Reduce currency decimals

Hi,

Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great
Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals.

Thank you.

KT
0
KT (80)

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but there's
Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places
This utility can change the decimal places for items.

I don't know of any system-wide change for decimal places.
Eleni

"KT" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great
> Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals.
>
> Thank you.
>
> KT
0
Eleni1 (40)
5/25/2007 7:11:02 PM
You can change the windows regional settings to reduce decimal places
determined by the operating system.  This will apply to all programs that
rely on OS settings, not just GP. Launch Control Panel and then select
Regional and Language Options. Select the [Customize] button and you can
change the overall decimal place settings under the Currency tab.

Hope this helps,

LV

"KT" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any tool which will reduce the currency decimals on our Great
> Plains system. We want to reduce our system currency decimals.
>
> Thank you.
>
> KT
0
LeslieVail (702)
5/27/2007 9:37:00 PM
There are many areas in GP in which to change decimal settings.  Look
at Setup in each of the modules, i.e., Company, Financial, Purchasing,
Sales, Inventory, etc, etc.

Almost every module has module-specific decimal settings.

Good luck,

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)

reduce document print size
This seems like it should be an obvious answer, but I can't figure it out. I have a 24"x18" sign in Publisher, I want to reduce it to postcard size, or about 6"x4.5". I can't find any print driver setting to allow me to do this. There is a setting for 25% reduction but thats a function of the printer driver. Does publisher have a function to allow me to reduce the print size down to 12.5%? Hmmm.... I suppose I could output to jpg and reduce with photoshop.... surely there is a much easier answer though. Thanks! If there is text involved, the conversion...

Failure to display currency format
My document is almost complete, except that two cells are only displaying '######' when in currency format or while holding 2 decimal places. I just can't figure it out! -- ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED have you tried increasing the column width? Tim "SWAN_943" <SWAN943@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:861F6C93-FC34-49F5-9982-484332CEDD2A@microsoft.com... > My document is almost complete, except that two cells are only displaying > '######' when in currency format or while holding 2 decimal places. I just > can't figure...

Format calculation as currency
In the receipt template, I need to display Entry.Price without tax (GST Exclusive). If I calculate it using Entry.Price - Entry.Tax, the format is no longer in currency. Can I format a calculation in currency? Is there an existing variable for Entry.Price Exclusive? Oops. Solved it myself. Should look harder before posting. <SET name="EntryPriceExclusive" type="vbCurrency"> 0 </SET> .... <SET name="EntryPriceExclusive" type="vbCurrency"> Entry.ExtendedBasePrice / Entry.Quantity </SET> I'm still having issues with th...

How to reduce table?
I have a table with over 5000 rows. However, only about 2500 rows contain info, the rest are empty rows (one row with info, next empty, etc). I deleted a few rows by clicking on them and holding Ctrl key. But is there a way to delete several hundreds of empty rows at once? If there is, may someone please tell me how to do it! -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Select a column that has empty cells. F5>Special>Blanks>OK. Edit>Delete>Entire Rows. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 21:56:51 -0400, "ilyaz" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote: >I h...

Reducing the Database
I hope someone can verify this for me as I read it and cant find the original source again. I had a user with a mailbox size of 1g. I have deleted every item in his mailbox, with the exception of a few emails (no attachment) and expect his mailbox size to be well under 50 mb. I have did not perform an offline defrag on this mail server, but rather moved the user to a new mail server. Should his current mailbox size now reflect 50 mb or will it show 1g as it did on the other server? Thanks Ken Depends :-) What is your Deleted Items Retention policy? If you deleted everything yesterda...

the viewstate hidden field, how can I reduce it?
hi asp.net 3.5 I see in my page that the hidden field viewstate is relativly very large, and are looking for ways to reduce it. Because I think it can improve ranking. <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="WJ6eLjF5Grnr80+KngeZIcTDmEbX+zjv6ptIUmMgYaqKCBB/5hAKJ748W52U1l74GfNLHDuTLuwC/O4GQE/Sp+BnQYsW+nJHK+Qkg6xfb467kHRpiCUUl/Uv2tgQssSa2K4sfbMyaL/IIlb03091A3lbQV1wLMDvL7NPqXgwJERA1+Cx2eNlzll2WkbhNQw5Ne0FmtmBXaZysPeDEeQIrl5R2IesEHnCbrG5Mz2otNviv2JKia1yXgAKw3ljDlH7wmYWOF+WXn9lhsF5YElQnMZV2hpzQjJ91O5YARub/ci77gftNaI2Z6FqHjH...

PA to Payroll currency decimals
Project accounting interface to Payroll should honor the Timesheet cost category currency decimals and push to payroll the number of decimals setup in Project. Ideally, the PA side should warn you if your currency decimals on a TS cost category are not equal to the Payroll currency decimals if the interface is turned on. Currently the PA rounds to 2 decimals when posting to Payroll batches. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the me...

Problems with inputting currency in a form
Hi All, So I have a form that is bound. In particular I have a text book whose control source is a field in a table. Its format is currency. The problem is: if the form is in regular view and someone goes to the text box and types 4, it comes up as 40. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, K On Jul 17, 8:20 am, kidforto...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > > So I have a form that is bound. > > In particular I have a text book whose control source is a field in a > table. Its format is currency. > > The problem is: if the form is in regular view and someone goes to the...

Decimal Placement on Purchase Orders
I use the RMS in my wine store. When I purchase a case of wine for $80, I need to enter the price as $5.666666 to get the extended cost to round to $80. This is fine, but when I go to receive the goods, it truncates that number back down to $5.66, therby making the extended cost different. Is there a way to fix this? Try creating Parent/Child relationships and order/receive by the case. This is not a perfect solution, but should address this issue. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Plea...

SQL Optimized
Integration Manager - SQL Optimized - GL Transaction Adapter only allows functional currency transactions to be integrated. To integrate Multi currency transactions you cannot use this and have to use the standrad adapter, which is extremly slow. ...

reduce printing
I am using MS Publisher 2003. I want to print our school paper which I formatted to 12" x 18" but reduced to the size of a legal size bond paper, 8.5" x 14". I am using Epson Stylus C43SX printer. What should I do? ...

Customer Statements Printed in Reporting Currency
Using GP 10.0 with Multicurrency, the Functional Currency is set to Z-C$ and the Reporting Currency is set to Z-US$. Is there a way to print Customer Statements in the Reporting Currency (US Dollars) rather than the Functional currency (Canadian Dollars)? Once the Functional Currency has activity, it cannot be changed using the Mutlticurrency Setup Window,(Tools>Setup>Financial>Multicurrency>Mutlicurrency Setup). Any thoughts would be appreciated. Don, The option to print Customer Statements in Reporting Currency is not available in the standard GP functionality. I cou...

Reduce the virtual Memory used by application
Hi , I have several servers in (VC++) running on a windows XP having 1G of RAM. These servers does some polling to some of the devices/process requests from the client. But i always see a hardisk usage(the harddisk usage light is flickering).?. Why is this happening. Its showing the mem usage around 4 MB and virtual memory as some 5 MB or so..?Why does this happen. ?.Since i am having plenty of RAM, and i dont quite understand why the hardisk is being used. Is there any compilation option that i should use ? Appreciate ur inputs on this Thanks May be some applications are accessing disk f...

Formatting currency with the cents but without the decimal point
I have a client who needs to export check information in a text format. The bank is requiring that all fields take x number of characters, which I have been able to do except that the check amount needs to read 10 digits without the decimal place. ie: $247.84 becomes 0000024784. I can get it to 00000247.84 with the function Format([CkAmount],00000000.00) but the minute I take out the decimal, I get a decimal, I get 0000000247. I should also mention that this is an Access 97 db that has to be totally redone at some point in a later version. It won't convert to any higher a ...

how to reduce high cpu usage
When I run Outlook 2003 on my dell M1210 notebook, the CPU usage increase and slower down other services. The cpu given spike usage in every 1-2 seconds. How to resolve this and what is the cause of it? How often are you polling for new mail and do you have your antivirus set to scan incoming/outgoing mail? Do you have any add ins or COMs installed? Any synching software or fax software? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Kairo Ismail" wrote: > When I run Outlook 2003 on my dell M1210 notebook, the CPU usage i...

Reduce file size.
My file was 90Kb before I formated some cells and when I saved it, the size jumped to 180kb. Double What I think happened is instead of formatting only 5 cells, by mistake I formatted 5000 cells. But they're still all empty, so does it matter Is there any way I can reduce the size back to 90Kb or so, because I copy this file on my pocket PC and can't afford to waste any memory Thanks! "Guido" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FF56E06-1092-4124-9B7D-D3A10F448AE2@microsoft.com... > My file was 90Kb before I formated some cells and when I...

How do I reduce size of newsletter in publisherfrom 4 to 2 pages?
I need only a 2 page newsletter. Haven't figured out how to reduce size of templates given from 4 to 2. Delete the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB37C8F-8E4F-4299-BB10-E99C310416A5@microsoft.com... >I need only a 2 page newsletter. Haven't figured out how to reduce size of > templates given from 4 to 2. In Publisher 2000 it's Edit Delete page -- Don Vancouver, USA "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Currency of Financial Charge (interest charge)
Hi everyone, GP calculate financial charge at functional currency instead of originating currency, and give me two statments for one foreign account, one is for regualr AR at originating currency and another one is at funcational currency for financial charge. How can I make GP calculating financial charge at originating currency? Thank you! -- Lucy ...

how do i create a reducing number that reduces at certain dates
Hi all, basically what im trying to create is a spreadsheet showing how many payments i have left on an item i purchased. Now i pay $100 on this item on every 2nd friday. So my question is, what is a formula that will look at todays date and reconise that it is the second friday when payment is due and reduce a given figure in a cell by $100. For example, Total cost is $1000, payments = $100, payments are due on 07/10/05, 21/10/05, 04/11/05 etc So when the 07/10/05 arrives total cost will = $900, when 21/10/05 arrives total cost will = 800 etc. Obviously when the date is other than spec...

When using general format for a cell, numbers appear with decimals
I'm working in a new workbook. When I type in a number like 535, it shows up in the cell as 5.35 The format of the cell is General and not number. Even the example that shows up when looking at the cell format shows the decimal. This shouldn't be happening. Any suggestions? I may have found it. The tools/options/Edit tab Fixed decimal checkbox..... "Simmian" wrote: > I'm working in a new workbook. > > When I type in a number like 535, it shows up in the cell as 5.35 > > The format of the cell is General and not number. Even the example that...

Archive Files & Reducing Outlook bloat
Using Outlook 2003 I have archived most of my e-mail message folders into various archive folders. To reduce the space occupied by these archives (and Outlook in general), may I simply burn these files into a CD and then delete the archives? Will OL2003 go crazy if it cannot find these archive files the next time it opens? If that is not the ideal m.o., then what better way is there to reduce Outlook's footprint on my laptop? Thanks Close the archives in Outlook before trying to do any of that. Right click on them and choose 'Close'. Also, make sure that the files you ...

Reduce OWA pages ?
Is it possible to reduce the size of web pages by IIS for OWA exchange 2K ? ...

functional currency setup
I recently set up a new company in GP. However, when I go to set up the functional currency, it tells me that activity for that currency already exists. The field is currently blank. Nothing has been entered, and when we do try, we get the error that a functional currency must be set up before proceeding. Any suggestions? Go to File - Maintenance - Check Links and insert the Multicurrency Setup file. The error log should say that the functional currency has been updated. The functional currency will show up in the Setup now, but you will still have to enter a Reporting Currency. ...

Winzip barely reduces size of some Excel files
I create financial models that are often larger than 15MB. Naturally, I compress them before emailing or saving to a network drive. This has worked great until recently when files stopped compressing very much. The one that I'm currently working on is 18MB and only compresses to 17 MB... I am using WinZip 9.0 and Excel 2003. The size of the model is due to using arrays and an enormous amount of data. There are no macros and I have tried removing charts and graphs but it didn't make a difference. Any ideas will be much appreciated. chipj...@hotmail.com wrote... .... >The on...

Changing Functional Currency #2
with transaction already entered, can the Functional Currency be changed say from SGD to USD or to any other currency? or any 3rd Party tools can provide above functionality... this is required as a local based company may be brought over and become a foreign owned company, hence the functional currency for ALL historcial and open trx need to be changed. thks in advance. Once you have chosen the functional currency and entered a transaction, it cannot be changed. I have not seen any third-party tools that will change this. "HFLo" wrote: > with transaction already enter...