webmaster on 2/8/2006 2:20 PM A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <servername.company.com #5.4.6> I'...

Distribution list max # of address
How do I change the max # of address for distribution lists ? I have set the max # for receipents to no limit and it has no effect. Please advise do you mean a personal distribution list? if so, I do not believe you can change that...I believe the maximum number is 160, or something like that. You can "nest" distribution lists, or create them in AD and I don't know that there's a limit to the number of members in an AD-based DL...Max number of recipients affects only how many recipients can be addressed on an email... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Hal" &l...

reference to circular reference bug
I just discovered something that looks like a new excel bug: to reproduce behaviour: 1. open a new workbook; 2. activate circular references; 3. enter those formulas: B4 <- formula is =B5 B5 <- formula is =1+SE(B6;0;1) B6 <- formala is =(B5=2) B7 <- formula is =B5 (same as B4!!!) (NB: SE() this is the standard IIF() function in the italian version of excel;) What's wrong: B4 and B7, will display different results even if they contain the same formula. The result displayed depends on the position of the cell conataining the formula: if it is on the left or above B5 the result...